JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

46 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

A picture worth a 1000 words? Or trillions of dollars Nations mired in Green Energy utility bills 

Screenshot_20240105-112315.jpg

how many times have you already inserted the $100 ??????

• Haha 2

On 2/23/2024 at 6:28 PM, Ecocharger said:

No one seems to disagree with them...I guess those oil execs are a lot more valuable to the energy future than some people think!  

Best to stay on their good side.

Funny you think those execs do much more than blow hot air.

I fear not pissing off the oil execs, you can "service them" and keep them happy if you wish.  Personally, I would rather annoy them as they do nothing for me, just as they do nothing for you.  The only difference is you love them like a battered wife who won't leave her abusive husband.

On 2/23/2024 at 11:38 PM, notsonice said:

how many times have you already inserted the $100 ??????

He has no money silly.

I wonder how much he scraped together to donate to Trumps campaign.   Supporting trump is essentially the same thing as that machine, but I also don't think eyes shut gave any money to trump either.  No money, and no actual deep down belief it would do any good.

Here is the same story, repeated around the world again and again, the Green machine is running of out gas (excuse the pun), people are voting with their wallets to terminate the nonsensical "transition" which never was and never will be.

Reality is emerging.

https://oilprice.com/Alternative-Energy/Nuclear-Power/Mexicos-President-Has-Failed-to-Deliver-on-Clean-Energy-Promises.htm

"Mexico experienced an 11% increase in greenhouse gas emissions from the energy sector in 2023, reaching a five-year high, largely attributed to a 40% drop in hydropower production and a lackluster performance in wind energy.

President López Obrador's emphasis on fossil fuel production and support for Pemex has hindered clean energy efforts, but with his final term ending soon and recent legal setbacks, there is potential for a shift in energy policy.

The rapid economic growth driven by manufacturing raises concerns about Mexico's carbon footprint and its impact on global climate goals, highlighting the need for diversified and cleaner energy sources."

• Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

59 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Here is the same story, repeated around the world again and again, the Green machine is running of out gas (excuse the pun), people are voting with their wallets to terminate the nonsensical "transition" which never was and never will be.

Reality is emerging.

https://oilprice.com/Alternative-Energy/Nuclear-Power/Mexicos-President-Has-Failed-to-Deliver-on-Clean-Energy-Promises.htm

"Mexico experienced an 11% increase in greenhouse gas emissions from the energy sector in 2023, reaching a five-year high, largely attributed to a 40% drop in hydropower production and a lackluster performance in wind energy.

President López Obrador's emphasis on fossil fuel production and support for Pemex has hindered clean energy efforts, but with his final term ending soon and recent legal setbacks, there is potential for a shift in energy policy.

The rapid economic growth driven by manufacturing raises concerns about Mexico's carbon footprint and its impact on global climate goals, highlighting the need for diversified and cleaner energy sources."

Mexico??? CFE???? one of the most backwards government power producers in the world.....

Corrupt Corrupt Corrupt....lucky the power is even on for more than  a few hours a day

I would not count Mexico as an example of a worldwide leader in Green Energy

Pemex ??? the corrupt Oil company who does not want Green Energy

The Green Machine is not going to wait for Mexico to get its act together...

How much of your power today is Green?????? or did you unplug off the grid as you are unable to deal with the fact your own house is turning Green with renewables

Edited by notsonice
  • Upvote 1

Do we still have fossil fuel apologists? It is because of two reasons: They have ever driven an EV, and they are politically-prejudiced against what they see as liberal energy and economics.

We invested in a PV system and cheap EV eight years ago, and it paid back in three years in gasoline replacement alone.

Do you still pay for electricity and gasoline?

(edited)

3 hours ago, gkam44 said:

Do we still have fossil fuel apologists? It is because of two reasons: They have ever driven an EV, and they are politically-prejudiced against what they see as liberal energy and economics.

We invested in a PV system and cheap EV eight years ago, and it paid back in three years in gasoline replacement alone.

Let us be clear for a moment. From 2004 to 2010 the govt/auto industry collaborated together to create a viable electrified line of autos. Oregon and California were the first 2 states allowed in this program initially. 

By the yr 2011 it had failed miserably, all major mfgs walked away from future development. Only Tesla survived due to the fact they survived on carbon tax credits..billions paid to them by GM&Ford.

Apologize you say...perhaps a debt the environmental activists can never repay the US tax payer. Billions of missing assets...time lost due to extraordinary malfeasance.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

5 hours ago, gkam44 said:

I think that the main problem is that before we use draconian measures to destroy the standard of living for the average American there should be some clear science support for the proposed "transition" away from fossil fuels.

