Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Savalas Harrell

What Will We Do Without Oil

hay guys how is everyone today don't be on here much today i wont to ask you guys something what will we do with out oil i think it will bring on big thinks on how we can do with out it.

Just now, Savalas Harrell said:

hay guys how is everyone today don't be on here much today i wont to ask you guys something what will we do with out oil i think it will bring on big thinks on how we can do with out it.

let me know 

52 minutes ago, Savalas Harrell said:

Well, that won't happen in our lifetimes, or our great great great grand kids lifetimes so....

• Upvote 2

Our dependence on energy (particularly electricity) is more addicting than any "recreational chemistry".

That does not even consider how much modern materials (such as plastics), many of those "recreational chemicals", and other pharmaceuticals rely on petroleum.  It will be quite a while until we find substitutes in sufficient quantity.

The withdrawal symptoms will be massive and wide spread. 

Not to say it is impossible, it is just gonna take quite a while. 

A long while.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, turbguy said:

Our dependence on energy (particularly electricity) is more addicting than any "recreational chemistry".

That does not even consider how much modern materials (such as plastics), many of those "recreational chemicals", and other pharmaceuticals rely on petroleum.  It will be quite a while until we find substitutes in sufficient quantity.

A long while.

?  Coal, NG, if one assumes you do not wish to use Shale Oil and its untold trillions of barrels.  Vastly more Coal, NG than oil by orders of magnitude more.  Of course nuclear we have ~million years of Uranium before we throw in much more prevalent Thorium to provide energy to upconvert organic matter into petroleum products. 

13 hours ago, Savalas Harrell said:

That may never happen ever!

The world would starve without fertiser, no roads, clothing would have to fundamentally change and become very expensive. This isnt just about an EV revolution, we need FF for so much more and probably always will.

• Upvote 1

On 2/15/2023 at 8:13 PM, turbguy said:

A long while.

More like it will never happen while humans are still on the earth.