rainman

Economic collapse? Iran's Khamenei Tells Rouhani, Ministers, To Solve Economic problems

3 hours ago, TXPower said:

The Israelis aren’t egging anyone on.  They want to be left alone and for Iran and others to recognize their right to exist.

So much I should reply to but time is short so I will pick this point just now if I have time tomorrow I will engage on other points.

I seem to remember a recent ‘documentary’ on Fox News where some senior Israeli stood in front of of a wall off videos or cds and proclaimed it was all evidence of the Iranian nuclear program stolen by Israeli agents. Now we all know who watches Fox News as his guide to world affairs, odd coincidence? I am light on detail as I only read a news report in U.K. about it and saw clips.

3 minutes ago, jaycee said:

So much I should reply to but time is short so I will pick this point just now if I have time tomorrow I will engage on other points.

I seem to remember a recent ‘documentary’ on Fox News where some senior Israeli stood in front of of a wall off videos or cds and proclaimed it was all evidence of the Iranian nuclear program stolen by Israeli agents. Now we all know who watches Fox News as his guide to world affairs, odd coincidence? I am light on detail as I only read a news report in U.K. about it and saw clips.

Yes, intelligence, something governments share and leak concerning common threats (and political opponents) all the time.  The Israelis being aware of what the dangerous elements in their neighborhood are up to and sharing with the U.S. and the world instead of acting unilaterally is smart.  Calling Israel out for sharing that intelligence is like saying someone who reports a bully is egging the bully on.  In truth the Israelis used the diplomatic approach.  

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, jaycee said:

Are they worse, how do you assume that? Will the West make it better like they did in Iraq?

I don't assume it. I lived in Tehran and Ahwaz for nearly a year. I dont recall that the Shah was in the habit of ordering his  judiciary to hang people in the streets for alleged homosexuality.

I do not recall the Shah ordering his judiciary to carry out the execution by hanging of a 16 year old girl because she had been raped.

I dont recall the Shah ordering a 74 year old woman to suffer 100 lashes because she asked a neighbours school kid son to fetch her bread because she couldn't walk and when he arrived with the loaf, she asked him to put it in the kitchen. A neighbour complained that she was alone in the house with a man who was not related, or her husband. She died as a result of her punishment.

Such things are commonplace in Iran now,

I didn't mention Iraq. But I have been there. Have you?

• Like 2

(edited)

On 8/30/2018 at 11:25 PM, Qanoil said:

Ya know what I love on this forum?

Unrestrained vocalizations of opinions.

Nowhere else but America is this possible 

Well, this might be an American website indeed, but I'm not American and I don't live in America. But I have travelled to a few countries. In some of those countries there is no freedom of speech. We have freedom of speech here in these forums, so be grateful and just maybe take the good with the bad.

Oh and opinions on here aren't vocalised, pixellated is prolly a better description.

Edited by Eodmatt
Speeling
  • Like 3

(edited)

I would say a large proportion of Iranians supported the religious take over judging by the total lack of resistance to it, not just some as you suggest.
Ayatollahs are possibly no better than the Shah but I don't live there so am not claiming to know, do you have inner knowledge, my only knowledge comes from an Iranian I work with however it is what the Iranian people want as there is a functioning democratic system in Iran so they can change things if they want.
Iran is hostile to the West as the West has been trying to unseat the Ayatollahs since the  took over. They are defending themselves against those that wish to take over their country. Why should the West always be the good guys perhaps sometimes they are the bad ones? 
I don't need to research the beliefs of Shia Muslims I am well aware however many countries are Muslim and live in peace with the West but then the West is not trying to bring them down. I suggest the problem is a reaction to Western aggression not vice versa. As an example of the West's ability to work with religious zealots how about Saudi Arabia? The Saudis have some very interesting views if you look closely at Wahhabism, it is responsible for the rise of the Taliban for example and their people are heavily repressed by religious police and strict religious based laws are enforced in the law courts where hands and heads are regularly chopped off yet the West gets on happily with them and the people are happy. It should also be noted a usual reason for condeming a country by the West is to say it is not democratic well Saudi is run by a male super rich elite based on who their father was, why are we not invading now!  Tolerance of how others want to run their own country is needed and I am sure the Iranians would be a lot less aggressive if we stopped trying to undermine them. Try looking past Western propaganda.

You said: "then the West is not trying to bring them down. I suggest the problem is a reaction to Western aggression not vice versa".

