JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

11 hours ago, notsonice said:

Booming oil demand and yet today

Citi Forecasts Oil Price Drop to $60s by 2025

By Tsvetana Paraskova - Jun 22, 2024, 6:00 PM CDT

Did you actually read the article? Citi has always been bearish on year out forcasts and has been wrong 95%+ every year. 

Personally 62 a bbl is still profitable, and would be less of a burden for the folks who do drive 20-30 miles each way to work.

Oil will keep increasing year on year bpd consumed. Go ahead and keep screaming oil is going to run out and in long after we are gone it probably will run out. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

Did you actually read the article? Citi has always been bearish on year out forcasts and has been wrong 95%+ every year. 

Personally 62 a bbl is still profitable, and would be less of a burden for the folks who do drive 20-30 miles each way to work.

Oil will keep increasing year on year bpd consumed. Go ahead and keep screaming oil is going to run out and in long after we are gone it probably will run out. 

Yes I read the article and with China demand cratering right now....I believe CITI is correct

$60 oil ....2025 ... an oversupplied market.... that exists right now and all OPEC can do is to hold back production to prop up the price.....

Demand is going nowhere fast

Citi has always been bearish on year out forcasts and has been wrong 95%+ every year. ????

I will take CITIs analysis over your pull it of your ass forecast

and your comment....Go ahead and keep screaming oil is going to run out????

WTF are you babbling about now.....you are senile

now go ahead an crawl back into your safe space old man.......unless you have some facts to back up your usual BS

• Citi is one of the most prominent bears among major banks, expecting oil to drop into the $70s range later this year.
  • Citi sees oil trading in the $60s range in 2025.
  • Citi sees lower prices as they expect inventories to build in the fourth quarter of 2024.

Enjoy the collapse in Oil...China stockpiling 1 million BPD right now, Who knows if Chinesse traders are stuck into long term purchase contracts.....Only a matter of time when China storage is maxed out and then????????????? either OPEC has to cut again ...ha ha ha ... they will cheat on each other to no end..... or the world is in an oil glut and at the same time EV sales in China are booming............

as they expect inventories to build in the fourth quarter of 2024...which is already happening now in China

Love it watch the oil lovers drowning in oversupply and no  new buyers to jump in

2024 ...Oil demand growing over 2023...a pipe-dream at this point...and 2025   back to  100 million BPD 

EV sales in China over 60 percent of the market in 2025.........The days of increasing oil demand out of China are gone for good......OPEC will cut production again at $60 oil........or open up the taps and try to kill US shale again in 2025........$50 oil in 2025 is very realistic no matter what games OPEC tries to play

.Hope to see Russia economy collapsing  with little oil revenue and no Nat gas sales

here is reality once again the ...their is no boom in demand and the future is more EVs and less ICE clunkers..

Enjoy the clean air

Global oil demand breakdown - Thunder Said Energy

3 minutes ago, notsonice said:

• Citi is one of the most prominent bears among major banks, expecting oil to drop into the $70s range later this year.
  • Citi sees oil trading in the $60s range in 2025.
  • Citi sees lower prices as they expect inventories to build in the fourth quarter of 2024.

Enjoy the collapse in Oil...China stockpiling 1 million BPD right now, Who knows if Chinesse traders are stuck into long term purchase contracts.....Only a matter of time when China storage is maxed out and then????????????? either OPEC has to cut again ...ha ha ha ... they will cheat on each other to no end..... or the world is in an oil glut and at the same time EV sales in China are booming............

as they expect inventories to build in the fourth quarter of 2024...which is already happening now in China

Love it watch the oil lovers drowning in oversupply and no  new buyers to jump in

2024 ...Oil demand growing over 2023...a pipe-dream at this point...and 2025   back to  100 million BPD 

EV sales in China over 60 percent of the market in 2025.........The days of increasing oil demand out of China are gone for good......OPEC will cut production again at $60 oil........or open up the taps and try to kill US shale again in 2025........$50 oil in 2025 is very realistic no matter what games OPEC tries to play

.Hope to see Russia economy collapsing  with little oil revenue and no Nat gas sales

here is reality once again the ...their is no boom in demand and the future is more EVs and less ICE clunkers..