The most recent science which I have seen does not support the notion that anthropogenic CO2 is a significant contributor to climate change. There are too many problems with that theory and the data do not support it. Anthropogenic CO2 is such a tiny component of atmospheric greenhouse gases that the contributary strength it provides to the greenhouse effect is extremely small and insignificant.

That means that the wild campaign against fossil fuels is misdirected.

Furthermore, the lifetime CO2 emissions for the most desirable EVs is calculated to be significantly higher than the equivalent fossil fuel vehicles, so that means that the hysteria against fossil fuel vehicles is again without logical foundation.

You do understand these points?

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Great Response! 2

5 hours ago, gkam44 said:

Dallas TX USA, lots of sun: PV system WITHOUT STEALING from your neighbors...

Average house uses ~1000kWh/month =  ~35kWh/day

Average Driver = 15,000 miles/year (If small car = 0.3kWh/mile) = 1250miles/month = ~400kWh/month ~15kWh/day

Average Radiation January = -4kWh/day * 20% if new panel = 15% over lifetime before replacement = 0.6kWh/day per m^2 of panels.

Total ~1400kWh/month required in one of the sunniest places on Earth that has a large population.  50kWh/day

Area of panels required = 80m^2 * conversion losses = ~85m^2. 

Cost of USED panels = ~$100/m^2-->$150/m^2 = $8500-->$12000 in panels alone. 

Cost of Used 5000W-->8000W Inverter will set you back ~$5000 if you get a GREAT price.  I am talking a REAL inverter charger, not one of the liars which claim the world but you cannot use even half of rated capacity..  All other components will set you back another ~$3000

Cost of installation will set you back another $5000 if you do not do it yourself and $5000 would be a STEAL if anyone would do it that cheaply.  $10,000 or more is far more common for an array this sized. 

Assume Giant battery bank for house and car.  >> 50kWh, if you want it to last has to be greater than 100kWh minimum  @$500/kWh this will set you back another $50,000(TESLA Powerwall costs +++$1000/kWh) so the above numbers would be a STEAL --> AKA you make your own battery and hook it up yourself.))

So, to run your house on Solar WITHOUT STEALING from your neighbors will cost a MINIMUM using USED components and YOU do the labor: UPFRONT around $$70,000-->$$80,000.  

You claim you paid for it in 3 years... Utter Bull Shit you are spending $25,000 in Electricity/Gasoline per year.i

Stop lying, just stop. 

*****And no, just because you do not drive anywhere + you live in perfect weather conditions requiring zero Heating or AC and you live like a hermit in a tiny RV does not make your "payback" in 3 year Bull Shit reality. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

22 minutes ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Dallas TX USA, lots of sun: PV system WITHOUT STEALING from your neighbors...

Average house uses ~1000kWh/month =  ~35kWh/day

Average Driver = 15,000 miles/year (If small car = 0.3kWh/mile) = 1250miles/month = ~400kWh/month ~15kWh/day

Average Radiation January = -4kWh/day * 20% if new panel = 15% over lifetime before replacement = 0.6kWh/day per m^2 of panels.

Total ~1400kWh/month required in one of the sunniest places on Earth that has a large population.  50kWh/day

Area of panels required = 80m^2 * conversion losses = ~85m^2. 

Cost of USED panels = ~$100/m^2-->$150/m^2 = $8500-->$12000 in panels alone. 

Cost of Used 5000W-->8000W Inverter will set you back ~$5000 if you get a GREAT price.  I am talking a REAL inverter charger, not one of the liars which claim the world but you cannot use even half of rated capacity..  All other components will set you back another ~$3000

Cost of installation will set you back another $5000 if you do not do it yourself and $5000 would be a STEAL if anyone would do it that cheaply.  $10,000 or more is far more common for an array this sized. 

Assume Giant battery bank for house and car.  >> 50kWh, if you want it to last has to be greater than 100kWh minimum  @$500/kWh this will set you back another $50,000(TESLA Powerwall costs +++$1000/kWh) so the above numbers would be a STEAL --> AKA you make your own battery and hook it up yourself.))

So, to run your house on Solar WITHOUT STEALING from your neighbors will cost a MINIMUM using USED components and YOU do the labor: UPFRONT around $$70,000-->$$80,000.  

You claim you paid for it in 3 years... Utter Bull Shit you are spending $25,000 in Electricity/Gasoline per year.i

Stop lying, just stop. 

