GK

Reduction in Texas Oil Production

Data has started to show production is decreasing in Texas oil production.  It seems there is a general concensus it is due to pipeline capacity.  I have a tough time believing this.  Why is there very little mention of the extensive decline rates for the wells?  It would make sense for the oil companies to attempt to push this development away from the public eye in order to keep investors content and hopeful.  "Pipeline Constraints"  sound like the perfect cover up for the declining wells.

What is everyone thoughts?

My belief is that shale is not the future due to the economics and declines, more conventional offshore resources will have to fill the gap.

I can't speak to shale's future, but this is supported by this company is sinking money into an oil by rail terminal--can't imagine sinking money into that type of transportation if its not economically lucrative (and it's not economically lucrative compared to pipelines).

Also there are SOOOO many DUCs in the Permian. Maybe these people are drilling willy nilly with no thoughts of a future return, but that seems like bad business.

I think that this Permian running out of oil business is just hooey.

There was a reason Trump put sanctions on Iran. He knew that USA oil was not enough and OPEC had to increase production. GCC agreed to increase production only in return for sanctions. USA limit has been reached. More oil appears difficult