eh

How cheap Chinese tires might explain Russia's 'stalled' 40-mile-long military convoy in Ukraine

On 4/15/2022 at 7:34 AM, SUZNV said:

a) Logic fallacy: Putin and Russia is two separate entities. Proof? Russia and Russians exists before Putin and maybe after, with or without Putin.

b)  What do you mean by "You" in your statement? USA or myself? If you have a deep knowledge of history of Europe and even the World, we are in the longest peaceful time since the end of WW2 with US emerged as top super power, starting as a former British colony. The world has never been this booming in economy, technology, population and living standard, whether you like it or not, US protect the trading route and ensure the peaceful Europe and relatively the World. Point to me a better most powerful country in history that give the world that in the entire history.

c) What atrocity are you talking about with Zelensky? Assume that he has, how do you compare his with Putin's?

d) After WW2, it is US helped Germany and Japan to rebuild the economy, outsources jobs and sharing technologies because they are US allies in the Cold War. And after that Taiwan, Korea, China etc.... Since WW2 until now, most US allies can save a lots in defense and guarding sea trading route which lead to the greatest globalization. Did US ask any country pay tribute for the protection? Do you think France, England would let Germany united into one country without the US after that many big  wars between them? In exchange of what? Complaining from the world politicians blame US for their failures in governing their own countries when things go wrong to make their citizens feeling proud that they dare to bash the US?

2&3 Please, enlighten me with a better system, another role model for the Western Countries to follow? Pakistan? India? Russia? China? Precisely which leader are you singing for and his government system.  Countless economies boomed for decades, let along 3 years, and then their economies collapsed with chaos. Venezuela, Argentina, Siri Lanka etc. How long does it take for Lee Kwan Yew to lay the foundation Singapore? Any country can  shine within 3 years maybe simply the sank too low for a starting point. Just like Vietnam before 1990. 

Stop projecting your personal opinions on others subjectively. Give evidences, solutions, or at least examples to prove your point. I make it super easy for you to just answer my questions. That is how civilized debate works otherwise we are getting nowhere so we should stop wasting each other time, "for the greater good". 

so, you admitted, it is for nuclear and resources of that region you give them the mess.

2. 'you' means you personally, not USA. Your personal interest has weighed above national interest. You are with a few friends, of course. Could you be with the same group that manipulated the outcome of the past US election so obviously; backing Ze nonsensical acts; removing Imran Khan; endangering innocents (for what? hiding your act that you have begged much money of others secretly or openly? Or enlarging this act by rampaging at will with friends?) etc............ What do you expect to change with these? Or if these are just out of personal milestone on what you can do with the right amount of money, right friends and influence? 😡

3. not sure if this info from a discussion board is correct but reposting here for reference: owing to the money owed to the US by those countries helped by the US that they do not want to pay, internal country administrative system in the US is messed up.

4. Guess what is appropriate to you and friends right now might be to provide Ukraine with nuclear weapon so that they can be on par with Russia, yes?

On 4/13/2022 at 9:59 AM, SUZNV said:

I don't judge the book by its cover. Why would Ukraine common citizens be risking their lives &enduring hardship for an oligarchy regime? I believe the oligarchs were fighting each other and as a result Russia got back Crimea. The People of Ukraine are the judge of their system and are fighting for their future. Their opinions and actions matter. Our opinions and Western/Russia's mainstream don't matter. 

Why?  Oligarchs can be removed.  To remove them, you must have a country first.  A country not ruled by another faction of Oligarchs far far far away who wish to use you as slaves as you are the minority. 

(edited)

Zelenski is a puppet of oligarch Ihor Kolomoiski

Today neoconservativs are ready to fight Ukrainian War to last Ukrainian in order to finally separate Europe economically from Russia.

Sanctions on Russia energy resources is economic suicide for European Union. You will have European Union fully dependent on US hegemony who can't compete economically with Asia especially China fueled on cheaper Russia oil and gas.

I would like to remember you once more that Zeleński come to power to achieve peace with Russia.  All he get is full destruction of Ukraine.

