ML

E-car Sales Collapse

On 11/30/2023 at 3:35 AM, Rob Plant said:

Lets face it there will be refineries, FF plants , ICE cars for at least the rest of this century.

However the energy mix will be far more diverse which can only be a good thing IMO.

Clean air to breathe is a must, not just for mankind but for all fauna, so those that are massive polluters should be the first to get canned.

China and India. 

(edited)

2 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

You apparently aren't aware that 99.99% of houses in the US have electricity and the up time is 99.99%

image.png.9e68ad5f5a268aa5c5f659f0c6720295.png

I have electricity in my own house and we have had many brief interruptions of service, usually overnight. My wife complains every time. Not dependable.

The Chinese have had major problems with hydro power and that is why they are committed to coal going forward.

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

I have electricity in my own house and we have had many brief interruptions of service, usually overnight. My wife complains every time. Not dependable.

The Chinese have had major problems with hydro power and that is why they are committed to coal going forward.

According to the EIA those brief outages amount to 7 hours a year on average. That in no way inhibits charging a car. 

1 minute ago, Jay McKinsey said:

According to the EIA those brief outages amount to 7 hours a year on average. That in no way inhibits charging a car. 

Does your wife complain whenever the power goes out? Mine does, and I blame the intermittent nature of electrical supply.

I am no fan of blackouts.

I thought that you avoided buying an EV because of the fear of electrical shock during auto accidents. Was I wrong?

10 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Does your wife complain whenever the power goes out? Mine does, and I blame the intermittent nature of electrical supply.

I am no fan of blackouts.

I thought that you avoided buying an EV because of the fear of electrical shock during auto accidents. Was I wrong?

I live in a civilized place where the electricity is on 99.99% of the time. Blackouts just aren't a problem of any kind.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

I live in a civilized place where the electricity is on 99.99% of the time. Blackouts just aren't a problem of any kind.

Even a few blackouts will cause your wife to complain, though? Am I right?

26 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Even a few blackouts will cause your wife to complain, though? Am I right?

Nope, they are so rare and short that we don't even notice. All our clocks that we use are on wifi and battery so they don't have to be reset.

And your wife complaining doesn't affect the car getting charged. Gas stations stop working during a blackout as well. Very few have backup generators.

14 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

Whats your wife doing in the middle of the night whilst youre asleep ECO?

Should you be worried?

• Haha 1

(edited)

2 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Whats your wife doing in the middle of the night whilst youre asleep ECO?

Should you be worried?

We find out when morning comes that the clocks are crazy. 

Can't depend on electricity. If you are charging at home and the power drops out, bad news.

We are still on an extended honeymoon which has been going on for a long time.

You still on honeymoon time?

Edited by Ecocharger

3 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

We find out when morning comes that the clocks are crazy. 

Can't depend on electricity. If you are charging at home and the power drops out, bad news.

We are still on an extended honeymoon which has been going on for a long time.

You still on honeymoon time?

But of course the power was most likely off for less than an hour which means your car was still fully charged in the morning. 

3 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

But of course the power was most likely off for less than an hour which means your car was still fully charged in the morning. 

I think you mean that EV drivers were possibly charged.

You and I are devoted to fossil fuel vehicles, Jay.

(edited)

1 hour ago, Ecocharger said:

I think you mean that EV drivers were possibly charged.

You and I are devoted to fossil fuel vehicles, Jay.

No because it only takes an hour to top off your EV every night. You are just reality challenged. Absolutely no EV owners complain that blackouts are a problem. 

The average distance driven each day is about 40 miles. EVs have ranges well over 200 miles so a full charge is only required about once a week. If you plug in every night then the charging time is about an hour.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2023/11/30/report-electric-vehicles-have-80-more-problems-than-gas-powered-cars/

Report: Electric Vehicles Have 80% More Problems than Gas-Powered Cars

3,890 PORTLAND, ME - MAY 23: Perry Woods looks under the hood of the Chevy Volt at the Greater Portland Council of Government. Perry, an advocate for electric cars, and others formed the group Drive Electric Maine. The Chevy Volt is fully electric and gets about 238 miles. (Staff photo by …Brianna Soukup/Portland Portland Press Herald via Getty Images
JOHN BINDER
30 Nov 20231,277
3:10

Electric vehicles (EVs) have vastly more problems that arise than gas-powered cars, a new report of American consumers reveals.