*****And no, just because you do not drive anywhere + you live in perfect weather conditions requiring zero Heating or AC and you live like a hermit in a tiny RV does not make your "payback" in 3 year Bull Shit reality. 

Average Radiation January...????????.love the basis of your calcs.....

as you take the worst month of the year and apply it to the rest of the months  ps January is not a month requiring air conditioning and it is not a typical 35kWh/day average for the US

so how much does your (above ) house need in January????? compared to July

try this one on

Average monthly electricity consumption

Average monthly electricity consumption of the house (kWh). | Download  Scientific Diagram

my bet is the house needs more electricity in July....oh wait when the solar output is 3 times as much as January

how much does your system put out in July????

image.png.f51154783c583d55d1ef526aace88aef.png

oh my see that the output matches the needs

and you are an Engineer?????? you could have fooled me.........Trump U grad???????

Edited by notsonice
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yea yea, I too used to live on a boat during the summer using less than 3kWh per day <-- this is not reality. 

(edited)

48 minutes ago, notsonice said:

Average Radiation January...????????.love the basis of your calcs.....

as you take the worst month of the year and apply it to the rest of the months  ps January is not a month requiring air conditioning and it is not a typical 35kWh/day average for the US

so how much does your (above ) house need in January????? compared to July

try this one on

Average monthly electricity consumption

Average monthly electricity consumption of the house (kWh). | Download  Scientific Diagram

my bet is the house needs more electricity in July....oh wait when the solar output is 3 times as much as January

how much does your system put out in July????

image.png.f51154783c583d55d1ef526aace88aef.png

oh my see that the output matches the needs

and you are an Engineer?????? you could have fooled me.........Trump U grad???????

Editing opening insult: sorry

Driving distance does not go down in the winter last I checked.... Last I checked I did the system using a SMALL SINGLE car.... What household do you know of that only has 1 car???  I do not know of a single household that only has one car.  NOT ONE unless they are at deaths door or very young and VERY poor(I have been there and done that... not fun).  So, add another 500kWh/month required for a SMALL/medium car.  Gosh Golly Gee, do you see everyone running around in little sedan TESLAs? NO. SUV's are going to be 0.35kWh/mile or greater, not 0.25--0.3kWh/mile.  No, TESLA does not sell an SUV sized car no matter what they claim and besides it is $100,000 so... uh who is going to buy that?

Are you too damned LAZY to look up DALLAS stats?  You know one of the SUNNIEST places in the USA?  Does your system not have to work during the winter?  Mine does. AND it MUST work with OLD USED components that do not need to be replaced every 5 years as all of a sudden you do not have enough power.  I used Average apartment/house numbers in Dallas Texas and AVERAGES for the year.  More sun/more power required in summer(no one cares, solar doubles).  Yes, you need heating in Winter in Texas and I am assuming you use your HVAC as heater in winter for those numbers.  Last I checked there are things called storms which drop the numbers even further for DAYS.  Yes, even in Texas... 🤡  

Sure, if you have a small SUPER insulated house(R70 with a perfectly sealed house), you can drop that 1000kWh/month down to 500kWh/month (See Matt Risingers house numbers which has posted on Youtube who does general contractor construction for a living and yes he has kids and not a retired hermit), but your house will cost an extra $100,000 in up front costs.  And yes, he has more than one car which means his "super insulated house" will equal my numbers above with only 1, uh hem, 1 SEDAN car!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAKE UP!

Edited by footeab@yahoo.com
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

23 minutes ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Yea yea, I too used to live on a boat during the summer using less than 3kWh per day <-- this is not reality. 

ha you are now babbling again............... your post above using Average Radiation in January...and average Use during a whole year is also not reality....let me guess you really are not an engineer????

you presented goofy math above not me.........

and then you get bent out of shape when your goofy math is pointed out?????

ha ha ha

Edited by notsonice
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, notsonice said:

ha you are now babbling again............... your post above using Average Radiation in January...and average Use during a whole year is also not reality....let me guess you really are not an engineer????

you presented goofy math above not me.........

and then you get bent out of shape when your goofy math is pointed out?????

ha ha ha

... Just wondering if you can do grade school math.  Are you this dumb?  Electrical LOW points is Spring/Fall, not winter dear dingus. Texas power usage for the handicapped...

Edited by footeab@yahoo.com

1 hour ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Driving distance does not go down in the winter last I checked....

You need to check again.

