JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

53 minutes ago, TailingsPond said:

2022 is not old.  Nothing has changed since then.  If anything it has gotten worse.  As you say coal demand is strong there.

Why do you want to emulate their problems? 

You know, a sign of addiction is denial or downplaying of the negative health effects. I clearly show you pollution and yet you continue with your pro-coal nonsense.  No amount of data will ever change your misguided ideas. 

Do you smoke cigarettes? Might as well because smoke is harmless in your mind.

The data you are referring to is not for just one year, right?

37 minutes ago, TailingsPond said:

And their air quality is garbage. You should be able to see the relationship.

The cleanest air in India is "moderately polluted."  The major cities are "unhealthy" or "very unhealthy."

Real time data:

https://www.iqair.com/ca/india

Average PM2.5 concentration in India: 10.9 times the WHO annual air quality guideline.

Once again, this not CO2 or climate change, just old-fashioned poison.

Sure there is room for improvement, bringing in the newer technologies, just as China is doing.

(edited)

3 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Oh no Eco another cheap EV on the market!

Dacia Spring: Britain's cheapest EV on sale from £169 per month – and it only costs £2 to charge off-peak! | CAR Magazine

The top of the range brand new Dacia Spring is approx $21,250 

The average cost of a brand new small compact car in the USA is $26,783

Car Manufacturer March 2024 Transaction Price (Average) February 2024 Transaction Price (Average)
Compact Car $26,873 $27,029
Compact SUV/Crossover $36,082 $36,164
Mid-Size Car $32,382 $31,948
Full-Size Car $45,689 $46,196

Blimey Eco now the Romanians are producing EV's cheaper than those ICE equivalents, it seems the ICE clunkers are doomed, doomed, doomed!

Oh Eco if it wasnt for those pesky tech improvements! I bet Mark Lawson wont be putting this in his latest book that nobody will buy.

Rob, you are completely out of touch with what is happening in Europe and Britain, even though you live there. Open your eyes for once.

EVs are stalling in Europe and new technology is sitting around in a holding pattern because of lack of demand for EVs.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/European-Battery-Manufacturer-Pauses-Development-As-EV-Demand-Cools.html

"...a battery plant owned by Stellantis and Mercedes-Benz halted development. All of this signifies sliding EV demand across the EU. 

Let's begin with a new Bloomberg Intelligence report titled "Taycan's 33% Value Drop Makes Even Tesla Owners Cringe," highlighting that the high-end luxury EV market is experiencing "significant declines in value as demand decreases." 

The report, citing Experian data, found Porsche Taycan values in the first quarter sank 33% compared to the same period one year ago. This was an even more significant drop than the Tesla Model Y's 28%. "

""Sliding EV demand has also forced European auto battery manufacturer ACC, co-owned by Stellantis, Mercedes, and TotalEnergies, "to pause development of a site in Germany's Kaiserslautern," according to Bloomberg, citing local media outlet Rheinpfalz newspaper. 

"Europe's drivers aren't ready in large numbers to exchange their old car for a new electric one," ACC's General Secretary Mathieu Hubert told Rheinpfalz. "

Tesla recently reported an 8.5% drop in year-over-year vehicle sales in the first quarter. Sales growth across the EV space has slowed, and Tesla is locked in a price war with manufacturers worldwide. 

1717590682-o_1hvk63op210a61fmo50q1mdq1lg

Following Tesla's earnings release in April, Deepwater Asset Management analyst Gene Munster wrote on X, "The excitement around EVs has cooled, which further dampens sales." 

A combination of higher interest rates, lack of robust positive real wage growth, and consumer slowdown amid stagflationary threats is weighing on demand for vehicles, especially EVs."

Edited by Ecocharger

23 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Rob, you are completely out of touch with what is happening in Europe and Britain, even though you live there. Open your eyes for once.

EVs are stalling in Europe and new technology is sitting around in a holding pattern because of lack of demand for EVs.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/European-Battery-Manufacturer-Pauses-Development-As-EV-Demand-Cools.html

"...a battery plant owned by Stellantis and Mercedes-Benz halted development. All of this signifies sliding EV demand across the EU. 

