Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TN

"What’s In Store For Europe In 2023?" By the CIA (aka RFE/RL as a ruse to deceive readers)

(edited)

When one starts reading the OilPrice posted article, it becomes evident that bias and agenda are at play in the message of the article, although not many people read anymore...and thus the CIA messages probably work better on TV News and movies.  RFE/RL are probably happy that at least they got some mileage on this article.  I doubt many folks will read and absorb it, because it reads like a White Paper.

What’s In Store For Europe In 2023?

By RFE/RL staff - Dec 25, 2022, 12:00 PM CST  - https://oilprice.com/Geopolitics/International/Whats-In-Store-For-Europe-In-2023.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A person has to use alternative search engines and keywords to dredge up the dirty nitty gritty about RFE/RL Radio Free Europe and Radio Liberty, and some of the crap they participated in.  An easy to find 1977 New York Times article pointing out the ruse is here...

Worldwide Propaganda Network Built by the C.I.A.

https://www.nytimes.com/1977/12/26/archives/worldwide-propaganda-network-built-by-the-cia-a-worldwide-network.html

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg Subject Index Files/C Disk/CIA Reporters New York Times Series 12-25-77/Item 07.pdf

But there is this aspect to the New York Times...

The CIA, the NY Times, and the Art of the Limited Hangout

https://steemit.com/news/@corbettreport/the-cia-the-ny-times-and-the-art-of-the-limited-hangout

https://www.corbettreport.com/the-cia-the-ny-times-and-the-art-of-the-limited-hangout/

EXCERPT

...The report then goes on to detail a number of media entities that the CIA owned or controlled during the period in question (primarily the 1950s and '60s), including:

• Radio stations like Radio Free Europe, Radio Liberty, Radio Free Asia and Free Cuba Radio;
  • Newspapers like The Rome Daily American, The Okinawa Morning Star, The Manila Times, The Bangkok World and The Tokyo Evening News;
  • Magazines and journals like Quest, East Europe and Paris Match.
  • Book publishers like Allied Pacific Printing in India and the Asia Research Centre in Hong Kong.

Perhaps more important to the CIA than its control over these media organs, however, were the journalists and editors who were willing to aid the agency in publishing its propaganda. Some were on the CIA payroll directly, others worked on contract. Names dropped in the article range from the familiar—like Tom Braden and William F. Buckley, Jr.—to the long-forgotten. Readers are left with the impression that the agency's propaganda efforts were (emphasis on past tense) more extensive and far-reaching than anyone had imagined to that point....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And so things go in this world....

Edited by Tom Nolan
  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Tom, I will spread this around to all my sites!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I LOVE the CIA every day against Russian GRU and KGB. People please wake up, your CIA is 100 times better than GRU. I know my country had a lot to do with GRU and KGB.

• Like 1

As opposed to an army of 100,000 trolls working for the Russian government and 1,000,000 trolls working for the CCP.

George F. Kennan was the US Ambassador to the Soviet Union in 1948, and wrote the 'containment' long telegram that was influential in the formation of the Truman Administration Cold War policies. One quote was 'fight words with words and bullets with bullets'.

Russian/Soviet Union propaganda efforts began with the Czar in the 19th century, and had a lot of effect on Europe, particularly Germany/Austria, in the 1910's/1920's. Much of this was motivated by the Swedish/German proposals for 'lebensraum', or 'Living Room', the idea that 'superior' races in Western Europe would 'expand eastwards' and (in some cases), simply eliminate the Slavs. Since Russia didn't have the resources to fight Western powers it used disinformation campaigns to sow division, and sponsored partisans in the target countries to resist and sabotage Western government and military operations.

The US, via the CIA in some cases and through other organs as well, responded in-kind following the end of WW II. Some of our family friends worked for RFE in the 1950's, and later on they admitted it was CIA funded. I have run into a number of individuals since then that have all but admitted they were on the CIA payroll at one time or another, however most of these people have now died of old age.

RFE/RL might have been funded by the CIA, however a lot of their reporting was timely and accurate. A lot of people in the Soviet Union/Russia would listen to RFE broadcasts to get some sense of what they weren't being told by their own media outlets. This included, at various times, the Gorbachevs.

There is very little doubt now that the US, China, and Russia are all running massive clandestine services. Actually, China's aren't all that clandestine. In many cases the cost of this is getting to the point where such operations are underfunded and understaffed, partly because (particularly in the West) people have better things to do, but partly because the costs of 'distractions' (the Ukraine war) and the debt and bankruptcy of the CCP are leaving roles unfilled.

