TN

"How to Calculate Your Individual ESG Score to ensure that your Digital ID 'benefits' and money are accessible"

(edited)

For example, I believe that an eco-friendly principle is suitable for my company. Environmental principles determine how much the company cares about the environment and how it tries to reduce the damage caused to the environment. For example, the Timberland shoe brand cooperates with tire manufacturer Omni United and makes shoe soles from recycled tires. We, in turn, make our products from recycled plastic bottles. Don't forget to also provide a participation report made using online pay stub maker.

Edited by elliotpat
  • Haha 1

New Dystopian UK Law Would Give All Social Media Users A 'Truth Score'

Tyler Durden's Photo
by Tyler Durden
Monday, Jul 18, 2022 - 02:30 AM

Authored by Paul Joseph Watson via Summit News,

In another manifestation of the onerous ‘social credit score’ system, an amendment to a bill in the UK would mandate all social media users be given a ‘truth score’ that pre-determines the accuracy of their posts.

110722twitter1.jpg?itok=T9G3EefE

The amendment has been proposed to be added to the already odious ‘Online Safety Bill’, which would censor “legal but harmful” content, and was introduced by Conservative Party lawmaker John Penrose.

“Like something out of dystopian fiction, Penrose, the MP for Weston-super-Mare, has proposed that the government forces online platforms to maintain a score of how truthful a person is, determined by their past statements,” writes Dan Frieth.

The amendment states that any users who have “produced user-generated content,” published news or merely posted “comments” or “reviews” should be ranked by the platform in question, with a score given denoting their “historic factual accuracy.”

The rules would apply to anyone who receives a certain threshold of online views, with that figure to be determined by the UK communications regulator OFCOM.

The user’s posts would then be “displayed in a way which allows any user easily to reach an informed view of the likely factual accuracy of the content at the same time as they encounter it.”

In other words, the new law would empower far-left social media platforms, under threat of government fines, to apply ‘misinformation’ scores to the profiles of right-leaning users, with the potential that such negative labels would then impact algorithmic performance.

This would basically represent a dramatic expansion of ‘misinformation’ labels and partisan ‘fact checks’ that are already applied to individual posts, extending them to people.

Meanwhile, in a related story, group of senior Conservatives, including Lord Frost, have warned that the Online Safety Bill will lead to brazen censorship of political opinions.

“The ratcheting effect on our civil liberties is already happening in real time,” states a letter addressed to Culture Secretary Nadine Dorries. “The Labour Party has expressed its intention to expand the regulatory framework to include ‘health-related misinformation and disinformation’.”

“This could lead to the state designating social media companies as the arbiter of truth online and presents serious problems for freedom of speech,” the letter warns.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/new-dystopian-uk-law-would-give-all-social-media-users-truth-score

7 hours ago, Tom Nolan said:

New Dystopian UK Law Would Give All Social Media Users A 'Truth Score'

Tyler Durden's Photo
by Tyler Durden
Monday, Jul 18, 2022 - 02:30 AM

In another manifestation of the onerous ‘social credit score’ system, an amendment to a bill in the UK would mandate all social media users be given a ‘truth score’ that pre-determines the accuracy of their posts.

110722twitter1.jpg?itok=T9G3EefE

The amendment has been proposed to be added to the already odious ‘Online Safety Bill’, which would censor “legal but harmful” content, and was introduced by Conservative Party lawmaker John Penrose.

“Like something out of dystopian fiction, Penrose, the MP for Weston-super-Mare, has proposed that the government forces online platforms to maintain a score of how truthful a person is, determined by their past statements,” writes Dan Frieth.

The amendment states that any users who have “produced user-generated content,” published news or merely posted “comments” or “reviews” should be ranked by the platform in question, with a score given denoting their “historic factual accuracy.”

The rules would apply to anyone who receives a certain threshold of online views, with that figure to be determined by the UK communications regulator OFCOM.

The user’s posts would then be “displayed in a way which allows any user easily to reach an informed view of the likely factual accuracy of the content at the same time as they encounter it.”

In other words, the new law would empower far-left social media platforms, under threat of government fines, to apply ‘misinformation’ scores to the profiles of right-leaning users, with the potential that such negative labels would then impact algorithmic performance.

This would basically represent a dramatic expansion of ‘misinformation’ labels and partisan ‘fact checks’ that are already applied to individual posts, extending them to people.

Meanwhile, in a related story, group of senior Conservatives, including Lord Frost, have warned that the Online Safety Bill will lead to brazen censorship of political opinions.

“The ratcheting effect on our civil liberties is already happening in real time,” states a letter addressed to Culture Secretary Nadine Dorries. “The Labour Party has expressed its intention to expand the regulatory framework to include ‘health-related misinformation and disinformation’.”

“This could lead to the state designating social media companies as the arbiter of truth online and presents serious problems for freedom of speech,” the letter warns.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/new-dystopian-uk-law-would-give-all-social-media-users-truth-score

Pathetic how a Conservative introduced the bill and it is then claimed to be a tool for the left to suppress the right,

3 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Pathetic how a Conservative introduced the bill and it is then claimed to be a tool for the left to suppress the right,

You are very uniformed if you believe the Left/Right narrative...this is about Technocratic Authoritarian control.  Jay, you often enable the elite Davos-mindset Feudal Lords to enslave mankind with your talk.

• Rolling Eye 1

https://irinaslav.substack.com/p/interesting-times

Irina Slav on energy

Interesting times

Those of you who have been around long enough know I like to see things from a funny perspective, which I have noted more than once is a coping mechanism that the world we live in today makes necessary. I like to think I still have a couple of decent decades to live and I’m not cutting that time short because a lot of people in power are stupid or deliberately bad for our health.

Sometimes, however, it becomes quite hard to see the funny side and this week has been one of those times. This week has been overloaded with demonstrations of outrageous arrogance, hypocrisy, and other unpleasant forms of human behaviour.