Let's begin with a new Bloomberg Intelligence report titled "Taycan's 33% Value Drop Makes Even Tesla Owners Cringe," highlighting that the high-end luxury EV market is experiencing "significant declines in value as demand decreases." 

The report, citing Experian data, found Porsche Taycan values in the first quarter sank 33% compared to the same period one year ago. This was an even more significant drop than the Tesla Model Y's 28%. "

""Sliding EV demand has also forced European auto battery manufacturer ACC, co-owned by Stellantis, Mercedes, and TotalEnergies, "to pause development of a site in Germany's Kaiserslautern," according to Bloomberg, citing local media outlet Rheinpfalz newspaper. 

"Europe's drivers aren't ready in large numbers to exchange their old car for a new electric one," ACC's General Secretary Mathieu Hubert told Rheinpfalz. "

Tesla recently reported an 8.5% drop in year-over-year vehicle sales in the first quarter. Sales growth across the EV space has slowed, and Tesla is locked in a price war with manufacturers worldwide. 

Following Tesla's earnings release in April, Deepwater Asset Management analyst Gene Munster wrote on X, "The excitement around EVs has cooled, which further dampens sales." 

A combination of higher interest rates, lack of robust positive real wage growth, and consumer slowdown amid stagflationary threats is weighing on demand for vehicles, especially EVs."

Tesla recently reported an 8.5% drop in year-over-year vehicle sales in the first quarter????

yep competition is stealing away market share. Teslas are overpriced

now there are EVs (BYD sales are booming and spreading across the globe)  on the market that are real competitors to Tesla that are also competitive with your beloved Clunkers

• Like 1

Global warming from excess C02 from the oil and gas industry is going to fry Texas this week.

Unfortunately the ones accountable for this a rich and all have air conditioning while the poor will die.

Give Texas back to Mexico!!!!  Hold oil company executives accountable!

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, bloodman33 said:

Unfortunately the ones accountable for this a rich and all have air conditioning while the poor will die.

...not if ERCOT collapses!

• Upvote 1

Just now, turbguy said:

...not if ERCOT collapses!

you do not think ERCOT board and rich do not have  backup???? Rich Texans  will deny global warming exists and is straining the grids publicly and the Texas grid is perfect and will never fail as their politics calls for denial.....but behind the scenes they all have battery backup and Nat gas back up emergency power supplies at their homes. Alternatively the Rich in Texas are all at their mountain homes for the summer in the Colorado Rockies.....Money does buy cool air in the summer and cost is no matter when trying to beat the heat during the Summertime in The Texas Oven...........

(edited)

14 minutes ago, notsonice said:

you do not think ERCOT board and rich do not have  backup???? Rich Texans  will deny global warming exists and is straining the grids publicly and the Texas grid is perfect and will never fail as their politics calls for denial.....but behind the scenes they all have battery backup and Nat gas back up emergency power supplies at their homes. Alternatively the Rich in Texas are all at their mountain homes for the summer in the Colorado Rockies.....Money does buy cool air in the summer and cost is no matter when trying to beat the heat during the Summertime in The Texas Oven...........

Oh, I'm certain some do (I do). They can always sit in an air-conditioned vehicle and let it idle.

The optics will look mighty bad, both politically and personally, when it come out that the "rich" have something that the voters had, but now don't.

Electricity = water supply for the masses.  Water is even MORE important that "cool air".  I hope those facilities have adequate back-up should ERCOT collapse.

Residing at 7400', my air conditioner operates about 15 minutes a year, for testing purposes. The only other times we operate it is to keep wildfire smoke at bay.

If it gets to the mid-80's, it's HOT here!

Edited by turbguy

10 minutes ago, turbguy said:

Oh, I'm certain some do (I do). They can always sit in an air-conditioned vehicle and let it idle.

The optics will look mighty bad, both politically and personally, when it come out that the "rich" have something that the voters had, but now don't.

Electricity = water supply for the masses.  Water is even MORE important that "cool air".  I hope those facilities have adequate back-up should ERCOT collapse.