Enjoy the clean air

Global oil demand breakdown - Thunder Said Energy

Citi Bank sucks at predictions. I'd go with JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs predictions!! EV's will not take over ICE vehicles in the next 30 years. You keep smoking that crap, your anger issues and name calling shows everyone on here what an ass you are. Get some counseling notsonice, which your moniker aptly applies to your demeaner. By the way, I am not that old, been in business 34 years and plan for another 10. My employees would tell you I am far from senility!!

• Upvote 1

(edited)

2 hours ago, notsonice said:

Read. Learn.

Demand for oil is soaring into the stratosphere.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/American-Jet-Fuel-Finally-Sees-Covid-Rebound.html

"Last week, U.S. refiners produced 1.9 million barrels per day of jet fuel, good for 8% Y/Y growth and the highest weekly total since January 2020.

U.S. jet fuel demand is already setting new records, with the four-week average jet fuel demand of 1.75 million bpd over the last week the highest for this time of the year since 2019.

According to Geneva-based International Air Transport Association (IATA), the vast majority of metrics point to a strong rebound in global passenger air travel."

Edited by Ecocharger

(edited)

43 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

"U.S. jet fuel demand is already setting new records, with the four-week average jet fuel demand of 1.75 million bpd over the last week the highest for this time of the year since 2019."

You mean the 2019 levels?  Not really "stratospheric" growth.

Edited by TailingsPond
  • Upvote 1

TerraPower
Nuclear power company

Bye Bye coal, Bye Bye natural gas.  Bill Gates saves the day again.  I only wish it was publicly traded.

23 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

You mean the 2019 levels?  Not really "stratospheric" growth.

23 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

Read. Learn.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/American-Jet-Fuel-Finally-Sees-Covid-Rebound.html

"Last week, U.S. refiners produced 1.9 million barrels per day of jet fuel, good for 8% Y/Y growth and the highest weekly total since January 2020.

U.S. jet fuel demand is already setting new records, with the four-week average jet fuel demand of 1.75 million bpd over the last week the highest for this time of the year since 2019.

According to Geneva-based International Air Transport Association (IATA), the vast majority of metrics point to a strong rebound in global passenger air travel."

U.S. jet fuel demand is already setting new records, with the four-week average jet fuel demand of 1.75 million bpd?????

for four weeks...Huh for the entire year of 1999 it was an average of 1.74 million BPD and for the entire year of 2019 it was and average of 1.744 million BPD and your getting excited about 4 weeks in the middle the peak travel season. A peak compared to whole year averages. You sure do get your rocks off on nothing burgers...so exactly what is the new record???

Read the graph...and you want a trophy for maybe third or fourth place????? I bet you, your parents told you were a smart kid...Newsflash, your parents were lying to you.

USA - Jet fuel consumption - historical chart - 1980-2022

image.jpeg.aafb39aea2867c2d51be11d0128cb143.jpeg

• Upvote 1

pesky EVs and solar panels

Gasoline Demand Has a Long-Term Structural Problem in the United States...

In 2023, gasoline consumption was where it had been 20 years ago, even as miles driven eked out a record, on more efficient ICE vehicles and the shift to EVs.

Mar 7, 2024  Gasoline consumption is determined by miles driven, which eked out a record in 2023, the growing efficiency of gasoline-powered vehicles , including hybrids, and the large-scale transition to EVs (the #2 bestselling model in the US in 2023 was an EV).

On 6/20/2024 at 11:00 PM, Ecocharger said:

It is rather arrogant to attempt to impose external values on some other country. Especially if we insist on consuming increasing amounts of fossil fuels ourselves while trying to prevent others from using them

I thought you posted that USA and Europe Co2 emissions were falling sharply???

That is the opposite of saying they are using more fossil fuels!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, notsonice said:
pesky EVs and solar panels

In 2023, gasoline consumption was where it had been 20 years ago, even as miles driven eked out a record, on more efficient ICE vehicles and the shift to EVs.

Mar 7, 2024  Gasoline consumption is determined by miles driven, which eked out a record in 2023, the growing efficiency of gasoline-powered vehicles , including hybrids, and the large-scale transition to EVs (the #2 bestselling model in the US in 2023 was an EV).