You can suggest it, but if you did you would be wrong. The "Western aggression" of which you speak, is a reaction against long term aggression against the West by Iran. There are some examples such as the Hostage taking at the Iranian Embassy in London in 1980. The UK govt only reacted with force after exhaustive talks with the Iranian terrorists failed to get anywhere and the terrorists started killing the hostages. Then the British embassy in Tehran was ransacked by a mob in 2011. You don't have to look far to find the evidence of Iran's aggression. Try google.

Edited by Eodmatt

That regime needs to be taken down. The enemies of that regime must be supported, and the regime itself must be sanctioned like never before until it goes to the negotiations table, or disappears.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TXPower said:

Yes, intelligence, something governments share and leak concerning common threats (and political opponents) all the time.  The Israelis being aware of what the dangerous elements in their neighborhood are up to and sharing with the U.S. and the world instead of acting unilaterally is smart.  Calling Israel out for sharing that intelligence is like saying someone who reports a bully is egging the bully on.  In truth the Israelis used the diplomatic approach.  

Here in Europe much doubt was case on the validity of the documents obviously on Fox 'News' this question was not raised. Have you read them, I haven't we only have the Israels word for it and personally I dont trust a word they say as they have a long history of duplicitous behavior.

9 hours ago, Eodmatt said:

I don't assume it. I lived in Tehran and Ahwaz for nearly a year. I dont recall that the Shah was in the habit of ordering his  judiciary to hang people in the streets for alleged homosexuality.

I do not recall the Shah ordering his judiciary to carry out the execution by hanging of a 16 year old girl because she had been raped.

I dont recall the Shah ordering a 74 year old woman to suffer 100 lashes because she asked a neighbours school kid son to fetch her bread because she couldn't walk and when he arrived with the loaf, she asked him to put it in the kitchen. A neighbour complained that she was alone in the house with a man who was not related, or her husband. She died as a result of her punishment.

Such things are commonplace in Iran now,

I didn't mention Iraq. But I have been there. Have you?

You get very excited about public executions for what in the West we would not do but that is the law the people in Iran want they are a religious people why do you think you should tell them they are wrong? Why doesn't the US sanction Saudi Arabia for applying the same laws?

Why do you ask if I have en to Iraq by the way? I can see much of what I need from here I suggest the amount of people killed there by the West's invasion and the destruction caused is in now way proportional to what they now have which is a county devastated by war that cannot agree a Parliament due to the massive divisions between mainly religious parties! The party with the largest vote is led by a religious leader that the US tried to kill. You see people in those countries want religion and the laws they bring why do you want them to do something they dont? Why should the West dictate they way they live? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eodmatt said:

You said: "then the West is not trying to bring them down. I suggest the problem is a reaction to Western aggression not vice versa".

You can suggest it, but if you did you would be wrong. The "Western aggression" of which you speak, is a reaction against long term aggression against the West by Iran. There are some examples such as the Hostage taking at the Iranian Embassy in London in 1980. The UK govt only reacted with force after exhaustive talks with the Iranian terrorists failed to get anywhere and the terrorists started killing the hostages. Then the British embassy in Tehran was ransacked by a mob in 2011. You don't have to look far to find the evidence of Iran's aggression. Try google.

So the West stated making friendly moves straight after the revolution? I dont think so,so the Iranians wanted to prove they were not taking it lying down. If peace had been tried and failed I would have said fine bomb the barstewards but it never has been.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jaycee said:

Here in Europe much doubt was case on the validity of the documents obviously on Fox 'News' this question was not raised. Have you read them, I haven't we only have the Israels word for it and personally I dont trust a word they say as they have a long history of duplicitous behavior.

I have often read your posts in this forum with particular interest concerning your assumptions about news sources or “propaganda” as you commonly call it, where I and others get it and your veiled belief that we are all hopelessly foolish because we fall prey to it.

There in Europe as it is in America there are a myriad of topics that aren’t being covered as a free and independent press should be covering them.  A couple of examples would be gangs of young Muslim men raping women and Tommy Robinson.

Please don’t assume that I, all Americans or other members here on this forum are Ill-informed news zombies who have one source of information we all believe no matter what.  I promise I won’t do the same concerning your level of information.

Israelis are duplicitous?  That’s rich.  One word, Taqiyah.  

6 minutes ago, TXPower said:

I have often read your posts in this forum with particular interest concerning your assumptions about news sources or “propaganda” as you commonly call it, where I and others get it and your veiled belief that we are all hopelessly foolish because we fall prey to it.

