JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

2 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Youre now talking production levels when we were talking sales!

Why cant you ever stick to what we are talking about?

If manufacturing plants are converting their factories from ICE production to EV production as your article states then what does that tell you Mr.Economist??? Doesnt it say clearly the disruption to business as usual will mean a decline in general production, but the bigger picture means they are moving away from producing ICE vehicle and moving toward producing EV's!

Thanks for totally ruining your own argument, glad to see you finally agree with me old man.

Your comment is on a par with Footinmouth's grand tunnel scheme 🤣

I guess you failed the general intelligence test again...in fact, there was no evidence in that article that the reduction in the output of EVs is related to anything  in the "transition", but rather a failure in the plans to make a transition.

That sop about changing the production equipment is clearly that, a sop. There is nothing to support it.

What you have there is a failure of EV sales, pure and simple, very much in line with the French and German loss of sales volume and the increase in sales of fossil fuel vehicles.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

I guess you failed the general intelligence test again...in fact, there was no evidence in that article that the reduction in the output of EVs is related to anything  in the "transition", but rather a failure in the plans to make a transition.

That sop about changing the production equipment is clearly that, a sop. There is nothing to support it.

What you have there is a failure of EV sales, pure and simple, very much in line with the French and German loss of sales volume and the increase in sales of fossil fuel vehicles.

I think you are referring to news such as this that was literally posted today on Sky news web site:-

Electric car production falls despite looming 2035 combustion engine deadline

Electric car production falls despite looming 2035 combustion engine deadline | Business News | Sky News

The fact remains car manufacturers in the UK despite admittedly weakening demand are spending hundreds of millions to adapt their plants to accommodate EV car production!

So for you to say this "there was no evidence in that article that the reduction in the output of EVs is related to anything  in the "transition", but rather a failure in the plans to make a transition." is clearly utter BS.

Clearly there are plans and clear evidence that production output is temporarily decreasing whilst builds and retrofits such as this are happening!

I'm afraid once again Eco you couldnt be more wrong if you tried.

Keep it up though youre highly entertaining.

• Haha 1

On 9/26/2024 at 11:18 AM, Rob Plant said:

I think you are referring to news such as this that was literally posted today on Sky news web site:-

Electric car production falls despite looming 2035 combustion engine deadline

Electric car production falls despite looming 2035 combustion engine deadline | Business News | Sky News

The fact remains car manufacturers in the UK despite admittedly weakening demand are spending hundreds of millions to adapt their plants to accommodate EV car production!

So for you to say this "there was no evidence in that article that the reduction in the output of EVs is related to anything  in the "transition", but rather a failure in the plans to make a transition." is clearly utter BS.

Clearly there are plans and clear evidence that production output is temporarily decreasing whilst builds and retrofits such as this are happening!

I'm afraid once again Eco you couldnt be more wrong if you tried.

Keep it up though youre highly entertaining.

I guess you missed the fact that auto manufacturers in the EU are pleading with Brussels to withdraw or eliminate the planned phaseouts of fossil fuel cars?

You should get up to date.

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Major-Automakers-Returning-to-Gasoline-Cars-as-EV-Demand-Slows.html

"Major carmakers in the U.S. and Europe are scaling back production of electric vehicles amid overcapacity and are rethinking their ambitious EV sales goals.

EV demand has visibly softened over the past year, leaving legacy automakers in the U.S., Germany, and France struggling with an overcapacity of their EV models as they realize that the transition to fully electrified transportation will be taking longer than they thought.

Carmakers in the U.S., Germany, and France are currently producing EVs at levels of about 40%-45% below earlier expectations, the chief executive of French auto parts supplier OPmobility told Bloomberg on Tuesday."

"At the same time, hybrid vehicle sales have accelerated and may exceed forecasts, Goldman Sachs noted.

Automakers have bet on hybrids amid the slowing EV demand.

Ford Motor Company, for example, said earlier this year it is delaying the planned rollout of some of its next-generation EVs as it is expanding hybrid vehicle offerings, in the latest sign that consumer uptake of EVs has slowed down.

More recently, Porsche watered down on Monday its goal to have EVs account for 80% of all sales by 2030, saying this would depend on the market, and that “The transition to electric cars is taking longer than we thought five years ago.”  "

(edited)

7 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

How is that OXY stock you like trending?

Told ya.

https://www.google.com/finance/quote/OXY:NYSE?window=6M

Well, yes, you guys are in real trouble trying to pedal those EVs to an unwilling market.

Tough luck, buddy. I am still hoping that you will survive this anti-transition....

https://www.acea.auto/pc-registrations/new-car-registrations-18-3-in-august-2024-bev-market-share-down-by-almost-one-third/

"In August 2024, new EU car registrations saw a sharp decrease (-18.3%) with negative results across the region’s four major markets: double-digit losses were witnessed in Germany (-27.8%), France (-24.3%), and Italy (-13.4%), with the Spanish market declining by 6.5%."

"In August 2024, registrations of battery-electric (BEV) cars dropped by 43.9% to 92,627 units (compared to 165,204 the same period last year), with their total market share slipping to 14.4% from 21% a year before. This was driven by the spectacular drop in the two biggest markets for BEV cars: Germany (-68.8%) and France (-33.1%). From January to August, 902,011 new battery-electric cars were registered, representing 12.6% of the market."

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Haha 1

(edited)

11 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Well, yes, you guys are in real trouble trying to pedal those EVs to an unwilling market.

How is a petroleum company stock losing >20% of its value in just 6 months bad news for EV cars?

How am I part of "you guys" in trouble? And where is the trouble?  Tesla is up >40% in last 6 months.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=Tesla+stock

One again for the slow learners, the oil company Eco lauded is down a lot, the EV company he hates is up a lot.

https://www.google.com/finance/quote/OXY:NYSE?window=6M

Take ownership of your predictions.  Accept that you suck at this.

Edited by TailingsPond
  • Haha 1

(edited)

20 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

I guess you missed the fact that auto manufacturers in the EU are pleading with Brussels to withdraw or eliminate the planned phaseouts of fossil fuel cars

They can cry all they want.  Let me know when they change the plan.

Edited by TailingsPond

(edited)

11 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

They can cry all they want.  Let me know when they change the plan.

The change in plans is already being cried out for by the auto makers.

The people who are still pushing the "transition" have not yet given up the fight, but they will eventually have to do just that.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/UK-Car-Factories-Gear-Up-for-Electric-Shift.ht

"Battery electric, plug-in hybrid and hybrid production for the month fell by 25 per cent but the SMMT said the decline is expected to be reversed as new models come onstream.

Production for the domestic market fell by almost 20% while exports were down by 5.9%."

"Mike Hawes, SMMT chief executive, said:
“Realising those investments and securing more depends on the UK industry maintaining its competitiveness so we look forward both to the Chancellor’s autumn budget and the Government’s proposed Industrial Strategy as critical opportunities to demonstrate that it backs auto.”"

In other words, "HELP! We need HELP!"
Edited by Ecocharger