Tom Kirkman

"Be Prepared to Die" Trinidad Union Leader Tells Oil Workers

< *facepalm* >

Remind me not to accept any oil gigs in Trinidad and Tobago.

Be prepared to die, Duke tells oil workers

Public Services Association (PSA) president Watson Duke was in a fiery mood on Wednesday night as he called on members of the Oilfields Workers’ Trade Union (OWTU) to shut down the country for a day.

Addressing the closure of the Petrotrin refinery at a public meeting at Southern Main Road, Marabella, on Wednesday, Duke said workers must be prepared to sacrifice their lives to save the company. “Every revolution has soldiers who are willing fight battles, live or die,” he said. “We must be prepared to die in battle for what we believe in.”

He said he is confident that the OWTU is going to win this fight against the government, which was looking to sell out Petrotrin.

4 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

“We must be prepared to die in battle for what we believe in.”

He said he is confident that the OWTU is going to win this fight against the government, which was looking to sell out Petrotrin.

And now you know why the government wants to sell that plant.  Dealing with this guy;  any takers out there?

5 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

< *facepalm* >

Remind me not to accept any oil gigs in Trinidad and Tobago.

Be prepared to die, Duke tells oil workers

Public Services Association (PSA) president Watson Duke was in a fiery mood on Wednesday night as he called on members of the Oilfields Workers’ Trade Union (OWTU) to shut down the country for a day.

Addressing the closure of the Petrotrin refinery at a public meeting at Southern Main Road, Marabella, on Wednesday, Duke said workers must be prepared to sacrifice their lives to save the company. “Every revolution has soldiers who are willing fight battles, live or die,” he said. “We must be prepared to die in battle for what we believe in.”

A friend of mine a former Geologist (now works as a waste and recycling manager) got stabbed and shot in T&T in the early 1980's while working in O&G. I doubt things have improved at all.

• Like 1