Of course, I must start with Antonio Guterres’ slamming of Big Oil for demonstrating “grotesque greed” and his call on governments to tax the hell out of that industry because they made huge profits from higher oil prices.

In response to the news, my friend David Blackmon accurately noted that Guterres is not saying a word about the profits of Big Tech or Big Pharma, or indeed any other industry that occasionally or regularly enjoys windfall profits because of how markets work — and are made to work by people such as Guterres himself.

Far be it for me to defend any large company, regardless of the industry. Normally, the larger a company becomes, the more harmful its effect on everything it touches because it acquires the power to influence the lives of millions of people directly and indirectly and power corrupts. But here we have a case of singling out one industry or rather the biggest players in that industry and blaming them for making money by selling their products.

Imagine someone accusing Mattel of making too much money from selling toys on some particularly good year. It would sound preposterous. If it’s Big Oil, however, everything’s allowed, including blatant self-contradiction: you’ll remember, of course, that not that long ago Guterres said investment in more oil and gas production was “delusional” because soon enough we won’t need them.

That’s the same man who said investment in coal was “stupid” just as coal prices were skyrocketing due to a severe imbalance between supply and demand, on track to hit a record, which many are now forecasting, including Guterres’ friends from the IEA.

That the secretary-general of the UN has become a mouthpiece for a loud ideological group is clear enough and it is quite sad because once upon a time many of us believed the UN was a benevolent organisation.

I’m sure its many arms still do a lot of good in humanitarian aid, for example, or education, only not where energy is concerned, unfortunately. Guterres is on repeat about renewables and getting increasingly rude on anything other than renewables, Greta-style. Who would’ve thought it would come to this?

Meanwhile, G7 continues to “consider” ways of putting a cap on Russian oil prices. Frankly, this was a rare ray of humour sunshine this week as far as energy news goes. G7 has been considering for, what, more than a month now?

Besides some bombastic and highly moralistic statements, the consideration exercise has so far failed to produce any result. Unless you count the EU’s and the UK’s actual rollback of anti-Russian sanctions, which, I believe, is the opposite of what G7, the EU and the UK all wanted to do. Reality bites and sometimes it bites in the tender regions.

While Justin Trudeau keeps on considering price caps with his six G7 friends, environmentalists are protesting the construction of any LNG export terminals on Canada’s east coast. The protests are happening weeks before a visit to Canada of Germany’s Chancellor, Olaf Scholz, who’s basically going there to ask for, yes, gas.

While everyone wonders where that Gazprom turbine is and whether it will get back home to its compressor station, and while it acquires an increasingly mythical status, Germany is working on its future energy security and Canada is working on reaffirming its reputation as a reliable partner to Europe and its biggest economy. If only it wasn’t for those environmentalists who apparently do not understand that gas is only bad when it is used locally. If it’s exported to help a friend, it’s good.

Canadian environmentalists, however, are weak beer, as we say down here. The pros are, expectedly, in Europe. One such pro is Rabobank’s CEO, Barbara Baarsma, who suggested in a radio interview that households are given a sort of carbon wallet to track their emissions. Sounds like a fake? Nope. I studied Dutch years ago for a while and remember enough to understand the headline. Not fake.

The Swiss are even bigger pros. Some climate experts there have proposed a carbon budget for everyone. That’s right, everyone in Switzerland will have a carbon emission allowance and when they run out of this allowance they would have to buy additional “emission rights”, per the report I read.

How will the emission rights work? By putting a second price on products, in emissions. Ingenious, I thought. What an elegant way to steer people to consuming low-emission products.

It’s quite likely we will be seeing more examples of such elegant or perhaps not so elegant ways of steering people to consuming certain goods and not others. Electricity is one of those that would involve less elegant methods simply because of the urgency of cutting consumption. High prices will do the trick there neatly, though.

Speaking of high prices, I was not stunned to learn that the EU’s exemplary, ahead-of-deadlines gas storage filling rate is coming at a cost ten times the usual. Per a Reuters report, the EU’s gas caverns are 70% full already but the price for that is 50 billion euros so far, compared to 5 billion euros normally. But we’re moral.

Back to the steering towards more sustainable behaviour. It appears the steering is not working as expected in EVs in the U.S.. A recent survey among 2,000 people showed only a minority would buy an EV despite various people in the public space arguing that high petrol prices will cause a rush to buy EVs. Perhaps prices would need to go higher but, unfortunately, they have actually been on the decline.

I was surprised to see President Biden claim credit for this decline since I fail to remember any measures his administration took to cut prices, unless you count lashing out at the oil industry for “profiteering” and threatening windfall taxes and investigations. I was also surprised at the fact I still had capacity available to get surprised.

Interesting times we live in and they are likely to become even more interesting as winter approaches here in the northern hemisphere. In the southern hemisphere I hear Australia passed a new climate change bill binding the country to reduce emissions by 43% from 2005 levels by 2030. I wonder how that will square with the friend-shoring of critical metals and minerals.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Barbara Baarsma appointed CEO of the Rabo Carbon Bank

The top economist will lead a bank where carbon is the currency

https://www.rabobank.com/en/press/search/2021/20210215-barbara-baarsma-appointed-ceo-of-the-rabo-carbon-bank.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Swiss climate experts propose personal CO2 budget

Swiss climate experts propose the introduction of an individual CO2 budget so Switzerland can reach its goal of “net zero greenhouse gas emissions” by 2050.

The central premise is that all goods would have two prices – one in Swiss francs and the other in CO2 emissions. This would factor the amount of CO2 released in everything from sausage making to short-haul flights.

Anyone who uses up their state-allocated credit too early would have to buy new emission rights....

