Ron Wagner

Russian Officials Voice Concerns About Chinese-Funded Rail Line

On 6/4/2023 at 10:01 AM, Boat said:

China makes enemies of peaceful neighbors and trading partners. They are to dumb to worry about. They will self implode like Russia from lack of simple common sense. 

You shouldn't believe everything the MSM portrays to you.  At least in my region, we are still peaceful neighbours.

https://www.lowyinstitute.org/publications/asia-power-snapshot-china-united-states-southeast-asia

China's claims in the South China Sea has its merits, and dates back historically before our region became independent from Western colonialism. This territory is claimed both by the Republic of China (Taiwan) and the PRC.

https://en.mofa.gov.tw/theme.aspx?n=1462&s=40&sms=294#:~:text=The South China Sea Islands,the sea is beyond dispute.

The militarisation of the South China Sea was pioneered by my country Malaysia, then followed by the Philippines and only much later by China. 

In spite of the overlapping claims, and because we have coexisted peacefully for thousands of years, we believe that issues can be resolved through compromise.  What we resent is America trying to instigate and provoke conflict between us and China.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 5/1/2023 at 9:23 AM, Ron Wagner said:

The people of Belarus are even more unhappy with their government but are brutally repressed by their government too. 

In 2011, Belarus suffered a severe economic crisis attributed to Lukashenko's government's centralized control of the economy, with inflation reaching 108.7%.[106] Around the same time the 2011 Minsk Metro bombing occurred in which 15 people were killed and 204 were injured. Two suspects, who were arrested within two days, confessed to being the perpetrators and were executed by shooting in 2012. The official version of events as publicised by the Belarusian government was questioned in the unprecedented wording of the UN Security Council statement condemning "the apparent terrorist attack" intimating the possibility that the Belarusian government itself was behind the bombing.[107]

180px-Alexander_Lukashenko%2C_opening_of_Slavianski_Bazar_2014.jpg

Alexander Lukashenko has ruled Belarus since 1994.

Mass protests erupted across the country following the disputed 2020 Belarusian presidential election,[108] in which Lukashenko sought a sixth term in office.[109] Neighbouring countries Poland and Lithuania do not recognize Lukashenko as the legitimate president of Belarus and the Lithuanian government has allotted a residence for main opposition candidate Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya and other members of the Belarusian opposition in Vilnius.[110][111][112][113][114] Neither is Lukashenko recognized as the legitimate president of Belarus by the European Union, Canada, the United Kingdom nor the United States.[115][116][117][118] The European Union, Canada, the United Kingdom and the United States have all imposed sanctions against Belarus because of the rigged election and political oppression during the ongoing protests in the country.[119][120] Further sanctions were imposed in 2022 following the country's role in the invasion of Ukraine.[121][122] These include not only corporate offices and individual officers of government but also private individuals who work in the state-owned enterprise industrial sector.[123] Norway and Japan have joined the sanctions regime which aims to isolate Belarus from the international supply chain. Most major Belarusian banks are also under restrictions.[123]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belarus

America's wealth is derived from consumption, running massive trade deficits and printing huge amount of dollars.  Weaponizing the dollar is causing a backlash, in my part of the world and it seems globally.  You shouldn't shit where you eat.

https://fortune.com/2023/06/02/global-backlash-us-dollar-currency-brazil-china-india-malaysia-france/

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Hotone said:

America's wealth is derived from consumption, running massive trade deficits and printing huge amount of dollars.  Weaponizing the dollar is causing a backlash, in my part of the world and it seems globally.  You shouldn't shit where you eat.

https://fortune.com/2023/06/02/global-backlash-us-dollar-currency-brazil-china-india-malaysia-france/

Please explain your grievances with the dollar being most powerful? What difference does it make to have the largest economy have the strongest currency, versus the poorer countries? 

(edited)

On 6/6/2023 at 1:08 PM, Ron Wagner said:

Please explain your grievances with the dollar being most powerful? What difference does it make to have the largest economy have the strongest currency, versus the poorer countries? 

I am not unhappy that the US has a strong currency and economy.  I would be very happy if America used that wealth to tackle domestic social issues, rather than use it for waging war.

We have had problems with the US dollar in the past e.g. the Asian financial crisis of 1997.  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_Asian_financial_crisis

At the time, our regional economies were going strong and most governments had sound fiscal policies,  i.e. most countries had public budget surpluses. However, we had a lot of external debt in US dollars.  American rouge vulture capitalists led by George Soros took the opportunity to attack our currencies and caused huge economic disruption.  

