Tom Kirkman

Paris Is Burning Over Climate Change Taxes -- Is America Next?

1 minute ago, Illurion said:

Better in close quarters.

The shotgun i have now is over 100 years old,  and no longer fires.

Worn out?  :)  Get off my lawn!  Shotguns would seem to make more sense though.  I mean if someone is threatening you in your home, for example, nothing longer range or repetitive should be necessary, right?  It's got a good spread, you know?  But it won't take out the neighbors, usually.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

This should be the purr-fect time to share a video that touches on far right/left, plus a few other deep thoughts:

Left, Right & more

It's only for us lower intellects, Red.  You needn't waste your time.

Just so lurkers are aware, my degree is in Sociology, and I minored in Behavioral Psychology.  The video is nicely done : )

1 minute ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Just so lurkers are aware, my degree is in Sociology, and I minored in Behavioral Psychology.  The video is nicely done : )

And, you have a goatee.  Hmmmm.....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

I've had some Pakistanis assume I'm Muslim when I had my goatee grown out long ... Sociology can be useful when roaming around the world.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

8 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

That's nothing.  Last I heard,he was busy reading Les Miserables in original French.  That goatee crowd is always figuring out how to copy Jean Valjean.  Watch out for them. 

Edited by Jan van Eck
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

23 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Worn out?  :)  Get off my lawn!  Shotguns would seem to make more sense though.  I mean if someone is threatening you in your home, for example, nothing longer range or repetitive should be necessary, right?  It's got a good spread, you know?  But it won't take out the neighbors, usually.

I have a pistol for the thugs.

A rifle for the neighbors.

And my shotgun is for whoever comes through the front door.

But my shotgun is old,  and the spring/lock holding it closed is worn out,  so when fired,  it always drops open.

Took it to a gun shop a decade or so ago,  and they got all excited and wanted to buy it,  but i told him no,  i just want it fixed.  He said it would be hard to find such a part.

It is a custom,  hand-made shotgun from the late 1800's to early 1900's.   

Do not know exactly when it was made,  but it has been in the family since 1905.

Edited by Illurion
  • Like 2

But my shotgun is old,  and the spring/lock holding it closed is worn out,  so when fired,  it always drops open.

Walgreen's has got what you need.  (Sorry, couldn't help myself :))

• Haha 1

(edited)

2 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Walgreen's has got what you need.  (Sorry, couldn't help myself :))

i wish.  see the update to the previous post.

Edited by Illurion

3 minutes ago, Illurion said:

i wish.  see the update to the previous post.

Yeah, in your case, sir, I should probably not have taken the opportunity for off color humor relating to a medical product.  Sorry about that.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Yeah, in your case, sir, I should probably not have taken the opportunity for off color humor relating to a medical product.  Sorry about that.

Actually you are not so far off.

The shotgun actually dropped partially open one time while i was firing,  and the backfire just missed my face.

All the Walgreens in the world wouldn't have saved me if i had held it about 4 inches closer to center stance.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

This should be the purr-fect time to share a video that touches on far right/left, plus a few other deep thoughts:

Left, Right & more

It's only for us lower intellects, Red.  You needn't waste your time.

Thanks Dan.  Not sure why I would not be interested - I enjoy perspectives on motivation?

Hope you enjoy this:  - empty vassals make the most noise.

• Like 1

The shotgun actually dropped partially open one time while i was firing,  and the backfire just missed my face.

All the Walgreens in the world wouldn't have saved me if i had held it about 4 inches closer to center stance.

9a21aadc1bd40f87d2d8f5258aa2f552b66faff99a98b55a4bdbc910f007f739.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, there you go then;  That's a fine example of a lack of gun control measures.  Now you know why the left wants to take away your guns.  YOLM!  (Your Own Life Matters).  That ought to be enough bait for now, I should think?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Red said:

Thanks Dan.  Not sure why I would not be interested - I enjoy perspectives on motivation?

Hope you enjoy this:  - empty vassals make the most noise.

Great series, that.  Thanks!

(edited)

18 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Well, there you go then;  That's a fine example of a lack of gun control measures.  Now you know why the left wants to take away your guns.  YOLM!  (Your Own Life Matters).  That ought to be enough bait for now, I should think?

I had shot it 4 or 5 times that day,  and it has such a powerful kickback, that my shoulder was hurting,   and so on that last shot,  i held it somewhat down my side,  by my waist,  when it went off,  luckily most of the blast went straight back,  but my old leather firing vest took the rest at about chest level.

I was very lucky.

Haven't used it since.

That is why i want to buy a new one.