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/swiss-climate-experts-propose-personal-co2-budget/46922694?utm_campaign=teaser-in-channel&utm_content=o&utm_medium=display&utm_source=swissinfoch

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/how-your-carbon-footprint-and-your-carbon-wallet-are-really-going-work-dystopian-world

https://threadsirish.substack.com/p/have-you-any-idea-how-your-carbon

https://web.archive.org/web/20220815140557/https://threadsirish.substack.com/p/have-you-any-idea-how-your-carbon

Have You Any Idea How Your Carbon Footprint 👣 And Your Carbon Wallet Are Really Going To Work In This Dystopian World The WEF Have Planned ?

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fc3ee3232-2846-4e5b-9aca-2a03dee07eed_81x78.png
Aug 11
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fc3ee3232-2846-4e5b-9aca-2a03dee07eed_81x78.png
Aug 11

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43

Let me introduce you to Barbara Baarsma. Barbara is the CEO of Rabo Carbon Bank. Yes, you read that right. Not Rabo Bank but Rabo Carbon Bank. In this 53 second video interview below she is advocating for a "Personal Carbon Wallet". That may not seem like a big deal but when you hear what she has to say you should be concerned, very concerned in fact.

Thanks for reading threadsirish! Subscribe for free to receive new posts and support my work.

I’ve transcribed the interview as it is in Dutch. It contains critical information. If you prefer to watch the video with subtitles by all means please do so.

“Let’s ensure that every household or every citizen of the Netherlands receives a certain amount of carbon emission rights. This way we can ensure that we do not emit more than our yearly limit. Your emission rights will be stored in a carbon wallet. So if I wanted to fly, I would buy some carbon emission rights from someone who can’t afford to fly. For example this way this poor person can earn some extra money.

Or if someone lives in a small house, he can sell his emission rights to someone who lives in a big house, this way poor people can benefit from the green economy”

Wow. Quite something isn’t it. Let’s pick it apart and then look at how they are probably going to implement it.

You could argue that it’s just another level of taxation which the globalists will take. I think it runs far deeper. When Bankers start using expressions like rights, poor people and green economy you can be sure that they are envisaging a world for the elite. They don’t give a fig about anyone else.

So in its most basic form, you'll have no fun and won’t be allowed to travel anywhere. But don’t worry the elites will have the fun for you.

This is nothing more than Totalitarianism.

Did I forget to mention that Rabobank and Baarsma are both in the World Economic Forum.

https://www.weforum.org/organizations/rabobank-group

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/authors/barbara-baarsma

When most people think of carbon emissions and carbon footprints they think it only refers to travel, fuel, gas and electricity all under the guise of emissions. I hate to break it to you but it runs far deeper than that.

Let me now introduce you to Doc Ono, a company you may never have heard of.

Doconomy is a “credit card” endorsed by Klaus Schwab’s World Economic Forum.  WATCH...

In May 2019 an article appeared on the WEF site called

“This credit card has a carbon-emission spending limit”

In the article it says

“Swedish fintech company Doconomy has launched a new credit card that monitors the carbon footprint of its customers - and cuts off their spending when they hit their carbon max”

Yikes, cuts off their spending.

It continues

“The DO card tracks the CO2 emissions linked to purchases to calculate the carbon impact of every transaction. The aim is to encourage people to actively reduce their carbon footprint and demonstrate the impact that small changes can have on the environment.

The card uses the Aland Index as the basis on which it calculates the carbon footprint of each product purchased. Users can set a maximum value for their carbon spend and learn how to compensate for their carbon footprint by contributing towards schemes to reduce or remove greenhouse gas emissions”

Now we are getting closer to the truth of how this is going to operate. It isn’t just travel, it will be for everything.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2019/05/this-credit-card-has-a-carbon-emission-spending-limit/

In February 2019 Mastercard published an article called

Mastercard and Doconomy Launch the Future of Sustainable Payments

where they say

“Doconomy and Mastercard announce their joint effort to combat climate change by enabling DO – a free and easy-to-use mobile banking service that lets users track, understand and reduce their CO2 footprints through carbon offsetting”

https://www.mastercard.com/news/press/2019/february/mastercard-and-doconomy-launch-the-future-of-sustainable-payments/

Isn’t it fascinating that they emphasise it will allow the users to track everything. It would never be used for nefarious purposes such as banks and governments tracking everything. Of course not 🙄

Mastercard is also a WEF partner.

https://www.weforum.org/organizations/mastercard

The United Nations also got on board in May 2019. They published an article called

Innovative Climate Action – New Credit Card Limits Climate Impact of Users

https://unfccc.int/news/innovative-climate-action-new-credit-card-limits-climate-impact-of-users

Patrica Espinosa, the UN Climate Change Executive Secretary couldn’t get enough of the concept, singing its praises.  ...WATCH...

And yes, you guessed it, Espinosa and UN are also WEF partners. We are beginning to see a trend here yet again, aren’t we.

https://www.weforum.org/people/patricia-espinosa-cantellano

https://www.weforum.org/organizations/united-nations

The big banks also see this as a massive opportunity. In 2021 Barclays hopped into bed with MasterCard and Doconomy.

Seems like full on surveillance and socialism to me. And you probably don’t need me to tell you by this stage that Barclays is also a WEF member.

https://www.weforum.org/organizations/barclays

But that’s not even close to what the WEF, Mastercard, UN and all these globalist bodies have planned. You are only being told a fraction of the story.

Let me paint you a picture of how this might play out. In Ireland, back in March of this year, Marc Ó Cathasaigh who is a Green Party TD (MP) paid a visit to a pub called Brew Dog in Dublin. He showed an image of the menu which had CO2 (carbon dioxide) labelling beside every food item on the menu and asked the question

Would this influence what you would order?

On the left side of the menu is your standard chicken, beef, lamb etc whilst on the right is your ‘plant-based’ food including the lab processed ‘Beyond Meat’. Bill Gates is also an investor in ‘Beyond Meat’

https://www.beefcentral.com/news/synthetic-meat-investor-bill-gates-calls-for-rich-countries-to-eat-only-synthetic-meat/

There isn’t much difference in the outrageous Dublin prices between the two food types. There is however a massive difference in the CO2 levels.

