JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

TailingsPond, for the record I rent, and have never owned a condo or house.  I am the exception for renters. At least for the last several years I have made more money investing money that could have been used to buy a condo or house, further, you can't eat a house or condo unless you sell it, and rent or move away to a cheaper location.

• Upvote 1

I speak the truth.  Why you ask?  Because I am a prophet of God, my queen AOC!

"So, PAY to INSTALL the home charger".  You are smoking crack.  My Landlord own 40 complexes.   My complex has 500 people in it.   That said, why would I do that.  Dude you need a reality check. The world and business does not revolve around your reality.  It is obvious you have had too much money for a long time and your reality is bent.  Why would I help my landlord, I think all landlords should be crucified, even small ones (For entertainment purposes). 

• Haha 1

(edited)

9 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Eco I linked the article ffs

In the article it says it will be 3-4 years before these are in production so not too sure what your point is?

What it means is that people like myself with range anxiety and an unwillingness to wait an hour to recharge will have those concerns removed.

This is a massive difference to most people and will naturally hugely increase the uptake of EV's. If you cant see that then theres no hope for you.

There no stopping technology Eco! The world turns!

No, actually they have some barriers which might not be possible to overcome, so do not hold your breath. They are trying to spin this in a positive way,

"...challenges remain on the manufacturing side, with solid-state batteries posing difficulties with the assembly process, with cathode and anode cells needing to be precisely and quickly stacked, Toyota has said.""

Edited by Ecocharger

45 minutes ago, bloodman33 said:

"So, PAY to INSTALL the home charger".  You are smoking crack.  My Landlord own 40 complexes.   My complex has 500 people in it.   That said, why would I do that.  Dude you need a reality check. The world and business does not revolve around your reality.  It is obvious you have had too much money for a long time and your reality is bent.  Why would I help my landlord, I think all landlords should be crucified, even small ones (For entertainment purposes). 

If you can't pay to install a charger at a mere ~$1000 or so, which YOU use and no one else, you cannot afford an EV or a car at all.  

And wow, way to prove you are trash for the rest of your post and why anyone with a long term history of renting, I never accept as a tenant.  You are why scumlord apartments exist where you know 1/4 of tenants will not pay, government will help them STEAL from you, and the topper is they do nothing but bitch. 

You are Why when I ran an apartment complex had several apartments that had wall to wall TILE, commercial steel doors, and said tile goes 4 feet up the wall and no refrigerator.   Handicapped people like them as well and actually turned more of them into such "apartments" though not truly for handicapped as bathrooms and associate plumbing/walls hard to move. 

Holy cow just remembering my time managing an apartment complex on the side along with my engineering job gives me the shudders.  Much better money than managing houses though.  But dealing with all the humanity who actively don't do a damned thing to help themselves(you) and annoy you by eternally bitching ... ugg. 

• Haha 1

footeab: "If you can't pay to install a charger at a mere ~$1000 or so, which YOU use and no one else, you cannot afford an EV or a car at all."    Blah ha ha ha ha!  Dude you are a clueless privileged rich dude.  Go tell that to the 100 million working poor who rent and have to drive a juck car to work  Again no large landlord is going to let a tenant do anything, and why should they!!!  I'm am afraid you are an embarrassment to the liberal left and a target for the crazy oil company shills on this board.  Landloard need to be crucified and not subsidized. Do you live in CA?

2 minutes ago, bloodman33 said:

footeab: "If you can't pay to install a charger at a mere ~$1000 or so, which YOU use and no one else, you cannot afford an EV or a car at all."    Blah ha ha ha ha!  Dude you are a clueless privileged rich dude.  Go tell that to the 100 million working poor who rent and have to drive a juck car to work  Again no large landlord is going to let a tenant do anything, and why should they!!!  I'm am afraid you are an embarrassment to the liberal left and a target for the crazy oil company shills on this board.  Landloard need to be crucified and not subsidized. Do you live in CA?

foot in the mouth is a Trumper

footab, I have concluded you have to be just messing with me.....I hope.

(edited)

19 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

Then why are EV sales stalling in both America and the UK? Buyer interest in EVs has declined according to the recent polls.

