JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

2 hours ago, bloodman33 said:

Well that debate was amazing.  Biden hit it out of the park!  

Yeah...sure...

OMG, what a choice.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, turbguy said:

Yeah...sure...

OMG, what a choice.

Can we please pass a constitutional amendment that bans ANYONE from holding ANY form of government job over the age of 75?  Oh yea, and add an additional amendment for Supreme Court you have to be older than 55. 

I swear the losers will next try to pack the supreme court with an 18 year old who miraculously got their law degree....

Look at the farcical nature of the Supreme court... They basically do nothing due to their advanced age as they "HOPE" and "WAIT" for "their" side to get into office while "reviewing" 1 case a month while everything else languishes. 

(edited)

6 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

You are wandering off topic again, no surprise.

The question I posed to you and which you refused to answer (again, no surprise) is do you want to shut down 80% of the energy supply and shut down the air conditioning industry which is keeping the majority of the world's populations from dying and suffering from extremes in climate?

No answer? None, I guess next election the people will answer those questions.

Here was the link to the quote you were complaining about, hope you enjoy reading it.

Was the "ozone scare" just a hoax?

https://mises.org/mises-daily/ozone-scare-retrospective

You are the one avoiding the questions, as usual. Once again, do you support restricting any form of pollution? You seem to defend all pollution.

Your idea that air conditioning will be turned off is nonsense.  The ac will not be turned off, don't worry.  Most people in poor nations already live without air conditioning even with their dirty fossil fuels (coal). 

Sadly, air conditioning is also increasingly needed so people can close their windows to protect against air pollution.

Fossil fuels - the cause of and solution to all our problems!  We can just live in air conditioned plastic bubbles to avoid our toxic atmosphere!

At least you notice that the world will suffer from extremes in climate.  Progress.

The ozone layer is not part of this discussion.

Edited by TailingsPond

46 minutes ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Can we please pass a constitutional amendment that bans ANYONE from holding ANY form of government job over the age of 75?

I would be okay with that.  It excludes trump.

5 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

Yes, predictions by experts are looking at the 90s levels for oil this year, I gave you the link above.

The day of reckoning will arrive for the Climate Panic brigade very soon with governments running out of money, the failed understandings of how global warming works, the ridiculous attempts to shut down the energy supply of the world...if these guys do not get turfed out of office next election, the world will descend into chaos.

Projections of $90 for this year is not the same as your prediction of hitting $100 six months ago. You were wrong, full stop. Accept it and learn from it.

Tell me the day of reckoning so I "can mark your words."  Put a date on it.  What will happen? You think if trump gets elected the whole world will change?  If so, how?  USA does not run the world despite what your indoctrination tells you.

More "any day now" garbage.  Sound more like the eyes shut coward all the time.

(edited)

1 hour ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Can we please pass a constitutional amendment that bans ANYONE from holding ANY form of government job over the age of 75?  Oh yea, and add an additional amendment for Supreme Court you have to be older than 55. 

I swear the losers will next try to pack the supreme court with an 18 year old who miraculously got their law degree....

Look at the farcical nature of the Supreme court... They basically do nothing due to their advanced age as they "HOPE" and "WAIT" for "their" side to get into office while "reviewing" 1 case a month while everything else languishes. 

I agree with most of that, the only thing about putting an age limit on anything is it makes it discriminatory. Just have a cognitive test in its place and job done.

Edited by Rob Plant

1 minute ago, Rob Plant said:

I agree with most of that, the only thing about putting an age limit on anything is it makes it descriminatory. Just have a cognitive test in its place and job done.

Sorry, but no as 75 year olds LITERALLY cannot do an 8 hour work day ... Oh wait, they can do an 8 hour work day, but next 2 or 3 days they do NOTHING as they are "recovering" even for those who are in GOOD shape.

Discriminating is a good thing.  Exceptions are BS.  Cognitive tests just = cheating. 