The other point which is important to mention is that a seed is being planted in people’s minds about the different CO2 levels. They are trying to influence people into the hands of plant based foods and Beyond Meats. There is no doubt about it that there is an agenda at play.

I have no idea what the criteria was that they used for measuring the CO2 levels but the point is restaurants are beginning to trial this. I read all the comments below the thread with some saying it was a good idea and some said it wasn’t. The problem though was that everyone responding totally missed the point.

Here is what is probably going to happen. When you go out to a restaurant depending on what your “carbon footprint” has been, will determine what you can and cannot order off the menu.

Sounds ridiculous, doesn’t it ? Depending on how many points you have left for that month will determine whether you are allowed to eat “proper food” or “lab food”.

If you’ve been a bold boy or girl you’ll only be allowed to eat the lab grown plant-based food so you don’t surpass your carbon quota. If you try to order beef which apparently has high CO2 levels you won’t be allowed to.

This will also be the case when you go to supermarkets to do your weekly shop. Every item you buy will be assigned a CO2 number.

It gets even more ridiculous though. Within the last month Eamonn Ryan who is a WEF member and leader of the Green Party in Ireland has advocated for the reduction in the numbers of Irish cattle. Instead we will import cattle from Brazil. I like to call this the work of the “Ruminati” 😉 If you know, you know.

How do you think the carbon footprint of importing beef from Brazil would look like on a menu now. It would be off the charts. Do you see what they are trying to achieve and where this is going ?

The whole thing sounds ridiculously Dystopian, doesn’t it ? That would never happen. It’s so 1984, I hear you shout. If you have been paying attention to the last 2.5 years then you will realise it’s not remotely far-fetched at all.

We are being told how this is going to pan out. All you have to do is watch an episode of Black Mirror called Nosedive where the topic is social credit scores. Just substitute social credit score with carbon footprints and you will understand. Digital IDs and Currency, Social Credit Scores and Carbon Footprints will all work in tandem in the future.

I mentioned earlier Doc Ono. On their own site they give another example of how this would work for clothing. Let’s say you wanted to buy a pair of jeans 👖

On their web site they say

“Consumers could cut their carbon footprint in half by choosing lower impact products”

https://doconomy.com/consumers-could-cut-their-carbon-footprint-in-half-by-choosing-lower-impact-products/

Imagine going shopping and having to whip out your “carbon calculator” and realise you only have 10 points to play with. You won’t be able to buy the 21.45 CO2 jeans, you’ll have to plump for the 8.98 CO2 jeans. After all, you won’t be allowed to go over your quota or your card will stop working and your digital payment will be declined.

I just mentioned a “carbon calculator”. It just so happens that Mastercard have already developed it.

In a 2021 press release on their site they say

Mastercard unveils new Carbon Calculator tool for banks globally, as consumer passion for the environment grows.

Guess who they have collaborated with. Doconomy. Go Figure.

https://www.mastercard.com/news/press/2021/april/mastercard-unveils-new-carbon-calculator-tool/

This will be rolled out in the shape of an app so you can check your carbon footprint which will determine what you can and can’t buy.

https://www.2030calculator.com

But it isn’t just any old “carbon calculator” it’s a 2030 carbon calculator, as in Agenda 2030. If you look closely enough at the top left hand corner of the image you can see the transition from 2020 to 2030.

It will eventually take the shape of an app that covers all the bases of Digital ID, Digital currency, social credit score etc. Basically a total control and surveillance grid which there will be no escape from. Welcome to Aldous Huxley’s “Brave New World” and George Orwell’s “1984” rolled into one.

Now whether this happens in reality or not is another story entirely. These are not the rantings of some mad, conspiracy theorist. I’ve tried to provide proof of what is going on in the real world. It’s up to you whether you want to believe it or not and whether we let it happen….

The following 4 minute VIDEO is published by a group which desires Global Centralized Control - TECHNOCRACY.  They are serious that is an "inviting future" and they provide links in the shownotes...

Megacities on the Move - Plannedopolis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSvb_ZTYS6A

Plannedopolis In a world of fossil fuels and expensive energy, the only solution is tightly planned and controlled urban transport. To find out more head to  www.forumforthefuture.org/projects/megacities-on-the-move

https://www.activistpost.com/2022/08/digital-identity-whats-your-trust-score.html

Trust Score

EXCERPTS:

...According to Mastercard:

“Digital identity is a collage of up-to-date digital data that defines an individual, dynamic, multipurpose, and reusable, a system for verifying information to establish eligibility to access a service, perform a task, or receive a benefit, resulting from a dynamic network of distributed, data sources (such as financial institutions, mobile network providers, governments) that verifies identity in real time.”

Digital identity solutions are being rolled out under the title “Trusted Digital Identity”, which enables people, businesses, and governments to have confidence in digital interactions...

The (WEF) World Economic Forum  calls it a ‘life score’: They wrote in “Trust in 2030 – from institutions to individuals”:

“By 2030, we’ll see, for example, credit scoring expanding into ‘life scoring’. Identity and reputation will be digitised and analysed in minute detail, shaping a future where a personal ‘trust score’ will be the norm, with all the benefits and drawbacks that might bring.”

The WEF say that:

“It’s already underway in China, where, in a pilot scheme, citizens are being given a Social Citizen Score based on individual actions. Their simple everyday choices – from their shopping selections or patterns of bill payment to their choice of friend – all go towards influencing that score, whether the person is aware of it or not.

Fujitsu is also developing a blockchain-based Decentralized Identity (DID) platform to boost trust in digital transactions.

Fujitsu say they will convert those Trust scores into a simple graph, making it easy for people to assess the trustworthiness of another party before performing an exchange.

