Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TN

Irina Slav interviews Doug Sandbridge about hurdles to NET ZERO

(edited)

23 hours ago, KeyboardWarrior said:

You dumbass, kilojoules per kilogram is a unit of enthalpy. 

Last time you tried to talk thermo you used the ideal gas law to tell me how much energy it takes to boil water. You also started at zero C. I can't take you seriously. 

The difference between LHV and HHV  means that you are the dumbass.   1 mole of H2 combusted at HHV has 8% more KJ than 1 mole combusted at LHV.  Twenty  to one says you don't know why.  Since you don't know why :

Higher and lower calorific values (heating values) for fuels like coke, oil, wood, hydrogen and others.

where H = heat energy absorbed (in J), ΔT = change in temperature (in °C), m = mass of water (in g), and Cp = specific heat capacity (4.18 J/g°C for water). The resulting energy value divided by grams of fuel burned gives the energy content (in J/g).

The combustion process generates water vapor and certain techniques may be used to recover the quantity of heat contained in this water vapor by condensing it.

Where shall I send you the wind shield wiper for your navel.

21mj/kg is why KJ is not used to measure heat content of a volume of gas. https://openjurist.org/858/f2d/1147/shell-offshore-inc-v-federal-energy-regulatory-commission   1984.

Edited by nsdp
neeed links for citations corrected
  • Rolling Eye 1

1 hour ago, nsdp said:

The difference between LHV and HHV  means that you are the dumbass.   1 mole of H2 combusted at HHV has 8% more KJ than 1 mole combusted at LHV.  Twenty  to one says you don't know why.  Since you don't know why :

Higher and lower calorific values (heating values) for fuels like coke, oil, wood, hydrogen and others.

where H = heat energy absorbed (in J), ΔT = change in temperature (in °C), m = mass of water (in g), and Cp = specific heat capacity (4.18 J/g°C for water). The resulting energy value divided by grams of fuel burned gives the energy content (in J/g).

The combustion process generates water vapor and certain techniques may be used to recover the quantity of heat contained in this water vapor by condensing it.

21mj/kg is why KJ is not used to measure heat content of a volume of gas. https://openjurist.org/858/f2d/1147/shell-offshore-inc-v-federal-energy-regulatory-commission   1984.

Right... because 10% diff in an internet forum post is what the argument is about... sure bud.  👍

And here is the rub, your LHV is not correct.  Rather that value is what engineers throw out to cover their ass for all conditions to be safe when calculating parameters. 

Guess that is why you are a Lawyer and not an engineer.  We assume all numbers are approximations unless it is an ideal value never seen in reality.  You lawyers pretend a number is reality; its in a book right? 🤡

• Great Response! 1

(edited)

5 minutes ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Right... because 10% diff in an internet forum post is what the argument is about... sure bud.  👍

And here is the rub, your LHV is not correct.  Rather that value is what engineers throw out to cover their ass for all conditions to be safe when calculating parameters. 

Guess that is why you are a Lawyer and not an engineer.  We assume all numbers are approximations unless it is an ideal value never seen in reality.  You lawyers pretend a number is reality; its in a book right? 🤡

I also have degrees in math science and space physics which is why  I am more precise than most engineers and fools like you.

Edited by nsdp
syntax error.
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, nsdp said:

No, we were talking about the work required to compress hydrogen, not heating values. Pay attention. I'm amazed that you developed a so called patent for geothermal energy. 

• Rolling Eye 1

10 hours ago, nsdp said:

I also have degrees in math science and space physics which is why  I am more precise than most engineers and fools like you.

So, you got a piece of paper to wipe your ass and forgot how to use your brain.  Ok