Edited by Illurion
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Illurion said:

I had shot it 4 or 5 times that day,  and it has such a powerful kickback, that my shoulder was hurting,   and so on that last shot,  i held it somewhat down my side,  by my waist,  when it went off,  luckily most of the blast went straight back,  but my old leather firing vest took the rest at about chest level.

I was very lucky.

Haven't used it since.

That is why i want to buy a new one.

You were right, then.  Walgreen's would be a waste of time as you would only be able to satisfy one of your needs, and possibly some snacks and toiletries.  You need to go to Wal-Mart for ALL your gun and pharmaceutical shopping needs.  (I just love putting that out there for our foreign friends' benefit.)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

You were right, then.  Walgreen's would be a waste of time as you would only be able to satisfy one of your needs, and possibly some snacks and toiletries.  You need to go to Wal-Mart for ALL your gun and pharmaceutical shopping needs.  (I just love putting that out there for our foreign friends' benefit.)

What is the name of that silly sporting goods company that now refuses to sell guns..?

DICKS..

I remember now.

Real stupid decision.

So many of these corporate so-called "social justice warriors" are just killing their companies with their anti-gun, anti-American, politically correct garbage.

We are just one more Supreme Court Justice away from resolving so many of the problems plaguing American society today.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Illurion said:

All of mine are 22's.

One of these days i'll get an AR.

But frankly,  i would rather have a shotgun. 

Better in close quarters.

The shotgun i have now is over 100 years old,  and no longer fires.

My wife and I got each other one AR 14 for Christmas. We now have a Democrat Governor (instead of a RINO). Since our legislature is also Democrat we decided it was definitely a good time. We just got our concealed carry also. My .308 only has a three round mag. I like 30 for serious work. 

If you get a shotgun make sure it is short barreled to maneuver easily. 

• Like 1

The War Against Globalism

... The fact that globalists of every type consider nationalism a threat to their broader ambitions has meant that parochial or domestic interests are often disregarded or even rejected. With that in mind, and focusing on two issues – wholesale unwelcome immigration and corrupt government run by oligarchs – one might reasonably argue that large numbers of ordinary citizens now believe themselves to be both effectively disenfranchised and demonstrably poorer as rewarding work becomes harder to find and communities are destroyed through waves of both legal and illegal immigration.

In the United States, for example, most citizens now believe that the political system does not work at all while almost none think that even when it does work it operates for the well-being of all the citizens. For the first time since the Great Depression, Americans no longer think of upward mobility. Projections by sociologists and economists suggest that the current generation growing up in the United States will likely be materially poorer than their parents. That angst and the desire to “do something” to make government more responsive to voters’ interests is why Donald Trump was elected president.

What has been occurring in Belgium, France, with Brexit in Britain, in the recent election in Italy, and also in the warnings coming from Eastern Europe about immigration and European Union community economic policies are driven by the same concerns that operated in America. Government itself is becoming the enemy. And let us not forget the countries that have already felt the lash and been subjected to the social engineering of Angela Merkel – Ireland, Spain, Portugal and Greece. All are weaker economies crushed by the one size fits all of the EURO, which eliminated the ability of some governments to manage their own economies. They and all their citizens are poorer for it. ...

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Illurion said:

I have a pistol for the thugs.

A rifle for the neighbors.

And my shotgun is for whoever comes through the front door.

Ah, Florida.  One of those fine places in America where you can buy a machine gun right on the street in Miami, no questions asked, cash deal of course.  Then you, too, can have your own personal MAC-10.   In Florida, happiness is a warm gun barrel.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

Ah, Florida.  One of those fine places in America where you can buy a machine gun right on the street in Miami, no questions asked, cash deal of course.  Then you, too, can have your own personal MAC-10.   In Florida, happiness is a warm gun barrel.

Miami is a hell-hole.

Lots of crime there.   Mostly by the Hispanics.

I haven't visited there since the mid 1980's.

I would not be surprised if thugs were able to buy machine guns,   BUT,  there probably aren't that many sold,  simply because THEY WOULD USE THEM...  AND CURRENTLY THEY DO NOT SEEM TO BE..

In the rest of Florida at least,  the majority of crime is also by minorities,  and it is mostly against each other.

They shoot each other down on the street every day.   Black on Black crime the media calls it.

But i do not remember reading about them killing each other with machine guns.

The weapon of choice seems to be simple pistols,  used in what they call a "DRIVE BY SHOOTING."

It is very sad really.

I personally believe it has something to do with minorities having such a low marriage rate,  and low percentage of Fathers in the lives of their sons.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

The War Against Globalism

... The fact that globalists of every type consider nationalism a threat to their broader ambitions has meant that parochial or domestic interests are often disregarded or even rejected. With that in mind, and focusing on two issues – wholesale unwelcome immigration and corrupt government run by oligarchs – one might reasonably argue that large numbers of ordinary citizens now believe themselves to be both effectively disenfranchised and demonstrably poorer as rewarding work becomes harder to find and communities are destroyed through waves of both legal and illegal immigration.