When you write about oil production you state things like "growth is growth" despite of the obvious production curtailment a.k.a. cuts.   

When you write about EV's a slight reduction in the rate of growth is a "stall, death, or decline." Laughable.

Do you understand simple calculus (as an economist would)?  Oil currently has a tiny positive derivative, EV's have a massive positive derivative. 

Now if you want to talk second derivatives (the rate of change of the rate of change) you could argue that EV's are no longer growing as exponentially (more correctly algebraically) as they were, but overall EV growth rate remains huge.

Edited by TailingsPond
  • Like 1

(edited)

5 hours ago, bloodman33 said:

TailingsPond, for the record I rent, and have never owned a condo or house.  I am the exception for renters. At least for the last several years I have made more money investing money that could have been used to buy a condo or house, further, you can't eat a house or condo unless you sell it, and rent or move away to a cheaper location.

Good for you.  There are plenty of downsides of ownership.  Many financial experts do not advise purchasing houses.

Personally I find appliance replacement very annoying. I pay condo fees and am covered for things like roof replacement, heating, property maintenance etc. but when I had to replace 3 appliances in the span of a year I missed having a landlord.

Edited by TailingsPond

4 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Everyone has claimed "better" batteries... Has not happened.  We have identical Lithium Ion batteries we had in the 1990's.  Nothing has changed my dude. 

You must be kidding.

Just look at cellphones, the phones have become ever more powerful while simultaneously the batteries last longer.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

Demand for oil is hot and getting hotter, set to rise significantly in the next decades.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Global-Fossil-Fuel-Demand-Set-To-Hit-Record-High-In-2024.html

"Global oil demand is set to rise by 2.4 million barrels per day (bpd) to a new record-high this year and by another 2.2 million bpd next year amid an improving Chinese economy, OPEC said in its latest monthly report earlier in October, leaving its demand forecast for both 2023 and 2024 unchanged, despite fears of slowing economies and demand destruction. World oil demand is set to reach a record average of 102.1 million bpd in 2023, driven by a 2.3-million-bpd demand increase in the non-OECD region, OPEC noted. 

Coal demand globally is also expected to remain at record-high levels this year, said none other than the International Energy Agency (IEA) earlier this year."

Edited by Ecocharger

(edited)

1 hour ago, TailingsPond said:

When you write about oil production you state things like "growth is growth" despite of the obvious production curtailment a.k.a. cuts.   

When you write about EV's a slight reduction in the rate of growth is a "stall, death, or decline." Laughable.

Do you understand simple calculus (as an economist would)?  Oil currently has a tiny positive derivative, EV's have a massive positive derivative. 

Now if you want to talk second derivatives (the rate of change of the rate of change) you could argue that EV's are no longer growing as exponentially (more correctly algebraically) as they were, but overall EV growth rate remains huge.

Growth means increased demand and increased production, so oil industry and coal industry are in a growth phase.

It is not hard to understand that.

Personal EV sales are actually in decline in the UK, not just in terms of reduced growth, but absolute decline.

EVs as a share of the vehicle market in UK are declining relative to fossil fuel cars which have increased their market share of vehicles relative to EVs.

Sorry to be the bearer of sad news for you.

Edited by Ecocharger

50 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Growth means increased demand and increased production, so oil industry and coal industry are in a growth phase.

It is not hard to understand that.

Personal EV sales are actually in decline in the UK, not just in terms of reduced growth, but absolute decline.

EVs as a share of the vehicle market in UK are declining relative to fossil fuel cars which have increased their market share of vehicles relative to EVs.

Sorry to be the bearer of sad news for you.

oil and coal not increasing market share ....................worldwide

notice where oil is heading to ??????

Coal?????

Green transitioning is happening and taking away market share from oil and coal...

and why would anyone in their right mind fight it..........

