JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

(edited)

4 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Quote to what you dumbass? My quote was about my personal experience.  And I passed econometrics with an A. That has nothing to do with graduate work. You are the one who is still too cowardly to tell us about where you supposedly got an econ degree.

Well, thank you for finally revealing that you took an Econometrics course. Took you long enough. I have not seen any evidence of it in your posts, but perhaps that will emerge later.

You do not have a source for that Chinese coal article above? I guess it is not a good source, right? 

Edited by Ecocharger

1 minute ago, Ecocharger said:

Well, thank you for finally revealing that you took an Econometrics course. Took you long enough. I have not seen any evidence of it in your posts, but perhaps that will emerge later.

You do not have a source for that Chinese coal article above? I guess it is not a good source, right?

Oh it has been all over my posts proving you wrong and I have said it many times. What we don't have is a single claim of where your econ education might have occurred. You are clearly just too embarrassed by it.

So if you were competent you would select a chunk of the text article and search for it. That would take you directly to it. Are you so incompetent that you can't do that? 

I have to do that all the time to realize that your quotes are not in the articles you claim they come from and in fact do not exist.

Just now, Jay McKinsey said:

Oh it has been all over my posts proving you wrong and I have said it many times. What we don't have is a single claim of where your econ education might have occurred. You are clearly just too embarrassed by it.

So if you were competent you would select a chunk of the text article and search for it. That would take you directly to it. Are you so incompetent that you can't do that? 

I have to do that all the time to realize that your quotes are not in the articles you claim they come from and in fact do not exist.

I studied economics at a renowned department and with economists of renown. And took a grad course in Econometrics with a well-known expert in that field, getting an A. That is all you need to know.

What I see from you is mostly meaningless blurbs and a reluctance to identify sources. Not impressed. You should identify your source so that readers do not have to go into browsing to locate it. 

(edited)

24 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

I studied economics at a renowned department and with economists of renown. And took a grad course in Econometrics with a well-known expert in that field, getting an A. That is all you need to know.

What I see from you is mostly meaningless blurbs and a reluctance to identify sources. Not impressed. You should identify your source so that readers do not have to go into browsing to locate it. 

And you are still too embarrassed to say who they were. No other proud college graduate in the history of the world refuses to say where they studied or who they studied under. Challenge to you, name one prominent economist who does not say where he went to school or whom he studied under?

I'm not the one who repeatedly posts quotes that I have to analyze to find they do not exist in the citation. 

Edited by Jay McKinsey

(edited)

2 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

And you are still too embarrassed to say who they were. No other proud college graduate in the history of the world refuses to say where they studied or who they studied under. Challenge to you, name one prominent economist who does not say where he went to school or whom he studied under?

I'm not the one who repeatedly posts quotes that I have to analyze to find they do not exist in the citation. 

It is up to you to show us some knowledge of econometrics, which I have not seen from you. I will give you some more time.

And provide your sources, otherwise it looks like you are ashamed of them.

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, Jay McKinsey said:

And this year is about to be found the hotest in recorded history.

image.thumb.png.6a9b4e8a04383caa48dd74ac708a2b4a.png

We will see, right now it looks like global warming is giving us a special time in Europe.

https://www.severe-weather.eu/long-range-2/snowfall-predictions-winter-2023-2024-significant-monthly-changes-united-states-canada-europe-fa/

"Meteorological winter begins on December 1st in the Northern Hemisphere and lasts three months, ending on the last day of February."

Edited by Ecocharger

7 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

We will see, right now it looks like global warming is giving us a special time in Europe.

https://www.severe-weather.eu/long-range-2/snowfall-predictions-winter-2023-2024-significant-monthly-changes-united-states-canada-europe-fa/

"Meteorological winter begins on December 1st in the Northern Hemisphere and lasts three months, ending on the last day of February."

Doesn't change the annual average which is set to be the highest ever.

