Recommended Posts

(edited)

Green energy zealots have been so busy trying to avoid a projected (and probably illusory) climate Armageddon by promoting renewable energy and relentlessly demonising fossil fuels to the point where investment in such projects in advanced countries is drying up, that they have brought on a very real energy Armageddon. The activists are not to blame for the trigger point, of course, the Russian-Ukraine war and Russian weaponising of gas on top of a surge in demand and wind droughts in Europe. The problem is that they have pushed energy supply systems to the point where large shocks can turn into energy disasters. Gas and coal prices go through the roof, and renewable energy fails miserably as a substitute for renewable energy.

This is particularly evident in Britain. Here is a sample of some recent articles. They are mostly behind paywalls so I can't link them, but you should get the idea from the excerpts.

Sunday Times, August 28

Business leaders have warned of a jobs bloodbath as soaring energy bills threaten to force hotels to close for the winter, pubs to slash their opening hours and factories to shut down.

The starkest estimates put the number of jobs at risk in hospitality at 500,000, while thousands more are under threat in industry and agriculture as employers increasingly find that it costs more to stay open than it does to close.

The Times, 29 August 2022

After 20 years of government-promoted eco-socialism half of Tory voters want energy to be nationalised

Nearly half of Conservative voters support the renationalisation of Britain’s energy industry, a poll has found, putting pressure on the incoming prime minister to embrace radical solutions to the cost of living crisis.
 
Forty-seven per cent of Tory voters favour returning the energy companies to public ownership, with 28 per cent opposed to such a move and 25 per cent unsure. Among those who voted for the Conservatives in 2019, including many in the red wall seats of the northeast and the Midlands, the figure rises to 53 per cent in favour of renationalisation.

The figures, from a YouGov poll conducted for The Times, provide a stark illustration of the choices facing squeezed households after it was announced that energy bills will rise to an average of £3,549 a year from October. Economists and energy experts urged the government to take action to avoid widespread blackouts this winter.


The Independent, 27 August 2022
UK faces ‘catastrophe’ after energy bills soar 80% amid warning price cap could hit £7,000
The government has been warned that lives will be put at risk unless it takes urgent action

The scale of the squeeze Britons face on their incomes has been laid bare, with the energy price cap confirmed to increase average bills by more than 80 per cent in October – and forecasts predicting annual costs of £7,000 by April.

Regulator Ofgem has revealed that the price cap, which is supposed to protect consumers from unfair energy bill increases, will rise to £3,549 per year for an average household – more than three times last winter’s level. That is expected to leave some 8.9 million households in fuel poverty, charity bosses have said, with a “real risk” that children will go hungry as Britain’s poorest see almost half of their income taken up by gas and electricity.

There's lots more where that came from but you get the idea. The ruling Tory party is said to face a wipe out at the next election unless it does something about all of this, starting with ending all support for green projects. In the UK energy bills include some sort of impost for renewable energy, I suspect that's not going to last. This Armageddon has yet to reach Australia, at least not in force, but another huge coal powered plant is due to close next year and already the grid is showing signs of major strain. The worst may be yet to come. 

Edited by markslawson
correcting error..
  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The price increases are because of the UK's dependence on FF not because of renewable subsidies.

UK power generation was 44.1% FF of which roughly 55% was imported over the last 12 months, 27.8% was from renewables.

The horrific price hikes for energy are down to FF and the fight for them in Ukraine and questionable successive government policies.

Renewables are cheaper than FF even from our own wells.

Your right that there will be mass unemployment and civil unrest like we havent seen for generations with interest rates mooted to rise to 22%+ next year there will be many many homeless people having lost their houses due to the inability to repay mortgages.

If your country uses plenty of FF then expect a world of financial pain heading your way.

I'm not a climate change fan at all and I think its this hysteria that has contributed to the lack of investment by banks and oil majors over the last 5-10 years which has largely caused an over dependence on the likes of Russia and the Middle East for supply

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

The price increases are because of the UK's dependence on FF not because of renewable subsidies.

UK power generation was 44.1% FF of which roughly 55% was imported over the last 12 months, 27.8% was from renewables.

The horrific price hikes for energy are down to FF and the fight for them in Ukraine and questionable successive government policies.

Renewables are cheaper than FF even from our own wells.