Fast forward, and today it is America that is acting rogue. E.g. Between 2021 and 2022, America printed More Than Double the amount of US dollar in all previous circulation, thereby debasing what other countries worked so hard to earn.  America has also weaponized the dollar to wage economic war on its enemies, in a manner that ensnares innocent third parties.  It has become too risky to hold onto the dollar as a reserve currency, at least in my region.  More than 80% of our trade is intraregional and with China; perhaps 10% is with the US.  It doesn't make sense for us to use the dollar for trade and as reserve, and it carries very high risk.

https://www.aseanbriefing.com/news/asean-finance-ministers-and-central-banks-consider-dropping-us-dollar-euro-and-yen-indonesia-calls-for-phasing-out-visa-and-mastercard/

Edited by Hotone
  • Like 2

On 6/5/2023 at 5:44 AM, Hotone said:

You shouldn't believe everything the MSM portrays to you.  At least in my region, we are still peaceful neighbours.

https://www.lowyinstitute.org/publications/asia-power-snapshot-china-united-states-southeast-asia

China's claims in the South China Sea has its merits, and dates back historically before our region became independent from Western colonialism. This territory is claimed both by the Republic of China (Taiwan) and the PRC.

https://en.mofa.gov.tw/theme.aspx?n=1462&s=40&sms=294#:~:text=The South China Sea Islands,the sea is beyond dispute.

The militarisation of the South China Sea was pioneered by my country Malaysia, then followed by the Philippines and only much later by China. 

In spite of the overlapping claims, and because we have coexisted peacefully for thousands of years, we believe that issues can be resolved through compromise.  What we resent is America trying to instigate and provoke conflict between us and China.

Thank you for your viewpoint. I appreciate your opinion. I do not understand how WE are instigating and provoking conflict between you and China. I do know that China is trying to control the area. We have already defeated the Japanese over that issue. By defeating Japan we freed China! We also enabled all of the South Pacific including Australia and New Zealand etc. to live without learning Japanese. That includes Malaysia and New Guinea. We lost the lives of thousands of Americans and billions of dollars in the process. IMHO we have the right to continue assuring that the sea channels remain free. Any problems Malaysia and other countries have with this can be negotiated with our state department etc. That is my point of view. 

On 6/5/2023 at 5:44 AM, Hotone said:

If China wants the South China Sea it’s obvious they want to quit trade with its neighbors. You and China will have to be taught what international rules mean. The peace for thousands of years is hyperbole. The US saved the Russians and the Chinese from the Germans just 80 years ago. The US dosent need any help controlling China. The US just wants freedom for all and trade in the area. China is free to retreat from the world and go back to farming with water buffalo. Chinas people just need better leaders like most of the world does. If China wants to lead it has to be smart, not an emotional basket case like Trump for example. 

On 6/7/2023 at 12:09 AM, Hotone said:

I am not unhappy that the US has a strong currency and economy.  I would be very happy if America used that wealth to tackle domestic social issues, rather than use it for waging war.

We have had problems with the US dollar in the past e.g. the Asian financial crisis of 1997.  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_Asian_financial_crisis

At the time, our regional economies were going strong and most governments had sound fiscal policies,  i.e. most countries had public budget surpluses. However, we had a lot of external debt in US dollars.  American rouge vulture capitalists led by George Soros took the opportunity to attack our currencies and caused huge economic disruption.  

Fast forward, and today it is America that is acting rogue. E.g. Between 2021 and 2022, America printed More Than Double the amount of US dollar in all previous circulation, thereby debasing what other countries worked so hard to earn.  America has also weaponized the dollar to wage economic war on its enemies, in a manner that ensnares innocent third parties.  It has become too risky to hold onto the dollar as a reserve currency, at least in my region.  More than 80% of our trade is intraregional and with China; perhaps 10% is with the US.  It doesn't make sense for us to use the dollar for trade and as reserve, and it carries very high risk.

https://www.aseanbriefing.com/news/asean-finance-ministers-and-central-banks-consider-dropping-us-dollar-euro-and-yen-indonesia-calls-for-phasing-out-visa-and-mastercard/

You may have a valid point there but it is beyond my understanding. In my opinion the last thing Malaysia should be doing  is strengthening China because IMO they are a great threat to all of their neighbors. China is made up of many nations that were once neighbors. 