Don't forget about weapon fueled to Ukraine. Its distributed freely through whole population. Sooner of later you will find all these weapons all over Europe just like after War in Yougoslavia. You get not only guns and riffles but MANPADS and JAVELINS.

In not to distant future some people might be able to strike to planes in Europe

Why not when Ukrainian is most corrupt country in Europe? They will sell all these weapons on black market after the war or even now.

Edited by Tomasz
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

(edited)

49 minutes ago, Tomasz said:

Zelenski is a puppet of oligarch Ihor Kolomoiski

I thought they de-kolomoiskied things:

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/05/14/ukraine-set-for-imf-support-after-approving-anti-kolomoisky-banking-law-a70274

I suspect due to the need to reform to EU standards and meet IMF and US requirements, Zelenskyy and the current government will have a wide berth to continue to reform things once the war is over and things need to be rebuilt. 

Edited by surrept33

Zelensky will say now everything for air time man. Time to sit at the table and stop this war instead of provoking.

America wants another long-term war in Europe.

Europe will comply because Europe is broke , massive amounts of money will flow into America strengthening the weak American economy and making a fortune for the military industrial complex and BlackRock and vanguard.

Europeans are stupid and can't see how they've been played by the USA.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

On 4/17/2022 at 11:20 AM, specinho said:

so, you admitted, it is for nuclear and resources of that region you give them the mess.

2. 'you' means you personally, not USA. Your personal interest has weighed above national interest. You are with a few friends, of course. Could you be with the same group that manipulated the outcome of the past US election so obviously; backing Ze nonsensical acts; removing Imran Khan; endangering innocents (for what? hiding your act that you have begged much money of others secretly or openly? Or enlarging this act by rampaging at will with friends?) etc............ What do you expect to change with these? Or if these are just out of personal milestone on what you can do with the right amount of money, right friends and influence? 😡

3. not sure if this info from a discussion board is correct but reposting here for reference: owing to the money owed to the US by those countries helped by the US that they do not want to pay, internal country administrative system in the US is messed up.

4. Guess what is appropriate to you and friends right now might be to provide Ukraine with nuclear weapon so that they can be on par with Russia, yes?

I am curious are you a teenager or something? Must be at a very young to have the habit of putting words in other's mouth than argue with these words to win the conversation and save your ego and you are full of conspiracy theory filled with US hate that is popular among Communism/Former Communisms or Communisms friendly countries.  Not something new to me, as I grew up in one and grew out of these later on when I understand more about macro economics, politics and geopolitics. 

1 Ukraine is even not top 10 of the list of huge uranium reserve countries. Western Countries has been moving away from nuclear energy last few years and and Ukraine depends heavily in that and that is how they have lots of mining but still nothing compares to Australia. The money US spent in Ukraine, Afghan is much much more than benefiting any resources in these countries. For example: Afghan GDP is only 20 billion and US spent 2 trillions USD for their resources? US want the resources are the fundamental stupidity of conspiracy theory. 

2 I don't know what the hex you are talking about. For the election I voted for Trump and Imran Khan just lost the election this year, more than 1 years later.  As I proved there were no miracle around Imran Khan but inflating the money and pay for foreign debt. Not something particularly unusual in developing countries and not economically sustainable.

3 Are you talking about China? They lent out lots of USD to Pakistan, sri lanka and many Central Asia and African countries for Belt and Roads projects and they certainly cannot pay back since covid19 interruption. Facts:

a) Most countries borrow money or issue loan denominated in USD, not in their currency. Nothing have to do with the US government or  Federal Bank which in charge for monetary policy inside US only.

b) US Government is the largest borrower of USD, in the form of issuing GOV treasuries. Traditionally any country who receive USD from exporting to the US will buy US Treasury bonds but China loaned  out this USD to others with their collateral as renting agreement if they couldn't pay back with Cash. For example :Gwadar Port had to rent out to China for 40 years because they couldn't pay back the debt. Part of the rent will be use to pay for the debt.

The rare time US Gov lending money was in WW2 to Allies, even the USSR and later  Marshal plan to rebuild Western Europe after WW2. These were paid. The only way US Gov have a chance to bankrupt a country is by sanctioning both in the SWIFT and trading routes.

