ML

E-car Sales Collapse

(edited)

1 hour ago, Ecocharger said:

European-destined EVs are piling up at ports of entry, helplessly waiting for dealers to take them on. Demand for EVs has collapsed in Europe.

Demand for EVs has collapsed in Europe.?????? the article you posted has zero info to support your BS, as usual

can you have someone read to you the article you are referencing firs???????t...........instead of making up stuff

https://qz.com/cars-european-ports-slow-sales-bottlenecks-1851397116#:~:text=Imported vehicles are seriously piling,buildup of new%2C unsold vehicles.

looks like the ports are free parking zones until the car is sold .........why move it to a place where it is not needed....just move it once to the new owners house.....

lol you forgot to post the reason why vehicles are piling up....and from your article..............

your article has no info on EV sales in the EU whatsover

a pile-up of Chinese electric cars as one of the leading causes of the problem, with some companies booking shipping delivery slots without ordering onward transportation. In other instances, carmakers in general are struggling to order trucks because of the lack of drivers and equipment to move the vehicles on.

“Car distributors are increasingly using the port’s car parks as a depot. Instead of stocking the cars at the dealers, they are collected at the car terminal,” said the Port of Antwerp-Bruges, whose port at Zeebrugge is Europe’s busiest port for car imports. “All major car ports” were struggling with congestion, the port added, without specifying the origin of the vehicles.

One car logistics expert said many of the unloaded vehicles were simply staying in the ports until they were sold to distributors or end users.

Cui Dongshu, the secretary-general of the China Passenger Car Association, told FT that inland shipping into European markets is proving difficult for Chinese EV makers.

The clogging up of car terminals comes as many of China’s carmakers, such as BYD, Great Wall, Chery and SAIC, are planning an export push to Europe, both to keep their factories in China running and to capitalise on the region’s appetite for electric cars.

Edited by notsonice

(edited)

2024 sales of cars in the EU

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/europe-passenger-car-sales-the-ev-cool-down-is-such-a-twisted-story-233422.html

EVs Plugins and Hybrids   much greater than Petrol and Diesel combined

Demand for oil in the EU......decreasing every day 

YTD

EV sales are up

Plugin Hybrid sales are up

Non Plug in Hybrids sales are up

Petrol cars (clunkers) sales are down 

Diesel...sales are down over 10 percent

The European Automobile Manufacturers' Association (ACEA) publishes monthly European passenger car registration statistics. Starting from 2022, these statistics became more relevant because they take into account the major powertrain types. I challenge you to dive into the numbers and debunk the assertions that EV sales are on the verge of collapse.

We can see different trends, regardless of monthly variation in some particular periods

Edited by notsonice

On 5/3/2024 at 4:38 AM, Rob Plant said:

I wonder if a brand new EV for $10K will trigger "E-car Sales Collapse" just as Mark Lawson predicted when he started this thread?

Ahh the joys of technology, innovation and good old fashioned competition.

Mark I think you forgot all 3 of these.

I would buy a reliable $10,000 EV if I needed a car but I do not see any chance of one being marketed in the USA. 

8 hours ago, Ron Wagner said:

I would buy a reliable $10,000 EV if I needed a car but I do not see any chance of one being marketed in the USA. 

Is that purely because of protectionism and the US putting on hefty duties to help local manufacturers like Tesla remain competitive?

Ahh the free market, if only it existed!

[URL=https://matchnow.info]Enter and try your luck![/URL]

On 5/8/2024 at 6:16 PM, Ron Wagner said:

Sure... except you used the world "reliable".  To sell for $10k, you have to make it for $3k or more likely $2k.  4 tires today would set you back $500 alone.  The batteries by themselves would cost more than $2k----> So NO, it would not be "reliable" and it certainly would not have range nor would it charge fast.   Technically we have batteries which CAN charge fast, but are VERY expensive and not energy dense and are very INEFFICIENT(78% at best) when charging and why no one puts them in a car.