Taking sunshine and converting it to electricity ......converting wind into electricity  and at the same time taking market share from oil and coal.....Priceless

only a moron would want to keep using coal and and oil  when there is a better cost effective alternative today......solar and wind

Energy consumption by source - Our World in Data

11 hours ago, bloodman33 said:

I have lived in a trailer most of my life, and a 500sq ft. "house" and raised my kids here all of whom are now married, saving $$$ to buy a home I can rent out and make $$$.  Its called not being an arrogant asswipe who thinks they are superior and deserve other peoples shit for free --> YOU

Want to be rich?  Get another job, live with roomates.  Stop posting BullShit online, work instead.  Stop LYING to yourself.  Look at all the jobs no one wants to do and do them as there is lots of $$$ there for anyone with a brain instead an ego which cannot  fit through a door. 

YOU are the problem, not a landlord. 

16 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

So, PAY to INSTALL the home charger.  Be proactive.  Your Landlord will gladly let you do it.  A happy long term tenant is wonderful.  As a landlord, I have openly told our tenant if they want an EV charger, no problem... You pay for it, I'll pay the permit fees. 

Put mouth and wallet in same zipcode

Now big apartment complexes?  Yes, this is a BIG ass problem, as it equals a COMPLETE removal and replacement of their electrical system as apartment complexes will have ~60Amp-->75Amp service per unit and all those units are SHARED on the main service which will be minimized by power company and smallest Transformer.  To install a charger they would most likely have to run an entirely NEW service JUST for the charger network at every parking spot.  And pavement is near ubiquitous and due to handicap laws you cannot have charge cords blocking the way = horrifically expensive to upgrade.  Lord Tesla will gladly accept your profit donation to charge elsewhere. 

Dont disagree that its a problem in the US currently.

In the UK we have on road parking which I presume they have in the US??

In many London boroughs and other cities in the UK where they have ULEZ (ultra low emission zones) they are fitting ordinary lamposts with plug in chargers for people who live in flats and havent got parking by their property. There is always a solution if you think laterally.

You'll notice in the link that this company is owned by SHELL they arent slow to make a few pennies.

https://ubitricity.com/en/charging-solutions/ac-lamppost/

15 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

No, actually they have some barriers which might not be possible to overcome, so do not hold your breath. They are trying to spin this in a positive way,

"...challenges remain on the manufacturing side, with solid-state batteries posing difficulties with the assembly process, with cathode and anode cells needing to be precisely and quickly stacked, Toyota has said.""

Robotics is the answer to the above problem stacked precisely and efficiently!

(edited)

Across almost every sector Green Energy is failing. And it only now getting the press it has so blatantly deserves.

Profit At China’s Top Wind Firm Slumps 98%

By Charles Kennedy - Oct 26, 2023, 9:30 AM CDT

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Profit-At-Chinas-Top-Wind-Firm-Slumps-98-As-Headwinds-Abound.html

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Haha 1

(edited)

42 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Across almost every sector Green Energy is failing. And it only now getting the press it has so blatantly deserves.

By Charles Kennedy - Oct 26, 2023, 9:30 AM CDT

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Profit-At-Chinas-Top-Wind-Firm-Slumps-98-As-Headwinds-Abound.html

You consider oilprice.com as part of "the press?"  :) Hard-hitting investigative journalists?

Furthermore. if you read the start of his article it states:

"While investments in renewable energy projects in China are booming, intensified competition has led to a race to the bottom for wind turbine prices—a race that has dented profits at the biggest Chinese manufacturer."

Read that twice so you might understand.  "Booming" is the opposite of "failing."

Pretty common to sacrifice early profits in order to control market share.  Bankrupt the small start-ups.

Edited by TailingsPond
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Robotics is the answer to the above problem stacked precisely and efficiently!

If they had a solution it would not take the projected five years to solve the problem....something does not add up there.

(edited)

2 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

You consider oilprice.com as part of "the press?"  :) Hard-hitting investigative journalists?

Furthermore. if you read the start of his article it states:

"While investments in renewable energy projects in China are booming, intensified competition has led to a race to the bottom for wind turbine prices—a race that has dented profits at the biggest Chinese manufacturer."

Read that twice so you might understand.  "Booming" is the opposite of "failing."

Pretty common to sacrifice early profits in order to control market share.  Bankrupt the small start-ups.

