Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ML

Bad news for e-cars keeps coming

Yes, they are complete death traps... So, they still have 4 wheels, a steering wheel and go back and forth. 

They have over 100 manufacturers of vehicles in China bud. 

Wake up smell the roses; True most of these are glorified golf carts but Most who buy EV's today use their car in same manner, never taking it out of the city.  So, if that is the case, why bother with anything over 35mph/50km/h

• Like 1

(edited)

Here is a brand new Indian car with 4 doors and highway capable for ~$5000USd

https://www.zigwheels.com/renault-cars/kwid

Here is a brand new Indian car with 4 doors and highway capable for ~$7000USd

https://www.zigwheels.com/maruti-suzuki-cars/swift#leadform

Newsflash, the world is not Europe or the USA

Edited by footeab@yahoo.com
  • Like 1

oh my an SUV for less than $14000
ICE vehicles are doomed...cash for clunkers anyone?????

BYD added a new Yuan Up model this week, the “Vitality Edition.” Starting at $13,700 (RMB 99,800), the Vitality model gets up to 250 miles (401 km) CLTC range and is designed to offer buyers more range at a lower price.2 days ago

image.jpeg.31b6cfc359a433052f9733a324ac28ff.jpeg
a day ago

image.jpeg.fb21fb7594c196084d28104d30fd9709.jpeg
a day ago

Feedback

1 day ago  This extended range arrives at a modest price increase of just RMB 3,000 ($400) over the entry-level trim, making it an attractive option for ...
2 days ago  BYD launches new Yuan Up electric SUV model with more range ... BYD launches new Yuan Up electric SUV model with more range for under $14,000.
2 days ago  BYD launches new Yuan Up electric SUV model with more range for under $14,000. In the latest addition to BYD's seemingly ever-expanding EV ...
3 days ago  The new variant of the BYD Yuan Up is priced at RMB 3000 more than the entry-level version, but the range has increased by 100 km to 401 km.
Missing: $14000 ‎| Show results with: $14000
  • Like 1

On 7/5/2024 at 4:27 PM, notsonice said:

when one looks at TVs............they were way overpriced when they were made in the US... 

today.....would any want the US to block out, using tariffs, imported TVs made with parts manufactured in China?????? to bring back manufacturing of TVs in the US????

How much would you be willing to pay for a Made in the USA TV???????? 1000's of dollars for each one???? no one would lo like to turn back that clock

The writing is on the wall ....Tesla's are overpriced and will never take over the US car market unless Tesla can come up with a less than $30,000 EV.....IE Tesla becomes a not for profit enterprise or they get the US to tax credit subsidize them (oh wait that already is happening) 

Tesla's allure in the Chinese market it fading real fast.....Teslas are overpriced in China now compared to the Chinese EV makers

Lower cost EVs/plugin hybrids and hybrids/ICE vehicles can be made available in the US with a middle of the road solution

I agree with you Ron, EVs and ICE vehicles are both  way overpriced............

the middle of the road solution is to allow the Chinese automakers to partner or set up shop in the US to manufacture the batteries, the frames and outer skins , tires and drive trains and do the assembly in the US. As for all the components that require a lot of hand labor.....well you go with low labor countries for those components.....IE wiring harnesses.........electric motors.........seats ....air bag assemblies...taillight assemblies ...small plastic parts .........etc etc

if you do not find a middle road it is only a matter of time before the Asians/Chinese with their low labor costs will dominate the worlds auto manufacturing and markets.........

Shopping for a new car...car shopping vacations with heading  south of the border will become an American pastime  just like Dental implants

Mar 12, 2024  Now the world's top seller of EVs, BYD is eyeing a Mexican plant and is selling $21000 electric Dolphin Minis just across the border.

Dental Implant vacations are very common these days

Get quality dental implants in Colombia, Colombia. Affordable & reliable.
Single Tooth Implant - from $1,000.00 - MIS, Straumann, & More
 · More

Get the confident and healthy smile of your dreams at the best clinic in Costa Rica. Get...

