Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ML

e-cars not selling

22 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Ron this bit I actually agree with, you cant compare apples with pears.

However the USA's unwillingness to go EV or even PHEV on mass due to poor recharging infrastructure, lack of stock on lots (historically), very slow reaction from auto manufacturers (other than Tesla) means the USA will be playing catch up for a long long time and may never find their own vehicles from Ford, GM etc or indeed their infrastructure to be competitive or adequate.

EV's make sense in Europe but until the infrastructure and the battery range are improved upon I understand the reticence for the average US driver to buy one.

Realism and honesty. If I didn't have three good vehicles I would consider a mild hybrid plug in. I almost traded in my big van but the Ford Maverick small pickup truck was not available for a year. Now I am glad I kept my big van because I have a subcompact and a minivan also with low miles. No need. Most Americans just don't have the urge. Our gasoline is about the same real price it ever was considering inflation. The problem is we also prefer larger vehicles with oversize engines. 

• Like 1