I am expressing doubt as to the validity of the documentation until you can prove they are 100% kosher how can we believe them?

9 minutes ago, TXPower said:

There in Europe as it is in America there are a myriad of topics that aren’t being covered as a free and independent press should be covering them.  A couple of examples would be gangs of young Muslim men raping women and Tommy Robinson.

Well we had a lot of coverage of the trial of the Muslim gang teen rapists what is you point? Muslims are breaking the law so are other people.They did not defend themselves by claiming it was their religion that drove them so it is just a particular social group doing illegal acts we also get loads of coverage of catholic priests abusing children.

There was an attempt in the early fifties to reach a modern secular democracy in Iran under prime minister Mosaddegh. But after Mosaddegh decided to nationalize the oil industry he was overthrown by a Coup orchestrated by the CIA - just google "Operation Ajax" to get more detail on this. Therefore the Iranians have some reasons to be a little suspicious when liistening to  the US talking about a democratic Iran.

The US leaving the Iran Deal and reimposing sanctions is not really helping the moderates in Iran. Its weakening Rouhani and strengthening the hardliners around Kamenei.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jaycee said:

I am expressing doubt as to the validity of the documentation until you can prove they are 100% kosher how can we believe them?

Well we had a lot of coverage of the trial of the Muslim gang teen rapists what is you point? Muslims are breaking the law so are other people.They did not defend themselves by claiming it was their religion that drove them so it is just a particular social group doing illegal acts we also get loads of coverage of catholic priests abusing children.

Is the reporting you are getting propaganda or truth and how do you know.......  works both ways.  

The regime’s resort to terrorism to break out of the crises, which marks the regime’s terminal stage. Indeed, Mullahs strongest weapon and biggest danger for all of the world are their terrorist. Just free people can bring and defend the freedom of the Iranian people. But, critical mass doesn't exist.. All of them are outside from Iran.

3 hours ago, TXPower said:

Is the reporting you are getting propaganda or truth and how do you know.......  works both ways.  

You often read my posts then you will know I treat all media news as biased, I am therefore assuming you haven't read all my posts. I form my opinions by looking at news from many different sources and try and work out what their angle is. I also talk to people that have more local knowledge or closer connections to the issue then work out what I have like a jigsaw. I am not claiming to know everything but I at least have an open mind to alternatives.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, jaycee said:

You often read my posts then you will know I treat all media news as biased, I am therefore assuming you haven't read all my posts. I form my opinions by looking at news from many different sources and try and work out what their angle is. I also talk to people that have more local knowledge or closer connections to the issue then work out what I have like a jigsaw. I am not claiming to know everything but I at least have an open mind to alternatives.

Careful with assumptions, you know what those do to you and me.  

I wasn’t clear.  I knew without asking you are a seeker.  We are all being lied to or have vital information withheld from us all the time.  You included.  Agreed. You aren’t the only one looking for as much factual information as possible from as many sources as necessary and you certainly don’t have a monopoly on being able to sort it logically.  

I also didn’t try and make the point that you think you are omniscient.  I commented on how you often approach others like we don’t see that the politicians and MSM are trying to bamboozle us.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  Many contributors here are quite capable of cutting through the caca on their own. Your’s isn’t the only open mind on this board.

I don’t always agree with you but I can and do learn from your contributions here.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TXPower said:

Careful with assumptions, you know what those do to you and me.  

I wasn’t clear.  I knew without asking you are a seeker.  We are all being lied to or have vital information withheld from us all the time.  You included.  Agreed. You aren’t the only one looking for as much factual information as possible from as many sources as necessary and you certainly don’t have a monopoly on being able to sort it logically.  

I also didn’t try and make the point that you think you are omniscient.  I commented on how you often approach others like we don’t see that the politicians and MSM are trying to bamboozle us.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  Many contributors here are quite capable of cutting through the caca on their own. Your’s isn’t the only open mind on this board.

I don’t always agree with you but I can and do learn from your contributions here.  

I think you are actually reading too much into what I posted and assuming a few things I didn’t say but I do I agree tend to approach a few posters like they don’t see they are being lied to by the establishment but by challenging their view point I can find out if they have valid reasons for their statements and perhaps I can learn from their knowledge. I have actually posted arguing against a pro Iranian poster claiming Iran was being defensive and I pointed out defence does not include invading other countries. Never got an answer sadly. Keep debating with me I am not as arrogant as your post seems to indicate you think I am or am I misreading you? I am just a debater trying to find useful information.

