Marina Schwarz

Military man at the Helm of Petrobras?

Learning from Venezuela, I see.  This will not end well.  At all.

• Like 2

Read that again:

SAO PAULO (Reuters) - Jair Bolsonaro, aka "Dr. Evil", the far-right front-runner in Brazil’s presidential election, is mulling a “military name” to take over as chief executive officer of state-run Petroleo Brasileiro SA, the O Estado de S. Paulo newspaper reported on Thursday.

Seriously, you can't make this stuff up!

The party is pandering, right?  They are teasing the idea because military support at the voting poles is like pandering at the wholesale level.  If it does happen, I agree, Venezuela all over again.  

Nobody in Brazil wants their country to become like Venezuela, the problem I presume is lack of understanding what is happening in the moment.  Education is always going to help.  The people of Brazil need to be educated, (we all need to educate ourselves).  They could begin by simply asking "why?"  Why a military leader?  ...But then again maybe they know why, and want to get on the gravy train too.  Or they simply turn their heads, because they don't know what to do, or simply prefer to remain in the dark.   If they were educated it would be harder to turn away from the eventual hardship that would follow.

Same story in the U.S., we want benefits, we prefer not having to work to hard for them,,, leaving us vulnerable to the desires of a few opportunists.   

• Like 1