Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DD

The U.S. Will Soon Give North Korea a Timeline of 'Specific Asks

A senior U.S. defense official says North Korea will soon be presented with a timeline of “specific asks” from the U.S. to implement a bilateral agreement signed at a historic leaders’ summit in Singapore, Reuters reports. “We’ll know pretty soon if they’re going to operate in good faith or not,” the official, who requested anonymity, told Reuters. “There will be specific asks and there will be a specific timeline when we present the North Koreans with our concept of what implementation of the summit agreement looks like.” Details of the timeline were not disclosed, but the official suggested that the timeline would be quick enough to determine Pyongyang’s commitment level. Last week, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said he would return to Pyongyang “before too terribly long” to work out details in the wake of the June 12 summit between President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

"Asks"... It sounds better - requests. 

Personally, I believe there is zero chance Kim will de-nuke... NK will never give up their Nukes.

But I thought the nuclear threat was eliminated? :) 

2 minutes ago, Petar said:

But I thought the nuclear threat was eliminated? :) 

Yep. Wasn't that the point of the summit to discuss this stuff...