ML

E-car Sales Collapse

6 hours ago, notsonice said:

better health is not a goal of Coal or Oil......selling more coal and oil is their only goal

footinthemouth stated ....The rest of the world is still trying to just live......yet he ignores that clean air is an essential component in having a good life.....

Clean air from EVs? What have you been reading these days?

• Like 1

(edited)

17 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Once again, Rob you prove why I have you blocked.  Bravo

Your loss, stay ignorant!

I presume you block me because you cant handle a different narrative backed up with data.

Edited by Rob Plant
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

On 8/2/2023 at 8:15 AM, Rob Plant said:

nope its no promo, see below

https://www.equinor.com/energy/hywind-tampen

Here is an eye-opener showing how Chinese EVs are being produced according to investment schemes but not for actual use, and the pollution which results from Chinese unused EVs. There is a promo partway through this but the images are convincing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SEfwoqKRU8

Edited by Ecocharger

On 8/2/2023 at 8:15 AM, Rob Plant said:

nope its no promo, see below

https://www.equinor.com/energy/hywind-tampen

You understand that offshore wind energy requires massive and punitive government subsidies...not worth the investment no matter how you slice it up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

You understand that offshore wind energy requires massive and punitive government subsidies...not worth the investment no matter how you slice it up.

Most major new infrastructure of any kind especially ones that contribute to the energy supply of a country have a degree of government subsidy.

5 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

Amprius Unveils High-Energy Silicon Anode Cell for eVTOL And EV Applications (msn.com)

Tech is improving, electric air travel will come soon (other than the drones we already have).

Petro will take a big hit when short haul flights go electric.

Still trying to say this garbage? It's been two years and we're nowhere closer. Than two years ago. 

You green (red communists) nuts are delusional. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

On 8/4/2023 at 3:33 AM, Rob Plant said:

Most major new infrastructure of any kind especially ones that contribute to the energy supply of a country have a degree of government subsidy.

Those subsidies for offshore wind are prohibitively expensive, the most expensive wind source.

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Like 1

(edited)

4 hours ago, QuarterCenturyVet said:

Still trying to say this garbage? It's been two years and we're nowhere closer. Than two years ago. 

You green (red communists) nuts are delusional. 

That was from this year, try to keep up luddite; I know technology changes too fast for the old folks.  My mom still calls me for help with her computer, have you mastered the e-mail yet or do you still reply-to-all and forward spam?

Edited by TailingsPond

9 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

Those subsidies for offshore wind are prohibitively expensive, the most expensive wind source.

I'll agree with you that currently offshore floating wind is prohibitively expensive, but not fixed offshore wind.

3 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

I'll agree with you that currently offshore floating wind is prohibitively expensive, but not fixed offshore wind.

The problems with construction and transport are huge for offshore anything.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2023 at 5:12 AM, Rob Plant said:

Your loss, stay ignorant!

I presume you block me because you cant handle a different narrative backed up with data.

You mean ZERO data, just stated opinion as if that is reality.  You have shown you REFUSE to do math and pretend Headline propaganda is reality.  That is why I blocked you  It gets old.  Really old replying to those who repeatedly show they have no honor.

• Downvote 1

(edited)

7 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

You mean ZERO data, just stated opinion as if that is reality.  You have shown you REFUSE to do math and pretend Headline propaganda is reality.  That is why I blocked you  It gets old.  Really old replying to those who repeatedly show they have no honor.

You clearly haven't blocked him, or have the self control to just ignore him, as you continue to reply to his posts.

So you are lying, does that show honour?

Edited by TailingsPond
  • Great Response! 1

(edited)

Oil profits down, no surprise there.

Even with massive production cuts the price remains too low.  They want high oil prices which will just make EV's more desirable.

Saudi oil giant Aramco reports $30B in profits, down nearly 40% from last year due to lower prices (msn.com)

"Aramco said the decrease “mainly reflected the impact of lower crude oil prices and weakening refining and chemicals margins.”

The company reported net income of $30 billion, compared to $48 billion in the second quarter of 2022, a decline of 37.8%."

Edited by TailingsPond

16 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

I thought you'd blocked me?

I repeatedly post back up data and links with my comments unlike some people on here.

Unlike you I'm not disingenuous.

On 8/7/2023 at 8:39 AM, Rob Plant said:

This is just for Footinmouth who says I never back up my comments

https://www.offshorewind.biz/2022/02/17/floating-wind-lcoe-to-drop-below-usd-40-mwh-by-2050-installed-capacity-to-reach-264-gw/

14 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Those are only partial cost calculations and include hopeful estimates of future technological breakthroughs which might lower the costs. Not convincing.

"Along with further development of the floating foundation concepts and construction and maintenance, DNV expects significant development in the area of mooring systems."

You have to account for full social costs including government subsidies and fiat decisions which eliminate competition, Those are huge social costs.

On 8/7/2023 at 6:36 PM, TailingsPond said:

You clearly haven't blocked him, or have the self control to just ignore him, as you continue to reply to his posts.

So you are lying, does that show honour?

He can block posts if he wants to, and sometimes review them if he wants to....are you Big Brother? Really creepy, dude.

51 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

He can block posts if he wants to, and sometimes review them if he wants to....are you Big Brother? Really creepy, dude.

Just pointing out the obvious contradiction.   

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

He secretly loves me and cant wait for my posts!🤣

(edited)

Ok let's us update a smidgen..hmm same old song&dance...Go Figure.

Car Dealers Have Way Too Many EVs (and That's Good for Buyers)

About 92,000 EVs currently sit on dealers’ lots; that's a 342% increase from a year ago, when only about 21,000 did so, according to automotive research firm Cox Automotive. (At the current pace of sales, it would take 92 days for dealerships to sell all their electric vehicles. That's 50% more time than the 60 days that's considered normal, and nearly double the 51-day supply of new vehicles overall.)

https://money.com/ev-oversupply-and-buyers/

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

Ya Don't Say....

Production At GM’s Ultium Cells Battery Plant In Ohio Halted

Unfortunately for General Motors, this temporary lapse in Ultium battery production comes at an inconvenient time, as the all-electric 2024 Chevy Silverado EV is set to begin production at the GM Factory Zero plant (née GM Detroit-Hamtramck plant) very soon. Beyond that, the upcoming Chevy Blazer EVand Chevy Equinox EV are just on the horizon, meaning that demand for battery packs for GM electric vehicles will skyrocket in the near future.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2023/06/production-at-gms-ultium-cells-battery-plant-in-ohio-halted/

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Upvote 1