In the United States, for example, most citizens now believe that the political system does not work at all while almost none think that even when it does work it operates for the well-being of all the citizens. For the first time since the Great Depression, Americans no longer think of upward mobility. Projections by sociologists and economists suggest that the current generation growing up in the United States will likely be materially poorer than their parents. That angst and the desire to “do something” to make government more responsive to voters’ interests is why Donald Trump was elected president.

What has been occurring in Belgium, France, with Brexit in Britain, in the recent election in Italy, and also in the warnings coming from Eastern Europe about immigration and European Union community economic policies are driven by the same concerns that operated in America. Government itself is becoming the enemy. And let us not forget the countries that have already felt the lash and been subjected to the social engineering of Angela Merkel – Ireland, Spain, Portugal and Greece. All are weaker economies crushed by the one size fits all of the EURO, which eliminated the ability of some governments to manage their own economies. They and all their citizens are poorer for it. ...

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/12/european-union-brilliant-insidious-construction/

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 3

(edited)

19 minutes ago, TXPower said:

Both yours,  and Tom's articles are bullseye correct.

Because of the bad effects of Globalism,   citizens everywhere feel betrayed by their own Governments.

Governments are now seen as the enemy of the people.

In the USA at least,  we citizens have guns.

In Europe,   there is no household defense against the government.

In a post the other day,  RED,  said that the "EU IS NOT A GOVERNMENT."   

I think that your article above shreds that argument.

I do not believe the EU will last much longer in any case.   A decade more maybe.

The various disparate peoples of the various European states no longer trust the EU,  and as islamic immigration into Europe continues unabated,   once they have essentially taken over,  they will discard the EU.

But then what do i know.

Edited by Illurion
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 12/29/2018 at 3:04 AM, Illurion said:

Red:

(1)  as far as i am concerned,  YOU are a member of the alt-left.    But big deal,  if that is what floats your boat,  then fine...

(2)  as has been mentioned many times in these two threads,  the EU ELITE are the alt-left elite in the EU.   I would mention that Rodent says we can no longer mention the name MAXINE WATERS,   but i will do so anyway,  as she is one of the Alt-left Elite in the USA....

I could go on,  but it is a waste,  as facts are just ignored by you.

You seem to interpret as you want to interpret,  and ignore the spirit in which the other persons post was written....

As for conspiracy theories,  you have already shown that you do not know what a theory is.

In conclusion,  why don't you spend more time actually writing something that might interest more people on the board,  rather than attacking everyone else about what they wrote ..!

Take Jan for example,   he and i go at it every once in a while,  but at least HE WRITES INTERESTING THINGS....

And because of that,  he has far more UPVOTES than the number of posts he has written.

In other words,  he is seen as POSITIVE on the board,  even by me.

Why can't you be more like Jan ?

Have you even written anything about OIL at all ?    or is arguing politics all you want to talk about. ?

This site is about oil......

We have this "geopolitics" section as an afterthought for trends that might affect oil,  or simply because it is a slow day in oil.

Please stop attacking me,  and just leave me alone.

I come here to keep track of oil / gasoline.....   and to exchange ideas...  or even to debate ideas...

But arguing,  and debating are not the same thing.

To be fair this is the renewables section which is heavily linked with Climate change which is what this particular thread is linked to although its expanded into different areas of politics. 

• Upvote 1

(edited)

2 hours ago, NickW said:

To be fair this is the renewables section which is heavily linked with Climate change which is what this particular thread is linked to although its expanded into different areas of politics. 

Hi Nick.  To be fair, this is the renewables section of OilPrice.com which would make me believe it would not be the first place I would go to join discussions with like minded folks if I were into renewables.  My read on why a renewables section was added to this site was to address renewables as they affect oil, not how oil is destroying the world and we are all devils for existing.  Red is free to say his piece on here the same as anyone else, but the message I got from Illurion's comment was that he is tired of being attacked.  Red makes any discussion a confrontation and I don't like that either.  Nobody has to agree with everyone else, but there is no real reason to attack either.  But he's got a right to lurk and say his piece as much as anyone else.  We have the option to ask him to tone it down, or we have the option to leave the discussion.  I think we all get that.

P.S. Red has his moments when he makes a comment that is simply informative and pleasant, and those moments are great.  I think we have all had a bad day and it is probably reflected in what we type on here, but it's nice to get back to good natured discussion when possible.

Edited by Dan Warnick
  • Upvote 2