Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
turbguy

This is why pipelines have bad press.

3 hours ago, turbguy said:

While not exactly a huge spill, this does not paint the petroleum industry in good light.

https://apnews.com/article/environment-and-nature-california-wildlife-wetlands-oil-spills-05cbeb962f42ae50590715fb3546d56c

You think by now we would have figured out how to keep this kind of thing from happening, but I guess not...

I'm sure Ron will agree that all the pipelines need to be shut down and stress tested until they can be proven to be failure proof.

4 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

I'm sure Ron will agree that all the pipelines need to be shut down and stress tested until they can be proven to be failure proof.

Forty years old.  Used to be the magic time for  pipelines to start to leak. Wonder if all the safety tests abe current or if like ExxonModil Pegasus had been deferred for accounting reasons.

A Pipeline there Huntington Beach and those LA Port is a very high risk. When there is a fire at Longbeach Port you will view till San Diego and way up to the North. Those Pipeline must be protected and make a special zone "no shipping route".

Watch this push up the price of oil even more. 

On 10/3/2021 at 6:05 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

I'm sure that you will agree that all EVs must be shut down until they stop catching on fire.