State of Florida Press Release – July 27, 2022
Governor Ron DeSantis Announces Initiatives to Protect Floridians from ESG Financial Fraud
https://flgov.com/2022/07/27/governor-ron-desantis-announces-initiatives-to-protect-floridians-from-esg-financial-fraud/

EXCERPTS
TAMPA, Fla. — Today, Governor Ron DeSantis announced legislative proposals and administrative actions to protect Floridians from the environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG) movement which threatens the vitality of the American economy and Americans’ economic freedom by targeting disfavored individuals and industries to advance a woke ideological agenda. To view a one-pager with more information about ESG and today’s announcements, click here.

“The leveraging of corporate power to impose an ideological agenda on society represents an alarming trend,” said Governor Ron DeSantis. “From Wall Street banks to massive asset managers and big tech companies, we have seen the corporate elite use their economic power to impose policies on the country that they could not achieve at the ballot box. Through the actions I announced today, we are protecting Floridians from woke capital and asserting the authority of our constitutional system over ideological corporate power.”…

…Governor DeSantis’ proposed legislation for the 2023 Legislative Session will:

Prohibit big banks, credit card companies and money transmitters from discriminating against customers for their religious, political, or social beliefs.
Prohibit State Board of Administration (SBA) fund managers from considering ESG factors when investing the state’s money.
Require SBA fund managers to only consider maximizing the return on investment on behalf of Florida’s retirees.

The proposed legislation will amend Florida’s Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices statute to prohibit discriminatory practices by large financial institutions based on ESG social credit score metrics.
This “ESG score” is a framework created to force companies to meet ESG standards and arbitrarily includes metrics based on political affiliation, religious beliefs, certain industry engagement, and ESG benchmarks.
Violations will be considered deceptive, and unfair trade practices will be punished according to the law.

Wed August 24, 2022 – Zero Hedge
Go Woke, Get The Hell Out: Texas Bans Wall Street Giants Blackrock, Credit Suisse And Others Over Energy Boycott
(Links and image of entities banned in article)
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/texas-issues-list-energy-boycotting-firms-banned-working-state

EXCERPTS
BlackRock, BNP Paribas, and Credit Suisse are among the list of firms that Texas has just issued that will now be banned from working with the state due to their hostility to the energy industry.

After almost a year of suspense that cost banks business as Texas municipal-bond issuers avoided firms whose status was unclear amid the probe, Bloomberg reports that Glenn Hegar, the Republican state comptroller, on Wednesday named the firms he will prohibit from entering into most contracts with the state and its local entities after his office found they “boycott” the fossil fuel sector.

More than 150 firms were sent detailed inquiries, requesting information on whether they were shunning the oil and gas industry in favor of sustainable investing and financing goals.

As a reminder, the survey was triggered by a GOP-backed state law that took effect on Sept. 1, 2021, and which limits Texas governments from entering into certain contracts with firms that have curbed ties with carbon-emitting energy companies.

Many firms argued that they were simply reacting to customer demand on ESG strategies, but it appears the nation’s to producer of crude and natural gas saw straight through the ESG scam.

Some BACKSTORY HISTORY to the evolution of ESG...

https://www.activistpost.com/2022/08/the-rise-of-esg-replacing-profits-with-paternalism-and-strategy-with-standards.html

EXCERPT

...In 2000, the Millennium Summit took place in New York City at the United Nations, and was the largest gathering of world leaders at that time. The purpose of the Summit was to determine the ongoing role of the UN and propose new goals for creating a better world.

As a result of the Summit, public officials signed the Millennium Declaration, which outlined eight Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) to be achieved by 2015. And given that a primary focus for the UN was eradicating poverty, engaging with the financial sector became a crucial component.

At the bequest of the UN Secretary-General at that time, Kofi Annan, a study was commissioned to make the business case for corporate commitments to social initiatives, and in 2006 the UN called upon countries to become signatories to its Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI). For those who signed on to the PRI, the standards proposed required firms and capital markets to take part and do more for the global good.

After 2015, the MDGs morphed into the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and the PRI prompted the creation of ESG frameworks. Both the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) and the World Economic Forum (WEF) promoted efforts for instituting “a globally accepted system for corporate disclosure” to track the progress of the SDGs and pressured financial firms to implement ESG metrics as proof for doing their part.

The adoption of ESG standards, however, is truly problematic given that value and virtue are difficult to measure and there will always be tradeoffs....

https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/power-company-seizes-control-thermostats-colorado-during-heatwave

Power Company Seizes Control Of Thermostats In Colorado During Heatwave

Tyler Durden's Photo
by Tyler Durden
Friday, Sep 02, 2022 - 10:44 AM

Around 22,000 households in Colorado lost the ability to control their thermostats after the power company seized control of them during a heatwave.

010922ac1.jpg?itok=SxVl-LZH

After temperatures soared past 90 degrees, residents were left confused when they tried to adjust their air conditioning and found locked controls displaying a message that said “energy emergency.”

Xcel confirmed to local news station Denver7 that “22,000 customers who had signed up for the Colorado AC Rewards program were locked out of their smart thermostats for hours on Tuesday.”

“I mean, it was 90 out, and it was right during the peak period,” Tony Talarico told the news station. “It was hot.”

Talarico said he is normally able to override the “energy emergency” message, but not on this occasion.

“So, our thermostat was locked in at 78 or 79,” he said.

Thousands of Xcel customers locked out of thermostats during 'energy emergency'

22,000 people lost control of temperatures in their homes for hours Tuesday

Completely losing control over the temperature of your own home is presumably one of the many benefits of the green energy ‘Great Reset’ Americans will be forced to endure.

This story is yet another example of how smart meters will pave the way for energy rationing.

No doubt Americans who have them installed will increasingly find their thermostats remote controlled at the behest of energy companies whenever a dubious ‘crisis’ can be declared.