People avoid driving in cold, icy conditions.  During the summer they go on road trips / vacations.

Way, way more driving during the summer.

• Upvote 2

(edited)

1 hour ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

No, TESLA does not sell an SUV sized car no matter what they claim and besides it is $100,000 so... uh who is going to buy that?

How do you know the price of something that doesn't exist?  Why is it a even number?  Did you make up "math" again?

Who is going to buy it?  People who have an extra $100,000.   Plenty of people are rich; Lamborghini and Ferrari have done just fine selling stupid expensive ICE cars, why can't the the same customers buy nice EVs made by the same or similar companies?  EV sport cars have better performance.

Edited by TailingsPond
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TailingsPond said:

You need to check again.

People avoid driving in cold, icy conditions.  During the summer they go on road trips / vacations.

AH, another loseritis who pretends the 95% is invalid if they make a 5% point.... Well what I did NOT add into the equation is that in the winter, your kWh/mile goes DOWN power required for daily driving goes UP only exceeded by high summer... 

Honestly do you guys rub 2 brain cells together before replying?

• Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

53 minutes ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

AH, another loseritis who pretends the 95% is invalid if they make a 5% point.... Well what I did NOT add into the equation is that in the winter, your kWh/mile goes DOWN power required for daily driving goes UP only exceeded by high summer... 

Honestly do you guys rub 2 brain cells together before replying?

My comment said nothing of vehicle type or fuel/energy efficiency.  All I did is point out the error in your comment of "driving distance does not go down in the winter."  It certainly does.

You should accept that you made a false statement and learn. 

Perhaps you should think before posting; that way I can't embarrass you by pointing out all the mistakes.

Edited by TailingsPond
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

... Just wondering if you can do grade school math.  Are you this dumb?  Electrical LOW points is Spring/Fall, not winter dear dingus. Texas power usage for the handicapped...

you are unable to read charts now......

and you are an engineer?

you are the dimwitted loser who used numbers from one month in winter for the whole year in calcs

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, TailingsPond said:
15 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

No, TESLA does not sell an SUV sized car no matter what they claim and besides it is $100,000 so... uh who is going to buy that?

How do you know the price of something that doesn't exist?  Why is it a even number?  Did you make up "math" again?

Who is going to buy it?  People who have an extra $100,000.   Plenty of people are rich; Lamborghini and Ferrari have done just fine selling stupid expensive ICE cars, why can't the the same customers buy nice EVs made by the same or similar companies?  EV sport cars have better performance.

Haha he cant even make up his mind if a Tesla SUV exists or not 🤡

There is the Model X which is classed as an SUV/crossover, you can get a second hand one in the UK for £33500 ($42500)

Used Tesla Model X cars for sale | carwow

I wonder if math was his worst subject at school, seems like it to me. 

I bet he's got loads of tunnels on the go at the moment. Strange he's not mentioned them for a while. 🤣

• Upvote 2

(edited)

On 2/27/2024 at 7:29 AM, Rob Plant said:

There is the Model X which is classed as an SUV/crossover, you can get a second hand one in the UK for £33500 ($42500)

I bet he's got loads of tunnels on the go at the moment. Strange he's not mentioned them for a while. 🤣

Rob, the writing is on the wall. EVs are now up against a brick wall and production is stalling with inventories piling up on sales lots.

The niche market for EVs is now saturated, no one wants the products beyond a few deluded climate loonies.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Ford-Halts-Shipments-of-2024-F-150-Lightning-Pickup-Trucks.html

"Shipments of the 2024 F-150 Lightning have been on hold since February 9th, with production continuing at the Rouge Electric Vehicle Center in Dearborn, Michigan.

The halt in shipments comes amid broader recalibration of Ford's electric vehicle strategy and industry concerns over the demand for electric vehicles, with thousands of auto dealers warning of stacking inventory and market saturation."

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Haha 1

"Peak oil" keeps getting pushed further and further into the future...eventually there will not be any peak oil but simply a continued growth in oil production.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Worlds-Top-Oil-Trader-Sees-Oil-Demand-Peak-After-2030.html

"Vitol: A slower pace of the energy transition will push peak oil demand beyond 2030.

Vitol CEO Hardy: Overall global demand for oil, natural gas, and coal is also set to peak later than expected as the energy transition is progressing slower than initially thought.

OPEC, which has a vested interest in continued oil demand growth for decades, sees robust demand even in the long term."

• Great Response! 1

On 2/26/2024 at 4:03 PM, TailingsPond said:

You need to check again.