39 minutes ago, TailingsPond said:

I would be okay with that.  It excludes trump.

Its the principle of the thing: You can't function over 75 except in TINY "spurts" and then "recovering" doing nothing much.  There are Millions/Billions(Hope USA never becomes China or India, but...) of others who can do the job. 

4 minutes ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Its the principle of the thing: You can't function over 75 except in TINY "spurts" and then "recovering" doing nothing much.  There are Millions/Billions(Hope USA never becomes China or India, but...) of others who can do the job. 

'Unmitigated disaster' for Biden in TV debate with Trump - as he faces calls from Democrats to step aside

'Unmitigated disaster' for Biden in TV debate with Trump - as he faces calls from Democrats to step aside | US News | Sky News

This is the view of UK media

(edited)

8 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

You are the one avoiding the questions, as usual. Once again, do you support restricting any form of pollution? You seem to defend all pollution.

Your idea that air conditioning will be turned off is nonsense.  The ac will not be turned off, don't worry.  Most people in poor nations already live without air conditioning even with their dirty fossil fuels (coal). 

Sadly, air conditioning is also increasingly needed so people can close their windows to protect against air pollution.

Fossil fuels - the cause of and solution to all our problems!  We can just live in air conditioned plastic bubbles to avoid our toxic atmosphere!

At least you notice that the world will suffer from extremes in climate.  Progress.

The ozone layer is not part of this discussion.

Haha, the world has always suffered extremes of climate, but if we shut down 80% of our energy supply, which seems to be your wild position, that will surely kill many people, not just the elderly (like the current Prez) but those who rely on emergency medicine and advanced treatments. 

It is easy to shout pollution (even though pollution has reduced dramatically during a massive increase in fossil fuels), but the Screwball Panic people should think about the consequences of what they are advocating.

There is an old saying, be careful, you may get what you want. Never were truer words spoken.

Edited by Ecocharger

8 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

Projections of $90 for this year is not the same as your prediction of hitting $100 six months ago. You were wrong, full stop. Accept it and learn from it.

Tell me the day of reckoning so I "can mark your words."  Put a date on it.  What will happen? You think if trump gets elected the whole world will change?  If so, how?  USA does not run the world despite what your indoctrination tells you.

More "any day now" garbage.  Sound more like the eyes shut coward all the time.

You are again running away from your own position, shutting down the energy supply by 80% is a certain recipe for widespread human death.

No, I do not expect you to respond, you never do.

• Downvote 1

(edited)

3 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

Haha, the world has always suffered extremes of climate, but if we shut down 80% of our energy supply, which seems to be your wild position, that will surely kill many people, not just the elderly (like the current Prez) but those who rely on emergency medicine and advanced treatments. 

It is easy to shout pollution (even though pollution has reduced dramatically during a massive increase in fossil fuels), but the Screwball Panic people should think about the consequences of what they are advocating.

There is an old saying, be careful, you may get what you want. Never were truer words spoken.

Who is advocating an immediate shutdown of 80% of the world's energy?   Those that do are indeed extreme fools.

Most "greenies" are advocating for a transition to cleaner energy.

That transition is underway, perhaps not as rapidly as some would wish.  My personal estimate is that we will still be using fossil fuels for 20% of the world's energy (as measured by today's per capita consumption of BTU's) by 2050.  But..that's just me.

"The stone age ended, not for the lack of stone..."

Edited by turbguy
  • Upvote 3
  • Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

2 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

You are again running away from your own position, shutting down the energy supply by 80% is a certain recipe for widespread human death.

No, I do not expect you to respond, you never do.

My stated position said nothing of getting rid of 80% of energy or AC.  We can use other sources of energy and we will still have AC.

Feel free to find where I wrote what you claim and quote it.

Lastly, you don't answer questions and I respond to you plenty.

Once again, what forms of pollution would you allow to be restricted?  You seem to promote all forms of pollution.