Wind power is collapsing due to lack of interest.

https://investors.solaredge.com/news-releases/news-release-details/solaredge-announces-preliminary-financial-results-will-announce

"“During the second part of the third quarter of 2023, we experienced substantial unexpected cancellations and pushouts of existing backlog from our European distributors,” said Zvi Lando, Chief Executive Officer of SolarEdge. “We attribute these cancellations and pushouts to higher than expected inventory in the channels and slower than expected installation rates. In particular, installation rates for the third quarter were much slower at the end of the summer and in September where traditionally there is a rise in installation rates.”

As a result, third quarter revenue, gross margin and operating income will be below the low end of the prior guidance range. Additionally, the Company anticipates significantly lower revenues in the fourth quarter of 2023 as the inventory destocking process continues.

“The adjusted guidance is unrelated to the tragic events that have unfolded in Israel. While there has been some impact on daily routines at our headquarters, our offices and facilities are open worldwide, including in Israel, and we are manufacturing and providing customer support without interruption,” added Lando.

Third quarter revenue is now expected to be in the range of $720 million to $730 million, compared to the previous expectation of $880 million to $920 million.

GAAP gross margin is now expected to be within the range of 19% to 20%.

Non-GAAP gross margin* is now expected to be within the range of 20.1% to 21.1%, compared to the previous expectation of 28% to 31%.

GAAP operating loss is now expected to be within the range of $9 million to $28 million.

Non-GAAP operating income* is now expected to be within the range of $12 million to $31 million, compared to the previous expectation of $115 million to $135 million."

Edited by Ecocharger

(edited)

1 hour ago, Ecocharger said:

Wind power is collapsing due to lack of interest.

https://investors.solaredge.com/news-releases/news-release-details/solaredge-announces-preliminary-financial-results-will-announce

"“During the second part of the third quarter of 2023, we experienced substantial unexpected cancellations and pushouts of existing backlog from our European distributors,” said Zvi Lando, Chief Executive Officer of SolarEdge. “We attribute these cancellations and pushouts to higher than expected inventory in the channels and slower than expected installation rates. In particular, installation rates for the third quarter were much slower at the end of the summer and in September where traditionally there is a rise in installation rates.”

As a result, third quarter revenue, gross margin and operating income will be below the low end of the prior guidance range. Additionally, the Company anticipates significantly lower revenues in the fourth quarter of 2023 as the inventory destocking process continues.

“The adjusted guidance is unrelated to the tragic events that have unfolded in Israel. While there has been some impact on daily routines at our headquarters, our offices and facilities are open worldwide, including in Israel, and we are manufacturing and providing customer support without interruption,” added Lando.

Third quarter revenue is now expected to be in the range of $720 million to $730 million, compared to the previous expectation of $880 million to $920 million.

GAAP gross margin is now expected to be within the range of 19% to 20%.

Non-GAAP gross margin* is now expected to be within the range of 20.1% to 21.1%, compared to the previous expectation of 28% to 31%.

GAAP operating loss is now expected to be within the range of $9 million to $28 million.

Non-GAAP operating income* is now expected to be within the range of $12 million to $31 million, compared to the previous expectation of $115 million to $135 million."

Luddite

Solaredge is mostly a consulting company and it also makes High Density Lithium Ion battery packs

you stated.....Wind power is collapsing due to lack of interest.

Solaredge has nothing to do with wind

their products are

SolarEdge portfolio of energy storage solutions includes battery cells, modules, racks and containerized systems.

the market is moving to lower density LFP batteries

Wind power is collapsing due to lack of interest.??????? you lost it dude

Edited by notsonice

(edited)

Plastics are valuable sources for marketable products.

It is time to terminate the verbal pollution regarding plastics and embrace the value of fossil fuels.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Plastic-Waste-Becomes-Clean-Hydrogen-Goldmine.html

"A technique called flash joule heating at Rice University can convert plastic waste, even unsorted and unwashed, into clean hydrogen and valuable graphene.

If sold at just 5% of its market value, the graphene produced could make the hydrogen essentially free, provided the process is powered by renewable energies.

While green hydrogen offers significant potential for decarbonization, especially in high-heat industrial applications, its production requires vast amounts of clean energy, necessitating a balanced approach to its adoption."

Edited by Ecocharger