I think Foot in the Mouth has never heard of the term

Summer Drive Season..........

https://www.convenience.org/Topics/Fuels/Changing-Seasons-Changing-Gas-Prices#:~:text=February-August%3A Summer Drive Season and Increased Demand&text=Total fuel demand is 10,demand imbalance and affect prices.

February-August: Summer Drive Season and Increased DemandTotal fuel demand is 10% to 15% greater in August than in February, and any stress to the system—such as a refinery or pipeline outage—can cause a supply/demand imbalance and affect prices.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2024 at 5:29 AM, Rob Plant said:

I bet he's got loads of tunnels on the go at the moment.????

he is working on his grand scheme.............Please stay tuned ...he should have all the math worked out in a few days

maybe he will win a Nobel Prize????

well at least the Nobel Booby Prize

oh The Ig Nobel Prizes are  “Booby Prizes”! - ppt video online download

• Haha 1

https://dailycaller.com/2024/02/29/alliance-consumers-advertisement-costs-biden-electric-vehicles/?utm_medium=push&utm_source=daily_caller&utm_campaign=push

EXCLUSIVE: Ad Campaign Targets Joe Biden For Massive Costs Resulting From Green Agenda, EV Push

US-ECONOMY-LIFESTYLE-AUTO

(Photo by Mandel Ngan/AFP via Getty Images)

Daily Caller News Foundation logo

NICK POPECONTRIBUTOR
February 29, 202411:52 AM ET
FONT SIZE:

A new digital advertisement campaign is rolling out Thursday to highlight the additional expenses affiliated with President Joe Biden’s aggressive electric vehicle (EV) agenda.

Alliance for Consumers (AFC), a nonprofit group that advocates for consumer protection, is rolling out the campaign to bring attention to the hidden and obvious costs that the Biden administration’s suite of EV policies will eventually impose on Americans. The advertisement, titled “Biden’s Dream Garage” and drawing on a litany of sources, asserts that EV ownership could add up to $26,000 in additional costs per garage before factoring in tax credits and other subsidies.

“The campaign demonstrates a litany of costs that will fall squarely on the shoulders of everyday people thanks to the Biden EV push. And it’s so important, because when you see your neighbor buy a Tesla because they want to, they have already decided that those costs are worth it,” O.H. Skinner, the AFC’s executive director, told the Daily Caller News Foundation. “Lots of consumers are not fully aware of what this life is going to look like when Biden forces them into this progressive lifestyle. When Biden basically mandates that you have an electric car, what does that mean? The answer is, more than normal people are aware.” (RELATED: Biden’s Green Agenda Is Making Every Part Of Owning A Home More Expensive, Watchdog Says)

Alliance-for-Consumers-Ad.jpeg

A new ad from the Alliance for Consumers depicting the additional costs that Americans are likely to incur as a result of the Biden administration’s electric vehicle (EV) push. (Alliance for Consumers, obtained exclusively by the Daily Caller News Foundation)

Citing Kelley Blue Book, the AFC ad points out that EVs cost nearly $13,000 more than internal combustion engine equivalents on average. The campaign also asserts that new outlets for EV charging can cost up to $2,500 to install, and that additional electricity usage to charge EVs can jack up utility bills by over $700 annually.

Average EV insurance premiums are approximately $1,300 higher on an annual basis than premiums for comparable internal combustion engine models, since EV components tend to be more expensive and comparatively more challenging to source, the advertisement states. Tires will also contribute to added expense, according to the advertisement, since more durable and expensive tires will need to be replaced more frequently due to the higher average weight of EVs relative to gas-powered equivalents.

The campaign also draws attention to the hidden, but expensive, additional costs borne from installing insulation in garages that do not sufficiently maintain heat when it is cold outside. A recent analysis by Consumer Reports, cited by AFC, found that EVs parked in garages lose battery charge when the ambient temperature dips below 40 degrees Fahrenheit.

Insulating garages with high-grade foam can cost consumers between $3,500 and $8,000, according to the advertisement.

The Biden administration is shooting for EVs to comprise 50% of all new car sales in the country by 2030 as part of its massive climate agenda. The administration has created a tax credit, promulgated aggressive regulations and allocated billions to facilitate its EV dreams, but the market is not taking shape as some proponents of these policies may have anticipated.

Consumer demand is not growing as quickly as projected, manufacturers are losing billions on their EV product lines and executives are starting to back away from near-term production targets.

The White House did not respond immediately to request for comment.

• Upvote 1