JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

3 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Looks like the 4th quarter for Green Energy is going to crumble at its foundation's.

Greenwashing Backlash Sparks ESG Exodus

• Prominent fund managers, like BlackRock and State Street, are closing an increasing number of ESG funds as backlash grows.
  • Criticism includes the belief that radical ESG funds impose unpopular 'green' corporate initiatives and concerns about 'greenwashing' within the industry.
  • BlackRock faced notable withdrawals from Republican governors, resulting in them dropping the term "ESG" from their communications.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Greenwashing-Backlash-Sparks-ESG-Exodus.html

Backlash?????

Reality

only 14 percent favor fossil fuels....what is it like to be on the losing team????? over and over again

enjoy the poll.....With 68% support, solar power was the most popular energy source, trailed by wind (54%), hydropower (35%) and nuclear (24%), with only 14% of respondents saying they favoured fossil fuels, the survey found.

https://www.reuters.com/sustainability/climate-energy/global-survey-shows-two-thirds-population-favours-solar-power-2023-09-15/

Solar energy shines in global survey with 68% support

September 15, 20237:23 AM MDTUpdated 8 days ago

AMSTERDAM, Sept 15 (Reuters) - More than two-thirds of the world's population favours solar energy, five times more than public support for fossil fuels, a global poll has found.

The survey, conducted by Glocalities in collaboration with advocacy groups Global Citizen and The Fossil Fuel Non-Proliferation Treaty Initiative, was based on interviews with more than 21,000 people in 21 countries between January and June.

The countries included Australia, Brazil, China, India, Italy, Mexico, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey and the United States.

With 68% support, solar power was the most popular energy source, trailed by wind (54%), hydropower (35%) and nuclear (24%), with only 14% of respondents saying they favoured fossil fuels, the survey found.

The Glocalities poll reinforced other surveys showing robust support for renewables in Europe and the United States. The EU's latest Eurobarometer from May-June found 85% of Europeans support "investing massively" in renewable energies, such as wind and solar power.

A Pew Research Center poll from early 2022, which pre-dated a global spike in energy prices following Russia's invasion of Ukraine, showed 69% of U.S. adults prioritised developing alternative energy sources such as wind and solar over expanding the production of oil, coal and natural gas, down from 79% two years earlier.

In the United States, the Glocalities poll found, solar energy was also the most favoured power source at 58%, while fossil fuel was supported by 24%, well ahead of the global average.

Fossil fuels, however, still accounted for 77% of global energy consumption in 2022, said Michael Sheldrick, Co-Founder and Chief Policy, Impact and Government Affairs Officer at Global Citizen.

"This 'production gap' highlights a concerning paradox: despite strong public support for renewable energy, fossil fuel production remains prevalent," he said.

"Regardless of demographic or political affiliation, Democrat or Republican, solar power emerges as the world's preferred energy source...(which) indicates that there exists a common ground where political agendas can align with the clear demands of citizens," he added.

Global energy demand rose 1% last year and record renewables growth did nothing to shift the dominance of fossil fuels, the most recent Statistical Review of World Energy report said.

Scientists say the world needs to cut greenhouse gas emissions by around 43% by 2030 from 2019 levels to have any hope of meeting the international Paris Agreement goal of keeping warming well below 2 degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels.

Reporting by Anthony Deutsch and Kate Abnett; editing by Miral Fahmy and Jane Merriman

59 minutes ago, TailingsPond said:

Backlash from fossil human / republican governors humans that will die soon enough.

"Dropping the term "ESG' from their communications"... the funds probably remain largely the same, they will just temporarily remove the somehow offensive green label.   When the backlash ends they will already have unlabelled green funds in place.

One thought....

Screenshot_20230922-134926.jpg

• Like 1

(edited)

On 9/22/2023 at 11:02 PM, TailingsPond said:

Do you read your posts?

Enjoy your temporary oil bump. 

Remember, high oil prices will push people towards EV's, not away. 

The government commitments to Greening are now weakening and collapsing even in the UK.

And the ESG movement is collapsing and shrinking back into the intellectual green slime of climate activism.

From garbage, back to garbage.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Greenwashing-Backlash-Sparks-ESG-Exodus.html

"Data from Morningstar shows State Street, Columbia Threadneedle Investments, Janus Henderson Group, and Hartford Funds Management Group have unwound more than two dozen ESG funds this year. The latest unwind comes from BlackRock, who told regulators last Friday it plans to close two ESG emerging-market bond funds with total assets of $55 million. "

1695389772-o_1hauhlorlcm948vn2i1q5p2q48.

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Like 1

On 9/22/2023 at 11:02 PM, TailingsPond said:

Do you read your posts?