WTF you babbling about now? Your oblivious to the real world economics of ICE vs EV's! Unfortunately for you and your woke crowd on here, folks are having buyers remorse on EV's and want to switch back to ICE. Imagine that. 

Nearly half of American EV owners want to switch back to a gas-powered vehicle, McKinsey data shows | Fox Business

• Upvote 1

(edited)

11 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

I thought you posted that USA and Europe Co2 emissions were falling sharply???

That is the opposite of saying they are using more fossil fuels!

No, it isn't. Technology changes, fossil fuel cars are emitting less pollution and CO2...unlike some ideologues.

EVs are moving into the trashcan so it appears that increased demand for fossil fuels will continue even as CO2 emissions fall.

EVs are big money losers for manufacturers.

https://www.drive.com.au/news/car-makers-losing-6000-on-every-electric-car-they-sell-report/

"Car manufacturers are losing $6000 on every electric car they sell, according to a new report from the United States.

In the US last year, many car firms predicted a 70 per cent sales growth based on sales virtually doubling from 2020 to 2022, however growth in fact only reached around 50 per cent in 2023.In Australia meanwhile, in 2023 of the roughly 1.2 million vehicles sold, 7.2 per cent were battery-electric.

The average price of an electric car locally in 2023 was thought to be around $AU86,000."

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

WTF you babbling about now? Your oblivious to the real world economics of ICE vs EV's! Unfortunately for you and your woke crowd on here, folks are having buyers remorse on EV's and want to switch back to ICE. Imagine that. 

Nearly half of American EV owners want to switch back to a gas-powered vehicle, McKinsey data shows | Fox Business

you do not understand the article I posted.....you need to take your meds old man. 

You do not like .....Gasoline Demand Has a Long-Term Structural Problem in the United States????

ha ha ha .......to F...ing bad old man

Oil demand peaked years ago in the US. And you call it Woke....

I really do enjoy it when old shits like yourself get bent out of shape and start babbling whenever someone posts something that does not fit your 1960's Archie Bunker mentality......

Enjoy the Green Agenda.........hope they put a few windmills and solar farms in your backyard........

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

Dump your clunker and save a life.....

Electricity generation and transportation are the two most polluting sectors and pollution is responsible for killing hundreds of people a year in Illinois. 

https://www.iqair.com/us/usa/illinois

image.jpeg.9ec4c910e3ed4061e1ae4e9748f9e5a3.jpeg
Air pollution is harmful to Illinois residents' health and quality of life. Exposure to pollutants such as ozone and PM2. 5 is associated with an increased ...

What are the sources of air pollution in Illinois?

Cars, trucks, and buses are a significant source of air pollution in Illinois, with air pollution from vehicles affecting everyone. Additionally, there are over 5 million people living in Cook County, which includes Chicago, all of whom experience air pollution from transportation that is amongst the worst in the nation.

How does Illinois rank in the air pollution stakes?

The American Lung Association publishes annual reports about the air quality in most states in the US. The report released in January 2019 ranked Chicago as the 18th most polluted city when considering the levels of ozone (O3). This is actually worse because during the previous year it was ranked as 22nd. The report concluded that Chicago was subject to 14 days when ozone levels were too high to be accepted. The average for the previous year was 9.8 unhealthy days!

The increase in ozone production is mainly due to an increase in the number of vehicles using the roads and the rise in temperature which produces hotter weather. The three years of 2015 - 2017 were recorded as being the hottest on record.

The other airborne pollutant which is monitored is PM2.5 which consists of soot or tiny particles that come from coal-fired power stations, vehicle emissions, wildfires and wood-burning devices. It is noteworthy that, unlike ozone, PM2.5 concentrations are on the decline due to stricter emission controls and the phasing out of some coal-fired power stations.

Electricity generation and transportation are the two most polluting sectors and pollution is responsible for killing hundreds of people a year in Illinois. What is needed is a transition to clean renewable power sources such as wind and solar, whilst promoting the use of electric cars, buses and transport that eliminates pollution in Illinois.

• Upvote 1

Old-Ruffneck when you talk bad to me you make me aroused.  Want to hook up.  I will let you massage my saggy muffins.

