JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

(edited)

4 hours ago, notsonice said:

from the chart global 2023 barely beat 2019... a dead cat bounce as China reopened up after COVID in 2023..........

overall coal is flat since 2019 ..............peak coal

China 2024 and their energy consuming industries are in a major recession

2024 and the total coal consumption for Steel and Cement combined (real Estate depression) is down in China 

expected overall Coal  consumption in China in 2024 will be down due to hydro and solar and wind...increasing at over 20 percent each with the declines in steel/cement

2025 more of the same their real estate economy is in a depression........hydro solar wind and now battery storage and pumped storage up sharply 

China is on a path of long term coal decreases now.......

only the slow one Ecochump wants more coal use........he is not so bright

No, 2023 looks well above 2019 on this chart. 

People need coal, it will continue to happen.

Edited by Ecocharger

(edited)

7 hours ago, notsonice said:

future of oil demand is secure and strong....

Luddite not according to the experts........

Brent is at $76 plus change and falling and the Chinese are cutting their use even as their economy is growing at 4 to 5 %

Oil is looking very strong and getting stronger, I guess you missed the larger picture, as usual.

Here are the new outlooks, which are based on the type of forecasting I gave you and which you refused to accept. I guess you need some more upgraded input into your mental feedstock. Moo!

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/EIA-Raises-2024-Forecast-For-US-Crude-Oil-Demand.html

"Globally, the EIA left its total world consumption of crude oil and liquid fuels unchanged at 102.9 million bpd for 2024, revising its 2025 global fuels consumption slightly downward to 104.5 million bpd from 104.7 million bpd. These figures represent growth of 1.1 million bpd this year, and 1.6 million bpd next year. "

"While prices have been recently on a downward trend and the full-year 2024 guidance has been reduced, the EIA continues to expect crude oil prices to rise in the second half of 2024. The Brent spot price ended July at $81 per barrel, the EIA said, but averaged $85 per barrel for the month. The EIA sees Brent returning to between $85 per barrel and $90 per barrel by the end of the year. 

The EIA sees these prices rising as we head into the latter part of the year on the back of crude oil inventories decreasing by 800,000 bpd in the second half."

Edited by Ecocharger

2 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

Most of the world depends on coal...I guess that simple fact has escaped your limited attention range.

The crappy parts of the world?

Do you want to live like them?  Why do you want to emulate China?

Do you not agree the OECD countries live better lives in general?

Answer something terrorist.

5 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

Every time you advocate coal use you advocate millions of people suffering respiratory disease and death.

Why do you want this? there are alternatives, even NG!

Are you a sociopath?

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

Oil is looking very strong and getting stronger, I guess you missed the larger picture, as usual.

Here are the new outlooks, which are based on the type of forecasting I gave you and which you refused to accept. I guess you need some more upgraded input into your mental feedstock. Moo!

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/EIA-Raises-2024-Forecast-For-US-Crude-Oil-Demand.html

"Globally, the EIA left its total world consumption of crude oil and liquid fuels unchanged at 102.9 million bpd for 2024, revising its 2025 global fuels consumption slightly downward to 104.5 million bpd from 104.7 million bpd. These figures represent growth of 1.1 million bpd this year, and 1.6 million bpd next year. "

"While prices have been recently on a downward trend and the full-year 2024 guidance has been reduced, the EIA continues to expect crude oil prices to rise in the second half of 2024. The Brent spot price ended July at $81 per barrel, the EIA said, but averaged $85 per barrel for the month. The EIA sees Brent returning to between $85 per barrel and $90 per barrel by the end of the year. 

The EIA sees these prices rising as we head into the latter part of the year on the back of crude oil inventories decreasing by 800,000 bpd in the second half."

Bwahaha

Oil Prices Dip as Inventory Build Counters Supply Worry

Oil Prices Dip as Inventory Build Counters Supply Worry | OilPrice.com

Eco keep posting "oil is strong and getting stronger" it makes me laugh every day!

If demand was strong then the price wouldnt be falling now would it? I'm sure with your excellent college degree in economics even you can work that one out for yourself!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

2023 looks well above 2019 on this chart. ?????

1 percent is well above in your book??????

for an underachiever such as your self 1 percent above must be something real big................for everyone else 1 % in 4 years is a nothing burger......

and your beloved China?????????

the only thing that is expanding in their economy today is Solar and Wind farms

Coal is doomed......

Enjoy the Green Agenda..............Clean air is better than you stinky Coal fumes

Coal Consumption

(edited)

On 8/7/2024 at 3:49 AM, Rob Plant said:

Bwahaha

Oil Prices Dip as Inventory Build Counters Supply Worry

Oil Prices Dip as Inventory Build Counters Supply Worry | OilPrice.com

Eco keep posting "oil is strong and getting stronger" it makes me laugh every day!

If demand was strong then the price wouldnt be falling now would it? I'm sure with your excellent college degree in economics even you can work that one out for yourself!