(edited)

Iran is really so extremely agressive that the last time they started a war was at the end of XVIII century. You can check it if you want. 

Its extremely funny when Im informed about very agressive Iran from US citizens- a country that took part in more than 200 wars, military interventions and coups in that period of time. Someone counted than during last 250 years in more than 210 years US took hostile military actions against other country= its better result than even Roman Impire. And if someone really want to talk about terrorism lets talk about Osama bin Laden and CIA in Afghanistan or warmonger John McCain and his friends from ISIS. Or lets talk with any sensible latin american historian whether US is agressive country that quite often support authoritarian regimes on this continent or not. 

Its USA not Iran who organized military coup against democratic leader of that country in 1953 - operation Ajax. its USA who supported authoritarian regime of Shah. Its USA who encouraged Hussein to atack Iraq in the 80s. That  was a barbaric war with chemical weapons. Hussain couldnt understand why he is good guy on the north with Iran even if he uses chemical weapons and very bad guy on the south with Kuwait couple years later. Maybe if he learned how to read maps properly he could rule Iraq much longer. But of course the fact he wanted to sell oil for euros not petrodollars was the main problem.

We can also talk about opressive regimes= as far as I know USA has more than 2.000.000 prisoners. Maybe lets compare it with Iran. I will do it for you

USA 655 prisoners for 100.000 population

Russia 411

Turkey 287

Iran 284

China 118

But thats not funny because it shows how people in USA are totally brainwashed and manipulated by mass media.

Edited by Tomasz
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Tomasz said:

Iran is really so extremely agressive that the last time they started a war was at the end of XVIII century. You can check it if you want. 

Its extremely funny when Im informed about very agressive Iran from US citizens- a country that took part in more than 200 wars, military interventions and coups in that period of time. Someone counted than during last 250 years in more than 210 years US took hostile military actions against other country= its better result than even Roman Impire. And if someone really want to talk about terrorism lets talk about Osama bin Laden and CIA in Afghanistan or warmonger John McCain and his friends from ISIS. Or lets talk with any sensible latin american historian whether US is agressive country that quite often support authoritarian regimes on this continent or not. 

Its USA not Iran who organized military coup against democratic leader of that country in 1953 - operation Ajax. its USA who supported authoritarian regime of Shah. Its USA who encouraged Hussein to atack Iraq in the 80s. That  was a barbaric war with chemical weapons. Hussain couldnt understand why he is good guy on the north with Iran even if he uses chemical weapons and very bad guy on the south with Kuwait couple years later. Maybe if he learned how to read maps properly he could rule Iraq much longer. But of course the fact he wanted to sell oil for euros not petrodollars was the main problem.

We can also talk about opressive regimes= as far as I know USA has more than 2.000.000 prisoners. Maybe lets compare it with Iran. I will do it for you

Russia 411

Turkey 287

Iran 284

China 118

But thats not funny because it shows how people in USA are totally brainwashed and manipulated by mass media.

On 8/31/2018 at 7:23 PM, jaycee said:

You get very excited about public executions for what in the West we would not do but that is the law the people in Iran want they are a religious people why do you think you should tell them they are wrong? Why doesn't the US sanction Saudi Arabia for applying the same laws?

Why do you ask if I have en to Iraq by the way? I can see much of what I need from here I suggest the amount of people killed there by the West's invasion and the destruction caused is in now way proportional to what they now have which is a county devastated by war that cannot agree a Parliament due to the massive divisions between mainly religious parties! The party with the largest vote is led by a religious leader that the US tried to kill. You see people in those countries want religion and the laws they bring why do you want them to do something they dont? Why should the West dictate they way they live? 

If you think that public executions get me exited, you must watch some very strange and disturbing websites. But thats your choice - you should prolly use a VPN before the authorities take an interest in you.

Did I tell Iran that they are wrong for "wanting public executions"? Cant you show me where I said that? Who told you that public executions are something that the Iranians want? Do you think that there is a democratically elected government in Iran? If so please tell us why you imagine that.

Why are you asking me why the US government doesn't sanction Saudia Arabia for applying the same laws as Iran in their abuse of homosexuals? Does Saudia Arabia hang people in the street for allegedly being homosexual? Have you seen that? Do you agree that someone who is alleged to be homosexual should suffer death by being publicly hanged in the street?

Why shouldn't I ask you if you have been to Iraq, since you have an opinion on the country? You have apparently not been to Iraq - by your own admission - and you therefore formulate your opinions on that country purely based on your selective viewing of what you see from where you are. Is that by telescope, binoculars or with unassisted myopic vision?