Search Results

4 Dental Implants; IV Sedation. Request appointment. dental tourism mexico. Dental Implant. Starting from. $ 950 / Implant. Implant Placement; Local Anesthesia ..

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

I support the production of low priced vehicles for the masses who need or want them. They could also be ICE vehicles that are currently being planned for American production. Cooperation with Asia could lead to a better world at peace. It could also lead to a dystopia worldwide. Our future foreign policy is crucial in the economic realm. It is an incredibly complicated issue that needs to consider a multitude of factors that are constantly in flux. 

On 7/5/2024 at 2:35 AM, Rob Plant said:

Exactly Ron, only 2 years ago the EU countries were offering subsidies and incentives to buy an EV, now EV's are cheaper than their domestic ICE manufacturers. Technology moves at a pace, Mark Lawson and others on here always fail to recognise this fact!

I have always said we should follow the lowest priced, good quality products, while taking into consideration the other factors of economics and international relations.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ron Wagner said:

I support the production of low priced vehicles for the masses who need or want them. They could also be ICE vehicles that are currently being planned for American production. Cooperation with Asia could lead to a better world at peace. It could also lead to a dystopia worldwide. Our future foreign policy is crucial in the economic realm. It is an incredibly complicated issue that needs to consider a multitude of factors that are constantly in flux. 

I support the production of low priced vehicles for the masses who need or want them. They could also be ICE vehicles that are currently being planned for American production.....

The cheapest American made ICE vehicle is ???? over $20,000

cheapest car available in the US  2024 Nissan Versa ...made in Mexico

If you could import a China made car with no tariffs the US Car industry would collapse overnight

No such thing as a low priced American Produced Car when compared to comparable made in China car

3 minutes ago, notsonice said:

I support the production of low priced vehicles for the masses who need or want them. They could also be ICE vehicles that are currently being planned for American production.....

The cheapest American made ICE vehicle is ???? over $20,000

cheapest car available in the US  2024 Nissan Versa ...made in Mexico

If you could import a China made car with no tariffs the US Car industry would collapse overnight

No such thing as a low priced American Produced Car when compared to comparable made in China car

That remains to be seen. How many people will want Chinese vehicles when there are tariffs on them, which I assume will be.

Did you miss my posts about Toyota, Ford, and GM, planning on building low priced trucks?

I tend towards allowing China into our market and think it might stabilise relations with them. That depends on their future worldwide behavior however. 

Tesla is also planning less expensive models and will be reaching for the low cost market. 

1 minute ago, Ron Wagner said:

That remains to be seen. How many people will want Chinese vehicles when there are tariffs on them, which I assume will be.

Did you miss my posts about Toyota, Ford, and GM, planning on building low priced trucks?

I tend towards allowing China into our market and think it might stabilise relations with them. That depends on their future worldwide behavior however. 

Tesla is also planning less expensive models and will be reaching for the low cost market. 

the anti China sediment is too strong to allow the Chinese to even make their cars in America ...The problem is that China will conquer the car business in the rest of the world (besides the US and EU) first........ second the EU and save the US for last

TVs.....

Computers

Cell Phones

Electronic anything

Appliances

made in China dominates the world

The US automakers for the past 60 years talked about low cost vehicles ...then reality hits home and Labor costs send the actual production overseas or to Mexico.........

and Tesla....good luck as they are still overpriced by $10,000 to $20,000 in the US

• Like 1

On 7/7/2024 at 2:01 PM, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Yes, they are complete death traps... So, they still have 4 wheels, a steering wheel and go back and forth. 

They have over 100 manufacturers of vehicles in China bud. 

Wake up smell the roses; True most of these are glorified golf carts but Most who buy EV's today use their car in same manner, never taking it out of the city.  So, if that is the case, why bother with anything over 35mph/50km/h

Let the realities work this out in the marketplace. Motorcycles are allowed and yet are the most dangerous vehicles on the road.  Anyone who drives, knows that most people drive five over the speed limit, or at higher speeds. This makes it very dangerous for good drivers that want to drive at a lower speed. Anyone driving at the minimum legal rate of speed on a highway is in serious danger of being crashed into by a careless driver. The minimum speed on a public highway is about  40 mph. The maximum is 55 but many drive at 65 to 70 mph. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, notsonice said:

the anti China sediment is too strong to allow the Chinese to even make their cars in America ...The problem is that China will conquer the car business in the rest of the world (besides the US and EU) first........ second the EU and save the US for last

TVs.....

