31 minutes ago, Starschy said:

Simple, Housing very weak isolation. US can't compete with a Japanese home from  1650 in Kyoto. Grotesk. Second Car consumption at least 3-4 Litre above Europe, Japan, Korea Car manufacturer. Third very weak public Transport System. Most based on Oil, Schoolbuses, Diesel Railway.

And at last America doesn't care about Energie consumption. Technological stone age.

Comparing US homes with Japanese? That's a very odd comparison. You do realize that Japanese homes tend to be valueless over time, right?

https://www.rethinktokyo.com/2018/06/06/depreciate-limited-life-span-japanese-home/1527843245

I agree that transportation systems in the US can be better.

However, in the last 20 years, they have gotten better, particularly in cities. Nowhere near as good as in Europe or Asia though.

58 minutes ago, Starschy said:

Simple, Housing very weak isolation. US can't compete with a Japanese home from  1650 in Kyoto. Grotesk. Second Car consumption at least 3-4 Litre above Europe, Japan, Korea Car manufacturer. Third very weak public Transport System. Most based on Oil, Schoolbuses, Diesel Railway.

And at last America doesn't care about Energie consumption. Technological stone age.

Shows what you know - you have overestimated us :) .  We have close to zero public transportation based on diesel railways.  Railways in the US are freight only, except for a tiny volume of subsidized government trains through the amtrack program.  They are responsible for something like 0.1% of personal travel, or maybe less. 

Our fuel is generally cheap, and readily available.  The capital expense with respect to home insulation or automotive efficiency simply isn't worth it for us.  You can in many cases literally heat a home more cheaply than you can insulate it here. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Eric Gagen said:

I live on the western side of Houston, and I have to say that Tesla's are easily one of the most popular new vehicles in this area.  If I had to make a guess based on the analysis from the Mark 1 eyeball,  I would say that over the last 2 or 3 years that 5-10% of all new car sales in this area have been Tesla's.  The grocery store by my house also has a supercharger station, and you can go by any time and there are people getting fueled up over there, often long distance travelers (you can tell by the out of state plates, luggage, etc.) There are 15-20 charging stalls, and at any given time 5-6 on average are occupied.  When I had to run to the store the weekend after Christmas ALL of them were occupied, obviously by people topping up before heading home after Christmas.  Not only were all the cars charging, but the grassy area nearby was filled with kids, dogs and grandparents playing with their new Christmas presents, while the adults were grabbing starbucks and snacks for the trip home.    

Define western Houston. When I first came to Houston Loop 610 was complete from TC Jester to South Post Oak and then ended just east over the then Southern Pacific  railroad tracks. US 59 dead ended at Fondern Road west of that was out in the country not annexed yet. And if you wanted to go to Richmond/ Rosenberg you went out South Main.  Gessner was the last exit with subdivisions.   Do you live out by Katy or Cat Spring?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nsdp said:

Define western Houston. When I first came to Houston Loop 610 was complete from TC Jester to South Post Oak and then ended just east over the then Southern Pacific  railroad tracks. US 59 dead ended at Fondern Road west of that was out in the country not annexed yet. And if you wanted to go to Richmond/ Rosenberg you went out South Main.  Gessner was the last exit with subdivisions.   Do you live out by Katy or Cat Spring?

I live in the city limits of Katy. I would define western Houston as west of the western edge of 610. 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 1:36 AM, Starschy said:

3 - 4 L more consumption per car might be simply due to the fact that 2/3 of  Americans are likely overweight or obese...... :oO.o

image.png.3e3dc71222233a68e4fead364561615b.png

More over, car seats sometimes, might not be able to sustain heavy weight for too long..... One might need to change car so frequently before the seats are no longer comfortable.......... We need an excuse right? e.g. larger cylinder with more burner required to provide more power;   faster speed vs dragging sensation.......... etc.... etc which means more fuel required, no?............. :|

Interesting reply thanks for the update!