TB

Italy And EU Clash Over Fate Of Stranded Migrants

1 hour ago, franco said:

. Allegedly, this Italian government is democratic, it is allegedly just fine to let people  die on ships and allegedly Hungarian Prime Minister Orban is a democrat

1 hour ago, franco said:

Allegedly, this Italian government is democratic, it is allegedly just fine to let people  die on ships and allegedly Hungarian Prime Minister Orban is a democrat

Sorry still not understanding the alleged thing this time the alleged democracy point. These governments were voted in via free and fair elections the EU is turning to the Right as the Left wing view of the world doesn't work there is no alleged the poeple voted as they voted. Letting mass migration into a country that is struggling to support it's own population as in Italy is causing chaos and people want change. Your point regards the Italians leaving people to die on ships is rather wide of the mark as well. If you know your European politics you will know it was the Italian government that was picking up refugees from the Med  a few years ago when nobody else would and taking them to Italy. Unfortunately that kindness has bitten them hard hence the swing to the Right. They opened the door now they want to close it as they are full.

Are you Italian maybe I am losing something in translation?

1 hour ago, jaycee said:

Sorry still not understanding the alleged thing this time the alleged democracy point. These governments were voted in via free and fair elections the EU is turning to the Right as the Left wing view of the world doesn't work there is no alleged the poeple voted as they voted. Letting mass migration into a country that is struggling to support it's own population as in Italy is causing chaos and people want change. Your point regards the Italians leaving people to die on ships is rather wide of the mark as well. If you know your European politics you will know it was the Italian government that was picking up refugees from the Med  a few years ago when nobody else would and taking them to Italy. Unfortunately that kindness has bitten them hard hence the swing to the Right. They opened the door now they want to close it as they are full.

Are you Italian maybe I am losing something in translation?

You are right - Italy have helped immigrants but with other political leaders, with other political orientation and with help of the EU fond. Some of the Italian ports and cities are full of immigrants, that's all true. But, with this kind of anti-immigrants hysteria and atmosphere caused by the activity of right-wingers sometimes I think I'm reading Mussolini's letters and Goebbels' technical observation ... Because of this kind of relativism, anyone shouldn't be surprised if right wing supporters are starting with the beatings, killing and burning down houses in which immigrants are settled. Such "forces of death" we have already seen in Italy, and Hungary, and Germany, and Poland ... Today, those whose ancestries were part of these detachments want to impose rules. I remind you, Hitler was also legally elected in "free and fair elections" and we know what evil that brought.....

2 hours ago, franco said:

I remind you, Hitler was also legally elected in "free and fair elections" and we know what evil that brought.....

So was Chavez.

Extreme Right and Left is bad however this turn to the Right has been caused by the Liberal Left politicians royally ruining the world with their policies. Working class people are feeling left out of the wealth being generated round the world and then having immigrants coming to their country to take what little they have, jobs, social security, housing etc and these migrants do not share their beliefs or ideals and in some cases blow them up. Nobody has thought about how they feel so they are doing the only thing they can and getting angry about it. The Left have caused this problem not the Right just as the bad armistice deal at the end of the 1st world war caused the rise of Hitler. Don't blame the result blame the cause.

The solution is for politicians to show the voters they want to help them not tell them they are stupid for voting Right wing. All they want is a decent standard of living and the Right wing are moving into that space. The Left should wake up and smell the coffee but all they do is blame the voters. All Trump voters are stupid so are Brexit ones even the press tell them this, things are only going to get worse with that kind of understanding going on.

Sorry if I have read your views wrongly but I feel you were not seeing all sides in this problem.