ML

E-car Sales Collapse

On 8/26/2023 at 1:09 PM, Ecocharger said:

Why can't they sell those EVs?

Why do you ignore the real numbers and just listen to propaganda? EV sales are up 53% YOY.

Plug-In Vehicle Sales

A total of 119,853 plug-in vehicles (97,320 BEVs and 22,533 PHEVs) were sold during July 2023 in the United States, up 53.2% from the sales in July 2022. PEVs captured 9.23% of total LDV sales this month. 

https://www.anl.gov/esia/light-duty-electric-drive-vehicles-monthly-sales-updates

• Upvote 2

(edited)

On 8/26/2023 at 4:44 PM, Ecocharger said:

National numbers show that EVs are piling up unsold. Hey, you couldn't give one to me for free.

No they don't. National numbers show that EV sales are up 53% YOY.

Plug-In Vehicle Sales

A total of 119,853 plug-in vehicles (97,320 BEVs and 22,533 PHEVs) were sold during July 2023 in the United States, up 53.2% from the sales in July 2022. PEVs captured 9.23% of total LDV sales this month.

Edited by Jay McKinsey
  • Upvote 1

On 8/26/2023 at 5:44 PM, Ecocharger said:

EVs are a niche market and are now saturated. Any one who wants an EV already has one.

Any one who wants an EV already has one.?????

and yet sales are up 50 percent Y O Y in the US

Jay points out facts and you babble BS . Point for Jay.... and you?? maybe someday you will post something of value...maybe

When you babble BS.......Any one who wants an EV already has one.......you just become a BS bobble head

(edited)

1 hour ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Why do you ignore the real numbers and just listen to propaganda? EV sales are up 53% YOY.

Plug-In Vehicle Sales

https://www.anl.gov/esia/light-duty-electric-drive-vehicles-monthly-sales-updates

And inventories are accumulating on the sales lots. Inventories are twice as high for EVs as for fossil fuels vehicles.

https://www.coxautoinc.com/market-insights/new-vehicle-inventory-june-2023/

" New-vehicle inventory and prices continued to stabilize in June while electric vehicle inventory climbed, closing the month with twice the days’ supply as new vehicles in total, according to Cox Automotive’s analysis of vAuto Available Inventory data."

Edited by Ecocharger

(edited)

1 hour ago, notsonice said:

Any one who wants an EV already has one.?????

and yet sales are up 50 percent Y O Y in the US

Jay points out facts and you babble BS . Point for Jay.... and you?? maybe someday you will post something of value...maybe

When you babble BS.......Any one who wants an EV already has one.......you just become a BS bobble head

Unsold inventories are swelling for EVs, while fossil fuel cars have low inventories, half as much as EVs.

Edited by Ecocharger

(edited)

5 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

This "Inflation Reduction Act" is beginning to take its toll, by the end of the 1st quarter in 2024 the automotive landscape will be in a very serious state of condition.. 

The Collapse of the EV SPACs: Another One Goes Bankrupt, Others on the Verge   

We’ll get to a bunch more charts like this in moment, with lots of scandals around them. The SPAC boom in 2020 and 2021 will surely go down in history as one of the biggest stock market heists ever. It has left behind a trail of investigations and settlements and scandals. Short sellers had a big party.

https://wolfstreet.com/2023/08/09/the-collapse-of-the-ev-spacs-another-one-goes-bankrupt-others-on-the-verge/

Inflation Reduction Act Guidebook

1. HOME
  2. CLEAN ENERGY
MENU
TO SEARCH THIS SITE, ENTER A SEARCH TERM

•  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
  •  
  •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Investing in America – CleanEnergy.gov

NAVIGATE THIS SECTION

Select   Clean Energy Updates   Inflation Reduction Act Guidebook   Clean Energy Tax Provisions in the Inflation Reduction Act   EV Acceleration Challenge   Funding for Tribes in the Inflation Reduction Act   Open Funding Opportunities   Direct Pay 

The Inflation Reduction Act lowers energy costs for consumers and small businesses while creating good-paying jobs as America’s clean energy economy and manufacturing sectors grow. Learn more below on how you or your family can save on utility bills, get support to purchase electric vehicles and energy-saving appliances, and access the economic opportunities of the clean energy future.

Find out which programs are available to you so that you can benefit from American made clean energy as soon as today, and sign up below to be the first to receive updates and take advantage of these opportunities.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/cleanenergy/inflation-reduction-act-guidebook/

Sounds like a Biden & Co. government campaign to promote EVs to me, and it still cannot stop the buildup of unsold EV inventory. Tough luck.

Edited by Ecocharger

(edited)

2 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Those are June numbers, sales were rip roaring in July!

Give us the new quote from Cox, Jay. How are those mountains of unsold EVs doing? Still piling up?

