DD

Google Under Investigation: U.S., European Regulators Investigating Google Glitch

At least two U.S. states and two European Union member states are investigating a breach at Alphabet Inc’s Google that may have exposed private profile data of at least 500,000 users to hundreds of external developers.The investigations follow Google’s announcement on Monday that it would shut down the consumer version of its social network Google+ and tighten its data-sharing policies after a “bug” potentially exposed user data that included names, email addresses, occupations, genders and ages.
“We are aware of public reporting on this matter and are currently undertaking efforts to gain an understanding of the nature and cause of the intrusion, whether sensitive information was exposed, and what steps are being taken or called for to prevent similar intrusions in the future,” Jaclyn Severance, a spokeswoman for Connecticut Attorney General George Jepsen, said. Google said the issue was discovered and patched in March as part of a review of how Google shares data with other applications. No developer exploited the vulnerability or misused data, the company’s review found.

It was a massive data breach, that they covered up. Hardly a glitch. 

Can they look into RBC trying to cover up clients personal info being leaked too?

As I see, we have a new definition of 'Glitch'  - Google exposes details of half a million users. Glitch is something completely different

These guys at Facebook and Google are doing all of this themselves - problem, reaction, solution.... I hope the sentence will be adequate.

Honestly, I forgot Google+ existed. I had no idea Google Plus ever had 500,000 users.

Nobody was actually using Google + for social media :) Google just bundled it to try and compete with Facebook

G+ is connected to a lot of Google products, so better to say it was a glitch than admit it wasn't fun or useful? Probably both.