I guess you lack a university degree in Economics? Judging from your posts...

Anyway, yes, oil prices move day to day, it's like focusing on weather rather than climate for you to get excited about daily patterns...oil prices bounced up again today.

With the collapse of EV sales and increase in fossil fuel car sales demand for oil and gasoline going forward looks healthy indeed.

German EV sales just fell off the cliff.

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

I guess you lack a university degree in Economics? Judging from your posts...

Anyway, yes, oil prices move day to day, it's like focusing on weather rather than climate for you to get excited about daily patterns...oil prices bounced up again today.

With the collapse of EV sales and increase in fossil fuel car sales demand for oil and gasoline going forward looks healthy indeed.

German EV sales just fell off the cliff.

Please keep it up, it brightens my day!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

The President and Vice-President are prime candidates for the title of Most Emissive Carbon Person of the year.

Another case of "Do as I say, not as I do."

In other words, transportation is for the rich, not for the poor. According to the climate alarmists.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Taylor-Swifts-Colossal-Carbon-Footprint.html

"Estimating the exact amount of jet fuel consumed by Taylor Swift is a complex task, as it depends on various factors like flight distances, aircraft types, and passenger numbers. However, data from flight tracking platforms and news reports offer a glimpse into her jet-setting habits.  

In 2022 alone, Swift's private jet was reported to have taken 170 flights, accumulating over 22,000 minutes in the air. 

This translates to roughly 16 days spent airborne. 

To put this in perspective, the average American's annual carbon footprint from flying is estimated to be around 0.8 tons of CO2. Swift's flights in a single year are estimated to have produced over 8,000 tons of CO2.

The 8,000 tons of CO2 emitted by Taylor’s jet are relatively limited compared to the emissions of U.S. President Joe Biden’s Airforce One which emitted nearly a metric ton in single trip to attend a climate change summit in Glasgow and Italy."

• Haha 1

(edited)

19 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Please keep it up, it brightens my day!

You enjoy reading about the demise of German EV sales? Okay, Rob, I will keep you informed of the unfolding disaster in European EV sales.

My pleasure.

Oh, and by the way, oil prices moved up again today. Looking good, even with Saudi Arabia and Russia producing oil above their quota, the market absorbed it and still oil inventories continued to fall.

That's what happens when you are selling a product in heavy demand. Unlike EVs.

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Haha 2

(edited)

13 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

The President and Vice-President are prime candidates for the title of Most Emissive Carbon Person of the year.

You don't care about CO2, remember?

Only when you think it will help you manipulate US politics do you care.   China CO2 good, GOP CO2 good, Democrat CO2 bad.

Traitor.

T. Swift and politicians travel for work...  trump's private plane is fine by you I'm sure.

Attacking successful women is a real classy GOP move.  However, you are right to fear Swift - she has lots of fans who will listen to her opinion, unlike you.

Edited by TailingsPond

1 hour ago, TailingsPond said:

You don't care about CO2, remember?

Only when you think it will help you manipulate US politics do you care.   China CO2 good, GOP CO2 good, Democrat CO2 bad.

Traitor.

T. Swift and politicians travel for work...  trump's private plane is fine by you I'm sure.

Attacking successful women is a real classy GOP move.  However, you are right to fear Swift - she has lots of fans who will listen to her opinion, unlike you.

You missed the point yet again...in case you did not know, the current climate policies are driven by fear of CO2, so pointing out the absurdity of current policy is a fair game.

• Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

3 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

You missed the point yet again...in case you did not know, the current climate policies are driven by fear of CO2, so pointing out the absurdity of current policy is a fair game.

You fail to understand the green revolution is global.  Foreign attempts to manipulate the US elections will not stop the global change in attitudes.

You can't cry hypocrisy when you yourself are not self-consistent.  "China burning coal is good, Taylor swift burning jet fuel is bad." 

If you had a clue you would realize T. Swift is making huge amounts of money for the USA.  If she was a GOP member you would praise her success and fuel usage.

"I have the best planes.  Nobody tours more than me.  You should see it, such a beautiful plane.  I have the best crew.  Some say it is better than air force one.  It's true.  It's true.  I fly higher and faster than anyone. So high, so high."

Edited by TailingsPond
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

Looking good, even with Saudi Arabia and Russia producing oil above their quota, the market absorbed it and still oil inventories continued to fall.

"Above their quota" you say?  You routinely say there are no production cuts or creation of artificial scarcity.  Oil prices will crash if the floodgates open...

Manipulated supply, false inventory numbers, fake "demand."

• Haha 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

15 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

"Above their quota" you say?  You routinely say there are no production cuts or creation of artificial scarcity.  Oil prices will crash if the floodgates open...

The "EIA" is at best guessing actual production and usage, where-as the "API" that isn't goverment numbers, are most likely the most accurate. Look at the past 6 months of weekly reports and you'll see some major differences between the two reporting entities. 