Enjoy your temporary oil bump. 

Remember, high oil prices will push people towards EV's, not away. 

I guess you have not learned how to read,

"Offshore wind projects are being canceled, EV sales in the U.S. are slowing down, and the solar industry faces competition from cheap Chinese panels, highlighting challenges in the renewable sector."

• Like 1

(edited)

Looks like oil prices are trending up for the long term despite oil production increases ....oil demand is roaring ahead to all-time super levels and despite record oil production the hot demand is pushing oil prices into the stratosphere. Hot, hot, hot.....

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/JPMorgan-Analyst-Sees-Energy-Supercycle-With-Oil-As-High-As-150.html

"JPMorgan now sees the global supply and demand imbalance at 1.1 million bpd in 2025, but growing to a 7.1 million bpd deficit in 2030 as robust demand continues to butt up against limited supply."

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

I guess you have not learned how to read,

"Offshore wind projects are being canceled, EV sales in the U.S. are slowing down, and the solar industry faces competition from cheap Chinese panels, highlighting challenges in the renewable sector."

Competition from cheap soar panels. The USA, of course, won't manufacture many; but lots of cheap made in China solar panels will make make green energy even more popular.

You keep waiting just like eyes shut.  Any day now you will be right about something, any day now. :)

Meanwhile in reality the transition continues. 

13 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

Looks like oil prices are trending up for the long term despite oil production increases ..

High oil prices surly will make ICE cars more popular.  Real backwards logic there...

Do you want high oil prices or high oil usage? 

Cheap solar panels and expensive oil is a perfect storm in favour of EV's.  Do you read your own posts?

1 hour ago, TailingsPond said:

Competition from cheap soar panels. The USA, of course, won't manufacture many; but lots of cheap made in China solar panels will make make green energy even more popular.

You keep waiting just like eyes shut.  Any day now you will be right about something, any day now. :)

Meanwhile in reality the transition continues. 

Read again, get you eyeglasses checked,

"Offshore wind projects are being canceled, EV sales in the U.S. are slowing down,..'

I guess you just happened to miss that?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TailingsPond said:

High oil prices surly will make ICE cars more popular.  Real backwards logic there...

Do you want high oil prices or high oil usage? 

Cheap solar panels and expensive oil is a perfect storm in favour of EV's.  Do you read your own posts?

The upward trend for oil prices is happening in spite of higher oil production, it is just hot demand for oil and gasoline.

(edited)

9 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

The upward trend for oil prices is happening in spite of higher oil production, it is just hot demand for oil and gasoline.

Hot demand, or "cold" supply?

I suspect there is some collusion involved in this so-called "free market".

Edited by turbguy

12 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Read again, get you eyeglasses checked,

"Offshore wind projects are being canceled, EV sales in the U.S. are slowing down,..'

I guess you just happened to miss that?

Only 71% EV growth, some slow down.

A total of 126,294 plug-in vehicles (99,089 BEVs and 27,205 PHEVs) were sold during August 2023 in the United States, up 71.5% from the sales in August 2022. PEVs captured 9.51% of total LDV sales this month.

8 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Do you want high oil prices or high oil consumption?  Do you identify as a consumer or producer?

Personally I want high oil prices.  It drives up EV adoption, and I live in a oil producing region and greedily enjoy the oil revenues filling our coffers.

(edited)

On 9/20/2023 at 12:00 PM, Polyphia said:

So, no, you don't have any data--got it.

I didn't save the sources for idiots like you because I actually work for a living, not just save sources to show you later. You can look them up yourself if you want them so bad, They should be out there unless they have been edited like government data.

At least the other fellow could add information to the discussion, which I respect very much.

Edited by AlBub

5 hours ago, turbguy said:

Hot demand, or "cold" supply?

I suspect there is some collusion involved in this so-called "free market".

Production is higher than ever for oil, but oil demand is hot and overcoming the increase in oil supply.

5 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

Do you want high oil prices or high oil consumption?  Do you identify as a consumer or producer?

Personally I want high oil prices.  It drives up EV adoption, and I live in a oil producing region and greedily enjoy the oil revenues filling our coffers.

EVs are a dead end, they are piling up on U.S. sales lots and Chinese garbage lots.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Only 71% EV growth, some slow down.

A total of 126,294 plug-in vehicles (99,089 BEVs and 27,205 PHEVs) were sold during August 2023 in the United States, up 71.5% from the sales in August 2022. PEVs captured 9.51% of total LDV sales this month.

Jay, EVs are piling up on American sales lots, while fossil fuel cars are experiencing smaller inventories.

