JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

(edited)

Why are oil prices surging upward? Because of hot demand for oil and gasoline.

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Oil-Prices-Fall-Hard-After-2-Day-Rise.html

"Inventories at Cushing are now at 21.958 million barrels, according to the EIA’s latest data—a small amount for tanks that can hold near 100 million barrels. Some have suggested that when tanks near 10%-20% of that capacity, it is nearing operational lows, making it difficult to physically withdraw from tanks as it is like literally scraping the sludgy bottom of the barrel. 

While inventories at Cushing are at their lowest since last summer, Wednesday’s WTI price was the highest since last summer, and a $26 per barrel increase in just the three months since June 27."

Edited by Ecocharger

(edited)

11 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

You are again wide of the mark, old man.

Since the end of financial incentives this year, personal EV sales in UK have fallen drastically by 27%. Funny how you have trouble understanding that.

I understand that your claims are irrelevant and that what matters is total sales.

No matter what nonsense you claim, below is the official government information, just keep making a fool of yourself for all to see by claiming that this information is not correct when you have zero evidence to disprove it:

SMMT-Car-regs-summary-graphic-Aug-23-01.png

Edited by Jay McKinsey

(edited)

57 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

I understand that your claims are irrelevant and that what matters is total sales.

No matter what nonsense you claim, below is the official government information, just keep making a fool of yourself for all to see by claiming that this information is not correct when you have zero evidence to disprove it:

Again, you try hard to miss the key point. Since the termination of government incentives, UK sales of personal EVs have plummeted by 27%, which is an outright catastrophe for the so-called UK "transition" plans.

Those plans are now officially defunct and have entered the dust bin of history.

All of this was necessitated by the severe budget crunch which the UK government has burdened itself in a vain attempt to "transition" away from fossil fuel vehicles, which continue to constitute the vast majority of UK vehicle fleets.

Enjoy the re-transition back to fossil fuels!

Edited by Ecocharger

(edited)

17 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Again, you try hard to miss the key point. Since the termination of government incentives, UK sales of personal EVs have plummeted by 27%, which is an outright catastrophe for the so-called UK "transition" plans.

Those plans are now officially defunct and have entered the dust bin of history.

All of this was necessitated by the severe budget crunch which the UK government has burdened itself in a vain attempt to "transition" away from fossil fuel vehicles, which continue to constitute the vast majority of UK vehicle fleets.

Enjoy the re-transition back to fossil fuels!

The only relevant point is total EV sales which went up by 72%!!! Your metric is irrelevant.

You are so desperate and it is only going to get worse for you as EV sales keep skyrocketing. Denying abject reality is not healthy.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

(edited)

4 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

The only relevant point is total EV sales which went up by 72%!!! Your metric is irrelevant.

You are so desperate and it is only going to get worse for you as EV sales keep skyrocketing. Denying abject reality is not healthy.

The only relevant point is personal EV sales which declined by 27%, a disastrous outcome.

That decline indicates the state of the free market, not government subsidies.

Edited by Ecocharger

1 minute ago, Ecocharger said:

The only relevant point is personal EV sales which declined by 27%, a disastrous outcome.

And yet EV sales grew by 72%. 

(edited)

45 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Ecochump please repeat 5 times after reading the following article

wunderbar

and please repeat it with a nice German accent like you just had a boot of beer at Octoberfest

Ommm Pah Pah

In August, the total new plug-in electric car registrations amounted to 101,201 (up 78 percent year-over-year), which is 37.0 percent of the total volume (compared to 28.5 percent a year ago).

INSIDE EVS

https://insideevs.com/news/687160/germany-electric-car-sales-august2023/

Germany: All-Electric Car Sales More Than Doubled In August 2023

Chinese brands are surging, capturing more and more market share.

Volkswagen ID.5

Sep 18, 2023 at 8:11am ET

In August, new passenger car registrations in Germany increased by 37 percent year-over-year to 273,417. During the first eight months of 2023, 1,913,564 new cars were registered (up 16.5 percent year-over-year).

Last month was very strong in terms of plug-in electric car sales, which increased to the highest level so far this year.

In August, the total new plug-in electric car registrations amounted to 101,201 (up 78 percent year-over-year), which is 37.0 percent of the total volume (compared to 28.5 percent a year ago).