Ask yourself the question: Did US pressure Pakistan Gov to borrow USD from China and then rent out the port to China>? Stop blaming US for whatever going wrong with your politicians or election.  You cannot make an informed decision in any election with these conspiracy theory US blaming in your head and if a majority of your country men think like this, no chance your country to thrive in the  future, even in a democracy with a fair election. 

You are simply victim of the election kool aid and conspiracy theory. You only hear what you want to hear and that is how you interpret everything I said  wrongly, projected them back to me and then accusing me with that. Read more history or geopolitics or economic books in English may help you more than watching your country's mainstream TV or newspaper. Don't let they do all the thinking for you and learn to take responsibility for  your decision, not blaming around. 

Edited by SUZNV
  • Great Response! 1

(edited)

22 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Why?  Oligarchs can be removed.  To remove them, you must have a country first.  A country not ruled by another faction of Oligarchs far far far away who wish to use you as slaves as you are the minority. 

They were removed already. They fought each others and lost Crimea which weaken themselves and the people voted for Zelensky, a non career politician. And now with Russia invasion, they running away with anything they can and their investment & establishment would be destroyed in the war.  As long as Ukraine identity can survive the war, the old structure reset and it is unlikely that they will get another  oligarchy system. 

Edited by SUZNV
  • Great Response! 1

33 minutes ago, SUZNV said:

They were removed already. They fought each others and lost Crimea which weaken themselves and the people voted for Zelensky, a non career politician. And now with Russia invasion, they running away with anything they can and their investment & establishment would be destroyed in the war.  As long as Ukraine identity can survive the war, the old structure reset and it is unlikely that they will get another  oligarchy system. 

WTH?   Zelensky JAILED the opposition....  Nothing democratic about Z.  He is just another Oligarch, and my comment stands.  You have to have a country first before one worries about removing the authoritarians. 

• Like 2

(edited)

21 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

WTH?   Zelensky JAILED the opposition....  Nothing democratic about Z.  He is just another Oligarch, and my comment stands.  You have to have a country first before one worries about removing the authoritarians. 

I don't quite understand the implication behind your comment. Most country wouldn't be able to afford democracy during war time on their land. Democracy would only develop after the war. As long as the war is going on, Ukrainians still have their country. I guess we agree in this matter?

About Zelensky is the oligarch before the war, I cannot see anything support that. Yes he can be rich but what exactly his monopoly industry so he can pocket his people money before becoming presidents? Yes he may be considered rich among common Ukrainians but what national industry that his own company dominated? 

All I know is he was elected in 2019, as a result of people fed up with the oligarchs. He is kind of a populous and power grab using his banner of anti oligarchs and by Western Media's expectation, he didn't do enough and attacking his political opponents. I read media for info, but I view things differently:

1 To think that he came to power , has  no political base  but the popular votes and follow a lengthy democracy process of removing the old establishment right  away without damaging the growing/recovering economy is Media delusion about democracy.  The oligarchs will simply collapse the economy and he would be voted out in next election as people will  prefer oligarchy come back over unemployment. He may be going  to jail right after that. Just look at how long for it take for XI to reform and consolidate power to be a life time dictator, and how many eastern Europe countries after the Cold War can reform successfully and have a truly democracy and economy booming?

2  Who are these oligarch business 's foreign partners? Don't they benefit from these oligarch corruption? Do Foreign Media do a constructive criticism or simply trying to put their business partners come back ASAP to not interrupting business?

The war destroyed everything above. Ukraine is now doesn't have an industry to save and the oligarchs partners accepted that everything changes. Unemployment is not an immediate issue and the establishment collapses. This is much easier to reform compares to the after Cold War era (After 80 years under communism, the one who understand how capitalism works have a chance to be oligarch while most the people got use to expect everything is free and capitalism would add their benefit on top). . 

Zelensky, if he survived the war, would be a president in war and has all the power and support he need. Then Ukraine has a chance to reform.  Zelensky may choose to reform the economy, build democracy foundation from scratch, enforce by joining EU requirements.  It is unlikely he can choose to be dictator for life or form new oligarchy regime because it won't attract good foreign investment and no excuse to the Ukraine people. They would vote him out in next election.  