And if that sounds bad, just imagine what will happen if net zero green energy ‘climate lockdowns’ become normalized.

People in major European countries are already having their thermostats regulated in response to the energy crisis.

In Spain, at the height of summer, authorities have controversially banned air conditioning from dropping below 27°C (80.6°F) in all non-residential buildings, including shops, cinemas and cafes.

Onerous fines for those who flout the rules run all the way up to €600,000 euros for “serious violations.”

Similar rules have also been announced in Germany, Italy and France.

Saudis Using Snitching App Sold By Google To Identify Dissidents

Tyler Durden's Photo
by Tyler Durden
Sunday, Sep 04, 2022 - 07:10 AM

Authored by by Connor Freeman & Will Porter via The Libertarian Institute,

Saudi Arabians are using a mobile app sold by both Apple and Google to snitch on their fellow citizens for dissenting against government authorities. As a result, activists and others are going to prison for more than 30 years in some cases, Business Insider reported on Friday.

On August 16, Saudi national Salma el-Shabab, a PhD student at Leeds University, was sentenced to 34 years in prison for tweets “in support of activists and members of the kingdom’s political opposition in exile,” the report said. Though the posts were made while she was in the UK, el-Shabab was nonetheless reported through the “Kollona Amn” app and immediately arrested upon returning home. ...

[ARTICLE CONTINUES]  https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/saudis-using-snitching-app-identify-dissidents-turning-citizens-social-media-police

ESG at a State Policy level...

Swiss Social Media Abuzz Over 'Rat Out Your Neighbor' Energy Use Posters

Tyler Durden's Photo
by Tyler Durden
Sunday, Sep 11, 2022 - 12:00 PM

As Switzerland takes drastic measures to reduce its gas use this winter - including fines and up to three years in prison for citizens who violate new regulations, a viral poster circulating on Swiss social media telling citizens to rat out neighbors heating their homes above 19C (66.2F) has raised eyebrows.

"Does the neighbor heat the apartment to over 19 degrees? Please inform us," reads the poster currently circulating on messaging services such as Signal and Telegram, according to Swiss media.

5L2S4m8HasL8vqta9B183C1.jpg?itok=niye6aL

Except, it's fake.

According to Energy Department official, Simone Hug, the federal government has nothing to do with the poster.

"There are no such federal posters, nor do we call for people to be exposed," said Hug, who added that the government is investigating who created the hoax.

Outlet '20 Minuten' says it's easy to conduct a google reverse image of the alleged poster, where it can be found on 'freepik,' which hosts over 25 million images, and lists the template as "blank billboard mockup."

That said, the fact that so many people believed that the post was real comes as no surprise given the government's extreme measures to save energy - including the prohibition on home temperatures above 66.2F, as well as a maximum hot water temperature of 60 degrees, and to turn off saunas and swimming pools. 'Willful' violators risk three years in prison, while negligent violators face a daily penalty between 30 francs (US$31) and 3,000 francs (US$3130) and up to 180 days in prison.

In short: if you accidentally set your thermostat incorrectly, you will be better off than your neighbor who deliberately heated his pool to 25 degrees. The penalty should be even heavier for a company that deliberately exceeds gas consumption limits. The quota order is also subject to penal provisions. -Blick

What's more, according to Economic Minister Guy Parmelin, there may be spot checks to ensure compliance.

thumbs_b_c_ab1954efce391d226466147139517

And while the poster above may be fake, a DEF spokesperson told Blick that "if the infringement was reported and checked and could then be proven," they may take action against violators.

Precisely, checks are not excluded, especially if one is denounced by a disgruntled neighbor or a neighborhood vigilante who is a little too zealous. In these cases, whoever heats up to 20 degrees instead of 19 can expect a fine. -Blick

"If a complaint is filed in this direction, the police must act," added the director of the Swiss police.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/swiss-social-media-abuzz-over-rat-out-your-neighbor-energy-use-posters

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/wef-piece-lauds-how-billions-across-world-complied-lockdown-restrictions

WEF Piece Lauds How "Billions" Across The World Complied With Lockdown Restrictions...And how they’d do the same to comply with a social credit-style carbon-rationing scheme...

Tyler Durden's Photo
by Tyler Durden
Sunday, Sep 18, 2022 - 09:30 AM

An opinion piece published by the World Economic Forum lauds how “billions” of people complied with “restrictions” imposed as a result of lockdown, suggesting they would do the same under the guise of reducing carbon emissions.

160922lockdown1.jpg?itok=EugYRtVW

The article is titled ‘My Carbon’: An approach for inclusive and sustainable cities’ and was written by Mridul Kaushik, Mission Director, Smart Cities Mission, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs of India.

The subject of the piece is how to convince people to adopt “personal carbon allowance programs” given that such schemes have so far been largely unsuccessful.

However, Kaushik notes that improvements in tracking and surveillance technology are helping to overcome “political resistance” against such programs.

Writing that “COVID-19 was the test of social responsibility,” Kaushik commends how, “A huge number of unimaginable restrictions for public health were adopted by billions of citizens across the world.”

“There were numerous examples globally of maintaining social distancing, wearing masks, mass vaccinations and acceptance of contact-tracing applications for public health, which demonstrated the core of individual social responsibility,” he adds.

[IMAGE]

In citing how so many people complied with lockdown mandates, despite overwhelming evidence of the harmful consequences such restrictions had on society, Kaushik implies that they’d behave in a similarly obsequious manner in other areas of life.

Such conformity would be encouraged via technology, including artificial intelligence, digitization and “smart home” devices, argues Kaushik.

The article goes on to call for a social-credit style carbon emissions rationing scheme that would provide “individual advisories on lower carbon and ethical choices for consumption of product and services.”

New social norms would also be created to define what “a fair share” of personal emissions represents, and determine “acceptable levels” of personal emissions.