The survey from Consumer Reports, which asked owners of about 330,000 vehicles about issues they faced over the last year, found that EVs have almost 80 percent more problems than gas-powered cars using traditional combustion engines.

Most problems consumers face with EVs, the report suggests, are long charging times, a lack of charging stations in general, issues with the lithium-ion battery, outer and interior parts not fitting precisely, and engine failures.

The Associated Press (AP) reports:

Consumer Reports derived its survey data from subscribers who owned EVs from the 2021 through 2023 model years and compared them with other vehicle types. In calculating a vehicle’s average problem rate, the organization assigned extra weight to serious problems such as battery or engine failures. [Emphasis added]

EVs from the 2021 and 2022 model years overall had more than twice the problem rates of internal combustion vehicles. The rates were more closely aligned in the 2023 model year: Those EVs had only 21% more problems than gasoline vehicles, Fisher said. [Emphasis added]

Michael Coram, who lives near Buffalo, New York, told the AP he had to turn his all-electric Chevrolet Bolt SUV on and off up to 12 times before he could get the car into drive because of the region’s cold temperatures.

The AP also noted the massive drop in EV sales as of late. In June 2022, for instance, EV sales had jumped 90 percent from the year prior. By June 2023, that growth in EV sales had slowed to 50 percent.

SUBSCRIBE

By subscribing, you agree to our terms of use & privacy policy. You will receive email marketing messages from Breitbart News Network to the email you provide. You may unsubscribe at any time.

As Breitbart News reported Wednesday, car dealers across the United States are so concerned with EV sales that they are urging President Joe Biden to abandon his EV mandates and carbon emission regulations that would effectively force all-electric cars on consumers.

“The reality, however, is that electric vehicle demand today is not keeping up with the large influx of [EVs] arriving at our dealerships prompted by the current regulations. [EVs] are stacking up on our lots,” the car dealers write:

With each passing day, it becomes more apparent that this attempted electric vehicle mandate is unrealistic based on current and forecasted customer demand. Already, electric vehicles are stacking up on our lots which is our best indicator of customer demand in the marketplace. [Emphasis added]

The lack of enthusiasm for EVs among consumers has similarly set in for the nation’s automakers. As a result, Tesla, General Motors (GM), Mercedes-Benz, and Ford have all started slow-walking their rapid EV production plans.

John Binder is a reporter for Breitbart News. Email him at jbinder@breitbart.com. Follow him on Twitter here.

18 minutes ago, Ron Wagner said:

Most problems consumers face with EVs, the report suggests, are long charging times, a lack of charging stations in general, issues with the lithium-ion battery, outer and interior parts not fitting precisely, and engine failures.

Real reported problems are things not expected at purchase.

The charging times are explicit before purchase, the lack of charging stations is also explicit and mostly irrelevant, parts not fitting precisely has nothing to do with it being electric and finally EVs do not have engines they have motors that do not fail any more often than an engine. 

Just more of your propaganda crap from Brietbart. Ron, if you want to know the problem with society, look in the mirror.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Just more of your propaganda crap from Brietbart. Ron, if you want to know the problem with society, look in the mirror.

Speaking of bloviating...Your pyscopthic chaos is unparalleled,..have you no sense of decency comes to mind...nope notta..not going to happen.

You do understand the only EV manufacturing at the present time would be the Chinese and Tesla. 

It would seem the Chinese government has once again committed over 70 billion in subsidies. The US has cutoff foreign suppliers and the EU is well on its way to such matters.

