Asian equities fell Monday as data showed China exports weakened ahead of U.S.-China trade talks and tracking last week’s stock-market retreat in the U.S. China’s export growth sank in November as global demand weakened, adding to pressure on Beijing ahead of trade talks with Washington. Exports rose 5.4% over a year ago to $227.4 billion, a marked decline from the previous month’s 12.6% increase, customs data showed Saturday. Imports rose 3% to $182.7 billion, a sharp reversal from October’s 20.3% surge.

• Like 1

Lot of companies moving and buying from Vietnam,Bangladesh,India and other countries with cheaper labor. China's exports will continua to decline as this trend continuous.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 李伟王芳 said:

Asian equities fell Monday as data showed China exports weakened ahead of U.S.-China trade talks and tracking last week’s stock-market retreat in the U.S. China’s export growth sank in November as global demand weakened, adding to pressure on Beijing ahead of trade talks with Washington. Exports rose 5.4% over a year ago to $227.4 billion, a marked decline from the previous month’s 12.6% increase, customs data showed Saturday. Imports rose 3% to $182.7 billion, a sharp reversal from October’s 20.3% surge.

The question is Who can take the pain longer, Xi or Trump?

• Like 1

Just now, Joanna said:

My question is should US companies been given a 10% tax cut while they basically are to blame for outsourcing jobs that could have been done here

1 minute ago, JohnAtronis said:

My question is should US companies been given a 10% tax cut while they basically are to blame for outsourcing jobs that could have been done here

Fun fact: We are the only country paying these outrages prices for these Chinese goods . In Vietnam a Wrangler western shirt sells for less than 5 dollars, in Turkey Gap is on flea market level...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 李伟王芳 said:

Well, Japan's economy contracted more sharply than initially estimated in the July-September quarter due to weaker-than-expected capital spending by companies. The economy decelerated at an annualized pace of 2.5% in the third quarter, much worse than the initial estimate of a 1.2% contraction.

16 minutes ago, 李伟王芳 said:

So Germany and Japan already negative, that is 2 of the largest economies in the world. China is going to take it on the chin if they don't fix the tariff issue soon.

• Like 2

(edited)

10 hours ago, Joanna said:

Trump has the world pushing him to trade with despotic China rather than build other nations that have more freedoms. Xi is now a new Mao without much bloodletting. Trump is a very strong man against the world globalist establishment of the super rich. He is not a saint but his heart is in the right place. He needs freedom lovers prayers and support. 

It appears that the Hang Seng and Shanghai indexes have lost slightly more than the American exchanges. Am I wrong?

Edited by ronwagn

(edited)

11 hours ago, Cokiga Damke said:

Fun fact: We are the only country paying these outrages prices for these Chinese goods . In Vietnam a Wrangler western shirt sells for less than 5 dollars, in Turkey Gap is on flea market level...

Is this the fault of our marketing system?  It reminds me of the outrageous prices we pay for many of our pharmaceuticals versus the rest of the world. Trump has already greatly reduced the price of some medicines. I take Eliquis and it is now much cheaper than before he spoke out. Americans are often willing to pay more which leads to the pricing system of "Whatever the traffic will bear",

Edited by ronwagn
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2018 at 9:07 PM, ronwagn said:

Is this the fault of our marketing system?  It reminds me of the outrageous prices we pay for many of our pharmaceuticals versus the rest of the world. Trump has already greatly reduced the price of some medicines. I take Eliquis and it is now much cheaper than before he spoke out. Americans are often willing to pay more which leads to the pricing system of "Whatever the traffic will bear",

A bit misleading. You go to a proper Nike or whatever store in Turkey, or India, or whatever, and the prices are up there. Or you can buy what may or not be authentic, for pennies on the dollar. I've bought from street markets in Hong Kong for almost nothing, and five miles away what is the same product, three times the USA price. 

The bipartisan bill to allow the feds to negotiate medicine, not really a Trump thing, attempts have happen over the years. Love or hate Trump, nobody claims he has an interest in working the legislative process. 

I am all for what the market will bear, but it can't be rigged market. And in medicine, the market is rigged. And not for users, or even the rank and file providers. For clothes, most optional consumer products, keep the government uninvolved except for fraud and safety issues.

• Like 1