Poison from fossil fuels already causes widespread death.  Ever heard of cancer?  Much of it is from carcinogen exposure from fossil fuels.

fossil fuels.jpg

fossil fules 2.jpg

Edited by TailingsPond
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

Mark my words, the day of reckoning is approaching.

Still waiting on you to say what day that will be and what will happen.

Pretty hard to "mark your words" with no prediction.  

"Someday soon, something will happen" is of zero value.

(edited)

17 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

Your answer is a mile short of any science...no surprise.

When 80% of the energy supply is shut down, the world will descend into chaos and you can join the struggle for existence or fall by the wayside...enjoy.

I never said shut down 80 percent of the energy supply overnight .... 

But you are implying that yourself....

When 80% of the energy supply is shut down, the world will descend into chaos????

yep the world would be in chaos if that happened overnight

are you scared??? seems to be you are very worried ....maybe we can get you some help so you do not go off the deep end.as it seems you are suffering from paranoid delusions 

How does that sound.......getting you some mental health help?????

Now Reality

is anyone advocating the shut down of 80 percent of the energy supply overnight  or in the matter of a few years??? nope

so keep this in mind 

if 80 percent of the energy supply is transitioned  over a 40 or 50 year period will their the world descend into Chaos????

the answer is no........

That is the path that world is set  on

It is obvious that you  can not handle small changes in your life... as it is obvious that you freak out when the thought that your clunker world will not exist 40 years from now

Be rest assured no one else is freaking out with the transition of the energy supply or the demise of your beloved  clunkers  in the next 40 to 50 years except you

Do be scared, we are here to help you through your crisis...... and we will keep pointing out that your paranoid delusions are just in your head.......

Edited by notsonice

Ecochump, please take note the world is not going to get rid of 80 percent of the worlds energy supply tonight and descend into chaos....as you seem to think might happen

the plan ,to reduce fossil fuels use, calls   for “transitioning away from fossil fuels in energy systems, in a just, orderly and equitable manner, accelerating action in this critical decade.” and is scheduled to take place over the next 50 years with net zero by 2050

Enjoy the read, that I posted below, and try to pull yourself together.......no one is trying to take your clunker away from you..... and if you like you can be with your clunker for eternity  ...as many cemeteries will , for a price , bury you in anything you like, even in your rusty clunker
Dec 11, 2013  YES, YOU CAN! ... More than a few people have requested in their Last Will and Testament to be buried in their beloved car. In one instance, ...

and for sanity the 2050 plan to reduce fossil fuel use

At COP28, nations agree to transition away from fossil fuels and reach world net zero carbon emissions by 2050.Dec 13, 2023

(edited)

Ahhhh.. Air Conditioning.  Not used much in Wyoming.

Before Congress got air conditioning (in the 1920's), hot, humid Washington was empty from mid-June to September.

Now, Congress can spend lots more time working on, as the New York Times columnist Russell Baker once put it:

“… the promulgation of more laws, the depredations of lobbyists, the hatching of new schemes for Federal expansion and, of course, the cost of maintaining a government running at full blast.”

BLAME AC!

Edited by turbguy

7 hours ago, turbguy said:

Who is advocating an immediate shutdown of 80% of the world's energy?   Those that do are indeed extreme fools.

Most "greenies" are advocating for a transition to cleaner energy.

That transition is underway, perhaps not as rapidly as some would wish.  My personal estimate is that we will still be using fossil fuels for 20% of the world's energy (as measured by today's per capita consumption of BTU's) by 2050.  But..that's just me.

"The stone age ended, not for the lack of stone..."

What you are suggesting is a very rapid transition which would bring disaster.

Remember, over 99% of the transportation industry is now fossil fuel, and that will not change quickly without major and costly infrastructure upgrades beyond the financial capacity of current governments.

The "transition" is a pipe dream.

6 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

My stated position said nothing of getting rid of 80% of energy or AC.  We can use other sources of energy and we will still have AC.