Residing at 7400', my air conditioner operates about 15 minutes a year, for testing purposes. The only other times we operate it is to keep wildfire smoke at bay.

If it gets to the mid-80's, it's HOT here!

I appreciate the fresh air and coolness of Wyoming......in the summer

Winter ....well  ...that is something else

I have family in Wyoming, who we have visited for ever since  I can remember...Family lives in Elk Mountain and the Snowy Range since the 1920's.......just beautiful summers ....no air conditioning ever needed

I got to work for 2 years (when it wasn't frozen ) West of the Snowy Range....... Loved the ability to camp out while working and visiting family.

2 hours ago, bloodman33 said:

Global warming from excess C02 from the oil and gas industry is going to fry Texas this week.

Give Texas back to Mexico!!!!  Hold oil company executives accountable!

Have you held YOURSELF accountable?  Just wondering. 

Laptop you are typing on is all plastic, did you stop using it?  ALL the insulation in ALL of the electrical appliances you use and provides you power is coated in plastic which has ZERO substitutes.  Still wearing shoes which I'll bet are probably near 100% plastic.  Go get your cog cleats... Enjoy.  Still have elastic on your underwear/socks/pants/shirts?  Don't be a hypocrite now, cut that off or wear 100% wool only(Most wool clothing has ~20% or more plastic in it)!   Do you wear glasses?  Made from plastic.  I'll bet you drive an internal combustion engine car don't ya?  The roads you drive on are made of Bitumen tar from OIL/Coal... going back to dirt eh?  Stop drying hypocrite.  Does your home have Latex paint?  = 100% plastic.  Do you have rugs?  100% plastic, though you could technically have wool for 3X the price.  Do you have hardwood floors?  All protected by plastic.  The food you eat, fertilized via ammonia from Methane most likely, without which you and I would starve.  You eat food completely contained in plastic as glass has gone the way of the dodo bird and now infertility is sky rocketing around the globe... Oh right we have science which shows plasticizers in ~all plastics cause this in mice yet we do nothing.... why because without plastics nearly all of "modern" life vanishes and no one wants to ADMIT basic reality.  Now it is possible, you have a GIANT garden and do true organic gardening, not the lying "organic gardening" most packaging of food claims, but I highly doubt it judging by the way you post. 

Go for it produce products which are "green" and sell them without subsidies.  Do that first, then talk

Hello dear hypocrite, how is life going? 

• Great Response! 1

(edited)

36 minutes ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Laptop you are typing on is all plastic, did you stop using it?  ALL the insulation in ALL of the electrical appliances you use and provides you power is coated in plastic which has ZERO substitutes.  Still wearing shoes which I'll bet are probably near 100% plastic.  Go get your cog cleats... Enjoy.  Still have elastic on your underwear/socks/pants/shirts?  Don't be a hypocrite now, cut that off or wear 100% wool only(Most wool clothing has ~20% or more plastic in it)!   Do you wear glasses?  Made from plastic.  I'll bet you drive an internal combustion engine car don't ya?  The roads you drive on are made of Bitumen tar from OIL/Coal... going back to dirt eh?  Stop drying hypocrite.  Does your home have Latex paint?  = 100% plastic.  Do you have rugs?  100% plastic, though you could technically have wool for 3X the price.  Do you have hardwood floors?  All protected by plastic.  The food you eat, fertilized via ammonia from Methane most likely, without which you and I would starve.  You eat food completely contained in plastic as glass has gone the way of the dodo bird and now infertility is sky rocketing around the globe... Oh right we have science which shows plasticizers in ~all plastics cause this in mice yet we do nothing.... why because without plastics nearly all of "modern" life vanishes and no one wants to ADMIT basic reality.  Now it is possible, you have a GIANT garden and do true organic gardening, not the lying "organic gardening" most packaging of food claims, but I highly doubt it judging by the way you post. 

Go for it produce products which are "green" and sell them without subsidies.  Do that first, then talk

You can make plastic without oil if that is what you are getting at. Nature invented plastics way before the petrochemical industry....

You even mention latex in your rant.  Latex rubber is from plants. 

Plastic handles are often cellulose acetate, again from plants. 

