Ron Wagner

How Far Have We Really Gotten With Alternative Energy

On 6/27/2024 at 12:20 PM, notsonice said:

No, no its not "amazing" they flew an aircraft.  People have been doing that since 1903.  Anyone can do it. ????

battery powered with electric motors....Since 1903..........you must be back on the pipe

try reading the article

the next level ....2027/28 .......8 tonne airplane 2000 to 3000 KM on battery power alone......using CATL's electric aircraft project uses Condensed Battery, which has an energy density of up to 500 Wh/kg in a single cell,

will it happen???? my bet is yes............

the bigger question what is the limit for maximum possible energy storage Wh/KG in a battery...it is obvious the limit is not known today as battery energy density has doubled in just the past 7 years

here is where tech is right now  latest battery max is 711 Wh /kg accomplished/announced  in April of  2023

Chinese Researchers Announce 711 Wh/kg Lithium Battery - CleanTechnica

Luddites really do hate new technology........

Enjoy the new battery tech.....coming to your $10000 EV in the future....1000 miles on a charge???????

I have been reading battery tech for 40 years now.  I'll believe it when I can buy it and it lasts more than 500 cycles. without using exotic materials(probably every single above average blop shown)  Until then it is fraud.  Though supposedly there is a ~350Wh/kg "solid state" Taiwan battery so... progress***hopefully***

We have high extremely high density batteries, it is called (55MJ/kg-->CH4 --> 1 J = 1W 3600s/h = ~15,000Wh/kg) and it can be created multiple ways(drilled etc) and only requires about a ~25% loss in range of existing aircraft and actually might be less as that 25% loss is for a fighter aircraft whereas a passenger liner can use a MUCH more efficient turbine and maybe even a 2 stage turbine if we go with electric propulsion using CH4 turbine generators and that is using CNG, not LNG using 1990's tech(though I have not read a better flat pack CNG storage solution developed by the DoD at the time as everyone was crying about Oil running out) 

So, we know who the actual luddite is, and yes CNG should be in all trucks at this point

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

I have been reading battery tech for 40 years now.  I'll believe it when I can buy it and it lasts more than 500 cycles. without using exotic materials(probably every single above average blop shown)  Until then it is fraud. 

Why can't it use exotic materials? 

Did you predict 40 years ago we would have smartphones with >GB RAM everywhere? 

8 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

I have been reading battery tech for 40 years now.  I'll believe it when I can buy it and it lasts more than 500 cycles. without using exotic materials(probably every single above average blop shown)  Until then it is fraud.  Though supposedly there is a ~350Wh/kg "solid state" Taiwan battery so... progress***hopefully***

We have high extremely high density batteries, it is called (55MJ/kg-->CH4 --> 1 J = 1W 3600s/h = ~15,000Wh/kg) and it can be created multiple ways(drilled etc) and only requires about a ~25% loss in range of existing aircraft and actually might be less as that 25% loss is for a fighter aircraft whereas a passenger liner can use a MUCH more efficient turbine and maybe even a 2 stage turbine if we go with electric propulsion using CH4 turbine generators and that is using CNG, not LNG using 1990's tech(though I have not read a better flat pack CNG storage solution developed by the DoD at the time as everyone was crying about Oil running out) 

So, we know who the actual luddite is, and yes CNG should be in all trucks at this point

I'll believe it when I can buy it and it lasts more than 500 cycles. without using exotic materials....??????

Lithium Iron Phosphate (LFP) Batteries are now being sold everywhere

Lithium-ion Battery: Maxtela 12V 12Ah ...

Luddite, Enjoy the transition

8 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

California autos are 97% fossil fuel...too bad.

Rome was not built in a day...Enjoy the transition

image.png.1914f0cdb76b22f6eb7132671b04483d.png

China produces 80 percent of the world's solar panels — compared with the United States' 2 percent — and makes about two-thirds of the world's electric vehicles, wind turbines and lithium-ion batteries. That may be good for the Earth, which desperately needs to move away from fossil fuels to slow global warming.Mar 29, 2024

China is all in on green tech. The U.S. and Europe fear unfair ...

The West needs to figure out the pros and cons of letting China continue its aggressive geopolitics and the way it treats groups of its own citizens. 

46 minutes ago, Ron Wagner said:
China produces 80 percent of the world's solar panels — compared with the United States' 2 percent — and makes about two-thirds of the world's electric vehicles, wind turbines and lithium-ion batteries. That may be good for the Earth, which desperately needs to move away from fossil fuels to slow global warming.Mar 29, 2024

China is all in on green tech. The U.S. and Europe fear unfair ...

The West needs to figure out the pros and cons of letting China continue its aggressive geopolitics and the way it treats groups of its own citizens. 

China definitely is embracing new techs and as we all know no one wants to turn back the clock in live in the world of Old tech.......

I do not thing the rulers in China really can turn back the clock and make it into a North Korea type state and why would they

just look at the progress in the whole world

Cell phones......anyone want to go back to a phone on a wall ??? no more wasted time waiting for the call that well never happen...Information or the movement of real life event information  is no longer a state controllable  function

banking......the bank is now accessible 24/7 even in China...good luck nationalizing everyone wealth

led lights.....amazing

Cars of any build   efficient and so much more ...easy to live in a car today ...anyone want to live in the 60s with crappy exhaust???? EVs in China.....well help clean up the air in China...no doubt

computers.....hey the web is unbelievable ....everyone has access to knowledge and learning ...even 70 year olds can learn more in a few minutes everyday than people use to learn in a life time just 40 years ago

Travel........so easy even in China

Chinese only have on thing that can slow them down...their own rulers....which seem overall (fore the most part)  to stay out of the everyday life of the average Chinese these days ...

who fears who the most the collective mass of the average people  in china or the rulers in china