Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KT

Eric Prince Eyeing Libyan Oil?

By my opinion, one thing is more than clear: Eric Prince know how to find a place to make money and spread his influence. Specifically I think about the process of engagement Blackwater in police stations and police force training in Libya. There is no official police in Libya, and their establishment process is just coming. This will take several years for Prince to open up great opportunities for  strengthening influence and making money. Yet another point where Prince can strengthen his position in Libya and that is the establishment and training with local forces that should prevent the inflow of immigrants and their departure further. Also, this is a long-term process. And with this gained influence we can believe that even the oilfields "will not be far" from the direct Prince's control.

“Blackwater’s proposal is more humanitarian option for the European Union compared to the chaos that is now gripping the oil-rich nation, given widespread reports of grave human rights abuses by militia groups against migrants,” Prince said.

Now this is bloody hilarious. I am aware that EU is pathetically incapable but to hire Blackwater, with the reputation it has, is just wrong

Seems like there's people out there who are blaming the EU migration policies for the things going on in Libya... 

I'm not sure I see the connection between the Blackwater boss and oil though

Wouldn't be surprised if Prince was partly behind the huge attention this is getting in the media, either. The worse it gets, the better chance he has of making his case for a Blackwater contract to go in and .... well, that's where it gets tricky since his people are in jail for murders in Iraq.