Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
turbguy

The United States produced more crude oil than any nation, at any time.

(edited)

4 minutes ago, TailingsPond said:

How did that work out? :)

FYI both Obama and Biden said Nord stream 2 was not a good idea.

Ya Don't Say 

Nord Stream 2: Biden waives US sanctions on Russian pipeline

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57180674

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

I know RIGHT.....

Nord Stream 2: Trump approves sanctions on Russia gas pipeline

President Donald Trump has signed a law that will impose sanctions on any firm that helps Russia's state-owned gas company, Gazprom, finish a pipeline into the European Union.

The sanctions target firms building Nord Stream 2, an undersea pipeline that will allow Russia to increase gas exports to Germany.

The US considers the project a security risk to Europe.

Both Russia and the EU have strongly condemned the US sanctions.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50875935

LNG politics drove it all.........and the distrust of Russia

Gas producers in the US lobbied hard for the bill in congress

it was 5 years ago

Now we need to support Ukraine ...

no one in the US supported Russia 5 years ago except......the guy who called for help from Russia.....

and no one today supports Russia except the traitor who says Russia can do whatever they want.....

Solar and Wind is doing its part in Europe and the dependence on Russian gas today...... Poof

and the result

electricity production in the EU is no longer relying on Russian gas

2024 will end with little to no more gas out of Russia into the EU

image.png.3f96957dcc06cfd8baba3e26588a4c4c.png

Europe's power system gets off to record clean start in 2024 | ReutersEurope's clean power sources on a record roll in early 2024 | Reuters

1 minute ago, notsonice said:

it was 5 years ago

no one in the US supported Russia 5 years ago except......the guy who called for help from Russia.....

and no one today supports Russia except the traitor who says Russia can do whatever they want.....

Solar and Wind is doing its part in Europe and the dependence on Russian gas today...... Poof

and the result

Europe's power system gets off to record clean start in 2024 | ReutersEurope's clean power sources on a record roll in early 2024 | Reuters

166749802_10159230064311382_1586133680039438231_n.png

• Haha 1

(edited)

3 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Kind of hard to sanction companies building the pipeline when the pipeline is already finished.

The sanction was also pissing off EU allies.  It is not the job of the USA to interfere.

Edited by TailingsPond
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

166749802_10159230064311382_1586133680039438231_n.png

guess you regressed to being a 5 year old...............enjoy kindergarten again

it was 5 years ago

and the result

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

The sanction was also pissing off EU allies.  It is not the job of the USA to interfere.

Unless the US needs to fund the EU defense? The EU decides little until they pay their way...ohh the pure irony.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Unless the US needs to fund the EU defense? The EU decides little until they pay their way...ohh the pure irony.

Defence against what? Russia is already weakened - they are unlikely to start a war with a NATO nation.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Little side bar...I thought perhaps the US gene pool was stunted...the EU just stunned me...

Europe’s anti-American itch

Europeans have only themselves to blame for their industrial and strategic failings.

1. NEWS
  2. DEFENSE

Europe’s anti-American itch

Europeans have only themselves to blame for their industrial and strategic failings.

LISTEN
GERMANY-G7-SUMMIT
European officials are trying to blame the greedy Americans for the Continent’s current funk | Pool photo by Susan Walsh/AFP via Getty Images
ANALYSIS
NOVEMBER 30, 2022 6:13 AM CET

BERLIN — It’s gotten cold in Europe, the economy is tanking and the natives are getting restless. There’s only one answer: Blame America.

Pointing across the Atlantic has long been a favorite diversionary tactic for Europe’s political elites when things start to get dicey on the Continent.

Whether it’s the war in Ukraine (Washington shouldn’t have expanded NATO), natural disasters (too many American SUVs fueling climate change) or the demise of French as a lingua franca (cultureless Hollywood), America is inevitably the culprit.

https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-us-anti-american-biden-trade-gas-weapons-economy-inflation-reduction-act/

No European country is anti American!

They may disagree on US foreign policy in their territory or elsewhere in the world, surely its their right to voice their opinion or are you advocating they arent allowed to have free speech?

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

I agree that EU countries not paying their way should be made to pay, you will find certain countries like my own always do pay their way.

To label all European NATO countries as ones that dont pay their way is factually incorrect.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

In TX it is ` $2.5. In Ohio it is... all the way up to JUST over ~$1.  Pennsylvania all the way up to $1.5

If that isn't the definition of ~free I do not know what is. 

No wonder you struggle with math!

"If that isn't the definition of ~free I do not know what is."

Let me help you

I think you'll find the definition of free is $0

How are those tunnels coming along? I bet investors are falling over themselves to be involved 🤡

• Upvote 2

Could anybody explain LNG vs oil? The energy companies that produce LNG produce oil is that right? If so, does pausing LNG imports affect prices at the pump? 

(edited)

4 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

I agree that EU countries not paying their way should be made to pay, you will find certain countries like my own always do pay their way.