We previously documented how technocrats are preparing “mandatory” personal carbon allowances that would introduce rationing into every area of your life via an app that would record your travel, heating expenses and even the food you eat.

As we highlight in the video below, climate change groups are also working with television producers to insert messages about global warming and carbon emissions into shows.

World Economic Forum - website

‘My Carbon’: An approach for inclusive and sustainable cities

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2022/09/my-carbon-an-approach-for-inclusive-and-sustainable-cities/

• While transport and buildings are the major drivers for emissions in cities, the share of individual emissions is significant.
  • Personal carbon allowance programs have had limited success due to a lack of awareness and fair mechanism for tracking emissions.
  • Yet there have been major developments in recent years that could help realise "My Carbon" initiatives.

Cities across the world account for almost 75% of our total carbon emissions. As countries move towards implementing their pledges for a net zero future, urban areas will remain the action ground for decades to come. While transport and buildings are the major drivers for emissions in cities, the share of individual emissions are significant at around 40%.

Inclusivity of citizens is becoming the most important element of success or failure in the journey towards sustainability. Community-led initiatives can make a significant contribution towards sustainability, increase resilience and social cohesion. There have been numerous examples of personal carbon allowance programs in discussions for the last two decades, however they had limited success due to a lack of social acceptance, political resistance, and a lack of awareness and fair mechanism for tracking “My Carbon” emissions.

{ARTICLE CONTINUES on how to ENSLAVE MANKIND.]

On 3/27/2022 at 9:09 AM, Tom Nolan said:

EXCERPTS  “…After segmenting each section, a value will then be assigned to each. Some areas have a heavier weight than others. For example, if you invest in green programs and also avoid eating meat, it will have a heavier weight than your use of electricity in your home daily…

…Buying a gun, alcohol, or even clothing will all affect your overall ESG score. Not only will your purchases matter, but who you purchase from and how they do business.

Your political affiliations also factor into your personal ESG score. Aside from the politics in governance, the party you support and even the person you vote for will make your score go up or down based on that person’s actions, policies, and voting habits.

The type of car you drive, how often, and even how many people are in the car when you drive will also come into play when deciding your score.

Unlike credit scores with a clear method of tabulation, cause, and effect, ESG scores depend on a wide variety of factors that most people have yet to consider. Depending on where you live, even calculating a personal ESG score can mean giving up your rights to basic privacy…”

How to Calculate Your Individual ESG Score

https://theimpactinvestor.com/calculate-individual-esg-score/

Table of Contents [hide]

In business, ESG issues have been on the docket for quite some time. Not only do stakeholders pay attention to the effect a company has on the environment, third parties and even the government is also keeping track.

ESG covers a range of issues, including the overall environmental impact a company or its services imparts in addition to diversity, human rights, and other social issues. Governance plays a role as well. Every company will have an ESG rating which is considered their ESG score.

Investors and other companies use this to help determine partnership, investment, and even takeover decisions.

That being said, you may be wondering about an individual ESG score. People have credit scores that tell lenders and other parties if they can pay their debts. It is similar to a credit score when it comes to an individual ESG score, but instead of rating creditworthiness, it rates a person’s ESG risk.

This article will cover the basics of an individual ESG score, how yours is calculated, and what it will be used for going forward. We will also teach you how to calculate your individual ESG score so that you can work towards improving your rating.

Do I Have an ESG Score?

You may know all about your credit score, but an individual ESG score is still rather new. Many mainstream financial institutions are creating a new platform that is centered on ESG scores.

In addition to creating this platform, their lending guidelines are also getting an update that includes new rules that will tie your individual ESG score to your ability to secure lending.

Being that it’s still new, there is not too much that is completely known about how it will be used and what regulations will improve or correct your score. In many cases, people are generally unaware that they even have an ESG score unless they happen to come across it in the process of doing something totally unrelated.

For example, consumers who have accounts with Merrill Lynch will be able to view their score, whatever that may be. While this may sound like tales out of China, it is a system that is, in fact, being implement in the US and soon many other nations.

Lenders will use this system to choose who they extend services or credit to. The main reason is that companies, including lenders, are being graded according to the ESG standards themselves.

Their business and prosperity depend directly on their hiring practices, gender diversity, social and environmental impact, and other ESG factors. As they are required to prove their case, they will also need to show that their clients meet the standards they are being graded.

What is the Purpose of an ESG Score for Individuals?

https://cdn.theimpactinvestor.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Working-Equipments.jpg.webpWorking-Equipments.jpg.webp

A few different things will determine your personal ESG score, many of which can be discovered via your regular credit report and other public records. Your purchase history and also your sales history will have a dramatic effect on your ESG rating as a person.

The charities that you support will also increase or even decrease your ESG score. The platform will track your personal impact in the environment around you through various means, which will also be used to calculate your individual ESG score.

The purpose behind each person being assigned an individual ESG score is to help reward actions that will help move the world towards sustainability. While there are not currently any downsides to having an ESG score, regardless of how high or how low, there will come a time where too low of a score can result in denials for loans or services similar to the way credit scores currently function.

For now, ESG scores for individuals are used as a tracking tool for companies to monitor behavior. For those who have already started using ESG scores as part of their business model, some people with good scores may notice lucrative offers, easier loan terms, and even targeted packages designed to reward green or sustainable behaviors.

What is My ESG Score?

Now that you know a little more about the basics and principles behind an individual ESG score, you may be wondering where to find your rating.

There are a few different places you can check to find your score. If you hold an account at a major financial firm such as Merrill Lynch, your personal ESG score will be listed on your account with your other personal details. You can also check any of the main ESG monitoring companies’ websites.

Usually, you will need to create an account or contact them directly to get information regarding your personal score.

If you are not an investor or don’t have a big financial account, it can be difficult to get your score from traditional places.

However, you can calculate your score to get a better idea of how companies view you in sustainability.