Rob - it always help to read the source material, then your comments will be more relevant. The problem is that despite decades of talk about and massive investment in renewable energy, particularly in Germany, fossil fuels are still the only real energy source. That is likely to remain so for decades to come, if it ever does change. The failure to recognise this and endless demonisation of fossil fuels meant that the energy systems had been mismanaged to the point where they had become vulnerable to  major prices shocks, such as imposed by Russia (read the original post). Of course fossil fuel  subsidies in and of themselves are not the problem. But ending an impost on energy bills put there specifically by the UK government to fund renewable energy projects is one way to cut fuel bills in the UK. Whether the government then elects to subsidise such projects with other funds is up to them. UK and Europe now urgently need to stop the demonisation of fossil fuels and develop new sources of coal and gas and nuclear (the nuclear part is happening already). As for the bit about renewables being cheaper let's stop all subsidies and quotas and see if any green projects (apart from Hydro) survive. You will be sorely disappointed by the results, but whatever the market decides is fine by me. Hope that clarifies your thinking.  

  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, markslawson said:

Rob - it always help to read the source material, then your comments will be more relevant. The problem is that despite decades of talk about and massive investment in renewable energy, particularly in Germany, fossil fuels are still the only real energy source. That is likely to remain so for decades to come, if it ever does change. The failure to recognise this and endless demonisation of fossil fuels meant that the energy systems had been mismanaged to the point where they had become vulnerable to  major prices shocks, such as imposed by Russia (read the original post). Of course fossil fuel  subsidies in and of themselves are not the problem. But ending an impost on energy bills put there specifically by the UK government to fund renewable energy projects is one way to cut fuel bills in the UK. Whether the government then elects to subsidise such projects with other funds is up to them. UK and Europe now urgently need to stop the demonisation of fossil fuels and develop new sources of coal and gas and nuclear (the nuclear part is happening already). As for the bit about renewables being cheaper let's stop all subsidies and quotas and see if any green projects (apart from Hydro) survive. You will be sorely disappointed by the results, but whatever the market decides is fine by me. Hope that clarifies your thinking.  

Mark Ive stated very recently that the world should adopt ALL energy supplies where the climate and geography and resource dictates that type of energy is the most economical. I'm absolutely NOT against FF, my company supplies mainly to the oil & gas industry so It'd be very hypocrytical of me if I was.

You cant just cherry pick certain countries as having a rubbish government  policy for the last 15 years (ie Germany) Other countries like Norway are almost solely renewable and larger GDP countries like my own are only 44.1% (as of last year) reliant on FF power generation.

I hope that the recent news about 100 new licenses being issued to drill in the North Sea will happen, I'm not demonising FF but trying to give a balanced view. I could argue that you are demonising renewables based on whats relevant to OZ and maybe Germany and Italy but thats hardly a global view.

The issue I think you have which I agree is that MM has demonised FF and as such the banks do not want to invest in FF leaving the oil majors no choice but to stop oil and gas exploration and diversify into renewables. Greta and her clan have a lot to answer for IMHO, she and her climate change clan will indirectly kill thousands if not millions this winter in Europe alone as people wont be able to afford heating.

However saying this is all renewable energy's fault is wrong as this is a valuable resource that we absolutley should be adopting to reduce the deaths from pollution if nothing else.

  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

8 hours ago, markslawson said:

Rob - it always help to read the source material, then your comments will be more relevant. The problem is that despite decades of talk about and massive investment in renewable energy, particularly in Germany, fossil fuels are still the only real energy source. That is likely to remain so for decades to come, if it ever does change. The failure to recognise this and endless demonisation of fossil fuels meant that the energy systems had been mismanaged to the point where they had become vulnerable to  major prices shocks, such as imposed by Russia (read the original post). Of course fossil fuel  subsidies in and of themselves are not the problem. But ending an impost on energy bills put there specifically by the UK government to fund renewable energy projects is one way to cut fuel bills in the UK. Whether the government then elects to subsidise such projects with other funds is up to them. UK and Europe now urgently need to stop the demonisation of fossil fuels and develop new sources of coal and gas and nuclear (the nuclear part is happening already). As for the bit about renewables being cheaper let's stop all subsidies and quotas and see if any green projects (apart from Hydro) survive. You will be sorely disappointed by the results, but whatever the market decides is fine by me. Hope that clarifies your thinking.  