To label all European NATO countries as ones that dont pay their way is factually incorrect.

Agreed to a certain extent, NATO as body was my reference, take note here the UK is not a EU member....oddly enough neither is Norway. It would seem they choose not to share their fossil fuel  wealth.

Below a link...reporting the actual contributions.

Only 35% of NATO Countries Meet the Group’s Defense Spending Target

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/articles/2024-02-12/only-35-of-nato-countries-meet-the-groups-defense-spending-target

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Agreed to a certain extent, NATO as body was my reference, take note here the UK is not a EU member....oddly enough neither is Norway. It would seem they choose not to share their fossil fuel  wealth.

Below a link...reporting the actual contributions.

Only 35% of NATO Countries Meet the Group’s Defense Spending Target

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/articles/2024-02-12/only-35-of-nato-countries-meet-the-groups-defense-spending-target

Personally I believe that if you dont pay the required 2% of GDP then you arent part of NATO.

I know theres strength in numbers and my comment is quite naiive, but there has to be some retribution for those that dont pay their way.

Germany, France, Italy and Spain with larger GDP's are the biggest culprits and the ones that bitch and moan the most and try to throw their weight around. There should be an automatic financial penalty equivalent to the amount they are down by otherwise they are thrown out.

• Upvote 2

(edited)

18 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

Personally I believe that if you dont pay the required 2% of GDP then you arent part of NATO.

I know theres strength in numbers and my comment is quite naiive, but there has to be some retribution for those that dont pay their way.

Germany, France, Italy and Spain with larger GDP's are the biggest culprits and the ones that bitch and moan the most and try to throw their weight around. There should be an automatic financial penalty equivalent to the amount they are down by otherwise they are thrown out.

NATO should lower the required percentage. Slowing down the global arms race is good for the planet. 

Canada only contributed 1.38% last year, I think that is plenty.  Furthermore, we are sending loads of military and financial aid to a non-NATO nation.   The Ukraine contributed nothing and is getting lots of support.  So does getting "thrown out" of NATO really matter? No, as the major powers will still fight to maintain global stability / balance.

Edited by TailingsPond
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

In TX it is ` $2.5. In Ohio it is... all the way up to JUST over ~$1.  Pennsylvania all the way up to $1.5

If that isn't the definition of ~free I do not know what is. 

Strange.

Something that is "~free" has a varying and positive monetary price per measure.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, turbguy said:

Strange.

Something that is "~free" has a varying and positive monetary price per measure.

Gas has traded negative Turbguy, at about the same time the EU was in dire straits if I remember correctly.

• Haha 1

(edited)

3 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Gas has traded negative

So has oil.  Does that make oil ~free?

Edited by TailingsPond

5 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Gas has traded negative Turbguy, at about the same time the EU was in dire straits if I remember correctly.

did The gas company send you a check for taking their free gas???????

only a dope would be preaching gas is free...........

• Upvote 2

(edited)

8 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

While that negative price is possible, do you have a reference? 

I only go back to about 2019 on this site's price history chart, and it NEVER went below about $1.50.

I can only say that gas can be a nuisance to exploration and development of wells, so much so, THEY SIMPLY BURN IT OFF rather than sell it. 

It must be cheap!

But, it ain't "~free".

Edited by turbguy

(edited)

18 minutes ago, turbguy said:

While that negative price is possible, do you have a reference? 

I only go back to about 2019 on this site's price history chart, and it NEVER went below about $1.50.

I can only say that gas can be a nuisance to exploration and development of wells, so much so, THEY SIMPLY BURN IT OFF rather than sell it. 

It must be cheap!

But, it ain't "~free".

May 22, 2020  U.S. Henry Hub gas prices were long seen as a floor for European gas, but Dutch gas has already fallen below those levels. Gas prices at the .

West Texas Natural Gas Prices Go Negative for First Time ...

Oct 25, 2022  Natural gas prices in West Texas dipped below zero for the first time since 2020 as booming production overwhelms pipeline networks, ...

Waha NatGas Prices Go Negative

May 10, 2023  The U.S. benchmark, Henry Hub, fell early on Wednesday amid low demand after gaining 1% to a one-week high on Tuesday. Texas oil pump. Mild ...

Mar 14, 2024  The Henry Hub price for natural gas rose by 5.73% and closed March 14 at $1.75. The Waha Hub price is challenged thanks to its connection to ...
Apr 2, 2024  Prices at the Waha hub have been negative since March 11, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration. The EIA blames a warmer-than- .

Edited by notsonice

On 3/18/2024 at 9:32 PM, notsonice said:

oh my he really is a Yankee Doodle Dandy

Ridin' with Biden — editorial cartoon Biden Harris victory

Oil and natural gas would have been had far higher production under Trump! Biden has put barriers in the way of increased production of both. Many states are suffering because of his policies and all consumers. He has caused increased inflation because of higher energy prices, and costs of commercial shippers.