Ethanol can be fermented from - you guessed it - plants.  The ethanol can be simply dehydrated to ethylene and then polymerized to polyethylene. 

Leather, cotton, wool, and silk are excellent materials, mentioning those natural materials is a counter-argument to your plastic clothes.  Heck, even rayon is made primarily from plant matter.  I like my leather shoes, belts, wallets, and jackets; cotton jeans and T-shirts are very comfortable.

Shellac is a natural product.

Yes, we need nitrogen fixation for fertilizer but that only requires energy, not oil.  The nitrogen comes from the air.

Fact is most oil is burned for energy, not used as chemical feed-stocks.

Go pray at your oil-well altar.

Edited by TailingsPond
  • Haha 1

(edited)

31 minutes ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Oh right we have science which shows plasticizers in ~all plastics cause this in mice yet we do nothing.... why because without plastics nearly all of "modern" life vanishes and no one wants to ADMIT basic reality.

Maybe you do nothing.  You can't get a disposable plastic bag or single-use plastic cups, straws, or cutlery where I live - it has been banned.

I like how you admit that petrochemical based plastic is toxic and causing cancer.  Natural polymers don't do that.

Edited by TailingsPond
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

plastics are great????

image.jpeg.58b6bf7ee40e8ef79b9334d268c19be2.jpeg

image.jpeg.298d29392ff4b645e42c7aff2b147f62.jpeg

Just wish we would work a little harder to get them out of our bloodstream.... smart people learn from our mistakes and work to change are ways for a better life.....slow people just ignore what is going on and complain like hell that they are victims when their health fails. It is only a matter of time that a link between microplastics and some ailment is found.  And only a matter of time for all food products to be tested for microplastics...followed by limits no different than mouse droppings in the food you buy. For me getting in shape is Number 1 priority....losing unnecessary fat around the belly..staying away from real crappy foods.....IE those containing corn by products...corn sugars IE no more soda.....Minimizing plastic in the kitchen at all levels

Recently, scientists discovered microplastics in human blood: About 77% of the people who were tested were found to have microplastics in their bloodstream. While this is sobering fact, it's not surprising, says Philip Kuriakose, M.D., a hematologist and medical oncologist at the Henry Ford Cancer Institute.Apr 18, 2022

Microplastics Have Been Found In The Human Bloodstream

Mar 25, 2022  A recent study found that microplastics can latch on to the outer membranes of red blood cells and may limit their ability to transport oxygen.
by HA Leslie · 2022 · Cited by 1693  This pioneering human biomonitoring study demonstrated that plastic particles are bioavailable for uptake into the human bloodstream. An understanding of the ...
The researchers suggest several ways the plastics may have entered the bloodstream — via air, food, water, personal care products such as toothpaste and lip ...
Mar 24, 2023  A recent pilot study commissioned by the Plastic Soup Foundation found microplastics in all blood samples collected from pigs and cows on Dutch ...
Edited by notsonice
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, notsonice said:

I appreciate the fresh air and coolness of Wyoming......in the summer

Winter ....well  ...that is something else

I have family in Wyoming, who we have visited for ever since  I can remember...Family lives in Elk Mountain and the Snowy Range since the 1920's.......just beautiful summers ....no air conditioning ever needed

I got to work for 2 years (when it wasn't frozen ) West of the Snowy Range....... Loved the ability to camp out while working and visiting family.

The view from my west patio...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/turbguy/53764361674/in/photostream/lightbox/

Yup, that's the Snowy Range...

Winter? There's no such thing as poor weather.  Just poor clothing.

(edited)

16 minutes ago, turbguy said:

The view from my west patio...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/turbguy/53764361674/in/photostream/lightbox/

Yup, that's the Snowy Range...

Winter? There's no such thing as poor weather.  Just poor clothing.