Edited by SUZNV
  • Great Response! 1

On 4/13/2022 at 12:18 AM, Tomasz said:

Let me explain to you plainly because it seems you dont really understand whats going on in Ukraine.

Ukraine is not at all any people demogracy but classic oligarchy. I would say its really classic example of oligarchy.

So only the most powerful oligarchs really rule in Ukraine.

And these oligarchs sometimes hired themselves as an employee to manage the country and to negotiate various settlements how to rule the country between them Mr. Zelensky as a nominal president of this country.

This doesnt not really change the fact that he's not in real charge in Ukraine.

This is because oligarchs have been really ruling Ukraine for last 30 years and this is a huge tragedy for Ukraine. Its because oligarchy is probably the worst kind of goverment for any country development you could imagine.

They decide about everything and sometime clash with each other

If they dont agree at all there might be a clash or even revolution. So we had Maidan I and Maidan II and various minor  internal crises you well not informed.

In much less severe way you could say the some about Russia. The big difference is that althougt Russia is also an oligarchy in Russia Kremlin and Putin is the real power not the oligarchs themselves and thats the main difference.

Arguably, there is also the Western remote control since 2014, which gives Ze some breathing room.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2022 at 4:28 PM, SUZNV said:

I don't quite understand the implication behind your comment. Most country wouldn't be able to afford democracy during war time on their land. Democracy would only develop after the war. As long as the war is going on, Ukrainians still have their country. I guess we agree in this matter?

About Zelensky is the oligarch before the war, I cannot see anything support that. Yes he can be rich but what exactly his monopoly industry so he can pocket his people money before becoming presidents? Yes he may be considered rich among common Ukrainians but what national industry that his own company dominated? 

All I know is he was elected in 2019, as a result of people fed up with the oligarchs. He is kind of a populous and power grab using his banner of anti oligarchs and by Western Media's expectation, he didn't do enough and attacking his political opponents. I read media for info, but I view things differently:

1 To think that he came to power , has  no political base  but the popular votes and follow a lengthy democracy process of removing the old establishment right  away without damaging the growing/recovering economy is Media delusion about democracy.  The oligarchs will simply collapse the economy and he would be voted out in next election as people will  prefer oligarchy come back over unemployment. He may be going  to jail right after that. Just look at how long for it take for XI to reform and consolidate power to be a life time dictator, and how many eastern Europe countries after the Cold War can reform successfully and have a truly democracy and economy booming?

2  Who are these oligarch business 's foreign partners? Don't they benefit from these oligarch corruption? Do Foreign Media do a constructive criticism or simply trying to put their business partners come back ASAP to not interrupting business?

The war destroyed everything above. Ukraine is now doesn't have an industry to save and the oligarchs partners accepted that everything changes. Unemployment is not an immediate issue and the establishment collapses. This is much easier to reform compares to the after Cold War era (After 80 years under communism, the one who understand how capitalism works have a chance to be oligarch while most the people got use to expect everything is free and capitalism would add their benefit on top). . 

Zelensky, if he survived the war, would be a president in war and has all the power and support he need. Then Ukraine has a chance to reform.  Zelensky may choose to reform the economy, build democracy foundation from scratch, enforce by joining EU requirements.  It is unlikely he can choose to be dictator for life or form new oligarchy regime because it won't attract good foreign investment and no excuse to the Ukraine people. They would vote him out in next election.  

Ze was no oligarch before his presidency, but he is one now. Pandora Papers found him holding over a billion in assets.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Ze was no oligarch before his presidency, but he is one now. Pandora Papers found him holding over a billion in assets.

Really where is the proof that would survive cross examination in court.

• Like 1

(edited)

On 5/5/2022 at 9:47 AM, Andrei Moutchkine said:

I believe oligarch, by definition is someone benefits from the privatization public state enterprises in post Soviet Era? What's wrong with being success oversea and your country in entertainment industry and have your investment companies and partners reach a certain value of assets? I 've never had an illusion he was poor, celebrities tend to be rich everywhere and he would be one of the elites, however I wouldn't call him oligarch. Is it weird to consider Hollywood as a bunch of oligarchs, lol. I wouldn't consider Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Warren Buffet,  etc. oligarchs but business man.