(edited)

7 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

It is up to you to show us some knowledge of econometrics, which I have not seen from you. I will give you some more time.

And provide your sources, otherwise it looks like you are ashamed of them.

It is up to you to show that you are not incompetent at locating data on the Internet.

Oh and you never bothered to show the correct links for the several quotes I notified you about that were not in the articles you cited. 

Edited by Jay McKinsey

Does Coal Have a Future in Power Generation? | OilPrice.com

This sums up the coal argument fairly well. China and India are building coal fired plants at break-neck speed. 100 in 2023 for China. That equates to 2 a week................ have quintupled from 200,000MW to 1Million MW. 

Just because US and Europe slowed down (mainly replaced with NG) fired plants don't expect all nations to do the same. 

(edited)

2 minutes ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

Does Coal Have a Future in Power Generation? | OilPrice.com

This sums up the coal argument fairly well. China and India are building coal fired plants at break-neck speed. 100 in 2023 for China. That equates to 2 a week................ have quintupled from 200,000MW to 1Million MW. 

Just because US and Europe slowed down (mainly replaced with NG) fired plants don't expect all nations to do the same. 

It does not mean that they are not shutting down the old ones or that they are using the new ones at full capacity. The Chinese love to build empty cities as well, surely you know that. An empty city includes an empty power plant.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

1 minute ago, Jay McKinsey said:

It does not mean that they are not shutting down the old ones or that they are using the new ones at full capacity. The Chinese love to build empty cities as well, surely you know that.

You are in denial, they are producing now 1 million megawatt, up from 200k. Not just China, India and alot of southeast Asian countries are building new COAL fired power. Not replacing, adding too as look at the population increase in that part of the world. China and India have 2/3rds the worlds population....need lots of electricity!!! Basic economics. Cheap electricity from coal, and more stable than solar and wind. 

For the record, I am not for or against coal. All forms of energy that are inexpensive is most important. 

(edited)

9 minutes ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

You are in denial, they are producing now 1 million megawatt, up from 200k. Not just China, India and alot of southeast Asian countries are building new COAL fired power. Not replacing, adding too as look at the population increase in that part of the world. China and India have 2/3rds the worlds population....need lots of electricity!!! Basic economics. Cheap electricity from coal, and more stable than solar and wind. 

For the record, I am not for or against coal. All forms of energy that are inexpensive is most important. 

If you had a clue you would know that the Chinese population and economy are decreasing. Both lead to a decrease in electricity demand. Basic economics.

image.png.0a90edf54866eb18704d1847de18731d.png

So they are only using half of their capacity.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

7 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

If you had a clue you would know that the Chinese population and economy are decreasing. Both lead to a decrease in electricity demand. Basic economics.

image.png.0a90edf54866eb18704d1847de18731d.png

Oh i do have a clue, Chinese population has decreased while other nations population is booming. They breed like rabbits. The economy in China has slowed because the West and Europe's economies are shrinking. In 2 years it'll reverse. 

2 hours ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

This sums up the coal argument fairly well. China and India are building coal fired plants at break-neck speed.

Perhaps.  Then the question becomes do you want to emulate them or not?

Do you think China and India have good air quality?

Aim higher, lead by example.

(edited)

6 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Doesn't change the annual average which is set to be the highest ever.

We will see.

Edited by Ecocharger

5 hours ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

Oh i do have a clue, Chinese population has decreased while other nations population is booming. They breed like rabbits. The economy in China has slowed because the West and Europe's economies are shrinking. In 2 years it'll reverse. 

Nope, not what is happening. India's population growth is falling fast:

image.png.a159aa7f9b0e0a7eccfa80bff1f75df1.png

Vietnam Thailand Malaysia and Indonesia are decreasing just as fast

image.png.8521965b747f3fb86e443b4d18195f36.png

image.png.d96940ee25d5ed0a7f3ecc054a422a7c.png

South Korea and Japan are shrinking fast

image.png.bed343b88189b305ea81bd7d8ab3a394.png

Maybe now you have a clue. 