Thanks for the photo,the Snowy Range is so distinct....what a great place

My Grandpas brother, Bat,  ran away from home (UP Michigan) in the early 1920s as a teenager and ended up on Elk Mountain.....stayed there for ever.....great guy...so sad he died in his 80's heart attack in a snow storm...froze to death....But he lived life large and was logging, fishing and hunting until the day he died.........always enjoy driving over the backside of the Snowy Range to this day...just great memories of life and family in Wyoming. If I could only convince my better half to stay more than a few days at a time.........She says it is just too cold (even in summer)

Bat ...may he rest in peace on Elk Mountain

Elk Mountain, Wyoming

Edited by notsonice
  • Upvote 3

footeab@yahoo.com when you write more than three sentence's I never waste my time reading it.  Life is too short.  Blah ha ha ha ha!  I guess my writing resonated with you in approval since you wrote so much.  Thanks for the endorsement. 

• Downvote 1

14 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

Haha

There werent cheap EV's on lots then, there soon will be, please keep up Eco.

As you say I live here and I'm genuinely hoping that no additional levies are put on these cheap EV's.

Tell me if you were the consumer and a like for like car was 25% cheaper to buy, more than 80% cheaper to refuel, had far less maintenance costs due to no fuel pump, fuel line, fuel tank, exhaust system, no expensive catalytic converter etc etc. why would you buy the ICE?? This is game changing for the market, surely even you can see this with your head buried in the sand.

There are approx 200 moving parts on an EV compared to 1000 on an ICE vehicle.

Home charging is everywhere in the UK as well as every mall, hotel, parking lot etc etc.

Simple economics will win the day on this, previously to the new Byd cars and now Dacia I agree that the market stalled recently as it was aimed and the rich and climate conscious, that is no longer the case, enjoy the EV revolution!

(edited)

23 hours ago, notsonice said:

Some joke.

Those are not sales numbers, just puff about potential new vehicles...you are off-topic as usual.

Haha!

Edited by Ecocharger

20 hours ago, notsonice said:

plastics are great????

image.jpeg.58b6bf7ee40e8ef79b9334d268c19be2.jpeg

image.jpeg.298d29392ff4b645e42c7aff2b147f62.jpeg

Just wish we would work a little harder to get them out of our bloodstream.... smart people learn from our mistakes and work to change are ways for a better life.....slow people just ignore what is going on and complain like hell that they are victims when their health fails. It is only a matter of time that a link between microplastics and some ailment is found.  And only a matter of time for all food products to be tested for microplastics...followed by limits no different than mouse droppings in the food you buy. For me getting in shape is Number 1 priority....losing unnecessary fat around the belly..staying away from real crappy foods.....IE those containing corn by products...corn sugars IE no more soda.....Minimizing plastic in the kitchen at all levels

Recently, scientists discovered microplastics in human blood: About 77% of the people who were tested were found to have microplastics in their bloodstream. While this is sobering fact, it's not surprising, says Philip Kuriakose, M.D., a hematologist and medical oncologist at the Henry Ford Cancer Institute.Apr 18, 2022

Microplastics Have Been Found In The Human Bloodstream

Mar 25, 2022  A recent study found that microplastics can latch on to the outer membranes of red blood cells and may limit their ability to transport oxygen.
by HA Leslie · 2022 · Cited by 1693  This pioneering human biomonitoring study demonstrated that plastic particles are bioavailable for uptake into the human bloodstream. An understanding of the ...
The researchers suggest several ways the plastics may have entered the bloodstream — via air, food, water, personal care products such as toothpaste and lip ...
Mar 24, 2023  A recent pilot study commissioned by the Plastic Soup Foundation found microplastics in all blood samples collected from pigs and cows on Dutch ...

So why do you still use plastics? I am curious about that.

(edited)

9 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Haha

There werent cheap EV's on lots then, there soon will be, please keep up Eco.

As you say I live here and I'm genuinely hoping that no additional levies are put on these cheap EV's.

Tell me if you were the consumer and a like for like car was 25% cheaper to buy, more than 80% cheaper to refuel, had far less maintenance costs due to no fuel pump, fuel line, fuel tank, exhaust system, no expensive catalytic converter etc etc. why would you buy the ICE?? This is game changing for the market, surely even you can see this with your head buried in the sand.

There are approx 200 moving parts on an EV compared to 1000 on an ICE vehicle.

Home charging is everywhere in the UK as well as every mall, hotel, parking lot etc etc.