Guys like you with the worlds largest industries blocked renewables for those decades as they do now. Entire political systems like Russia will war over FF. The US has a Republican Party that warred over oil power in the Middle East. But you? Blame a greenie for lack of progress. Lol You pulled out the o’l spam can tonight. 
I would like the Germans to keep counting deaths from WWII like the FF industry to count death and costs from pollution and increasing mother events. Let’s not play the greenie lack of effort card. Lol

Edited by Boat
  • Haha 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/31/2022 at 2:16 AM, markslawson said:

Green energy zealots have been so busy trying to avoid a projected (and probably illusory) climate Armageddon by promoting renewable energy and relentlessly demonising fossil fuels to the point where investment in such projects in advanced countries is drying up, that they have brought on a very real energy Armageddon. The activists are not to blame for the trigger point, of course, the Russian-Ukraine war and Russian weaponising of gas on top of a surge in demand and wind droughts in Europe. The problem is that they have pushed energy supply systems to the point where large shocks can turn into energy disasters. Gas and coal prices go through the roof, and renewable energy fails miserably as a substitute for renewable energy.

This is particularly evident in Britain. Here is a sample of some recent articles. They are mostly behind paywalls so I can't link them, but you should get the idea from the excerpts.

Sunday Times, August 28

Business leaders have warned of a jobs bloodbath as soaring energy bills threaten to force hotels to close for the winter, pubs to slash their opening hours and factories to shut down.

The starkest estimates put the number of jobs at risk in hospitality at 500,000, while thousands more are under threat in industry and agriculture as employers increasingly find that it costs more to stay open than it does to close.

The Times, 29 August 2022

After 20 years of government-promoted eco-socialism half of Tory voters want energy to be nationalised

Nearly half of Conservative voters support the renationalisation of Britain’s energy industry, a poll has found, putting pressure on the incoming prime minister to embrace radical solutions to the cost of living crisis.
 
Forty-seven per cent of Tory voters favour returning the energy companies to public ownership, with 28 per cent opposed to such a move and 25 per cent unsure. Among those who voted for the Conservatives in 2019, including many in the red wall seats of the northeast and the Midlands, the figure rises to 53 per cent in favour of renationalisation.

The figures, from a YouGov poll conducted for The Times, provide a stark illustration of the choices facing squeezed households after it was announced that energy bills will rise to an average of £3,549 a year from October. Economists and energy experts urged the government to take action to avoid widespread blackouts this winter.


The Independent, 27 August 2022
UK faces ‘catastrophe’ after energy bills soar 80% amid warning price cap could hit £7,000
The government has been warned that lives will be put at risk unless it takes urgent action

The scale of the squeeze Britons face on their incomes has been laid bare, with the energy price cap confirmed to increase average bills by more than 80 per cent in October – and forecasts predicting annual costs of £7,000 by April.

Regulator Ofgem has revealed that the price cap, which is supposed to protect consumers from unfair energy bill increases, will rise to £3,549 per year for an average household – more than three times last winter’s level. That is expected to leave some 8.9 million households in fuel poverty, charity bosses have said, with a “real risk” that children will go hungry as Britain’s poorest see almost half of their income taken up by gas and electricity.

There's lots more where that came from but you get the idea. The ruling Tory party is said to face a wipe out at the next election unless it does something about all of this, starting with ending all support for green projects. In the UK energy bills include some sort of impost for renewable energy, I suspect that's not going to last. This Armageddon has yet to reach Australia, at least not in force, but another huge coal powered plant is due to close next year and already the grid is showing signs of major strain. The worst may be yet to come. 

How does using less renewables help us when gas and coal prices have shot to the moon? 

In terms of the UK our biggest mistake was not building another PWR every 2-3 years after Sizewell B. Had we done now we would have about 15GW of nuclear in total, a good fleet of wind and solar with gas, a bit of coal, hydro and biomass to provide some flexibility. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

You cant just cherry pick certain countries as having a rubbish government  policy for the last 15 years (ie Germany) Other countries like Norway are almost solely renewable and larger GDP countries like my own are only 44.1% (as of last year) reliant on FF power generation.