• Seat/Cupra: 4468 - 3483 BEVs and 985 PHEVs
  • Skoda: 3676 - 3345 BEVs and 331 PHEVs
  • Fiat: 3247 BEVs
  • Renault: 3106 - 3074 BEVs and 32 PHEVs
  • Dacia: 3027 BEVs
  • smart: 2947 BEVs
  • MG Roewe: 2368 BEVs
  • GWM: 2211 - 2210 BEVs and 1 PHEV
  • BYD: 2034 BEVs

After the first eight months of the year, the top three brands in terms of plug-in car sales were Volkswagen, Mercedes-Benz, and Tesla. If we exclude plug-in hybrids, the top three are Volkswagen, Tesla, and Mercedes-Benz.

Plug-in car registrations by brands (at least 8,000) year-to-date:

• Volkswagen: 58082 - 52893 BEVs and 5189 PHEVs
  • Mercedes-Benz: 50769 - 25272 BEVs and 25497 PHEVs
  • Tesla: 47192 BEVs
  • BMW: 34596 - 20877 BEVs and 13719 PHEVs
  • Audi: 30863 - 20160 BEVs and 10703 PHEVs
  • Hyundai: 24990 - 21934 BEVs and 3056 PHEVs
  • Opel: 19111 - 15423 BEVs and 3688 PHEVs
  • Seat: 18690 - 11156 BEVs and 7534 PHEVs
  • Skoda: 16322 - 13010 BEVs and 3312 PHEVs
  • Fiat: 14536 BEVs
  • Kia: 14475 - 10367 BEVs and 4108 PHEVs
  • smart: 12608 BEVs
  • MG Roewe: 12034 - 12014 BEVs and 20 PHEVs
  • Volvo: 11980 - 6232 BEVs and 5748 PHEVs
  • Renault: 11470 - 10874 BEVs and 596 PHEVs
  • Peugeot: 9894 - 7698 BEVs and 2196 PHEVs
  • Ford: 9267 - 3044 BEVs and 6223 PHEVs
  • MINI: 9194 - 8962 BEVs and 232 PHEVs
  • Dacia: 8148 BEVs
Edited by notsonice

(edited)

1 hour ago, Jay McKinsey said:

And yet EV sales grew by 72%. 

Personal EV sales plunged by 27% when the special buying incentives were removed, and that is what shows us how the EV market behaves in the UK without the government supports. Going forward, the UK budget is broken and the rest of the EV market will have to survive without subsidies or tax breaks, and then the whole EV business goes down the tubes.

Edited by Ecocharger

Just now, Ecocharger said:

Personal EV sales plunged by 27% when the special buying incentives were removed, and that is what shows us how the EV market behaves in the UK without the government supports. Going forward, the UK budget is broken and the rest of the EV market will have to survive without subsidies or tax breaks, and then the whole EV business goes down the tubes.

HaHa!!! Well the "rest of the EV market will have to survive without subsidies or tax breaks" has done very well with a 72% increase in sales.

2 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

HaHa!!! Well the "rest of the EV market will have to survive without subsidies or tax breaks" has done very well with a 72% increase in sales.

They only survive because the breaks and subsidies are still in place, When they are withdrawn, the meltdown will happen, as it has already happened in the personal EV sector.

(edited)

Hot demand for oil is pushing up oil prices going forward.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/Will-We-See-100-Oil-In-October.html

The majority of analysts expect oil prices to remain high or go even higher

"“The energy stocks will obviously beat because of higher energy costs right now. The world cannot have a disruption in energy right now because the supply-demand imbalance in the world is very fragile,” Louis Navellier, chief investment officer at Navellier & Associates Inc., has said in a note. "

Edited by Ecocharger

(edited)

47 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

They only survive because the breaks and subsidies are still in place, When they are withdrawn, the meltdown will happen, as it has already happened in the personal EV sector.

What you can't understand is that private buyers also increased on an absolute basis. Your info only shows that company buyers grew faster.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

(edited)

3 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

Hot demand for oil is pushing up oil prices going forward.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/Will-We-See-100-Oil-In-October.html

The majority of analysts expect oil prices to remain high or go even higher

"“The energy stocks will obviously beat because of higher energy costs right now. The world cannot have a disruption in energy right now because the supply-demand imbalance in the world is very fragile,” Louis Navellier, chief investment officer at Navellier & Associates Inc., has said in a note. "

hot demand from your beloved China????

Ecochump what do you say

Peak Oil already happened and all you are hoping for is a dead cat bounce????

