Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PT

Crypto for WhatsApp transfers?

Bloomberg reported  that Facebook’s long-rumored cryptocurrency is in development and will allow users to exchange currency through its encrypted chat service WhatsApp. The company has long been expected to make a move in financial services, after hiring former PayPal president David Marcus to run its Messenger app in 2014. In May, Marcus became the head of Facebook's blockchain initiatives. But I wouldn't expect this any time soon

2 minutes ago, Meanwhile said:

Bloomberg reported  that Facebook’s long-rumored cryptocurrency is in development and will allow users to exchange currency through its encrypted chat service WhatsApp. The company has long been expected to make a move in financial services, after hiring former PayPal president David Marcus to run its Messenger app in 2014. In May, Marcus became the head of Facebook's blockchain initiatives. But I wouldn't expect this any time soon

I trust FB with my personal data so much that I’m going to trust him with my financial info too. Right

4 minutes ago, Meanwhile said:

Well, facebook need to monetize all it can on all their platforms . Instagram is next

6 minutes ago, Meanwhile said:

I guess that the initial focus of this effort would be the remittances market in India and and the cryptocurrency would be a stablecoin 

3 minutes ago, Joanna said:

Well, facebook need to monetize all it can on all their platforms . Instagram is next

5 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I trust FB with my personal data so much that I’m going to trust him with my financial info too. Right

Nobody trust Facebook anymore. They need re-brand and new reputable CEO.

Just now, Ajan Bosnjacki said:

Nobody trust Facebook anymore. They need re-brand and new reputable CEO.

What do you think the major credit agencies do with your data? How do you think that spam mail gets to you? How do think that they know how to send luxury ads to rich people and mortgage refinancing to others? Don't blame social media alone for this 

7 minutes ago, Joanna said:

I guess that the initial focus of this effort would be the remittances market in India and and the cryptocurrency would be a stablecoin 

Facebook sees tremendous growth opportunity in the country. India has 480 million internet users, second only to China. That number is projected to grow to 737 million by 2022. WhatsApp, the company’s encrypted mobile-messaging app, is popular in India, with more than 200 million users. The country also leads the world in remittances -- people sent $69 billion home to India in 2017,

Why do they not just facilitate the transfer of bitcoin on WhatsApp

Just now, Hajga Loma DK said:

Why do they not just facilitate the transfer of bitcoin on WhatsApp

Because bitcoin is traded up and down and one could lose a lot of money. Facebook 's coin will be tied to dollar so it will be only used for electronic transfer