And, yet, you cherry pick. Or, are you saying that all countries could easily get 96% of their energy from hydroelectric and unlimited funds from North Sea oil to build these hydroelectric plants.? I disagree with that analysis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

countries like Norway are almost solely renewable

Okay, I take you point on fossil fuels. My apologies for that. However, I never said that the present crisis was the result of renewables as such. It isn't. The problem is the demonisation of coal and gas and so on and the fact that such fuels are impossible to get rid of in any of the time frames proposed has created problems which renewables cannot solve. As for Norway having 100 per cent renewables its all hydro so its no problem. Its a similar story with New Zealand, incidentally, and some smaller places which are all hydro. If you've got hydro on the system then you claim emissions virtue. Otherwise its horribly difficult and/or horrendously expensive. Germany was certainly mis-managed but it is difficult to see how proper management could have changed much. Anyway, we agree on a lot but I'll move on. Thanks for teh discussion.  

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Boat said:

Guys like you with the worlds largest industries blocked renewables for those decades as they do now. Entire political systems like Russia will war over FF.

Boat - this is nearly incoherent and largely wrong. I'm not sure I should bother to reply but one of the strange stories is the way renewables have gained traction despite having enormous disadvantages over fossil fuel plants. Anyway, I'll leave you to you blather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, NickW said:

In terms of the UK our biggest mistake was not building another PWR every 2-3 years after Sizewell B.

Nick - we can agree on this certainly. More nuclear is good. I'm not against more renewables. The real problem has been the demonisation of fossil fuels rather than the promotion of renewables.. Now there are too few gas and coal plants and gas and coal reserves have not been developed as they should.. hence the price increases.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Michael Sanches said:

And, yet, you cherry pick. Or, are you saying that all countries could easily get 96% of their energy from hydroelectric and unlimited funds from North Sea oil to build these hydroelectric plants.? I disagree with that analysis.

No I'm not, I was just saying that there are countries that are the opposite, as i said I'm trying to give a balanced view!

What I have stated numerous times is that each location should utilise the most plentiful and economical sources of energy and try where possible to be energy independent. However Im very much opposed to pollution as there is no doubt it is harmful to the flora and fauna but also kills many thousands each year so we should be investing in energy sources that reduce this as much as possible. REE are a big problem for renewables in this regard and nuclear has the waste to contend with so nothing is perfect!

The original point I believe was that FF were being demonised which I do actually agree with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shame Fusion still looks to be a lifetime away as this really is the holy grail in energy generation.

Iter are slated to have "first plasma" by 2025 by using hydrogen reactions, but wont be using Deuterium or Tritium fuel until 2035.

I dont think an operational fusion reactor powering a grid will happen in my lifetime and I'm 53.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fusion discoveries are imminent and they will be so for decades.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This chart shows economic growth has occurred while emissions of air pollutants have decreased.

https://www.epa.gov/transportation-air-pollution-and-climate-change/history-reducing-air-pollution-transportation

  • New passenger vehicles are 98-99% cleaner for most tailpipe pollutants compared to the 1960s.
  • Fuels are much cleaner—lead has been eliminated, and sulfur levels are more than 90% lower than they were prior to regulation.
  • U.S. cities have much improved air quality, despite ever increasing population and increasing vehicle miles traveled.
  • Standards have sparked technology innovation from industry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, markslawson said:

Nick - we can agree on this certainly. More nuclear is good. I'm not against more renewables. The real problem has been the demonisation of fossil fuels rather than the promotion of renewables.. Now there are too few gas and coal plants and gas and coal reserves have not been developed as they should.. hence the price increases.  

Yes. If we had kept building PWR's as I suggested the UK would still be more or less self sufficient in gas without the potential supply issues we now face. Dash for gas was so wasteful of a premium fuel. 

Had I been in power: 

New PWR every 2-3 years

Gas power generation limited to 50MW peakers / only larger if genuine CHP plant

Much better efficiency programs

Wind and solar programs similar to what we have seen

Acceptance that a limited amount of coal burn would be needed for the forseeable and allowed the construction of 4-5GW of new coal plant. 

Instead of spunking hundreds of billions on the banksters in 2008/9 we could have built the Bristol Channel Tidal barrage - a gift to many future generations and a massive flood defence barrier for the Severn - Wye estuaries. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/1/2022 at 12:28 AM, Rob Plant said:

The price increases are because of the UK's dependence on FF not because of renewable subsidies.

UK power generation was 44.1% FF of which roughly 55% was imported over the last 12 months, 27.8% was from renewables.

The horrific price hikes for energy are down to FF and the fight for them in Ukraine and questionable successive government policies.