Rising oil demand??????

ha ha ha think again

enjoy the boom in EV sales

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/China-Prepares-For-Peak-Oil-Demand.html

the head of CNOOC went further, suggesting that oil demand in China may have already peaked this year. This is, of course, only a suggestion based on the expected slowdown in demand during the second half of the year, but it does indicate that the industry is preparing for the peak.

Everyone forecasting peak oil demand for China attributes it to rising EV sales, which accounted for 37% of all new car sales in August. That was up from 28% for the first five months of the year, and that, in turn, was up from 21% for the first five months of 2022.

Clearly, EV sales are on the rise and may well continue on this trajectory, undermining demand for crude oil. This, in turn, would undermine global demand for crude, which for years has been seen as driven by China as the biggest importer of the commodity.

Edited by notsonice

(edited)

My opinion (if that really matters to some here), is...

With increasing fuel pricing anticipated in the future, more-and-more new AND used car customers will  begin (or increase their interest)  to seriously consider switching over to alternate fueling, a perceived MUCH MORE stably priced "fuel" to hedge future operating cost.

For those that may not fully comprehend my statement (particularly those whose English is not a first language and might use AI to attempt to comprehend my statement), I classify in the next sentence,

Electricity pricing is recognized as currently MUCH more stable than anything made from crude (even the VERY small fraction electricity made from crude).

And once they test-drive an EV, they are gonna be IMPRESSED! 

I WAS!

If that customer/"family" needs are more than one vehicle, used by the "family" (that can be a MUCH larger recognition of "relationships" to some here), the next vehicle purchase is somewhat favorable for an electric vehicle.   Of course, there are those "families" have other needs that will not be served by EV's currently available.  That includes a whole bunch'a the AG equipment market.  

If there gonna be much advancement in availability of heaver-duty vehicles and vessels, THAT'S gonna take a significant advancement in storage technology, years away, IMO. 

Electric motors have SIGNIFICANT advantages over combustion engines of ANY type.  PERIOD!  Diesel electric locomotives are, by far, the finest example of proof over the alternate of any fossil-fueled with direct-to-propulsion engine system.  I gotta give Nikola Tesla a smidgen of credit for "making that happen".

It is quite possible that such storage tech may occur in the next five-ten years, potentially requiring not much more than implementing the "inventing and mass-manufacturing of the electric start" on the automotive market. Storage improvements continue to appear on the horizon every week or so.  One of them is gonna make it.

Gonna make it REALLY BIG!  I really desire that it happens in the USA, rather than China. 

An investment opportunity, with either "player"?

Now, ELECTRIC AVIATION?  That's gonna take an HUGE leap in storage tech!  Finding/developing technology an order of magnitude greater than that had been be developed and successfully implemented into the "heavy duty vehicle/vessel" market. Sure, you can point out a light 2-passenger aircraft that will fly, slowly, for 15 +/- minutes at a time. And seriously cannot afford!

Duh.

So, in my view, it is passenger (and a few light trucks) vehicles that are going to be attractive FIRST, given the current storage tech.   Will it reach a high level of market penetration for new (and used) vehicles.?  AT LEAST 50% until the switchover slows as realistically, I cannot see any end to petrol-fueled vehicles.  I gotta give credit to Elon Musk for being the very first to recognize the order of electric vehicle adoption, and then "roll the dice" on that gamble. 

(Of course, it really helps when your rich to start with).

Then, it's the "heavy duty" market that goes trough a similar transition.

Then, it's AVIATION.

Who really knows what time is gonna take to achieve advancement to "other markets"?  It's EVENTUALLY gonna happen  This sounds like a solid investment path today for the right people who are really connected. 

Of course, you might ask "Where is all of the watt-hours gonna come from to supply these eventual demands"?

Right now, it is EASY for the grid to meet demand, particularly with the penetration of recent renewable generation sources.  The growth of renewables (probably dominated by solar PV's) will continue to increase, somewhat in lock-step with EV penetration.

Will wide-spread rolling blackouts occur in the future, particularly in difficult-to-serve areas in peak-use hours?  Probably.  A little bit more frequently at first, (large enough to make nation-wide news once a or twice a year) until EV charging is made REALLY expensive during peak hours.  I'm talking at least an order of magnitude higher pricing than off-peak.  That market is REALLY simple to accomplish (and be accepted by most voters) too! 

Of course, some base-load and dispatch-able variable load support is gonna be required far into the future (like, FOREVER). How those sources are formed and fueled will shift with time.