Simple economics will win the day on this, previously to the new Byd cars and now Dacia I agree that the market stalled recently as it was aimed and the rich and climate conscious, that is no longer the case, enjoy the EV revolution!

Rob, wake up.

EVs are tanking, no one wants those clunkers.

Just read the numbers. No, they were not fabricated by climate deniers, they represent the results of foolish government policies supported by you.

"With each day that goes by, there is more and more news indicating the EV market is saturated. First, it was manufacturers cutting back on EV investments, then a gradual shift back to hybrid vehicles - and now it's China pulling out of investments in Germany due to lack of demand."

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Chinese-Battery-Makers-Slam-Brakes-on-German-Expansion-as-EV-Sales-Stall.html

Edited by Ecocharger

4 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Because they are everywhere and convenient.

Once again, do not confuse popularity or usage with "goodness."  Junk food, alcohol, cigarettes, and other drugs are very popular but that does not make them good. 

Plastics are fairly recyclable and so are not completely consumed like fossil fuels.  Let's rank that like junk food.  Very popular.

Nat gas burns very cleanly.  Let's rank that as coffee, one of the most popular drugs.

Gasoline burns fairly cleanly in a modern engine.  Let's rank that like alcohol.  Also very popular. 

Coal is filth and degrades health quickly.  Let's rank that as meth or Fentanyl.  Unfortunately very popular but also very bad.

14 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

EVs are tanking, no one wants those clunkers.

A brand new EV is not a "clunker."

(edited)

2 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

I try not to...........last roll of plastic wrap we bought in our house.......20 years ago.. we do not use plastic wrap unless it is absolutely necessary. Plastic silverware........nope..... We only buy beverages in aluminum or glass ..............We do not buy water in plastic bottles........

I had the displeasure in my early years to be assigned a few projects inspecting sanitary landfills (for possible sources/pathways for leached waters, coming out of the slop, to  infiltrate into the ground waters.....)

Nothing sanitary about landfills and the work was an eyeopener to not only the waste of metals (which should never make it to a landfill) but just the amount of kitchen trash..............plastics and compostables

so we work on not using plastics

junk food in crappy plastic......stop eating junk food

The amount of trash in our house on a weekly basis ..........ounces at best.. We do not need garbage service but are mandated to have it

compostables are composted

recyclables are recycled

no plastic/synthetic carpetings in our house...wool rugs on cotton backings yes

paper towels minimal /cotton cloth cleaning wipes/rages yes

Furniture made out of wood and made to last....no plastic crap

Down comforters

Down Pillows

Wool blankets

cotton bedding and bath 

Leather shoes boots jackets

100 Cotton clothing

We try to only buy food products that are in recyclable containers...

how about you will curious of you try to reduce your impact on the earth waters and sky?????

or do you just not care??????

Edited by notsonice
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

FYI, steel canned food and aluminum cans are lined with plastics as well.  Only true "safe" material is glass if you are trying to get away from plastics.  

Glass jars these days 2nd hand are same value as new.

Pyrex containers with plastic snap lids are da bomb(can be frozen).  Have completely ditched all our old plastic(actually sold it) other than for freezing containers.  Was too expensive to replace 100 quart and pint plastic containers with pyrex for freezing where the mobility of the plasticizers are much much slower. 

Most fruit in store comes COATED in plastic to keep them from rotting as soon.  Vegetables seem to be the only "fresh" food which has not been plasticized.  Shredded wheat used to come in paper bags... just recently they switched to plasticized paper and now requires scissors to open... as if Shredded wheat requires stay "fresh" sealing.

Never understood why anyone went with plastic forks etc... Silverware is dirt cheap and we have ... a thing called a dishwasher

Uh, you do realize all those "recycleable" diagrams on bottom denoting what type of plastic are pure BS right?  and All the acetate etc containers get thrown in the dump right?  Unless they are Poly ethylene with the number 2 in the so called "recycle" logo and pretty sure the only food that comes in poly ethylene packaging is Heinz mustard and milk.  Can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Edited by footeab@yahoo.com
  • Upvote 1