Renewables are cheaper than FF even from our own wells.

Your right that there will be mass unemployment and civil unrest like we havent seen for generations with interest rates mooted to rise to 22%+ next year there will be many many homeless people having lost their houses due to the inability to repay mortgages.

If your country uses plenty of FF then expect a world of financial pain heading your way.

I'm not a climate change fan at all and I think its this hysteria that has contributed to the lack of investment by banks and oil majors over the last 5-10 years which has largely caused an over dependence on the likes of Russia and the Middle East for supply

What a load of crap! It was the Wuhan Virus that led to the price of oil falling to MINUS 37 DOLLARS which meant that oil and gas companies could not invest upstream. Indeed, the oil industry is no longer interested in committing to future supply due to the VOLATILITY in oil prices, not due to green policies, but due to geo-politics. We all know that the Wuhan Virus was an act of war, and guess what, wars are expensive? Why are you blaming the Greenies for the "one-two" punches from Mr Xitler and Mr Puttyhead? WW3 began in Wuhan if you have not figured that out yet. And Mr Puttyhead saw an opportunity to kick the world in the face after Mr Xitler had dropped us on our knees. The bastards are about to pay for their mistakes, in a way that will shape the future for at least the next 2 centuries. ALL fossil fuels will be under the control of the West within 20 years. The Gauntlet has been thrown down, and we are ready to pick it up. Green policies are a crucial part of the strategy. The faster we decarbonise, the faster we regain control of the planet. Russia and the ME will be toast within a decade. Possibly China too. Europe is the only major Western power that is highly reliant on imported FF's but that will change rapidly. Once Europe is sufficiently de-carbonised, then countries such as the USA, Canada, and Australia will be in an incredibly powerful position regarding the rest of the planet. Any Asian country that fails to decarbonise rapidly will be in serious trouble. The Japanese know this, as do the South Koreans. That is why they are pushing for the Hydrogen economy to begin. Australia and Europe will be producing plenty of the stuff within a decade, as will Africa. The USA and Canada will not be far behind. Natural gas and nuclear energy will be more important than oil within 5 years, both as feedstock for blue hydrogen and for the production of yellow hydrogen. 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wombat One said:

What a load of crap! It was the Wuhan Virus that led to the price of oil falling to MINUS 37 DOLLARS which meant that oil and gas companies could not invest upstream. Indeed, the oil industry is no longer interested in committing to future supply due to the VOLATILITY in oil prices, not due to green policies, but due to geo-politics. We all know that the Wuhan Virus was an act of war, and guess what, wars are expensive? Why are you blaming the Greenies for the "one-two" punches from Mr Xitler and Mr Puttyhead? WW3 began in Wuhan if you have not figured that out yet. And Mr Puttyhead saw an opportunity to kick the world in the face after Mr Xitler had dropped us on our knees. The bastards are about to pay for their mistakes, in a way that will shape the future for at least the next 2 centuries. ALL fossil fuels will be under the control of the West within 20 years. The Gauntlet has been thrown down, and we are ready to pick it up. Green policies are a crucial part of the strategy. The faster we decarbonise, the faster we regain control of the planet. Russia and the ME will be toast within a decade. Possibly China too. Europe is the only major Western power that is highly reliant on imported FF's but that will change rapidly. Once Europe is sufficiently de-carbonised, then countries such as the USA, Canada, and Australia will be in an incredibly powerful position regarding the rest of the planet. Any Asian country that fails to decarbonise rapidly will be in serious trouble. The Japanese know this, as do the South Koreans. That is why they are pushing for the Hydrogen economy to begin. Australia and Europe will be producing plenty of the stuff within a decade, as will Africa. The USA and Canada will not be far behind. Natural gas and nuclear energy will be more important than oil within 5 years, both as feedstock for blue hydrogen and for the production of yellow hydrogen. 

Many false starts in wave but this does look interesting

'waveline magnet' by SWEL converts wave power into electricity (designboom.com)

Wonder if you could teether these to wind turbine towers. 

If this got off the ground combined with offshore wind and floating wind plus solar could really start building towards a minimal FF future. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

On 9/2/2022 at 11:50 PM, Michael Sanches said:

Fusion discoveries are imminent and they will be so for decades.

not too sure if one of the latest assumption is correct but fusion takes up much repelling energy and forming bonds need energy. Hence, the activity on the sun is probably a cyclical fusion-fission instead.......... ?

