TN

Al Gore says: "…a lot of these fossil fuel assets are going to be worthless.”

7 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

If you let the AI drive you get a perfect score.

And a much shorter life expectancy

• Haha 1

(edited)

7 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

;And a much shorter life expectancy

Quite the contrary. In fact the NTSB just closed another of the big cases finding the driver at fault not the AI:https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/us-ntsb-closes-probe-into-fatal-tesla-2020-california-crash-2021-11-16/

Edited by Jay McKinsey

1 minute ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Quite the contrary. In fact the NTSB just closed another of the big cases finding the driver at fault not the AI:https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/us-ntsb-closes-probe-into-fatal-tesla-2020-california-crash-2021-11-16/

Call me old fashioned but I trust myself more than AI until AI driving is mainstream and proven to be safer when most cars are self driving.

Once that is proven then I will be happy to go along with it as there are many idiots on the road, including drink drivers and drug drivers.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

13 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

A guy at work has a Tesla, he refuses to use the "self driving" as he says when he tried it on a country lane it repeatedly swerved into the middle of the road as it thought it was going to crash into the side of the road (which it wasnt). If you have ever been to rural parts of the UK you will know how scary and dangerous this could be.

Long long way to go before this is "usable" in many locations.

Edited by Rob Plant
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Boat said:

Elon Musk is making China, Russia, Facebook and other surveillance labeled entities look weak and ineffective. He will track if you accelerate to fast or decelerate to fast. Was your swerve to abrupt? Your driving will be electronically rated and scored. This score will determine your cost of insurance. If your a poor driver you will be kicked out the pool and sent to live/pay with other poor drivers. Here comes the machine to control your lives. Risk= cost.

My GMC has the similar capabilities, which I can access on their website, then I can request/authorize it be shared with Insurance Providers during quoting of coverage/premiums.

• Upvote 1

On 11/15/2021 at 9:22 PM, turbguy said:

Proof?

How does one count such creatures over that vast an area??

Drone surveillance?

Infrared satellites?

Either number is probably just a guess...

They follow herds with airplanes and have many ways to keep track of wildlife species. This has been done for decades with wildlife. That is how they figure out how many of a given species can be taken by hunters. Nothing new. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ronwagn said:

They follow herds with airplanes and have many ways to keep track of wildlife species. This has been done for decades with wildlife. That is how they figure out how many of a given species can be taken by hunters. Nothing new. 

Do you realize how vast that area is?  How far it is from airports and fuel sources?

(edited)

22 hours ago, turbguy said:

Do you realize how vast that area is?  How far it is from airports and fuel sources?

You would be surprised to learn that airplanes comb all those areas because there are people scattered all around those areas. They need to be supplied by aircraft. Unfortunately IMHO wolves are even shot from aircraft because they are predators of many types of wildlife. 

Small refueling stations exist in far off spots for that need. 

Edited by ronwagn
add
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/8/2021 at 7:34 PM, Tom Nolan said:

Climate Trace Technology

Watch:
Al Gore’s Latest ‘Solution’ To Climate Change Is Mass Surveillance

(9 minute Video)
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/watch-al-gores-latest-solution-climate-change-mass-surveillance

Al Gore says:
“We get data consistently from 300 existing satellites, more than 11,000 ground-based, air-based, sea-based sensors, multiple internet data streams and using artificial intelligence.
All that information is combined, visible light, infrared, all of the other information that is brought in, and we can now accurately determine where the greenhouse gas emissions are coming from.

And next year we’ll have it down to the level of every single power plant, refinery, every large ship, every plane, every waste dump, and we’ll have the identities of the people who are responsible for each of those greenhouse gas emission streams…

…a lot of these fossil fuel assets are going to be worthless.”

Al's "Information Superhighway" has to come online first.

On 11/16/2021 at 4:22 AM, turbguy said:

Proof?

How does one count such creatures over that vast an area??

Drone surveillance?

Infrared satellites?

Either number is probably just a guess...

They find you. (or your trash, at least)

• Haha 1

On 11/16/2021 at 8:02 PM, RichieRich216 said:

Sure, Al, You have pushed both fairy tales since 2000; it Has not stopped you from flying around the world halking the first time of world will end with everyone frozen; fast forward to NOW, we are all going to melt.

Your mansion is the least carbon footprint within 15 country miles of it. You are a real ass clown making millions since losing by a hanging chad! 

Your relevancy on anything Global Warming is just pure bullshit. Lastly, your fat ass is not from not eating meat!

https://www.climatedepot.com/2017/08/02/report-al-gores-home-energy-use-surges-up-to-34-times-the-national-average/

Al Gore: Net worth, House, Car, Salary, Single & Family ...

Hypocrisy on parade - AlGore's house boat on display ...

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

On 11/17/2021 at 2:57 AM, Rob Plant said:

A guy at work has a Tesla, he refuses to use the "self driving" as he says when he tried it on a country lane it repeatedly swerved into the middle of the road as it thought it was going to crash into the side of the road (which it wasnt). If you have ever been to rural parts of the UK you will know how scary and dangerous this could be.

Long long way to go before this is "usable" in many locations.

Every country and state has country roads, are they ignored by Tesla? 

On 11/17/2021 at 8:54 AM, turbguy said:

My GMC has the similar capabilities, which I can access on their website, then I can request/authorize it be shared with Insurance Providers during quoting of coverage/premiums.

Who knows what our "black boxes" in our cars capabilities are? I have heard rumors they can be controlled remotely.