Why are you blethering on about: "I suggest the amount of people killed there by the West's invasion and the destruction caused is in now way proportional to what they now have which is a county devastated by war that cannot agree a Parliament due to the massive divisions between mainly religious parties!"? Do you think that Saddam Hussein was democratically elected? Did you think that Iraq's invasion of Kuwait was justified? If so please provide your justification (in not more than 500 words, I have a low boredom threshold). Do you think that Iraq's use of chemical weapons against the Marsh Arabs, since 1968 was justified? Does your chewing gum lose its flavour on the bed post overnight?

(edited)

On 8/31/2018 at 7:27 PM, jaycee said:

So the West stated making friendly moves straight after the revolution? I dont think so,so the Iranians wanted to prove they were not taking it lying down. If peace had been tried and failed I would have said fine bomb the barstewards but it never has been.

Its a tad difficult to make friendly moves to someone immediately after a revolution and in fact an Anti American, anti western stance was a mark of the revolution and has remained so ever since. I have already quoted the the sacking of the British Embassy in Tehran and the murder of hostages at the Iranian embassy. You might consider that those two acts alone were benign and friendly overtures from a kindly, democratic Iranian government, however not many people will share your view.

Edited by Eodmatt
fumble fingers

(edited)

On 9/1/2018 at 8:10 PM, TXPower said:
On 9/1/2018 at 6:46 PM, Tomasz said:

Russia 411

Turkey 287

Iran 284

China 118

( edited for community guidelines). I'll just take one of your statistics, "Russia 411". So, does that include the thousands who are incarcerated in forced labour camps? Note that in 2017 the Russians commenced  reinstating the Gulag system (in fact my father was a prisoner in a Russian Gulag). And  bit of history for you: "Many historians have suggested that Stalin was responsible for death total of around 20 million, citing much higher victim totals from executions, Gulag camps, deportations and other causes. Simon Sebag Montefiore suggested that Stalin was ultimately responsible for the deaths of between 20 and 25 million people.."

Brainwashing and manipulation - a speciality of Russia since Stalin and before.

Edited by Rodent
inflammatory remarks regarding another contributor

Iran does not have a functioning government it has a few selected puppets who’s sole job is to serve the mafia really running the country so all this talk by the leader is smoking mirros trying to ignore the real problems in the country which is the massive corruption at every level 

• Like 3

(edited)

19 hours ago, Eodmatt said:

I'll just take one of your statistics, "Russia 411". So, does that include the thousands who are incarcerated in forced labour camps? Note that in 2017 the Russians commenced  reinstating the Gulag system (in fact my father was a prisoner in a Russian Gulag). And  bit of history for you: "Many historians have suggested that Stalin was responsible for death total of around 20 million, citing much higher victim totals from executions, Gulag camps, deportations and other causes. Simon Sebag Montefiore suggested that Stalin was ultimately responsible for the deaths of between 20 and 25 million people.."

Brainwashing and manipulation - a speciality of Russia since Stalin and before.

Eodmart, thanks for responding to Tomasz (edited for community guidelines). I hadn’t the time yet.  You summed it up well. (edited for community guidelines)The mullahs have killed thousands of their own people since their glorious revolution.

The fact that Iran does not have the abiity to project military force beyond the Middle East and as Tomasz says, hasn’t “started a war in a century” is a myopic view of the problem with Iran.  I would add that because Iran remains in the 3rd world, mainly because of the mullahs and their fanaticism, they are on par in every way with North Korea.   

They desire to attain nuclear status for some of the same reasons as Kim including to strong arm their neighbors and the rest of the world.  Add some scary religious motivation for their march toward the bomb and let’s just say, it would be good for the entire world if the mullahs were deposed.  

Edited by Rodent
inflammatory remarks regarding another contributor
  • Like 3

(edited)

13 hours ago, TXPower said:

Eodmart, thanks for responding to Tomasz (edited for community guidelines).  I hadn’t the time yet.  You summed it up well. (edited for community guidelines) The mullahs have killed thousands of their own people since their glorious revolution.

The fact that Iran does not have the abiity to project military force beyond the Middle East and as Tomasz says, hasn’t “started a war in a century” is a myopic view of the problem with Iran.  I would add that because Iran remains in the 3rd world, mainly because of the mullahs and their fanaticism, they are on par in every way with North Korea.   

They desire to attain nuclear status for some of the same reasons as Kim including to strong arm their neighbors and the rest of the world.  Add some scary religious motivation for their march toward the bomb and let’s just say, it would be good for the entire world if the mullahs were deposed.  