Edited by specinho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

On 9/2/2022 at 10:22 AM, Wombat One said:

What a load of crap! It was the Wuhan Virus that led to the price of oil falling to MINUS 37 DOLLARS which meant that oil and gas companies could not invest upstream. Indeed, the oil industry is no longer interested in committing to future supply due to the VOLATILITY in oil prices, not due to green policies, but due to geo-politics. We all know that the Wuhan Virus was an act of war, and guess what, wars are expensive? Why are you blaming the Greenies for the "one-two" punches from Mr Xitler and Mr Puttyhead? WW3 began in Wuhan if you have not figured that out yet. And Mr Puttyhead saw an opportunity to kick the world in the face after Mr Xitler had dropped us on our knees. The bastards are about to pay for their mistakes, in a way that will shape the future for at least the next 2 centuries. ALL fossil fuels will be under the control of the West within 20 years. The Gauntlet has been thrown down, and we are ready to pick it up. Green policies are a crucial part of the strategy. The faster we decarbonise, the faster we regain control of the planet. Russia and the ME will be toast within a decade. Possibly China too. Europe is the only major Western power that is highly reliant on imported FF's but that will change rapidly. Once Europe is sufficiently de-carbonised, then countries such as the USA, Canada, and Australia will be in an incredibly powerful position regarding the rest of the planet. Any Asian country that fails to decarbonise rapidly will be in serious trouble. The Japanese know this, as do the South Koreans. That is why they are pushing for the Hydrogen economy to begin. Australia and Europe will be producing plenty of the stuff within a decade, as will Africa. The USA and Canada will not be far behind. Natural gas and nuclear energy will be more important than oil within 5 years, both as feedstock for blue hydrogen and for the production of yellow hydrogen. 

Mr. Wombat, things have gone to far. Let us use clear minded processes to grasp the current state of affairs.

1. Putin will not be here in 5yrs.

2. Putin leveraged the MAD concept. Not acceptable.

3. Green Energy has failed in every corner in the world.

4. Mr XI.Costal cities will suddenly lose the ambience. 

Buckle up Wombat, theory has left the building.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Rolling Eye 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Mr. Wombat, things have gone to far. Let us use clear minded processes to grasp the current state of affairs.

1. Putin will not be here in 5yrs.

2. Putin leveraged the MAD concept. Not acceptable.

3. Green Energy has failed in every corner in the world.

4. Mr XI.Costal cities will suddenly lose the ambience. 

Buckle up Wombat, theory has left the building.

How have your predictions held up?  Be honest!

Eat crow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/3/2022 at 1:22 AM, Wombat One said:

What a load of crap! It was the Wuhan Virus that led to the price of oil falling to MINUS 37 DOLLARS which meant that oil and gas companies could not invest upstream. Indeed, the oil industry is no longer interested in committing to future supply due to the VOLATILITY in oil prices, not due to green policies, but due to geo-politics. We all know that the Wuhan Virus was an act of war, and guess what, wars are expensive? Why are you blaming the Greenies for the "one-two" punches from Mr Xitler and Mr Puttyhead? WW3 began in Wuhan if you have not figured that out yet. And Mr Puttyhead saw an opportunity to kick the world in the face after Mr Xitler had dropped us on our knees. The bastards are about to pay for their mistakes, in a way that will shape the future for at least the next 2 centuries. ALL fossil fuels will be under the control of the West within 20 years. The Gauntlet has been thrown down, and we are ready to pick it up. Green policies are a crucial part of the strategy. The faster we decarbonise, the faster we regain control of the planet. Russia and the ME will be toast within a decade. Possibly China too. Europe is the only major Western power that is highly reliant on imported FF's but that will change rapidly. Once Europe is sufficiently de-carbonised, then countries such as the USA, Canada, and Australia will be in an incredibly powerful position regarding the rest of the planet. Any Asian country that fails to decarbonise rapidly will be in serious trouble. The Japanese know this, as do the South Koreans. That is why they are pushing for the Hydrogen economy to begin. Australia and Europe will be producing plenty of the stuff within a decade, as will Africa. The USA and Canada will not be far behind. Natural gas and nuclear energy will be more important than oil within 5 years, both as feedstock for blue hydrogen and for the production of yellow hydrogen. 

you are probably terrorizing the world with vague theories and misdirecting them to swamp of no where instead of highway........

