JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

(edited)

1 minute ago, Jay McKinsey said:

The numbers I provided are directly from SMMT. End of story,

What your blurb is saying is that fleet sales have increased faster than private sales.

You need new reading glasses, Jay.

This quote is contained in your own quotation. Read again, old man, and get new reading glasses with more power. This means that private sales must have fallen.

"While the shift was originally driven by private consumers, they have since been overtaken by fleets and business buyers. Following 2022’s removal of the Plug-in Car Grant – leaving Britain as the only major European market with no consumer EV incentives yet the most ambitious transition timeline – sales to private buyers have fallen from more than one in three, to less than one in four.4"

Edited by Ecocharger

1 minute ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Your reading comprehension fails you again. Your whopping evidence is that fleet sales of EVs has increased faster than private, from your evidence link:

image.thumb.png.d7828773067c60c427615a75b98d6289.png

Ahh there some crowing! If I may...would US tax dollars be going to corporations? Imagine that tax dollars incentiving corporation's. 

• Rolling Eye 1

Just now, Ecocharger said:

Read again, Jay, you are wrong as usual.

"While the shift was originally driven by private consumers, they have since been overtaken by fleets and business buyers. Following 2022’s removal of the Plug-in Car Grant – leaving Britain as the only major European market with no consumer EV incentives yet the most ambitious transition timeline – sales to private buyers have fallen from more than one in three, to less than one in four.4"

Whether you like it or not the SMMT numbers are:

https://www.smmt.co.uk/vehicle-data/car-registrations/

image.png

(edited)

2 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Whether you like it or not the SMMT numbers are:

https://www.smmt.co.uk/vehicle-data/car-registrations/

image.png

Using the numbers above together with the SMMT evaluation, it follows that private EV sales must have declined.

You even provided this statement above without realizing it. Do you bother to read your own stuff, Jay?

Edited by Ecocharger

1 minute ago, Ecocharger said:

You need new reading glasses, Jay.

This quote is contained in your own quotation. Read again, old man, and get new reading glasses with more power.

It says fleet and business buyers previously were 67% of the market and now make up 75% of the EV market. It says nothing at all about overall EV demand.

Just now, Jay McKinsey said:

It says fleet and business buyers previously were 67% of the market and now make up 75% of the EV market. It says nothing at all about overall EV demand.

No, that is not what it says, it says that the private sales have fallen from more than 1/3 to less than 1/4, therefore private sales have actually declined.

(edited)

3 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Using the numbers above together with the SMMT evaluation, it follows that private EV sales must have declined.

You even provided this statement above without realizing it. Do you bother to read your own stuff, Jay?

Nothing in this statement indicates that private sales actually declined. It says their percentage of the overall EV market dropped from 33% to 25%. 

The overall BEV market increased share from 14 to 16.4%. So private sales made up 25% of that increase.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

(edited)

4 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Nothing in this statement indicates that private sales actually declined. It says their percentage of the overall EV market dropped from 33% to 25%. 

The overall BEV market increased share from 14 to 16.4%. So private sales made up 25% of that increase.

No, you are missing the point. Private sales have declined from over 1/3 of total EV sales to less than 1/4 of EV sales, and therefore this represents a decline in total private EV sales. Do your math again.

"sales to private buyers have FALLEN"

Edited by Ecocharger

(edited)

No, you are missing the point. Private sales have declined from over 1/3 of total EV sales to less than 1/4 of EV sales, and therefor this represents a decline in total private EV sales. Do your math again.

A decline in share of the ev market but in absolute sales their number increased as the BEV market increased.

And it is the overall market sales that matter. All those fleet and business cars are sold into the used market in a few years.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

(edited)

3 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

A decline in growth rate but in absolute sales their number increased as the BEV market increased.

And it is the overall market sales that matter. All those fleet and business cars are sold into the used market in a few years.

No, this is not a decline in growth but a decline in the share of EV sales. Your math is faulty.

When the share of market declines drastically numbers sold go down, even if there is a small increase in the overall market.

Edited by Ecocharger

No, this is not a decline in growth but a decline in the share of EV sales. Your math is faulty.

Yes, a decline in the share of the EV market but the EV market grew from 14% last year to 16.4% today and private sales made up 25% of that growth.

(edited)

5 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Yes, a decline in the share of the EV market but the EV market grew from 14% last year to 16.4% today and private sales made up 25% of that growth.

No, there was a drastic decline in the private share of the new EV market, and even with the small increase in the overall EV market that translates into fewer private sales. Your math is deficient.

Sales to private buyers have FALLEN.

