ML

E-car Sales Collapse

On 6/23/2024 at 11:43 PM, notsonice said:

it is inevitable that cheap, under $15,000 Compact EVs will be on the market in the US ...and AWD SUV EVs for under $35,000 and they will compete head on to the existing ICE vehicles and the way BYD is heading , they will be cheaper than their counterpart ICE vehicles......

less parts ....according to Tesla, their drivetrain only has about 17 moving parts compared to the 200 or so in a typical drivetrain for an internal combustion engine (ICE)> Vehicle simplicity coupled with low purchase/operating cost will win as it now is happening in China

The reason that EVs in China are now 50 percent of the market is price price price...Two years from now in China.......my bet 90 percent EVS/plugins

how does the US  get there???? It is not unreasonable where BYD will set up shop in the US with or without union labor........All they have to do is start a business in the US , issue stock on the NYSE, do a public offering and issue stock to its existing shareholders in exchange for funding...

Number one problem in the US......Tesla is too expensive and their cyber truck????????????? People like the style of existing ICE pickup trucks...not a stretch to have low priced pickups (as once existed in the US) with an battery pack/electric motor

Rome was not built in a day

The US will welcome inexpensive EVs and Plug in hybrids  just so they are made in America .............Clunkers are doomed

as for China's economy...............too many empty apartments .....not enough people to fill them

.the Answer in China....allow for mass immigration from ha ha ha India and the poor countries of the world

China is a very racist country, based on what I have read. China is ruled by Han Chinese and the other groups of conquered nations are looked down upon. Correct me if you can, I would like to think otherwise. Yes they should allow legal immigration either for workers or for full citizenship. That is only logical for any nation that is losing population and is not already overpopulated IMHO. 

59 minutes ago, Ron Wagner said:

China is a very racist country, based on what I have read. China is ruled by Han Chinese and the other groups of conquered nations are looked down upon. Correct me if you can, I would like to think otherwise. Yes they should allow legal immigration either for workers or for full citizenship. That is only logical for any nation that is losing population and is not already overpopulated IMHO. 

China is a very racist country???

I do not know....just know they are building Inexpensive (cheap??? do not know if the quality is bad so I would not call them cheap or tinney) affordable EVs and plug in hybrids for the masses that are less cost than ICE vehicles 

The Chinese are ruthless competitors ....they obviously have no problems in being capitalistic when they need to wipe out their competition and Iron handed in ruling their own when it suits their political needs

as for their population decline...it is a lessen we know that bringing in immigrants grows the economy over a long term as The US has experienced from 1600 to now.......Having a country shrink in population.........??????  good luck to China as I believe without growth you stagnant  IE Italy and Japan and your younger people want to then leave for more energetic places to live...Who wants to live in a place with nothing but old people??????? changing adult diapers is not a career opportunity

look at Texas...it thrives and its populatiion is booming and  has the makeup that is distinctly 50 - 50 US/Mexican all due to its influx from south of the border or the influx from north of Texas...a booming place with booming inflows from all parts..Is Texas racist???do not know but my guess is actually no it is just a perception non Texas make up

Hispanic Texans are estimated to be the state's largest demographic group. Hispanic residents accounted for 40.2% of the state's population in 2021, while non-Hispanic white residents accounted for 39.4%, according to estimates from the U.S. Census Bureau.Sep 15, 2022

22 hours ago, notsonice said:

China is a very racist country???

I do not know....just know they are building Inexpensive (cheap??? do not know if the quality is bad so I would not call them cheap or tinney) affordable EVs and plug in hybrids for the masses that are less cost than ICE vehicles 

The Chinese are ruthless competitors ....they obviously have no problems in being capitalistic when they need to wipe out their competition and Iron handed in ruling their own when it suits their political needs

as for their population decline...it is a lessen we know that bringing in immigrants grows the economy over a long term as The US has experienced from 1600 to now.......Having a country shrink in population.........??????  good luck to China as I believe without growth you stagnant  IE Italy and Japan and your younger people want to then leave for more energetic places to live...Who wants to live in a place with nothing but old people??????? changing adult diapers is not a career opportunity

look at Texas...it thrives and its populatiion is booming and  has the makeup that is distinctly 50 - 50 US/Mexican all due to its influx from south of the border or the influx from north of Texas...a booming place with booming inflows from all parts..Is Texas racist???do not know but my guess is actually no it is just a perception non Texas make up

Hispanic Texans are estimated to be the state's largest demographic group. Hispanic residents accounted for 40.2% of the state's population in 2021, while non-Hispanic white residents accounted for 39.4%, according to estimates from the U.S. Census Bureau.Sep 15, 2022

So which Chinese EV have you purchased and drive around in?