Secondly if I were him and had to choose between risking my family's life for my country and enjoy millions/billions of dollar investment oversea, I would not certain about my answer, would have to weigh hard between my sense of duty/conscience  to my country vs how much I value my family's lifestyle in oversea. I always respect anyone who choose the former, risk everything for ideology and the bigger the opportunity cost will prove how big you value your ideology. It would be much easier to choose the ideology of  pick up a gun and protect my family, my freedom and my country future  if I had nothing to lose, nowhere to run and government threatened to starve my family, lol. But still, risking your life for your duty is respectful enough because if you lose it, the only thing stays behind is your ideology.

Edited by SUZNV
  • Great Response! 1

On 5/5/2022 at 9:47 AM, Andrei Moutchkine said:

I believe you are the greatest liar or dumbest poster here.  The Panama Papers were dumped on  April 3. 2016. "The Panama Papers ( Spanish: Papeles de Panamá) are 11.5 million leaked documents (or 2.6 terabytes of data) that were published beginning on April 3, 2016. The papers detail financial and attorney-client information for more than 214,488 offshore entities."https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panama_Papers

Zelenskyy  was still a two bit comic on Ukrainian TV playing a PRETEND PRESIDENT and three years away from the real office of President.

You just throw stuff up against the wall to see what sticks.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, nsdp said:

I believe you are the greatest liar or dumbest poster here.  The Panama Papers were dumped on  April 3. 2016. "The Panama Papers ( Spanish: Papeles de Panamá) are 11.5 million leaked documents (or 2.6 terabytes of data) that were published beginning on April 3, 2016. The papers detail financial and attorney-client information for more than 214,488 offshore entities."https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panama_Papers

Zelenskyy  was still a two bit comic on Ukrainian TV playing a PRETEND PRESIDENT and three years away from the real office of President.

You just throw stuff up against the wall to see what sticks.

The Pandora Papers, then. Whichever are the latest ones? Also. the PC computer which verifies and cross-links between these terabytes? of data has a tendency to take everything at face value. For example, Ze and/or his affiliates appear to now have the same address on London's Banker's Street which used to be Sherlock Holmes (there is really a Sherlock Holmes museum there now, Sherlock. Previously, they discovered that the same address appears to belong to Dariga Nazarbaeva, the old Kazakh President's daughter. In all actuality, all of these simply tried to be cute in the same way. This just happens to be the first (and often, only) legitimate London street address a Russian/Soviet person can produce off the top of his head when faced with a challenge to produce one at some attorney's / notary public office. Try it or see both stories online, both of which cannot simultaneously be true, yet are. Yours truly uses the address of MI5/MI6 with an alias "Foma Kinyaeff" which was the Russian name of Jason Bourne in the film "Bourne Identity" It gets 1 second of screen time in the movie and is gibberish in KOI-8 Cyrillic's, but is legit if you read the same buttons as American QWERTY. No way for you to know that or consider it important, but a great many Russians in some kind of computer/IT related trade know this by heart. Because it's a great in-joke.

Here is a similar challenge for an American. Show me the real Castle Rock. As in "Castle Rock entartainment" and explain why whatever Stephen King official says is BS. Because a good meme is worth terabytes of OLAP work... Another example is "Tyler Durden" from Zero Hedge. It is the narrator's name from "Fight Club" I once had a "Project Mayhem" on top of my resume, which got me a call from a fellow called Andy Rubin. He said, you want an angel round? I said sorry, I just got one, and we went our own separate ways. He became the guy who became the Android lead at Google and a multibillionaire and I became nobody in particular. We do have a very similar thinking pattern and may meet again. The only reason I did not take over your Nasdaq infrastructure is because my angel investor was too Persian and saw Wall Street as a familiar bazaar in Tehran. (Which it is not. It is much, much worse than this) Alas, as my (Swiss) business partner sums it up, "I don't do business with Arabs anymore" Andy Rubin a week earlier would've been a much better investor for my startup. He was a nobody back when. Just sold a fairly pointless mobile startup called "Danger Research" to T-Mobile, where it became the device called the "Sidekick"