• Haha 1

notsonice I lived in N. Chicago for one year.  Air Pollution was Hell on earth.  Lake Michigan was amazing.  YOu could catch salmon of the piers but if you ate them you would grow at least three testicles, male or female.  I unfortunately did eat them.  Now I have 4 of them growing off my back and can't sit strait with a chair with a back, or sleep on my back, or take off my shirt at the beach.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, notsonice said:

you do not understand the article I posted.....you need to take your meds old man. 

You do not like .....Gasoline Demand Has a Long-Term Structural Problem in the United States????

ha ha ha .......to F...ing bad old man

Oil demand peaked years ago in the US. And you call it Woke....

I really do enjoy it when old shits like yourself get bent out of shape and start babbling whenever someone posts something that does not fit your 1960's Archie Bunker mentality......

Enjoy the Green Agenda.........hope they put a few windmills and solar farms in your backyard........

Oil is hot and getting hotter.

Warren Buffett knows where the future lies, in oil!

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Why-Big-Investors-Are-Doubling-Down-Right-Now-on-Oil-Gas-Stocks.html

"In the current month through June 17, Berkshire Hathaway deployed $434.8 million into Occidental Petroleum, adding to its already huge position.

David Tepper and Carlos Slim are also making major bets on major energy names.

Last year Buffett opened a $4.1 billion position in Chevron."

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Why-Big-Investors-Are-Doubling-Down-Right-Now-on-Oil-Gas-Stocks.html

"In the current month through June 17, Berkshire Hathaway deployed $434.8 million into Occidental Petroleum, adding to its already huge position.

Last year Buffett opened a $4.1 billion position in Chevron.

Notice no investment in US coal. :)

Also, they are buying into a "fearful market" aka discount shares.

Furthermore, the author uses terms like "double down" and "making major bets" suggesting this is gambling on the market. 

"Berkshire Hathaway has always operated on Buffett’s famous mantra of buying when the market is fearful and selling when it gets greedy."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ecocharger said:

Last year Buffett opened a $4.1 billion position in Chevron."

Oil is hot and getting hotter.???? yawn

not on the consumption side....maybe when you light it on fire it gets hot...........

You were all hot on $100 oil this year...right in line with the dimwits at Goldman Sachs...How is your hot Oil bet working out for you???  did you go long and snap up a bunch of futures....You must be making a killing on that HOT HOT $100 oil call

Reality Oil demand sucks as your beloved brothers in China just are not making your HOT HOT oil market dreams come true

Peak Oil happened in China in 2023 and now....EVS are taking over in China.....and you thought no one will buy EVs as you keep repeating the market for them has crashed......

I like when you make predictions and go with dimwitted companies like GS......all one has to do is bet the opposite of your calls as you are always wrong and thus the opposite of anything you are babbling is right..........

Enjoy the Green Agenda.........

Oil prices will hit $100 a barrel in 2024, Goldman Sachs ...

Sep 28, 2023  Oil prices could tread as high as $100 a barrel in 2024, Goldman Sachs' Jeff Currie said. The outgoing commodities chief pointed to demand ...

and remember you were all hot on $130 oil during the summer of 2022 ... Based on the Goldman Sachs call ...how did that one work out for you???
Aug 11, 2022  The price of retail gasoline just dipped below $4 per gallon, AAA data showed on Thursday, but prices could rise to $5 per gallon by the end 

image.png

2 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

Notice no investment in US coal. :)

Also, they are buying into a "fearful market" aka discount shares.

Furthermore, the author uses terms like "double down" and "making major bets" suggesting this is gambling on the market. 

"Berkshire Hathaway has always operated on Buffett’s famous mantra of buying when the market is fearful and selling when it gets greedy."

If I had a nickel's worth of Buffett's hunch power I would now be resigned from blogging and just sit around drinking lemonades.

The man oozes hunch power. The losers and slow-witted analysts are betting against him.

That tells me everything I need to know.

(edited)

1 hour ago, notsonice said:

Oil is hot and getting hotter.???? yawn

not on the consumption side....maybe when you light it on fire it gets hot...........