Edited by Ecocharger

14 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Give us the new quote from Cox, Jay. How are those mountains of unsold EVs doing? Still piling up?

That is your problem not mine. Sales in July were up a stupendous 53% which is an absolute disaster for you.

4 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

That is your problem not mine. Sales in July were up a stupendous 53% which is an absolute disaster for you.

53% over June? I think that if inventories were still piling up to historic levels, that is your problem, not mine.

23 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

53% over June? I think that if inventories were still piling up to historic levels, that is your problem, not mine.

OMG you are dumb. I have repeatedly posted the government information and it clearly states YOY which is the only viable way to calculate auto sales because of tremendous cyclicality. If you were an economist you would know that.  Sales matter much more than inventories.. 

16 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Sales matter much more than inventories.. 

I assume you are a graduate of Sears school of economics?

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

51 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

I assume you are a graduate of Sears school of economics?

Counter his argument instead of insulting his education, especially considering he is clearly far more educated than you are.

How are inventories more important that sales?  Lets say I'm selling water, diamonds, or tar sands oil.  Essentially unlimited quantity of inventory, the only thing that matters is sales.  

Edited by TailingsPond

(edited)

1 hour ago, Jay McKinsey said:

OMG you are dumb. I have repeatedly posted the government information and it clearly states YOY which is the only viable way to calculate auto sales because of tremendous cyclicality. If you were an economist you would know that.  Sales matter much more than inventories.. 

Inventory buildups lead to price drops and market retraction, old boy. If you actually studied economics.

Edited by Ecocharger

(edited)

4 minutes ago, TailingsPond said:

Counter his argument instead of insulting his education, especially considering he is clearly far more educated than you are.

How are inventories more important that sales?  Lets say I'm selling water, or tar sands oil.  Essentially unlimited quantity of inventory, the only thing that matter is sales.

No, inventories call the tune for prices and production. Ever notice how the oil industry works?

And did you study economics, my friend?

Edited by Ecocharger

1 minute ago, Ecocharger said:

No, inventories call the tune for production. Ever notice how the oil industry works?

And did you study economics, my friend?

The oil industry is always in boom or bust.  It is screwed up, never achieving equilibrium.

Sales fund production unless you need subsidies to exist.  So it comes back to sales being more important.   

1 minute ago, TailingsPond said:

The oil industry is always in boom or bust.  It is screwed up, never achieving equilibrium.

Sales fund production unless you need subsidies to exist.  So it comes back to sales being more important.   

Production increases or decreases respond to inventory levels.

And did you actually study economics? I did not get your answer to that query.

1 minute ago, Ecocharger said:

Production increases or decreases respond to inventory levels.

And did you actually study economics? I did not get your answer to that query.

Production is not the driver of business, money is.  Sales bring in money.

I will not acknowledge logic failures (Ad hominem), especially when you fail to write proper sentences while doing so. :)

"Production increases or decreases [in response to] inventory levels."

(edited)

4 minutes ago, TailingsPond said:

Production is not the driver of business, money is.  Sales bring in money.

I will not acknowledge logic failures (Ad hominem), especially when you fail to write proper sentences while doing so. :)

"Production increases or decreases [in response to] inventory levels."

Yes, "Production increases or decreases respond to inventory levels."

There was nothing wrong with my statement above, I guess you certainly skipped English class.

And you did study economics, old boy? I really am wondering.

Edited by Ecocharger

(edited)

8 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Yes, production increases or decreases in response to inventory levels.

There was nothing wrong with my statement above, I guess you certainly skipped English class.

Yet, you accepted my correction. :)

I will not acknowledge logic failures (Ad hominem).

You remain overly focused on forecasting and inventory management when sales ($$$$) is what really matters.

Oil continues to fall... <$80

Edited by TailingsPond

10 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Yes, "Production increases or decreases respond to inventory levels."

Looks like there was nothing wrong with the statement, I guess you were confused as usual.

And where did you study Economics, old boy?

(edited)

44 minutes ago, TailingsPond said:

Sales fund production unless you   "need subsidies to exist"

There ya go...Ding Ding Ding...We have a winner.

I'll Leave It With You.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

(edited)

10 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

There ya go...Ding Ding Ding...We have a winner.

I'll Leave It With You.

The winner is me.  You accept that sales are more important than production or inventory.

Edited by TailingsPond

1 minute ago, TailingsPond said:

The winner is me.  You accept that sales are more important that production or inventory.

You seem to be still confused about the role of inventories.

Now, where did you say you studied economics?

(edited)

8 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

You seem to be still confused about the role of inventories.

Now, where did you say you studied economics?

Inventories are meaningless to the consumer. 

Think of something simple like a childhood lemon aid stand.  What matters more, the size of the pitcher you make the drink in or how many paying customers you have?

Edited by TailingsPond