I barely ever deliberately lie, I just fail to make a distinction between what was and what will be. Try it. The future is very obvious to predict, considering that most individuals working on it very hard have an intelligence of a roach.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

The Pandora Papers, then. Whichever are the latest ones? Also. the PC computer which verifies and cross-links between these terabytes? of data has a tendency to take everything at face value. For example, Ze and/or his affiliates appear to now have the same address on London's Banker's Street which used to be Sherlock Holmes (there is really a Sherlock Holmes museum there now, Sherlock. Previously, they discovered that the same address appears to belong to Dariga Nazarbaeva, the old Kazakh President's daughter. In all actuality, all of these simply tried to be cute in the same way. This just happens to be the first (and often, only) legitimate London street address a Russian/Soviet person can produce off the top of his head when faced with a challenge to produce one at some attorney's / notary public office. Try it or see both stories online, both of which cannot simultaneously be true, yet are. Yours truly uses the address of MI5/MI6 with an alias "Foma Kinyaeff" which was the Russian name of Jason Bourne in the film "Bourne Identity" It gets 1 second of screen time in the movie and is gibberish in KOI-8 Cyrillic's, but is legit if you read the same buttons as American QWERTY. No way for you to know that or consider it important, but a great many Russians in some kind of computer/IT related trade know this by heart. Because it's a great in-joke.

Here is a similar challenge for an American. Show me the real Castle Rock. As in "Castle Rock entartainment" and explain why whatever Stephen King official says is BS. Because a good meme is worth terabytes of OLAP work... Another example is "Tyler Durden" from Zero Hedge. It is the narrator's name from "Fight Club" I once had a "Project Mayhem" on top of my resume, which got me a call from a fellow called Andy Rubin. He said, you want an angel round? I said sorry, I just got one, and we went our own separate ways. He became the guy who became the Android lead at Google and a multibillionaire and I became nobody in particular. We do have a very similar thinking pattern and may meet again. The only reason I did not take over your Nasdaq infrastructure is because my angel investor was too Persian and saw Wall Street as a familiar bazaar in Tehran. (Which it is not. It is much, much worse than this) Alas, as my (Swiss) business partner sums it up, "I don't do business with Arabs anymore" Andy Rubin a week earlier would've been a much better investor for my startup. He was a nobody back when. Just sold a fairly pointless mobile startup called "Danger Research" to T-Mobile, where it became the device called the "Sidekick"

I barely ever deliberately lie, I just fail to make a distinction between what was and what will be. Try it. The future is very obvious to predict, considering that most individuals working on it very hard have an intelligence of a roach.

You have missed your calling in life.   You should work for TASS.

For those who support Putin, I hope you burn in eternal hell for your support of a person who daily commits crimes against humanity. And if you are working for Putin to support his crimes, I hope you are arrested and tried for your crimes and if found guilty, Hung to death.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nsdp said:

You have missed your calling in life.   You should work for TASS.

TASS does not lie, either. It simply does not tell you anything important or fun, but  officious news the late USSR's elderly Politburo would approve off. It stands for the "Telegraph agency of the Soviet Union", BTW. Now that the senile Politburo is all yours to call your own, it is hardly relevant. Now, show me the Castle Rock, will you? An intelligent American fellow should be able to answer this in under a minute.

5 minutes ago, notsonice said:

For those who support Putin, I hope you burn in eternal hell for your support of a person who daily commits crimes against humanity. And if you are working for Putin to support his crimes, I hope you are arrested and tried for your crimes and if found guilty, Hung to death.

Putin is inconsequential. Any semi-competent executive in charge of Russia, be it the Tsar or the Secretary General, would invariably commit some of the same "crimes" This is why the American criminal syndicate is doomed, BTW. At the end of the date, Russia happens to equate to most of the continent of Eurasia, our largest (and richest) and most everything else. It is awesome, and you've got to start to develop a healthy appreciation and/or fear of it, fellow Yankees. Do it while you still can.