Then realize that, perhaps, just more than 0% probability, that It is possible that BATTERIES will eventually become the base load and variable load supply! 

Enough said.

Feel to critique me for what I have presented. I covenant that I will make use of it to improve.

...or I might even deserve it!

Edited by turbguy
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

What you can't understand is that private buyers also increased on an absolute basis. Your info only shows that company buyers grew faster.

No, it shows that private demand actually FELL 27% after the withdrawal of consumer incentives provided by government.

(edited)

1 hour ago, turbguy said:

With increasing fuel pricing anticipated in the future, more-and-more new AND used car customers will  begin (or increase their interest)  to seriously consider switching over to alternate fueling, a perceived MUCH MORE stably priced "fuel" to hedge future operating cost.

For those that may not fully comprehend my statement (particularly those whose English is not a first language and might use AI to attempt to comprehend my statement), I classify in the next sentence,

Electricity pricing is recognized as currently MUCH more stable than anything made from crude (even the VERY small fraction electricity made from crude).

I WAS!

If that customer/"family" needs are more than one vehicle, used by the "family" (that can be a MUCH larger recognition of "relationships" to some here), the next vehicle purchase is somewhat favorable for an electric vehicle.   Of course, there are those "families" have other needs that will not be served by EV's currently available.  That includes a whole bunch'a the AG equipment market.  

If there gonna be much advancement in availability of heaver-duty vehicles and vessels, THAT'S gonna take a significant advancement in storage technology, years away, IMO. 

Electric motors have SIGNIFICANT advantages over combustion engines of ANY type.  PERIOD!  Diesel electric locomotives are, by far, the finest example of proof over the alternate of any fossil-fueled with direct-to-propulsion engine system.  I gotta give Nikola Tesla a smidgen of credit for "making that happen".

It is quite possible that such storage tech may occur in the next five-ten years, potentially requiring not much more than implementing the "inventing and mass-manufacturing of the electric start" on the automotive market. Storage improvements continue to appear on the horizon every week or so.  One of them is gonna make it.

Gonna make it REALLY BIG!  I really desire that it happens in the USA, rather than China. 

Now, ELECTRIC AVIATION?  That's gonna take an HUGE leap in storage tech!  Finding/developing technology an order of magnitude greater than that had been be developed and successfully implemented into the "heavy duty vehicle/vessel" market. Sure, you can point out a light 2-passenger aircraft that will fly, slowly, for 15 +/- minutes at a time. And seriously cannot afford!

Duh.

So, in my view, it is passenger (and a few light trucks) vehicles that are going to be attractive FIRST, given the current storage tech.   Will it reach a high level of market penetration for new (and used) vehicles.?  AT LEAST 50% until the switchover slows as realistically, I cannot see any end to petrol-fueled vehicles.  I gotta give credit to Elon Musk for being the very first to recognize the order of electric vehicle adoption, and then "roll the dice" on that gamble. 

Then, it's AVIATION.

Who really knows what time is gonna take to achieve advancement to "other markets"?  It's EVENTUALLY gonna happen  This sounds like a solid investment path today for the right people who are really connected. 

Of course, you might ask "Where is all of the watt-hours gonna come from to supply these eventual demands"?

Right now, it is EASY for the grid to meet demand, particularly with the penetration of recent renewable generation sources.  The growth of renewables (probably dominated by solar PV's) will continue to increase, somewhat in lock-step with EV penetration.

Will wide-spread rolling blackouts occur in the future, particularly in difficult-to-serve areas in peak-use hours?  Probably.  A little bit more frequently at first, (large enough to make nation-wide news once a or twice a year) until EV charging is made REALLY expensive during peak hours.  I'm talking at least an order of magnitude higher pricing than off-peak.  That market is REALLY simple to accomplish (and be accepted by most voters) too! 

Of course, some base-load and dispatch-able variable load support is gonna be required far into the future (like, FOREVER). How those sources are formed and fueled will shift with time.

Then realize that, perhaps, just more than 0% probability, that It is possible that BATTERIES will eventually become the base load and variable load supply! 

Enough said.

Feel to critique me for what I have presented. I covenant that I will make use of it to improve.

The problem is with the distribution of personal incomes. Most middle and low income families cannot afford the electrical upgrades necessary to accommodate EVs in their personal property. That limits the potential market, and we are seeing now that the potential market size may have already been satiated with the buildup of unsold EV inventories on sales lots.