• Like 1

The CIA, FBI and entire Deep State work together to influence what really happens in our government. The higher echelons have a lot of power and influence without good oversight. That is how we have gotten into the situation we are in. America is largely controlled by bureaucrats and their leaders. Politicians who are not mainly watching out for the average citizen are allowing bureaucrats to make rules and treat them as laws without congressional approval. Citizens have very little privacy in their own records and affairs which is unconstitutional as are other freedoms which are being diminished or ignored on a daily basis. Our nation's morals and ethical standards have gone downhill for several decades. 

Our elected representatives need to exert authority over nefarious activities in the CIA, FBI, and all departments of our government. 

6 hours ago, Ron Wagner said:

The CIA, FBI and entire Deep State work together to influence what really happens in our government. The higher echelons have a lot of power and influence without good oversight. That is how we have gotten into the situation we are in. America is largely controlled by bureaucrats and their leaders. Politicians who are not mainly watching out for the average citizen are allowing bureaucrats to make rules and treat them as laws without congressional approval. Citizens have very little privacy in their own records and affairs which is unconstitutional as are other freedoms which are being diminished or ignored on a daily basis. Our nation's morals and ethical standards have gone downhill for several decades. 

Our elected representatives need to exert authority over nefarious activities in the CIA, FBI, and all departments of our government. 

The CIA, FBI and entire Deep State work together to influence what really happens in our government. ??????

check yourself in old man...............

Working out of your shed these days??????

image.jpeg.1f47fb47124a6d25e1138e9ef6bc5f0e.jpeg

• Rolling Eye 1

Your 12 year old mentality again.

On 2/16/2024 at 3:01 PM, Marcin2 said:

I LOVE the CIA every day against Russian GRU and KGB. People please wake up, your CIA is 100 times better than GRU. I know my country had a lot to do with GRU and KGB.

I love that it helped Ukraine free itself from Russia and continues to do so. My main concern is it meddling in domestic American politics. 

• Upvote 1

(edited)

14 hours ago, Ron Wagner said:

The elected representative do not have any experience in law enforcement, many have no education in law at all.

This is why the elected people hire and/or appoint people who have the relevant education.  You also should remember the elected officials are often democrats who you hate by default regardless of policy.

Edited by TailingsPond

26 minutes ago, Ron Wagner said:

I love that it helped Ukraine free itself from Russia and continues to do so. My main concern is it meddling in domestic American politics. 

The GOP want to increase federal government meddling in domestic politics / a.k.a. take away state powers

• Haha 1

(edited)

Russia is the evil of the world. They killed 100 000 Ukrainian children and women.

The rest is just not important

@Tom Nolan You really should hav balls ( or some of it at least) to acknowledge the truth.

Tom, you are privileged WASP in your country (the same as I am in mine Poland).

So you simply do not care about human suffering.

Edited by Marcin2
typo

On 3/1/2024 at 9:32 AM, Marcin2 said:

Marcin2 says:  "Russia is the evil of the world. They killed 100 000 Ukrainian children and women.

The rest is just not important

@Tom Nolan You really should hav balls ( or some of it at least) to acknowledge the truth.

Tom, you are privileged WASP in your country (the same as I am in mine Poland).

So you simply do not care about human suffering."

Marcin, This thread was started in Dec 2022.  Today is March 14, 2024.  Anyone who has seen my posts, knows that I oppose all wars and I oppose the media/government cover-ups and oppose how the elite wish to control the human cattle (e.g. WEF, most all governments, etc.)

I have a plethora of posts, the majority of which highlight the false propganda that is fed to the masses. 

EXAMPLE:  Meet In-Q-Tel, the CIA’s Venture Capital Firm  - 10 minute VIDEO  - https://odysee.com/@corbettreport:0/flashback-inqtel:a?t=242   SHOW NOTES/Transcript - https://corbettreport.com/flashback-inqtel/

There is a lot say about the tragic war (which the U.S. wants) in Ukraine.  But here is a short video with transcript...(choose your video platform) - Foreign Intervention and the Ukraine Crisis  - https://corbettreport.com/foreign-intervention-and-the-ukraine-crisis-2014/ 

Put "Ukraine" or "Russia" in the Corbett Report Search Bar to find out much more.  Everything has sourced documents. 