Computers

Cell Phones

Electronic anything

Appliances

made in China dominates the world

The US automakers for the past 60 years talked about low cost vehicles ...then reality hits home and Labor costs send the actual production overseas or to Mexico.........

and Tesla....good luck as they are still overpriced by $10,000 to $20,000 in the US

I just purchased two good walkie talkies for $66 on Amazon. I am told that most people are using these because they are quite adequate and are a great way to get started in emergency communication.  I am also working on an Acer Chromebook that does everything I need to do. I have spent thousands of dollars on many computers in the past but this one beats them all for reliability. It even has gaming if I had time for that. Cost $159.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ron Wagner said:

I just purchased two good walkie talkies for $66 on Amazon. I am told that most people are using these because they are quite adequate and are a great way to get started in emergency communication.  I am also working on an Acer Chromebook that does everything I need to do. I have spent thousands of dollars on many computers in the past but this one beats them all for reliability. It even has gaming if I had time for that. Cost $159.

yep cost cost cost and reliability

EVs are so much simpler than ICE vehicles....Tesla ....well way overpriced and in my book doomed as a car maker 

ICE vehicles vs EVs................KISS applies

Keep It Simple Stupid and ICE vehicles are doomed in the long run solely based on simplicity

Hybrids today are a no brainer and a stepping stone 

• Like 2

(edited)

On 7/7/2024 at 2:28 PM, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Here is a brand new Indian car with 4 doors and highway capable for ~$5000USd

https://www.zigwheels.com/renault-cars/kwid

Here is a brand new Indian car with 4 doors and highway capable for ~$7000USd

https://www.zigwheels.com/maruti-suzuki-cars/swift#leadform

Newsflash, the world is not Europe or the USA

Yes but many people are poor or very economical. Maybe just want a spare car for around town that they can plug in. Also for students who need transportation. Often purchased by the parents. 

Edited by Ron Wagner
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Ron Wagner said:

Yes but many people are poor or very economical. Maybe just want a spare car for around town that they can plug in. Also for students who need transportation. Often purchased by the parents. 

And that is my point: Just because the west has regulated affordable cars OUT of the marketplace does not mean cars sold in Western Europe/USA are REALITY.  In fact those regulations as far as I am concerned should be abolished by and large, but rather just set them as standards which you can place on a car when selling.  After all motorcycles are allowed to be sold.... Road legal scooters which do NOT go over 35mph are allowed to be sold and DRIVEN by nearly ~blind people and both categories are literal death traps.... Yet in the west as soon as something has 4 wheels and 2 or 4 doors SAFETY SAFETY SAFETY "standards" must be adhered to or you cannot sell WTAF!!!

Cars are NOT expensive.  All the EGO driven INTerior and adherence to ever TIGHTER regulations drive the massive cost and why as a percentage of our collective pruchasing power, transportation in the "west" is ever increasing and living standards are falling. 

On 7/30/2024 at 3:42 PM, Ron Wagner said:

Let the realities work this out in the marketplace. Motorcycles are allowed and yet are the most dangerous vehicles on the road.  Anyone who drives, knows that most people drive five over the speed limit, or at higher speeds. This makes it very dangerous for good drivers that want to drive at a lower speed. Anyone driving at the minimum legal rate of speed on a highway is in serious danger of being crashed into by a careless driver. The minimum speed on a public highway is about  40 mph. The maximum is 55 but many drive at 65 to 70 mph. 

And there is zero reason to drive on 4 lane 65mph highway anywhere in the USA, you can bypass them.  This is why 35mph limited scooters are sold which are road legal. 

• Like 1

Dominoes....China's  plan is to take over the world passenger car market with low cost EVs/plugin hybrids

They are doing it as fast as possible.......Canada and Mexico.........the expansion is already taking place

Oil is doomed

On 8/1/2024 at 6:44 PM, footeab@yahoo.com said:

And there is zero reason to drive on 4 lane 65mph highway anywhere in the USA, you can bypass them.  This is why 35mph limited scooters are sold which are road legal. 