Feel free to find where I wrote what you claim and quote it.

Lastly, you don't answer questions and I respond to you plenty.

Once again, what forms of pollution would you allow to be restricted?  You seem to promote all forms of pollution.

Poison from fossil fuels already causes widespread death.  Ever heard of cancer?  Much of it is from carcinogen exposure from fossil fuels.

fossil fuels.jpg

fossil fules 2.jpg

Pollution has declined in drastic fashion in the past three decades in spite of a rapid increase in fossil fuel usage...your proposition is groundless.

Your epidemiological data is not convincing, you need to show the relationship between CO2 and climate change, between fossil fuel toxic emissions and illness (in other words does disease decline when fossil fuel toxic emissions decline?).

If fossil fuel toxic emissions are related to population illnesses, we should be seeing a drastic decline of those illnesses right now as the emissions have declined.

Just blabbing away without any supporting data makes your position look plain foolish.

• Downvote 1

(edited)

6 hours ago, notsonice said:

I never said shut down 80 percent of the energy supply overnight .... 

But you are implying that yourself....

When 80% of the energy supply is shut down, the world will descend into chaos????

yep the world would be in chaos if that happened overnight

are you scared??? seems to be you are very worried ....maybe we can get you some help so you do not go off the deep end.as it seems you are suffering from paranoid delusions 

How does that sound.......getting you some mental health help?????

Now Reality

is anyone advocating the shut down of 80 percent of the energy supply overnight  or in the matter of a few years??? nope

so keep this in mind 

if 80 percent of the energy supply is transitioned  over a 40 or 50 year period will their the world descend into Chaos????

the answer is no........

That is the path that world is set  on

It is obvious that you  can not handle small changes in your life... as it is obvious that you freak out when the thought that your clunker world will not exist 40 years from now

Be rest assured no one else is freaking out with the transition of the energy supply or the demise of your beloved  clunkers  in the next 40 to 50 years except you

Do be scared, we are here to help you through your crisis...... and we will keep pointing out that your paranoid delusions are just in your head.......

Shutting down 80% of the world energy supply by 2050 is recipe for killing billions of people.

I guess Biden is not able to take that in, but I expect more from a younger brain.

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Haha 1

(edited)

7 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

Pollution has declined in drastic fashion in the past three decades in spite of a rapid increase in fossil fuel usage.

That is just not true.

Show me environmental sampling data showing improvement in toxic metrics.  To be extra clear I do not want to see emission data.  I want to see actual improvements in the environment. 

Do you have some fantasy that if you reduce the rate of pollution production the environmental levels immediately start to go down drastically?

I could try to explain this to you with calculus but I doubt you would understand. 

Try to conceptualize a 100,000L reservoir that has been receiving 1000L/ day of contaminated water at 100mg/L of toxic pollution from a factory.  The reservoir is well mixed and discharges also equals 1000L/day.  After many years of operation the reservoir stabilizes at 12mg/L of the toxin.

The local government says 12mg/L of toxin in the reservoir is unacceptable and sets a 5mg/L regulatory goal.  In response to this regulatory change the factory improves its process and its effluent is now improved by 40% (60mg/L in the effluent instead of 100mg/L). 

Answer how long you think it will take the reservoir to reach the 5mg/L goal with this 40% reduction in pollution?  If ever.

Edited by TailingsPond

19 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Shutting down 80% of the world energy supply by 2050 is recipe for killing billions of people.

Nobody said that.  Try to read a little bit.

6 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

Still waiting on you to say what day that will be and what will happen.

Pretty hard to "mark your words" with no prediction.  

"Someday soon, something will happen" is of zero value.

Did you see the Prez last night? Looks like the day of doom is coming for some politicians faster than we thought.

1 minute ago, TailingsPond said:

Nobody said that.  Try to read a little bit.

That is what is being said. Unless words have lost their meaning.