China

China’s Biggest EV Push Yet: A $72 Billion Package To Supercharge Demand

https://insideevs.com/news/673561/china-new-72-billion-nev-incentives/

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Speaking of bloviating...Your pyscopthic chaos is unparalleled. 

You do understand the only EV manufacturing at the present time would be the Chinese and Tesla. 

It would seem the Chinese government has once again committed over 70 billion in subsidies. The US has cutoff foreign suppliers and the EU is well on its way to such matters.

WTF?? You are an imbecile.

First. the largest car market in the world is China and EV sales their are growing rapidly. You lose. 

Second. Ford just released record sales of their EVs in the US. You lose.

Third. Electric vehicle (EV) sales are surging, especially in Europe, where the market grew by 62% in the past 12 months.You lose.

Provide us with one of your idiotic memes and then go hide in your hole as usual.

(edited)

4 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

WTF?? You are an imbecile.

First. the largest car market in the world is China and EV sales their are growing rapidly. You lose. 

Third. Electric vehicle (EV) sales are surging, especially in Europe, where the market grew by 62% in the past 12 months.You lose.

Provide us with one of your idiotic memes and then go hide in your hole as usual.

Calm down psycho..you once again are manipulating old numbers..I love the below blurb..Biden did not implement any measures. Joe Manchin cut green off at knees. No foreign EV parts...lol 

Biden’s latest China crackdown puts his EV ambitions at risk

The new rules could reduce the number of electric cars that qualify for federal subsidies.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/12/01/biden-china-crackdown-ev-00129475

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

9 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Ya Don't say... Your Green Monster is falling on its lips.

Ford Lost $36,000 For Every Electric Vehicle Sold Last Quarter, So Was Toyota Right?

The first F-150 of every generation sold, for instance, likely loses hundreds of millions of dollars until those investments are recouped as more copies of that original truck are sold. Still, the gap for EV investment is getting worse for the company.

https://www.theautopian.com/ford-lost-36000-for-every-electric-vehicle-sold-last-quarter-so-was-toyota-right/

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

15 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Me lose? You door the EU lost once again and Bigly...just nasty stuff.

Commission launches investigation on subsidised electric cars from China

The European Commission has formally launched today an anti-subsidy investigation into the imports of battery electric vehicles (BEV) from China. The investigation will first determine whether BEV value chains in China benefit from illegal subsidisation and whether this subsidisation causes or threatens to cause economic injury to EU BEV producers. Should both prove true, the investigation will examine the likely consequences and impact of measures on importers, users and consumers of battery electric vehicles in the EU. Based on the investigation's findings, the Commission will establish whether it is in the EU's interest to remedy the effects of the unfair trade practices found by imposing anti-subsidy duties on imports of battery electric vehicles from China.

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/ip_23_4752

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Calm down psycho..you once again are manipulating old numbers..I love the below blurb..Biden did not implement any measures. Joe Manchin cut green off at knees. No foreign EV parts...lol 

Biden’s latest China crackdown puts his EV ambitions at risk

The new rules could reduce the number of electric cars that qualify for federal subsidies.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/12/01/biden-china-crackdown-ev-00129475

Haha! My numbers are all current and correct. Biden was the backer of IRA which passed in 2022. All Manchin has done is to eliminate himself from the Senate. Foreign EV parts are absolutely allowed if they are either allys or at least not adversaries. You continue to show us what an uninformed nincompoop you are.

(edited)

14 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Me lose? You door the EU lost once again and Bigly...just nasty stuff.

Commission launches investigation on subsidised electric cars from China

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/ip_23_4752

And what??? There has been no conclusion and even if there is that a tariff should be set then it will. The US has a tariff that is keeping China made EVs out of the market and yet EV sales just keep growing. It has nothing to do with EV sales in the EU other than maybe slowing them down a bit.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

(edited)

30 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Haha! My numbers are all current and correct. Biden was the backer of IRA which passed in 2022. All Manchin has done is to eliminate himself from the Senate. Foreign EV parts are absolutely allowed if they are either allys or at least not adversaries. You continue to show us what an uninformed nincompoop you are.