The Chinese economy has slowed because it is a Ponzi scheme and other economies are booming and replacing it. Companies are leaving and going to SE Asia, Mexico and the US.

image.png.72eaa0e4409c1e342bba64213e73a509.png

image.png.6989505a38531075102ac5e2a2160ecf.png

image.png.976fd948b7905d89e7d82b0446ebdd68.png

6 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

It does not mean that they are not shutting down the old ones or that they are using the new ones at full capacity. The Chinese love to build empty cities as well, surely you know that. An empty city includes an empty power plant.

And fields covered with unsold EVs.

(edited)

The Green Revolution is failing and failing fast. The economic realities of the necessity of fossil fuels are coming home to roost.

There will soon be nothing more left of the Climate Panic Revolution than a set of bad memories.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Is-the-Global-Energy-Transition-Simply-Too-Expensive.html

"Funding the global energy transition, which is estimated to cost over $100 trillion by 2050, would require 1.3% of projected global GDP.

High interest rates are only making the task more daunting, with the cost of capital potentially putting off those that would fund it."

"In the U.S., carmakers are losing money on EVs because demand is weaker than expected. In Europe, the industry is optimistic, anticipating a surge in EV sales thanks to the launch of many new affordable models. On the other hand, a phase-down of EV subsidies in Germany from January 1st has led to warnings of lower EV sales, and Consumer Reports just came out with a report that found EVs are less reliable than ICE cars. Both could affect the sales outlook.

In offshore wind, as already mentioned, troubles abound. The more expensive form of wind power generation enjoyed several years of significant interest from transition-oriented governments, not least because project developers promised cheap electricity. Now, this is no longer the case. Instead, offshore wind developers are booking billions in impairments, canceling projects, or, as noted, asking for higher prices."

Edited by Ecocharger

4 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

We will see.

Perhaps you aren't aware but the year ends on December 31st.

image.png.6deb1251b7c607ceb4ac9d7cd755f42a.png

2 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Perhaps you aren't aware but the year ends on December 31st.

image.png.6deb1251b7c607ceb4ac9d7cd755f42a.png

We will see.

2 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

The Green Revolution is failing and failing fast. The economic realities of the necessity of fossil fuels are coming home to roost.

There will soon be nothing more left of the Climate Panic Revolution than a set of bad memories.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Is-the-Global-Energy-Transition-Simply-Too-Expensive.html

"Funding the global energy transition, which is estimated to cost over $100 trillion by 2050, would require 1.3% of projected global GDP.

High interest rates are only making the task more daunting, with the cost of capital potentially putting off those that would fund it."

All that investment will be tremendous for the economy. Too bad you don't know anything about economics.

(edited)

6 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

All that investment will be tremendous for the economy. Too bad you don't know anything about economics.

Read the points raised, Jay. The investment will not be there. You must have skipped basic economics I guess.

"In the U.S., carmakers are losing money on EVs because demand is weaker than expected. In Europe, the industry is optimistic, anticipating a surge in EV sales thanks to the launch of many new affordable models. On the other hand, a phase-down of EV subsidies in Germany from January 1st has led to warnings of lower EV sales, and Consumer Reports just came out with a report that found EVs are less reliable than ICE cars. Both could affect the sales outlook.

In offshore wind, as already mentioned, troubles abound. The more expensive form of wind power generation enjoyed several years of significant interest from transition-oriented governments, not least because project developers promised cheap electricity. Now, this is no longer the case. Instead, offshore wind developers are booking billions in impairments, canceling projects, or, as noted, asking for higher prices."

Edited by Ecocharger

Just now, Ecocharger said:

We will see.

See what? It has already happened. The temperature can not decrease enough in December to undo what happened in the first 11 months. You seem to forget that the Southern Hemisphere exists, It is summer there.