Thanks, Tom Nolan

th?id=OIP.uWbDbfFPrsGMRsmME9tlpgHaEK%26p

• Upvote 1

Tom i read a lot of your comments and have a great respect for you. But I always want that the scenario is right. russia started the war, Russia is an evil empire. We all need to fight Russia. In Poland we doubled our military budget after the war started. We all need to help Ukraine. If we do not the next will be NATO  countries Lietuva, Lotva, Estonia, and next is Poland, my country. Of course Russia will not attack Poland cause they know we are mad dogs. During all the wars in the past we had very strong partisan movement. We would  just kill any Russian by firearms or by hand, that is how Polish citizens are. Poland sends anything we have to Ukraine. We have 2 milllion Ukrainian refugees.

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/28/2024 at 10:25 AM, Meredith Poor said:

As opposed to an army of 100,000 trolls working for the Russian government and 1,000,000 trolls working for the CCP.

George F. Kennan was the US Ambassador to the Soviet Union in 1948, and wrote the 'containment' long telegram that was influential in the formation of the Truman Administration Cold War policies. One quote was 'fight words with words and bullets with bullets'.

Russian/Soviet Union propaganda efforts began with the Czar in the 19th century, and had a lot of effect on Europe, particularly Germany/Austria, in the 1910's/1920's. Much of this was motivated by the Swedish/German proposals for 'lebensraum', or 'Living Room', the idea that 'superior' races in Western Europe would 'expand eastwards' and (in some cases), simply eliminate the Slavs. Since Russia didn't have the resources to fight Western powers it used disinformation campaigns to sow division, and sponsored partisans in the target countries to resist and sabotage Western government and military operations.

The US, via the CIA in some cases and through other organs as well, responded in-kind following the end of WW II. Some of our family friends worked for RFE in the 1950's, and later on they admitted it was CIA funded. I have run into a number of individuals since then that have all but admitted they were on the CIA payroll at one time or another, however most of these people have now died of old age.

RFE/RL might have been funded by the CIA, however a lot of their reporting was timely and accurate. A lot of people in the Soviet Union/Russia would listen to RFE broadcasts to get some sense of what they weren't being told by their own media outlets. This included, at various times, the Gorbachevs.

There is very little doubt now that the US, China, and Russia are all running massive clandestine services. Actually, China's aren't all that clandestine. In many cases the cost of this is getting to the point where such operations are underfunded and understaffed, partly because (particularly in the West) people have better things to do, but partly because the costs of 'distractions' (the Ukraine war) and the debt and bankruptcy of the CCP are leaving roles unfilled.

The problem is that the CIA is also involved in American domestic affairs including politics and the CIA, FBI, and all of our intelligence agencies need to be under the strict control of our elected representatives. Other departments of our vast bureaucracy such as the Justice Department and the IRS are also problematic. 

JFK was assassinated on orders of our CIA.  He had threatened to tear it up because it was so corrupt and lied to him about the Bay of Pigs fiasco. One mistake JFK made was signing a bill authorizing federal government unions. It has led to federal employees becoming the masters of the public rather than public servants.

https://www.flra.gov/50th_Anniversary_EO10988

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Ron Wagner said:

The problem is that the CIA is also involved in American domestic affairs including politics and the CIA, FBI, and all of our intelligence agencies need to be under the strict control of our elected representatives. Other departments of our vast bureaucracy such as the Justice Department and the IRS are also problematic. 

JFK was assassinated on orders of our CIA.  He had threatened to tear it up because it was so corrupt and lied to him about the Bay of Pigs fiasco. One mistake JFK made was signing a bill authorizing federal government unions. It has led to federal employees becoming the masters of the public rather than public servants.

https://www.flra.gov/50th_Anniversary_EO10988

At least one alternative rationale for Kennedy's assassination is that the mob (working with his father Joseph) had helped get him elected through various machine politics in cities like Chicago, and the first thing Jack did was bring in his brother Robert as Attorney General, who immediately went after the mob.

Supposedly Marilyn Monroe was one of Jack's mistresses, and at some point she threatened to make the affair public - just before her death under mysterious circumstances. A story on the History channel regarding this suggests that Robert Kennedy had dropped in to visit with her just before her death. So this could be a two-way street. TV stories, however, can get fanciful and speculative.

Given how much killing was going on in the early 60's, I'm not putting anything past anyone.

The Mob was the favorite source for agents to do wet work and still is. More assassinations go on than we have any idea of. Recently a Boeing employee supposedly committed suicide in the company parking lot. He had been testifying about why doors were falling off in flight. It has led to employees being hired for DEI reasons and parts imported from cheaper sources etc. He had left a note about not being suicidal, just in case. 

The FBI is still covering up evidence in the shooting in the back of a prominent Democrat operative who was shot on the street after he released information on evil doings. His name eludes me right now. They are also covering up the information on the fake bombs they placed to smear the protestors at the Capitol on January 6, 2020.