(edited)

Edited by Roch
  • Upvote 1

The owners and players are cashing in, Just like Hollywood who’s biggest investments for funding is China! And if you’re smart enough to kiss China’s ASS, The human rights violatior country will make you Rich! Just look how many Actors do Commercials of IN CHINA ONLY use! These are all greedy pricks that shoot off their mouths in the United States but kiss China’s Ass!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, RichieRich216 said:

The owners and players are cashing in, Just like Hollywood who’s biggest investments for funding is China! And if you’re smart enough to kiss China’s ASS, The human rights violatior country will make you Rich! Just look how many Actors do Commercials of IN CHINA ONLY use! These are all greedy pricks that shoot off their mouths in the United States but kiss China’s Ass!

This is why we are the strongest nation on earth -- we make money from all sides, while putting sanctions against other countries.

Money talks, BS walks. 

(edited)

9 hours ago, Roch said:

One would intuitively think that the Covid lock downs with more people staying home and watching more TV the NBA ratings would be up.  However, it is just the opposite. 

Some believe that the reason has something to do with the league becoming increasingly political. 

Apparently the Major League Baseball is taking a similar approach with China.  Promote the game in the mainland while not mentioning human rights abuses.

Will these trends continue ?

The majority of owners of Major League sports are owned by Republicans. Let’s be honest. Republicans care more about the money than Chinese human rights. Many Republicans voters are so ideological driven they have given up watching professional sports because the players themselves support Black Lives Matter, fighting against police violence and the obvious racism Trump champions. 
Of course I grew up playing sports and watch all of them. I am a true American, no ones messing with my apple pie or my ball game. The more I think about it the more Republicans act like the Chinese government.

Edited by Boat

You should not lump any one group by the few, if so by that means every piece of shit Democrat are Freedom Ending bottom feeders....

(edited)

7 hours ago, Boat said:

The majority of owners of Major League sports are owned by Republicans. Let’s be honest. Republicans care more about the money than Chinese human rights. Many Republicans voters are so ideological driven they have given up watching professional sports because the players themselves support Black Lives Matter, fighting against police violence and the obvious racism Trump champions. 
Of course I grew up playing sports and watch all of them. I am a true American, no ones messing with my apple pie or my ball game. The more I think about it the more Republicans act like the Chinese government.

Sure, both Democrats and Republicans sell out for  $$$.  Why do you have to bring party into the discussion.  Trump bad.  Biden good.  

Biden Corporation has built great family wealth working with the CCP. 

The two MLB owners I know of are very Democrat. Lebron James just invested a couple of hundred million in the Reason ownership group.

So you support Investment in CCP Companies at the expense of the Uighers ?  A real humanitarian.

Take a vacation from your hate.

Edited by Roch
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Roch said:

Sure, both Democrats and Republicans sell out for  $$$.  Why do you have to bring party into the discussion.  Trump bad.  Biden good.  

Biden Corporation has built great family wealth working with the CCP. 

The two MLB owners I know of are very Democrat. Lebron James just invested a couple of hundred million in the Reason ownership group.

So you support Investment in CCP Companies at the expense of the Uighers ?  A real humanitarian.

Take a vacation from your hate.

You also have to wonder how the players proudly wear "America is racist" and "Black Lives Matter" on their uniforms and plaster BLM across the courts in the NBA, yet go to China and scurry around in fear of being either thrown out of the country or if China really gets serious will throw them into camps in Xinjiang if they say, like Daryl Morey of the Houston Rockets "I support Hong Kong and the pro-democracy protests"!  Uh oh, he swiftly got backlash from the CCP and one of the other Rockets "stars"  sent out the following in reply to Morey's apology.  BTW, Morey's apology came fast and furious and you gotta wonder why they don't just move to China.  But, oh wait, it's the money stupid, which in the long run may not be worth it.  Not at all.

"We apologize," Rockets star James Harden said in Japan on Monday. "We love China. We love playing there. I know for both of us individually we go there once or twice a year. They show us the most support and love. So we appreciate them as a fan base and we love everything they're about and we appreciate the support that they give us individually and as an organization."

• Upvote 1

(edited)

I happen to be a historian on asylum cases built on alleged human rights abuses in China, having worked on such matters a long time ago. Do you know FBI's Operation Fiction Writer? When Falun Gong and the One-Child Policy were the "hot" topics 20 years ago, one law firm alone was responsible for 3,500 asylum cases (involving 13,500 asylees from China) on fictitious stories of persecution made up by the lawyers. Before that, there was Robert Porges, who won 7,000 asylum cases based on similar abuse stories in China (that's ~21K asylees) and was busted as another mill producing completely made-up stories.  At the time, the immigration judges believed the fakes so wholeheartedly that the real asylum applicants were advised to alter their real stories to follow the fakes!

These were the only law firms/lawyers who got caught, but the issue was much bigger and concerned far more law firms.  A typical asylum application would require, in addition to a detailed story, evidentiary support such as arrest/prison records, pictures of abuse, etc. There was a community in NYC that would prepare the whole package for you.  Again, at the time if you show up with a real prison record from China, the immigration judge would think it is fake because it differs from the fakes that were so prevalent. 

By the numbers, the fakes should have accounted for most of the granted cases (to Chinese) in those respective years.  More importantly, the fake stories have ended up in Congressional Reports and have been cited (more like harvested) as facts in Congressional hearings.  My boss at the time had the pleasure of discussing one such matter with an elected official before the official was to speak at a hearing, and was basically told that it does not matter if one particular story is accurate or not, as long as the story has the potential to be true. 

I have no insight into the current "hot" topic of Uighur issues, other than being told in passing by a friend that there is now again a sudden increase in asylum applications from China based on the Uighur abuses. I have become so jaded that I don't automatically believe any asylum stories anymore, even if they are supported by full sets of prison records and abuse pictures, vetted by the media, approved by an immigration judge, cited by a Senator, and recorded permanently in our Congressional Reports.

As to we making money from the Chinese, that is just great, because the opposite, which is the equivalent of us putting a sanction on ourselves against making money from China, would make our nation much weaker. 

Edited by PTakacs