Yep. I concur. (edited for community guidelines)  However, that is not to say that the mad Mullahs and their mobsters are soviet sociopaths. They have simply copied the old soviet system of population subjugation.

Having lived in Iran I can tell you that the Mullah's keep themselves in power by force and a system fuelled by corruption and favouritism. It works something like this:

INFORMERS: At ground level you have the "informers". These people are actually almost typical of The Soviet era informers and they are in the main nasty small minded, ill educated eavesdroppers who will report anything about anyone, usually to the local Mosque and its staff of quasi religious "clerics", who have a privileged position in society. On the one hand the clerics are revered by the mindless "believers" and on the other hand they are well served by those who "believe" in order to curry favour. It isn't unusual to see men with bruises on their foreheads which "prove" that they have spent enough time kneeling and banging their heads on the carpet every day to show how devout they are.* One interesting point about these "informers" is that they are very often themselves small time criminals, closet gays and the insane.

COMMUNICATIONS: The mosques are linked by a private telephone system which is separate from the public telephone system but which is linked to the police, military, Islamic Guard etc.

ISLAMIC REVOLUTIONARY GUARD CORPS:  Key mosques in most cities have weapons stores and very strong links with the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, which is a huge, armed and well indoctrinated private army and which has one real purpose and that is to maintain the Mullahs grip on the country -  as well as to fight any foreign aggressor.** Their barracks have special places along the walls, where their armoured vehicles can "crash out" through the walls to avoid being caught in "bottle neck ambushes" at the normal entry and exit points. At least one barracks, has explosive charges on the walls with can be blown to allow the Rev Guard a quick exit from their barracks, the more easily to commit murder and mayhem.

MINISTRY OF INTELLIGENCE AND SECURITY: The Mosques are also closely linked with the Ministry of Intelligence and Security. The people involved in this very nasty organisation, which is used to make people "disappear", torture people and to keep tabs on foreigners are hard line "believers" - well, up to the point that they come up against a superior force, at which point they become more "realistic". They drive around in cars with green number plates.

ARMED MILITIA: There is also an armed militia of hundreds of thousands of armed personnel who are not uniformed and who will arrive at any trouble spot on motorbikes armed with AK47 auto rifles. They will open fire on crowds and kill innocent people and then simply withdraw anonymously.

POLICE: As if all the above weren't enough, there is also the police force, which is split into several groups, each group with distinct responsibilities. One group, for example, ensures that women don't dress inappropriately. This means that women must keep their hair covered whilst in public (which is why you will see women with the most outrageous hair styles - but covered with a scarf). This bunch of the police also check women for make-up and ensure that they don't show, legs, backs, shoulders, arms t*ts and bums. A woman deemed to be wearing too much make-up might be taken to a police station and have her face forcibly scrubbed, or she might be reported, prosecuted and punished by a number of lashes of the cane or whip. Any woman who shows any signs of lascivious behaviour can also of course be stoned to death. As can any woman who complains of rape or assault.

CIVIL SERVICE: If you ain't a card carrying, head banging defender of the faith.... No job!

MINISTRY OF JUSTICE. This organisation comes directly under the control of the Mullahs, who appoint the judges and court officials. So you can be sure that if you are accused of being gay in Iran, irrespective of proof of your "guilt", you are at risk of being hanged from a crane in the street if a Mullah wants to make a point.

Then there's the army, navy, airforce, marines, military police.........

And then theres the students revolutionary hot head council who "do things" outside of the law because.... Well, it's cos they is students innit" eh? And you know what students is like, innit? eh? Under instructions from the authorities??? Nah Allah forbid! And anyway you cant prove it, innit?

So as you can see from the broad brush picture above, anyone who thinks that Iran has a nice democratically elected government...... And its people are contented, peace loving supporters of the Mullahs regime  Is ....... Frankly, potty.***

* This is the source of the English colloquialism "headbanger" which denotes someone who is a fanatical nut case.

** Unfortunately the reality is that if they came up against a really well trained and motivated adversary they would fall apart, leaving a much smaller hard core of fanatics who are willing to die for the mad Mullahs version of Islam.

*** Potty = silly 

Gratuitous cartoon link (NSFW): http://viz.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/175-24-frutbunn.jpg

Edited by Eodmatt
inflammatory remarks regarding another contributor. Matts comment: Inflammatory? I was being polite (Big cheesy grin!)
  • Like 2