You were all hot on $100 oil this year...right in line with the dimwits at Goldman Sachs...How is your hot Oil bet working out for you???  did you go long and snap up a bunch of futures....You must be making a killing on that HOT HOT $100 oil call

Reality Oil demand sucks as your beloved brothers in China just are not making your HOT HOT oil market dreams come true

Peak Oil happened in China in 2023 and now....EVS are taking over in China.....and you thought no one will buy EVs as you keep repeating the market for them has crashed......

I like when you make predictions and go with dimwitted companies like GS......all one has to do is bet the opposite of your calls as you are always wrong and thus the opposite of anything you are babbling is right..........

Enjoy the Green Agenda.........

Oil prices will hit $100 a barrel in 2024, Goldman Sachs ...

Sep 28, 2023  Oil prices could tread as high as $100 a barrel in 2024, Goldman Sachs' Jeff Currie said. The outgoing commodities chief pointed to demand ...

and remember you were all hot on $130 oil during the summer of 2022 ... Based on the Goldman Sachs call ...how did that one work out for you???
Aug 11, 2022  The price of retail gasoline just dipped below $4 per gallon, AAA data showed on Thursday, but prices could rise to $5 per gallon by the end 

image.png

Let me respond to your superficial babble with some sound analysis, courtesy of some actual market analysts.

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/StanChart-Eyes-Strong-Q3-Fundamentals-for-Oil-Price-Rally.html

"Since reaching a low point after June 2, Brent crude has rallied by over $9 per barrel, and analysts at Standard Chartered now believe that “with the Q3 supply deficit only partially mitigated by the start of OPEC+ production increases in Q4, we could be looking at a supply deficit beginning in August."

“The increase in demand towards its seasonal peak is the key driver of supply deficits of over 2 million barrels per day in both August and September. We do not expect the market to swing back into surplus in Q4 despite the seasonal fall in demand and increases in OPEC+ output,”"

"...many cartel members need Brent to trade closer to $90 to balance their budgets." 

“From an investor perspective, the crude oil market continues to yield a better return than what the change in the spot price is indicating,” Hansen wrote, noting that WTI spot month futures were trading up around 14% year-to-date."

I guess you just never learned how to analyze the most basic of markets. But then, I would not expect you to.

Edited by Ecocharger

14 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

No, it isn't. Technology changes, fossil fuel cars are emitting less pollution and CO2...unlike some ideologues.

EVs are moving into the trashcan so it appears that increased demand for fossil fuels will continue even as CO2 emissions fall.

EVs are big money losers for manufacturers.

https://www.drive.com.au/news/car-makers-losing-6000-on-every-electric-car-they-sell-report/

"Car manufacturers are losing $6000 on every electric car they sell, according to a new report from the United States.

In the US last year, many car firms predicted a 70 per cent sales growth based on sales virtually doubling from 2020 to 2022, however growth in fact only reached around 50 per cent in 2023.In Australia meanwhile, in 2023 of the roughly 1.2 million vehicles sold, 7.2 per cent were battery-electric.

The average price of an electric car locally in 2023 was thought to be around $AU86,000."

Do you read what you post? "however growth in fact only reached around 50 per cent in 2023" and yet you keep spouting how EV sales are "cratering", thats a fantastic growth rate!

As Notsonice and myself have been telling you over and over again you can buy a perfectly good EV for less than $19K from Dacia or better yet one for $10K from Byd providing your government doesnt put huge import duties onto those vehicles.

Do you want to pay more for an ICE vehicle that is a like for like model? Pay more for fueling that vehicle? Pay more for maintenance? etc etc. These new EV's are for the masses and provide better value for money! Economics wins every time Eco. If you can save money compared to an equivalent on any product then you go with the best deal, thats a fact unless youre retarded. Byd and Dacia arent losing money and yet they can make these vehicles! Maybe those old fashioned US manufacturers need to take a long hard look at their costs and processes and catch up the competition!

"Dacia realized a total revenue of US$6.2 billion worldwide, while the total market revenue amounted to US$1.7 trillion in 2022. The largest passenger cars segment, SUVs, accounted for 38% of Dacia's revenue in 2022."

"According to the company's annual report, BYD generated revenue of 602.32 billion yuan in 2023, an increase of 42.04 percent year on year. Its research and development expenses amounted to 39.58 billion yuan in 2023, up 112.15 percent year on year."

• Upvote 1