Jay you desperately need medication. GM FORD AND VW HAVE CUT EV PRODUCTION...

Volkswagen Halts ID.3, Cupra Born Production In Germany Over Demand Concerns: Report

VW is facing some real challenges with its electric revolution.

https://insideevs.com/news/699216/volkswagen-halts-id3-cupra-born-production-germany/

Honda and General Motors Halt $5B Plans To Develop Affordable Electric Vehicles to Rival Tesla — What Now?

David Nadelle
October 26, 2023·3 min read

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/honda-general-motors-halt-5b-143846561.html

Ford will postpone about $12 billion in EV investment as buyers become more cautious

PUBLISHED THU, OCT 26 20235:23 PM EDTUPDATED FRI, OCT 27 20236:43 AM EDT
KEY POINTS
  • Ford said customers in North America are unwilling to pay a premium for an EV.
  • The company, in turn, is postponing about $12 billion in EV manufacturing investment.
  • Ford’s Model e EV unit lost about $3.1 billion through three quarters this year.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/10/26/ford-will-postpone-about-12-billion-in-ev-investment.html

Here’s every electric vehicle that currently qualifies for the US federal tax credit

https://electrek.co/2023/11/07/which-electric-vehicles-still-qualify-for-us-federal-tax-credit/

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

27 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Jay you desperately need medication. GM FORD AND VW HAVE CUT EV PRODUCTION...

https://insideevs.com/news/699216/volkswagen-halts-id3-cupra-born-production-germany/

Here’s every electric vehicle that currently qualifies for the US federal tax credit

https://electrek.co/2023/11/07/which-electric-vehicles-still-qualify-for-us-federal-tax-credit/

So you claim I need medication and then claim that GM Ford and VW have cut production then cite an article about EVs qualifying for the US tax credit. I think it is clear who needs the medication.

None of those companies have cut production.  Ford in fact just announced record sales of EVs. VW production is being moved to China, which I am sure will set you off but is ultimately irrelevant. If tariffs are placed then the production will return to Europe. I know that is a difficult concept for you to understand.

The only thing that matters is the market share of EVs and that just keeps going up.

image.png.75b38037b40ccc72b3c80e84eec29184.png

Edited by Jay McKinsey

(edited)

10 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

So you claim I need medication and then claim that GM Ford and VW have cut production then cite an article about EVs qualifying for the US tax credit. I think it is clear who needs the medication.

None of those companies have cut production.  Ford in fact just announced record sales of EVs. VW production is being moved to China, which I am sure will set you off but is ultimately irrelevant. If tariffs are placed then the production will return to Europe. I know that is a difficult concept for you to understand.

The only thing that matters is the market share of EVs and that just keeps going up.

image.png.75b38037b40ccc72b3c80e84eec29184.png

EVs are currently in trouble on the sales lots.

I guess you missed this point from above.

"Ford’s Model e EV unit lost about $3.1 billion through three quarters this year."

That is one sad number, a big loss to the bottom line. Pathetic results.

"As part of its third-quarter earnings report, Ford said on Thursday that its electric-vehicle business unit, called Ford Model e, lost $1.3 billion on an operating basis in the period. That’s roughly double its year-ago loss, despite a 26% increase in revenue."

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Upvote 1

On 12/7/2023 at 3:32 AM, Ecocharger said:

EVs are currently in trouble on the sales lots.

I guess you missed this point from above.

"Ford’s Model e EV unit lost about $3.1 billion through three quarters this year."

That is one sad number, a big loss to the bottom line. Pathetic results.

"As part of its third-quarter earnings report, Ford said on Thursday that its electric-vehicle business unit, called Ford Model e, lost $1.3 billion on an operating basis in the period. That’s roughly double its year-ago loss, despite a 26% increase in revenue."

From your link:

“The transition to EVs is well underway. Adoption is growing, even if pace is slower than what the industry, including us, expected,” Lawler said.