1. Discovery of new places with oil reservoirs are ongoing...... The fear that oil and gas would run out in 2030 or 2050 and in need of a replacement fast might have been proven incorrect.

2. If we cut wastage on usages e.g.

a) redundant industries with below par products and of stagnant sales;

b) changing mindset on the need to develop rapidly to civilize a country or a place and to reduce poverty through urbanization (many unintended consequences have emerged over time).

c) changing designs of town into one that uses less or no energy

d) reduce population by drastic measure e.g. vasectomy ( this is not gender bias but based on the fact that a cow farm just need one male cow to propagate with more than 20 female cows; and it is probably a simpler but effective procedure),

we would be looking at a bigger picture than  de-weaning from fossil fuel, decarbonization and +/- carbon tax

image.png.f8dbea02a5955015110385c93bdcb7cb.png

it might mean, in conditions when you do not know much and i do not know much, we have become complacent to let them pass despite unclear and ambiguous. Instead of finding out the truth and get the right things done, how have we regressed to let things be, allowing worse trend indifferently and otherwise......

 

3. a soldier from the US who was taking part in a sport game or competition was reported to be the source of wuhan outbreak. How is this missed?

4. This is a blind war. Believed reformation is taken over by blatant corruption and yet being worshiped.........

image.png.eefe1104f35741136e394455b7044c87.png

 

  • Rolling Eye 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/2/2022 at 6:22 PM, Wombat One said:

What a load of crap! It was the Wuhan Virus that led to the price of oil falling to MINUS 37 DOLLARS which meant that oil and gas companies could not invest upstream. Indeed, the oil industry is no longer interested in committing to future supply due to the VOLATILITY in oil prices, not due to green policies, but due to geo-politics. We all know that the Wuhan Virus was an act of war, and guess what, wars are expensive? Why are you blaming the Greenies for the "one-two" punches from Mr Xitler and Mr Puttyhead? WW3 began in Wuhan if you have not figured that out yet. And Mr Puttyhead saw an opportunity to kick the world in the face after Mr Xitler had dropped us on our knees. The bastards are about to pay for their mistakes, in a way that will shape the future for at least the next 2 centuries. ALL fossil fuels will be under the control of the West within 20 years. The Gauntlet has been thrown down, and we are ready to pick it up. Green policies are a crucial part of the strategy. The faster we decarbonise, the faster we regain control of the planet. Russia and the ME will be toast within a decade. Possibly China too. Europe is the only major Western power that is highly reliant on imported FF's but that will change rapidly. Once Europe is sufficiently de-carbonised, then countries such as the USA, Canada, and Australia will be in an incredibly powerful position regarding the rest of the planet. Any Asian country that fails to decarbonise rapidly will be in serious trouble. The Japanese know this, as do the South Koreans. That is why they are pushing for the Hydrogen economy to begin. Australia and Europe will be producing plenty of the stuff within a decade, as will Africa. The USA and Canada will not be far behind. Natural gas and nuclear energy will be more important than oil within 5 years, both as feedstock for blue hydrogen and for the production of yellow hydrogen. 

Seriously?

There was sod all investment in oil & gas exploration by the oil majors way before Covid was released on the planet, I'd say 2015 onwards, just as renewable investments took off.

Cmon man get a grip and think up a new conspiracy theory.

Oil and gas will be around for a long time, longer than you will be for sure!

Just how will "ALL FF be under the Wests control in 20 years"? Sounds like lots of shooty shooty bang bang to me if that prediction were to come true., which it wont.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

How have your predictions held up?  Be honest!

Eat crow.

U.S. judge agrees to appoint special master in Trump search case.

Three strikes and your out! Patience little one.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/3/2022 at 1:35 PM, specinho said:

not too sure if one of the latest assumption is correct but fusion takes up much repelling energy and forming bonds need energy. Hence, the activity on the sun is probably a cyclical fusion-fission instead.......... ?

No, the sun is driven essentially entirely by hydrogen to helium fusion. There are other fusion reactions and fission decays but they play a very minor role other than making new elements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The West:

- 9 waves of sanctions

- Freezing of 300 billions of RU national assets

- Pressure on companies to leave RU

- Talks of halting RU energy imports

- Talks of capping RU energy prices

- Talks of visa ban

 

But Russia is weaponizing stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.