Dan Warnick

Trump target Maxine Waters is poised to take a lead on banking regulation

(edited)

First of all let me say that, generally, I don't like this lady because of her seemingly extreme liberal agenda.  Or at least what the media on both sides have lead me to believe.  BUT, incredibly, I agree with almost everything this article points out that she wants to do in the financial sector.

(excerpts)

She also pledged to “undo that harm” that Trump-cabinet member Mick Mulvaney has done at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the agency created in the aftermath of the crisis that was tasked with policing financial services products.

Speaking to MSNBC on Tuesday, Waters also expressed strong thoughts on banking regulation and lashed out at Republicans for using the last two years to enact revisions to the post-crisis Dodd-Frank financial regulatory framework.

(also)

Waters has been particularly hard on Wells Fargo, and urged the Federal Reserve to come down on the company for the fake accounts scandal that marred its reputation. In February 2018, then-Fed Chair Janet Yellen imposed a growth cap on the company and required it to replace three of its directors.

Waters later pushed for a “Megabank Accountability and Consequences Act,” which would require banking regulators to shut down a large bank that repeatedly violated consumer protection law.

At the time, Waters said she “absolutely” felt that the other global systemically important banks — Citigroup (C), JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM), and Bank of America (BAC) — should be punished for wrongdoing as well.

Edited by Dan Warnick

2 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

First of all let me say that, generally, I don't like this lady because of her seemingly extreme liberal agenda.  Or at least what the media on both sides have lead me to believe.  BUT, incredibly, I agree with almost everything this article points out that she wants to do in the financial sector.

(excerpts)

She also pledged to “undo that harm” that Trump-cabinet member Mick Mulvaney has done at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the agency created in the aftermath of the crisis that was tasked with policing financial services products.

Speaking to MSNBC on Tuesday, Waters also expressed strong thoughts on banking regulation and lashed out at Republicans for using the last two years to enact revisions to the post-crisis Dodd-Frank financial regulatory framework.

(also)

Waters has been particularly hard on Wells Fargo, and urged the Federal Reserve to come down on the company for the fake accounts scandal that marred its reputation. In February 2018, then-Fed Chair Janet Yellen imposed a growth cap on the company and required it to replace three of its directors.

Waters later pushed for a “Megabank Accountability and Consequences Act,” which would require banking regulators to shut down a large bank that repeatedly violated consumer protection law.

At the time, Waters said she “absolutely” felt that the other global systemically important banks — Citigroup (C), JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM), and Bank of America (BAC) — should be punished for wrongdoing as well.

No, you did NOT say MAXINEWATERS??!! DAN! 

Said by Maxinewaters to Big Oil Executives (specifically to Shell president), during a discussion about big oil wanting to find new reserves offshore:

"And guess what this liberal would be all about?   This liberal would be about socializ---- … uh, umm...[awkward pause]   … would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies."

Shell president retorts by saying that we've seen this movie before, in Hugo Chavez's Venezuela.

And now, may we never speak her name again, @Dan Warnick

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rodent said:

No, you did NOT say MAXINEWATERS??!! DAN! 

Said by Maxinewaters to Big Oil Executives (specifically to Shell president), during a discussion about big oil wanting to find new reserves offshore:

"And guess what this liberal would be all about?   This liberal would be about socializ---- … uh, umm...[awkward pause]   … would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies."

Shell president retorts by saying that we've seen this movie before, in Hugo Chavez's Venezuela.

And now, may we never speak her name again, @Dan Warnick

I shall not be silenced!  Heh-heh.  I told you I don't like her, but my awareness of magnitude of Wall Street's shenanigans forces me to take drastic measures, even quoting Ms. (Gluteus) Maximus (see, I didn't say it).

• Like 1