Quick Tutorial On How to Calculate My Personal ESG Score

For companies, any score between 50 and 70 is considered to be average. It is neither good nor bad but rather neutral within that particular industry.

A score over 70 is a good thing which means the company makes better ESG supportive decisions and has an ESG stable way of doing business.

For individuals, the scoring is a bit different but follows the same general set of rules. If you are wondering how do I find my personal ESG score, our easy-to-understand tutorial will help.

What You Need To Determine Your Individual ESG Score

Finding and calculating your personal ESG score will mainly depend on your metrics’ materiality. In addition to your unique factors, you will also need to identify your personal ESG goals to determine a score.

You can perform audits of your actions to help spot risks and then implement measures to correct aspects of your increasing score, or rather lowering your personal ESG score.

ESG ratings are based on the measure of behaviors, investments, habits, and other actions gathered from a range of public sources.

Your score may be adjusted depending on a range of factors, including the company’s policies from which your score is delivered.

As such, there will be some variation between scores depending on where yours is the source in comparison with your own manual calculations.

Some things you may need to calculate your personal score are:

• A list of your investments.
  • A general calculation of how many miles you travel via car and public transport.
  • The amount of energy you use each month (electricity, gas, etc.).
  • Your cryptocurrency profile.
  • Your food consumption numbers.
  • Your organic and environmental effort profile.
  • And other metrics.

Step 1 On How to Calculate ESG Score

You will start by amassing the data. Depending on how comprehensive you want your evaluation to be, the more data you will need. Calculate the amount of energy you use personally and as a family. You will also need to calculate the amount of waste you produce personally.

Look at your purchases and tabulate the percentage of your eco-friendly purchases and those that are not.

You will also need to look at your investments and separate them into ESG friendly ones and those that are not. Social ethics also play a role in your overall score.

Consider how your actions, both online and in-person, help support your community and those around you. Also, you will need to calculate how your actions harm those around you.

The point of these calculations is to understand how much you affect the environment and people around you, both positively and negatively.

Step 2 On How to Calculate ESG Score

You can then answer several questions that further relate to your life, habits, and consumption that will help create a complete picture of your interaction with the world around you.

These survey questions can be downloaded online from any ESG reporting agency, or you can take an online assessment that will help guide you through the appropriate questions.

Step 3 On How to Calculate ESG Score

Once the calculations and questions are completed, the answers will need to be segmented. This will separate your replies and consumption into sections that can then be measured and assigned an ESG value.

The criteria used to segment the information will vary slightly from one reporting agency to the next. Still, they will cover personal carbon emissions, waste production, energy usage, environmental impact, social impact, ethics insights, and sustainability efforts, among other things.

Step 4 On How to Calculate ESG Score

After segmenting each section, a value will then be assigned to each. Some areas have a heavier weight than others. For example, if you invest in green programs and also avoid eating meat, it will have a heavier weight than your use of electricity in your home daily.

Every ESG rating agency has its own predefined scoring systems that assign weights and measures to each segment. As a result, the final, personal ESG score may vary slightly from agency to agency and agencies to your own calculations.

Controversies, actual reporting, truth in reporting, and exact tabulations will also play a role in your final score.

Commercial companies also have more access to public data than you may have on your own, which will further affect the actual score you are awarded.

A Closer Look At The Metrics

ESG scores take a lot of information into account when it comes to commercial and industrial entities. On a personal level, just as much information is used to create a picture of who you are and how your personal actions influence the world around you.

Buying a gun, alcohol, or even clothing will all affect your overall ESG score. Not only will your purchases matter, but who you purchase from and how they do business.

Your political affiliations also factor into your personal ESG score. Aside from the politics in governance, the party you support and even the person you vote for will make your score go up or down based on that person’s actions, policies, and voting habits.

The type of car you drive, how often, and even how many people are in the car when you drive will also come into play when deciding your score.

Unlike credit scores with a clear method of tabulation, cause, and effect, ESG scores depend on a wide variety of factors that most people have yet to consider. Depending on where you live, even calculating a personal ESG score can mean giving up your rights to basic privacy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ESG inventors are in need of some serious re-education.

• Like 1

For example, if you invest in green programs and also avoid eating meat,

For the elite, steaks at Gavin Newsome's French Laundry. For the rest of us, mealworm puree.

On 7/18/2022 at 5:38 PM, Tom Nolan said:

You are very uniformed if you believe the Left/Right narrative...this is about Technocratic Authoritarian control.  Jay, you often enable the elite Davos-mindset Feudal Lords to enslave mankind with your talk.

Jay doesn't seem like someone who would entertain the idea of enslavement. I don’t even like the idea of loyalty. The right narrative is greed and power. The left is everything else. Davis is a tool for the right. There the only ones that talk about it. As with most of their straw man rhetoric. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Michael Sanches said:

For example, if you invest in green programs and also avoid eating meat,

For the elite, steaks at Gavin Newsome's French Laundry. For the rest of us, mealworm puree.

Keep it real. Feedlot steak is bad. Pasture raised beef much healthier. Leaner cuts good, fatty cuts will kill you quicker. Ask questions to get woke. Nothing wrong with education. If you teach, education can be generational. Learn something. 

11 hours ago, Boat said:

Keep it real. Feedlot steak is bad. Pasture raised beef much healthier. Leaner cuts good, fatty cuts will kill you quicker. Ask questions to get woke. Nothing wrong with education. If you teach, education can be generational. Learn something. 

You are right about feedlot beef because of the seed grains fed to get the marble fat on cows...It is an Omega 6 fat, but grassfed beef has a large amount of Omega 3.  In the last 100 years, humans have been eating more and more plant seed oils (corn, canola, etc.) which are an Omega 6.  The human body was not designed to overdose on Omega 6.  People marble too.  Whether from chips or feedlot beef, the Omega 6 oils get passed up the food chain.