Further, the UK has just experienced a 27% decline in personal EV sales as soon as government consumer incentives were eliminated, forced by the UK budget constraints. That will surely be the case elsewhere.

In other words, EVs will continue to occupy a niche market with stiff barriers to widespread penetration of the personal vehicle market.

You should address your thesis to Jay, who seems to have some doubts about the wisdom of purchasing an EV.

Edited by Ecocharger

(edited)

Here is the problem with electrical energy....unreliability, Even hydro electricity is unreliable.

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=60522

"Weather events in the U.S. Northwest this past spring and summer led to lower water supply, prompting us to reduce our forecast of U.S. hydropower generation by 6% this year compared with last year."

Edited by Ecocharger

30 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Most middle and low income families cannot afford the electrical upgrades necessary to accommodate EVs in their personal property.

How much do you think it costs to install a charger?

(edited)

33 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Here is the problem with electrical energy....unreliability

ICE cars break down plenty.

Don't you find it funny that ICE cars rely on a battery and a electric motor to start?  Annoyed that I just had to replace the battery on our beater winter car.

Edited by TailingsPond

1 hour ago, Ecocharger said:

Here is the problem with electrical energy....unreliability, Even hydro electricity is unreliable.

"Weather events in the U.S. Northwest this past spring and summer led to lower water supply, prompting us to reduce our forecast of U.S. hydropower generation by 6% this year compared with last year."

What abyss do you live in?? Here in the Bay Area electricity has an uptime of at least four 9s and few gas stations in the whole country have backup power so no gas when the power does go out.

Everyone can see your desperation to defend your failing argument.

2 hours ago, turbguy said:

I WAS!

Duh.

Then, it's AVIATION.

Enough said.

The peak hours you speak of are just as everyone is coming home and it is super simple to program your car to not start charging until after peak hours. Plus it is going to be common for cars to be able to sell electricity to the market. Most drivers travel less than 50 miles in a day which means their car is mostly charged when they get home. They will be able to sell electricity from 5 to 9pm and then buy electricity from midnight to 6am. So there won't be rolling blackouts.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

10 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

You feel that 99.9996% reliability (average USA) isn't good enough.

I would agree there's always room for improvement.

There's just not much more "room" to do so.

The largest action to be taken by the Electric Grid to improve that "number", would be to place all distribution systems underground.

That action ain't gonna happen with the current financing available.

Edited by turbguy

On 9/22/2023 at 4:51 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

That's the thing to do, run away and hide from the real information that tells the truth you don't want to hear, just like ECO and Eyes Shut. 

Here is a good one for you. UK car exports to the EU have fallen by over 50% since Brexit. Are you going to also call this a lie?

image.png.0f5d3862b4900325185f6d2ebd841838.png

UK auto production since Brexit has fallen by over 50%, is this also a lie?

image.png.e209f9ca3b9cad49fcd17768783ca961.png

You stated that Brexit was a disaster even though the UK had the best growth in the G7 in 2022, I refuted your statement as OTT. Yes there was an initial decline but its now on par with other EU nations which I have proven.

You have to be the most argumentative person on here.

(edited)

17 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

You stated that Brexit was a disaster even though the UK had the best growth in the G7 in 2022, I refuted your statement as OTT. Yes there was an initial decline but its now on par with other EU nations which I have proven.

You have to be the most argumentative person on here.

You mean the person most dedicated to the facts and reality. 

Brexit was the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union at 23:00 GMT on 31 January 2020. 

The UK is the only G7 country to have negative growth since then, Brexit is a disaster and no the UK is not on par with the G7:

image.png.bfbb2ba261009aff805c1f9adb07861d.png

https://www.oecd.org/newsroom/gdp-growth-second-quarter-2023-oecd.htm#:~:text=In the G7%2C quarter-on,%%2C compared with 0.1%).

Edited by Jay McKinsey

4 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

You mean the person most dedicated to the facts and reality. 

Brexit was the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union at 23:00 GMT on 31 January 2020. 

The UK is the only G7 country to have negative growth since then, Brexit is a disaster and no the UK is not on par with the G7:

image.png.bfbb2ba261009aff805c1f9adb07861d.png

https://www.oecd.org/newsroom/gdp-growth-second-quarter-2023-oecd.htm#:~:text=In the G7%2C quarter-on,%%2C compared with 0.1%).

Sigh!

Again you select data that fits your narrative. What I stated is also factual, we can go round the houses on this forever if you want, but Ive got better things to do.