Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ML

Cheaper prices due to renewables - forget it

(edited)

3 hours ago, specinho said:

Go on....... define "alkaline" .

dumbass....

I used the word alkalinity not alkaline...can you even read ??? I can definitely tell you do not comprehend the science at all.....you really have no clue do you.....

so here is Alkalinity  ...a very simple laymans definition

Alkalinity is a chemical measurement of a water's ability to neutralize acids. Alkalinity is also a measure of a water's buffering capacity or its ability to resist changes in pH upon the addition of acids or bases.

now go back to school and learn some aqueous chem.........

here is a good start read this link I am posting below and spend a few years learning all the background info needed ...
chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.soest.hawaii.edu/oceanography/courses/OCN623/Spring2012/CO2pH.pdf

this is a typical grad level course in Aqueous chem...........

this is just one days lecture on the subject of CO2 and how it affects the oceans and ph.......... Good luck...hope you are up on your chemistry 

now back to the problem with excess CO2 in the atmosphere and the effect on pH of the oceans

as ph of the oceans lower the ability to neutralize newly formed acids decrease
the charts below shows the oceans are in severe trouble...try to understand the pH buffer points (the chem equations for the 3 curves are easily found on the web 

image.jpeg.55c33971124a93e7bf097954eb521024.jpeg
Alkalinity - Wikipedia

Edited by notsonice

On 1/9/2024 at 10:51 AM, TailingsPond said:

He is so ignorant he doesn't know the word he should use is ignorance.  The guy can barely read and write yet thinks he can outsmart academics.  This forum is entertainment gold.

In fairness I dont think English is his first language

17 hours ago, notsonice said:

dumbass....

I used the word alkalinity not alkaline...can you even read ??? I can definitely tell you do not comprehend the science at all.....you really have no clue do you.....

so here is Alkalinity  ...a very simple laymans definition

Alkalinity is a chemical measurement of a water's ability to neutralize acids. Alkalinity is also a measure of a water's buffering capacity or its ability to resist changes in pH upon the addition of acids or bases.

now go back to school and learn some aqueous chem.........

here is a good start read this link I am posting below and spend a few years learning all the background info needed ...
chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.soest.hawaii.edu/oceanography/courses/OCN623/Spring2012/CO2pH.pdf

this is a typical grad level course in Aqueous chem...........

this is just one days lecture on the subject of CO2 and how it affects the oceans and ph.......... Good luck...hope you are up on your chemistry 

now back to the problem with excess CO2 in the atmosphere and the effect on pH of the oceans

as ph of the oceans lower the ability to neutralize newly formed acids decrease
the charts below shows the oceans are in severe trouble...try to understand the pH buffer points (the chem equations for the 3 curves are easily found on the web 

image.jpeg.55c33971124a93e7bf097954eb521024.jpeg
Alkalinity - Wikipedia

I said alkaline, not alkalinity.

The ability to produce hydroxide ions, OH-........

You should go back to school, learn some manner and proper basic knowledge ...

Do not brag where you graduated from. Not even Havard, MIT or Cambridge would people give a damn when you can't get the basic definition right.

What a disgrace you are to your school, uni and boss who hires you...

IMG_20240112_103110.jpg

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Alkalinity (from Arabic: القلوية, romanizedal-qaly, lit.'ashes of the saltwort')[1] is the capacity of water to resist acidification.[2] It should not be confused with basicity, which is an absolute measurement on the pH scale. Alkalinity is the strength of a buffer solution composed of weak acids and their conjugate bases. It is measured by titrating the solution with an acid such as HCl until its pH changes abruptly, or it reaches a known endpoint where that happens. Alkalinity is expressed in units of concentration, such as meq/L (milliequivalents per liter), μeq/kg (microequivalents per kilogram), or mg/L CaCO3 (milligrams per liter of calcium carbonate).[3] Each of these measurements corresponds to an amount of acid added as a titrant.

(edited)

On 1/4/2024 at 12:33 AM, specinho said:

😏 You mixed up.

Ice and snow are solid form of water, polar molecules. 

If not mistaken, co2 is non polar. 

Wondering if you ever try to shake a co2 fire extinguisher? Any sound of liquid produced? Even if yes, once used, the critical point of pressure and temperature change will cause mainly gas remains inside?

IMG_20240104_152556.jpg

IMG_20240104_152637.jpg

I refer you to the phase diagram I previously posted. 

The CO₂ in a full class B fire extinguisher is a liquid at cooler temperatures.  At warmer temperatures, it becomes a supercritical fluid.

The main characteristic of a supercritical fluid is its combination of gas-like and liquid-like properties. Unlike a typical gas or liquid, a supercritical fluid exists at a temperature and pressure above its critical point, where the distinct boundaries between the two phases disappear.  There is no phase boundary to "slosh".

Once it is released via the extinguisher's "horn", the supercritical fluid flashes to a gas immediately.

Edited by turbguy
  • Like 1