Edited by Ecocharger

No, there was a drastic decline in the private share of the EV market, and even with the small increase in the overall EV market that translates into fewer private sales. Your math is deficient.

Your drastic decline was 8% while the overall market went up by 17%.

It is irrelevant if sales are to private or fleet. The number of EV sales went up by 17% YoY. Those fleet sales will all enter the used market in a few years.

(edited)

19 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Your drastic decline was 8% while the overall market went up by 17%.

It is irrelevant if sales are to private or fleet. The number of EV sales went up by 17% YoY. Those fleet sales will all enter the used market in a few years.

Even accepting your figures here, that translates into a huge decline in private EV sales , as I kept showing you above. Actually the market decline rate for private EV sales is 27%.

I have been patiently waiting for you to see the light, and now that you have seen it, you are still trying to avoid the inevitable acknowledgment that private EV sales have fallen substantially. 

That's okay, I accept your belated enlightenment.

As in the U.S., without private in-home recharging capacity, there will be a very limited potential market for private EVs and they will be piling up on sales lots as they already have been in the U.S.

Edited by Ecocharger

50 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Even accepting your figures here, that translates into a huge decline in private EV sales , as I kept showing you above. Actually the market decline rate for private EV sales is 27%.

I have been patiently waiting for you to see the light, and now that you have seen it, you are still trying to avoid the inevitable acknowledgment that private EV sales have fallen substantially. 

That's okay, I accept your belated enlightenment.

As in the U.S., without private in-home recharging capacity, there will be a very limited potential market for private EVs and they will be piling up on sales lots as they already have been in the U.S.

I don't know what you are talking about.

Again, sales being private or fleet is irrelevant. Overall EV sales went up. That is all that matters.

• Like 1

(edited)

3 hours ago, AlBub said:

No, my info was not from Alex Jones. It was from real news, although nearly 3 years ago so I don't remember which. I do appreciate the info you put into your comment. One of the reasons I am on here is to learn stuff, not just argue. I am telling the truth about what I saw, and it sure looks like you are too, so maybe my source was incorrect. Pretty sure they were. 

One other problem, maybe the biggest, was that ERCOT members were from out of state, unless that was a lie too. Some came from places like Michigan. Who in their right mind living in Michigan would really worry about -2 degrees Fahrenheit?  There were so many things done wrong, it would be comical if it would not have been serious.

Anyway, thank you for the updated info. 

You are welcome!

I, too, furrowed my brow when I found that ERCOT’s board members were from distant locations.  I believe their resignations were appropriate.  While most had some foundation in the electric power industry, their experience may have been tainted by being from other interconnections, and may have anticipated greater support from neighboring well-connected system operators.

Edited by turbguy

31 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

I don't know what you are talking about.

Again, sales being private or fleet is irrelevant. Overall EV sales went up. That is all that matters.

No, what matters is the car in the driveway, that is private sales, now at a 27% rate of decline in the UK. The inevitable and predictable state of distress for the Green mania.

(edited)

Big Oil is still getting Bigger going forward as the the major oil firms gird up for major expansion.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Energy-Security-Trumps-ESG-Agenda-For-Big-Oil.html

"Fossil fuel consumption as a percentage of primary energy remained steady at 82% in 2022, according to the 2023 Energy Institute Statistical Review of World Energy, a closely-watched annual report previously produced by BP. "

Edited by Ecocharger

2 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

especially now that the science supporting climate panic is being exposed as fatuous.

You keep saying that, yet I see no evidence of the world changing their mind.

1 minute ago, TailingsPond said:

You keep saying that, yet I see no evidence of the world changing their mind.

I gave you links to two famous climate scientists who changed their minds. Go back and listen.

Just now, Ecocharger said:

I gave you links to two famous climate scientists who changed their minds. Go back and listen.

Wow a whole 2!

Meanwhile the hundreds of others....

Just now, TailingsPond said:

Wow a whole 2!

Meanwhile the hundreds of others....

Hundreds of others follow these two, and I also posted some others a few pages back. 

The main point is that these climate scientists are not deniers, but represent the mainstream scientists whose work has been actively misrepresented in the media and the panic agitators.

• Haha 1

(edited)

Hundreds of others follow these two, and I also posted some others a few pages back. 

The main point is that these climate scientists are not deniers, but represent the mainstream scientists whose work has been actively misrepresented in the media and the panic agitators.

You repeat your misinformation so often you are starting to believe it.

Show me when real changes happen. 

Like Eyes closed waiting... any day now....

Edited by TailingsPond