15 minutes ago, AlBub said:

I didn't save the sources for idiots like you because I actually work for a living, not just save sources to show you later. You can look them up yourself if you want them so bad, They should be out there unless they have been edited like government data.

At least the other fellow could add information to the discussion, which I respect very much.

As I noted, you don't have the data. Thank you for confirming.

• Rolling Eye 1

1 minute ago, Ecocharger said:

EVs are a dead end, they are piling up on U.S. sales lots and Chinese garbage lots.

You did not answer the question.  Do you want high oil prices or high oil consumption? 

If you look at reality all the automotive manufacturers are switching to EV.  Sunk costs, long-term vision, no going back.

2 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Jay, EVs are piling up on American sales lots, while fossil fuel cars are experiencing smaller inventories.

And that will continue until there are no new fossil cars on the lots.

It's like you see what is happening but refuse to believe the significance. Fossil cars are going away.

(edited)

15 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

Wrong as usual.  Fossil fuel car inventories are growing and EV is falling:

Throughout August, the total U.S. supply of available unsold new vehicles climbed above 2 million units, a level not seen since April 2021. Inventory stood at 2.06 million units at the start of September, up from a revised 1.96 million at the beginning of August, according to Cox Automotive’s analysis of vAuto Available Inventory data. That was 68% higher than a year ago, or about 837,000 units. Inventory numbers include vehicles available on dealer lots and some in transit.

Days of supply stood at 58 at the start of September, about the same level it has been at for most of the year and up 46% from a year ago.

EV sales in the past 30 days increased 7%, and available inventory decreased, leading to a decline in days’ supply. 

https://www.coxautoinc.com/market-insights/new-vehicle-inventory-august-2023/

Note: 7% growth per month is over 100% growth in a year.

Edited by Jay McKinsey
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

This entire recent conversation reminds me of what a favorite car salesman once said:

"There's an ass for every seat".

Edited by turbguy
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Polyphia said:

As I noted, you don't have the data. Thank you for confirming.

I don't have the "source" to give you. I don't lie. You make it sound as if you would. I was have a discussion with another poster. He was telling me what he had, and I was passing along what I had. We don't agree, but we don't lie. I am on here discuss and to learn. I certainly don't remember learning anything from you.

(edited)

14 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Wrong as usual.  Fossil fuel car inventories are growing and EV is falling:

Throughout August, the total U.S. supply of available unsold new vehicles climbed above 2 million units, a level not seen since April 2021. Inventory stood at 2.06 million units at the start of September, up from a revised 1.96 million at the beginning of August, according to Cox Automotive’s analysis of vAuto Available Inventory data. That was 68% higher than a year ago, or about 837,000 units. Inventory numbers include vehicles available on dealer lots and some in transit.

Days of supply stood at 58 at the start of September, about the same level it has been at for most of the year and up 46% from a year ago.

EV sales in the past 30 days increased 7%, and available inventory decreased, leading to a decline in days’ supply. 

https://www.coxautoinc.com/market-insights/new-vehicle-inventory-august-2023/

He is dead spot on. A very old market  dynamic..interest rates along with hyper inflation has killed the 50K and above market...disposal income is gone.

Historically manufacturing has incentived under performing market segments...but that time has come and gone. There broke, far to much capital was squandered on EV production and no returns...Actually billions in losses. The housing market is a clear demonstration of what's coming.

EV production will or actually has become a pariah in the US. EU automakers are revolting against any more Chinese EV dumping...there is no escaping what's to come..A very bad time world wide.

Biden gives lifeline to legacy automakers with $15B to retrofit existing factories for EV production

Avatar for Fred LambertFred Lambert | Aug 31 2023 - 10:56 am PT

https://electrek.co/2023/08/31/biden-lifeline-legacy-automakers-15-billion-to-retrofit-existing-factories-ev-production/

The higher the price, the heftier the inventory. The $60,000 to $80,000 segment had the most with 77 days’ supply, followed closely by the $50,000 to $60,000 category at 74 days’ supply.

In contrast, the under $20,000 segment had a scant 21 days’ supply, followed by the $20,000 to $30,000 category with 35 days’ supply. The $30,000 to $40,000 segment had a 45 days’ supply. The $40,000 to $50,000 and above $80,000 segments both had 62 days’ supply.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

25 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Biden gives lifeline to legacy automakers with $15B to retrofit existing factories for EV production

Read that.

They need help to transition - a "lifeline."  Certainly not the first time USA automakers have needed a bailout. 

The future is electric.

29 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

more Chinese EV dumping...there is no escaping what's to come..A very bad time world wide.

China makes everything cheaper.  They dump and the USA eats crap (Walmart, dollar general, etc.).

"There is no escaping what's to come."   You are almost learning!