• Like 1

(edited)

2 minutes ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Putin is inconsequential. Any semi-competent executive in charge of Russia, be it the Tsar or the Secretary General, would invariably commit some of the same "crimes" This is why the American criminal syndicate is doomed, BTW. At the end of the date, Russia happens to equate to most of the continent of Eurasia, our largest (and richest) and most everything else. It is awesome, and you've got to start to develop a healthy appreciation and/or fear of it, fellow Yankees. Do it while you still can.

G F Y

Hope your master burns in HELL and he will have plenty of company with his supporters

Edited by notsonice

(edited)

On 4/17/2022 at 6:20 PM, specinho said:

4a. There is no amount of nuclear weapons you can give to anyone to make them "on par" with Russia, because you are not on par yourself. Some 30 years of intensive research behind, to be precise.

Edited by Andrei Moutchkine
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

TASS does not lie, either. It simply does not tell you anything important or fun, but  officious news the late USSR's elderly Politburo would approve off. It stands for the "Telegraph agency of the Soviet Union", BTW. Now that the senile Politburo is all yours to call your own, it is hardly relevant. Now, show me the Castle Rock, will you? An intelligent American fellow should be able to answer this in under a minute.

3 minutes ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

TASS does lie. It denied the Katyn Massacre. As for Castle Rock  which one are you talking about. The municipality in Colorado or the Geological formation in Palo Duro Canyon State park or in . Grand Teton National Park  or Santa Elena Canyon  on the Rio Grande.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, SUZNV said:

I believe oligarch, by definition is someone benefits from the privatization public state enterprises in post Soviet Era? What's wrong with being success oversea and your country in entertainment industry and have your investment companies and partners reach a certain value of assets? I 've never had an illusion he was poor, celebrities tend to be rich everywhere and he would be one of the elites, however I wouldn't call him oligarch. Is it weird to consider Hollywood as a bunch of oligarchs, lol. I wouldn't consider Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Warren Buffet,  etc. oligarchs but business man.

Secondly if I were him and had to choose between risking my family's life for my country and enjoy millions/billions of dollar investment oversea, I would not certain about my answer, would have to weigh hard between my sense of duty/conscience  to my country vs how much I value my family's lifestyle in oversea. I always respect anyone who choose the former, risk everything for ideology and the bigger the opportunity cost will prove how big you value your ideology. It would be much easier to choose the ideology of  pick up a gun and protect my family, my freedom and my country future  if I had nothing to lose, nowhere to run and government threatened to starve my family, lol. But still, risking your life for your duty is respectful enough because if you lose it, the only thing stays behind is your ideology.

Not only. Oligarch is a Greek word which goes way back and roughly means somebody so rich, that he can buy political favors. Alternatively, anybody whose business is not-even-sensical or profitable without the special government support. These days, USA is a lot more likely to feature oligarchs than Russia is. Russia just got regular billionaire tycoons anymore, who don't tell the Kremlin what to do, for better or whose. Bezos and Musk are classical oligarchs though, and so is, say, Rupert Murdoch...

Before Ze became the real President of Ukraine, he played one on TV, dodged the draft four times and defrauded his country of taxes on a few tens of millions of income, most of which came from his shows running on the Russian TV. This makes him an average small to mid-range Ukrainian/Russian entertainment industry operator, not a real oligarch.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, nsdp said:

TASS does lie. It denied the Katyn Massacre. As for Castle Rock  which one are you talking about. The municipality in Colorado or the Geological formation in Palo Duro Canyon State park or in . Grand Teton National Park  or Santa Elena Canyon  on the Rio Grande.

I deny the Katyn Massacre too. There are trivial forensic reasons to do so.

Neither. Follow the trail of sodium bicarbonate, Luke.

16 minutes ago, notsonice said:

G F Y

Hope your master burns in HELL and he will have plenty of company with his supporters

Putin is not my master. I am no longer eligible to vote in Russian elections, but my parents are and did vote for him. He is objectively the best management Russia had in a while. Which is not really difficult to achieve.