Tom Kirkman

Percentage of total global primary energy demand provided by wind and solar is 1.1%

26 minutes ago, Red said:

Why quote such old news?

Because it is still very much relevant to today. 

Like in the current and escalating French riots against the "carbon tax" - which is very simply, a wealth redistribution program imposed under the name of fixing "climate change".

endenhofer.png

40 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Because it is still very much relevant to today. 

Like in the current and escalating French riots against the "carbon tax" - which is very simply, a wealth redistribution program imposed under the name of fixing "climate change".

Governments collect taxes on lots of things for lots of reasons.  So please explain this "wealth distribution program" that you say now exists in in France.

Oh yes... and Ottmar's proposals are based on "globalisation" principles, so what any particular country does internally is of marginal importance.  I trust you realise the key role he has played over the last decade in trying to convince governments that adopting a collective policy approach to a carbon tax is about the only measure presently available to rein in emissions until market forces of themselves take over.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Red said:

Nice try but no cigar.  Is that the best you can do?

We are never going to agree, that much is clear.

I simply do not trust the Official Narrative that any climate change is the direct result of humans using hydrocarbons.  I do, however, see carbon tax as ... a tax.  Macron's "carbon tax" is simply another onerous tax that will resolve precisely ... nothing.

1 minute ago, Tom Kirkman said:

We are never going to agree, that much is clear.

I simply do not trust the Official Narrative that any climate change is the direct result of humans using hydrocarbons.  I do, however, see carbon tax as ... a tax.  Macron's "carbon tax" is simply another onerous tax that will resolve precisely ... nothing.

Actually, you are only saying you do not believe the science.  

WRT to the French riots, they had nothing to do with wealth distribution because the taxes disproportionately affected middle to low income commuters, and had more to do with concerns over cost of living.

You have completely muddled up what happened in France with Ottmar's global goals - they are poles apart.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1