Open the floodgate? Sour crude of about 330 million barrels needs to refill the "SPR" that Biden drained. When he did that is made a weeks worth of slight prices decreases. The Man is a fool for ordering the release of over half the reserves. Should have been impeached. China is also building massive storage reserves. So if the floodgates open, and oil drops to 55 a barrel, we can resume faster refilling. Our reserves are Sour crude to match the Southern refineries. So if you have proof of false inventory numbers and "fake demand" please share with us your vast knowledge of the numbers. 

Edited by Old-Ruffneck
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

On 8/10/2024 at 5:37 PM, TailingsPond said:

You sure missed that one. The quotas were broken and still inventories declined due to hot demand.

Looks good.

I will take off tomorrow like  Taylor Swift and enjoy high fossil fuel usage. 

I will study California and see where the disaster happened with that pitiful state. Will report on the solutions when returned.

They need new leadership.

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

2 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

You sure missed that one. The quotas were broken and still inventories declined due to hot demand.

You are forgetting the parts where you say there are no oil production cuts.  You said that oil prices are due to supply and demand, not market manipulation.  A restriction in production is a form of artificial scarcity.

Just try to be self consistent. I could find and quote your posts saying as much but why bother.  You know you wrote that stuff.

• Like 1

(edited)

2 minutes ago, TailingsPond said:

You are forgetting the parts where you say there are no oil production cuts.  You said that oil prices are due to supply and demand, not market manipulation.  A restriction in production is a form of artificial scarcity.

Just try to be self consistent. I could find and quote your posts saying as much but why bother.  You know you wrote that stuff.

You missed it again, amazing. The Russians and Saudis produced above their quotas and the increased output was still taken up and inventories declined due to strong demand. 

I guess you have trouble digesting that one.

Anyway, I am now off on a special trip to diagnose the issues dragging California down, so long for now.I expect that you will be still stuck in your usual rut when I return.

Edited by Ecocharger

16 hours ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

The "EIA" is at best guessing actual production and usage, where-as the "API" that isn't goverment numbers, are most likely the most accurate. Look at the past 6 months of weekly reports and you'll see some major differences between the two reporting entities. 

Open the floodgate? Sour crude of about 330 million barrels needs to refill the "SPR" that Biden drained. When he did that is made a weeks worth of slight prices decreases. The Man is a fool for ordering the release of over half the reserves. Should have been impeached. China is also building massive storage reserves. So if the floodgates open, and oil drops to 55 a barrel, we can resume faster refilling. Our reserves are Sour crude to match the Southern refineries. So if you have proof of false inventory numbers and "fake demand" please share with us your vast knowledge of the numbers. 

I didn't list any inventory amounts.  I was just pointing out that eco has repeatedly said there are no production cuts.

Do you think all the producers are going full tilt?  You know they are not, therefore is it coordinated market manipulation. 

(edited)

2 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

You missed it again, amazing. The Russians and Saudis produced above their quotas and the increased output was still taken up and inventories declined due to strong demand. 

I guess you have trouble digesting that one.

You have repeatedly said there are no production cuts.  Now you are referencing the production cuts and saying Russia and the Saudis are overproducing (as dictated by the agreed upon cuts).

Edited by TailingsPond

10 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

I didn't list any inventory amounts.  I was just pointing out that eco has repeatedly said there are no production cuts.

Do you think all the producers are going full tilt?  You know they are not, therefore is it coordinated market manipulation. 

No, the producers aren't going full tilt. Would be like getting in your car and going petal to the metal and expect it to survive. You'd get half-life out of the machine. Same as oil production. While the Saudis cut back, the US gains more production. As other producing countries. Right now the world is producing a bit more than is being consumed but soon it'll reverse. The alleged recessions of China and USA are probably true given trucking is down alot, but for how long? 

Yet oil is back up again as I type this to 78.31 WTI  and Brent is 80.82...... go figure why???

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

Yet oil is back up again as I type this to 78.31 WTI  and Brent is 80.82...... go figure why???

Political instability.  Wars run on oil, I understand that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TailingsPond said:

Political instability.  Wars run on oil, I understand that. 

WTI 79.66    Brent 82.30   In a week we have seen a crazy market. Lot of short sellers cashing in and making some money. Political Instability where? Iran and Israel?  Too many US deployed planes, subs, destroyers etc.... Iran isn't stupid. It would be obliterated in 3 days or less. That isn't a war really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

WTI 79.66    Brent 82.30   In a week we have seen a crazy market. Lot of short sellers cashing in and making some money. Political Instability where? Iran and Israel?  Too many US deployed planes, subs, destroyers etc.... Iran isn't stupid. It would be obliterated in 3 days or less. That isn't a war really.

You don't need an actual war, just uncertainty.  Nations stockpile their strategic reserves when under threat. 

Even without real war all those deployed planes, etc. are using lots of fuel just posturing and getting in position.  A single "training exercise" must use an enormous amount of energy.