Ahhh... Travel between Cheyenne and Laramie.  If you want pavement, you are gonna travel on a section I-80 for part of the way (unless you wanna use a county dirt road or two-track and navigate the cattle guards).

• Like 1

On 5/27/2024 at 10:59 AM, TailingsPond said:

No one you say?

Clearly many, many people have bought EV's.  Your "no one" argument is pretty silly.  Also most of your other downsides are not true.

To sell a vehicle in north America it has to meet safety standards.  Lot of cars (ICE included) have crumple zones instead of being a tank to meet those standards, but they still have to meet those standards.

You also ignore things called warranties and insurance.

Feel free to drive heavy, ugly, beater cars - most people do not want to drive those.

Modern ICE cars are full of computers,  you have to drive something really, really old to protect you from your EMP paranoia.

It would only take a few strikes to take out pipelines and refineries. Gas stations will not be open without electricity. ICE are not immune to terror or war.

Maybe use a horse luddite.

There is something alerting...... 

"If battery dies, everything is locked in..." 

Coincidentally, heard a story  yesterday. An Ev involved in an car accident. Passerbys tried to rescue trapped driver and passengers. However,

1. The car was locked when battery was damaged by collision. No way to open anything from the inside.

2. Windshield and window shields were made of non glass, hard to break material. Very difficult to rescue from the outside.

At the end, only one was saved. The rest burnt when damaged battery started to smoke and caught on fire...

Why is there no emergency  button shall case like this happens? E.g. one press on a red button to unlock doors or windows; one pull to inactivate lithium battery with chemical to prevent further damage...

Hope no one would suggest sprinkler water onto lithium..... 'o' '-'

On 8/31/2024 at 1:54 PM, turbguy said:

Ahhh... Travel between Cheyenne and Laramie.  If you want pavement, you are gonna travel on a section I-80 for part of the way (unless you wanna use a county dirt road or two-track and navigate the cattle guards).

He is so ignorant that he can't understand the desire to drive fast is a reason to use the highway.

Him and Ron are the old men who refuse to drive with the flow of traffic and cause a dangerous problem.

• Rolling Eye 1

On 9/2/2024 at 12:17 AM, TailingsPond said:

He is so ignorant that he can't understand the desire to drive fast is a reason to use the highway.

Him and Ron are the old men who refuse to drive with the flow of traffic and cause a dangerous problem.

Obviously you didn't get the humor in the sarcasm of the little golf cart cars ......

On 9/1/2024 at 10:06 PM, specinho said:

There is something alerting...... 

"If battery dies, everything is locked in..." 

Coincidentally, heard a story  yesterday. An Ev involved in an car accident. Passerbys tried to rescue trapped driver and passengers. However,

1. The car was locked when battery was damaged by collision. No way to open anything from the inside.

2. Windshield and window shields were made of non glass, hard to break material. Very difficult to rescue from the outside.

At the end, only one was saved. The rest burnt when damaged battery started to smoke and caught on fire...

Why is there no emergency  button shall case like this happens? E.g. one press on a red button to unlock doors or windows; one pull to inactivate lithium battery with chemical to prevent further damage...

Hope no one would suggest sprinkler water onto lithium..... 'o' '-'

Rescue teams have the "jaws of life" that can rip a damaged car open.  Bad car accidents are not unique to EV's nor do they present more of a fire risk than a gas tank.

There is an emergency button in most cars (the hazard light button).  Does it automatically unlock the doors, probably not, but that is not a bad idea...

Some cars can detect a crash and notify emergency services automatically but it is a rare option.

(edited)

3 hours ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

Obviously you didn't get the humor in the sarcasm of the little golf cart cars ......

They drive gas cars that could go the speed limit.  They chose not to and become an annoying hazard.

Edited by TailingsPond

Super cheap gas might be bad news for EV sales.

WTI $70.08

Brent $73.52

Total silence from the resident fossil humans and terrorists.