(edited)

@Rob PlantUkraine will never be NATO member. The war will be for 20-30 years it is a trench war. Russia is too strong. And US Ukrainian help is just too low to change the matrix. My friends brother was in a new  UK tank and all apart him died. He was not released, he still is in the tank although heavily wounded. This way all young people I know are escaping Ukraine with high bribes, up to 6000 USD per head to escape conscription and 75% probablility of death. I know many people that escaped, there are no more patriots in Ukraine cause Ukraine keeps them in the army until DEATH. I already written I rent a flat , a space for Ukrianians to get out of conscription. POut of death. I am no political activist I do my rents for money just keep people underground under false names so they could never be repatriated to Ulraine and back to Ukraine front war.

Edited by Marcin2
  • Rolling Eye 1

14 hours ago, Marcin2 said:

@Rob PlantUkraine will never be NATO member. The war will be for 20-30 years it is a trench war. Russia is too strong. And US Ukrainian help is just too low to change the matrix. My friends brother was in a new  UK tank and all apart him died. He was not released, he still is in the tank although heavily wounded. This way all young people I know are escaping Ukraine with high bribes, up to 6000 USD per head to escape conscription and 75% probablility of death. I know many people that escaped, there are no more patriots in Ukraine cause Ukraine keeps them in the army until DEATH. I already written I rent a flat , a space for Ukrianians to get out of conscription. POut of death. I am no political activist I do my rents for money just keep people underground under false names so they could never be repatriated to Ulraine and back to Ukraine front war.

Ukraine will never be NATO member.??? just a few years ago Finland and Sweden were 100 percent......will never be NATO members

the Baltic's???? ....no one thought 30 years ago that the Baltic nations would all join

NATO grows stronger every day and Russia grows weaker

Russia is too strong???? well they sure are not looking very strong these days.

poorly trained soldiers ....crappy equipment..........

Enjoy Reality

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/17/2023 at 9:51 PM, Ron Wagner said:

From what I read, the ethnic future of the entire eastern two thirds of Russia is very vulnerable to eventually becoming increasingly influenced by China and North Korea. It may be many decades from now, but the number of ethnic groups in Russia is going to be a major issue as ethnic Russians are overwhelmed by ethnic Asians. I think that there are many plans being hatched in Northern and Central Asia as well regarding who will be influencing who. 

https://www.quora.com/How-is-the-population-distributed-in-Russia

main-qimg-ae8b6d8e9f60d5827f76b5a8c3742fe5-c

Of course you are right. Most of what is today China is conquered from Mongolia, Manchuria, Tibet, Muslim Xinjiang etc. North Korea is their puppet and will share in the future bounty. The question is if the native peoples will regain their independence in the long term! America and Europe and other countries  can help to insure that as we should now in Ukraine. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/11/2024 at 11:22 AM, notsonice said:

Ukraine will never be NATO member.??? just a few years ago Finland and Sweden were 100 percent......will never be NATO members

the Baltic's???? ....no one thought 30 years ago that the Baltic nations would all join

I really hope YOU ARE RIGHT. But I live in the region for 50 years and are still afraid of Russian bear although Poland is a NATO member.

and yet you post

Ukraine will never be NATO member.

at the same time you tout being a NATO member and are happy with it

In the US we all are working in the long run on the behalf of Ukraine no different than we did for Poland

please sit by with your negative comments

• Great Response! 1

8 minutes ago, notsonice said:

and yet you post

Ukraine will never be NATO member.

at the same time you tout being a NATO member and are happy with it

In the US we all are working in the long run on the behalf of Ukraine no different than we did for Poland

please sit by with your negative comments

I upvote your every comment, cause you are right, but have no experience on the ground, like i have, you live 6000 miles away in safe US.

I really hope Ukraine will be the NATO member, I REALLY DO. 

If it ever happens if US would have enough POWER to do it, it would be one of the HAPPIEST days of my life, cause it would make my family, my 3 daughters much safer.

Maybe I should be more on the optimist side.

@Rob PlantMaybe I was too much a realist. I really hoper Ukraine would be a NATO member, and the world and most of all Poland would be much safer. THe problem is with Russian soul, Russian pride. Many people in Russia really back Putin cause they long for Soviet Union. In eastern Europer we hate Soviet Union and Russia as well.