I'm interested in talking with Oklahoma mineral rights owners about  all aspects of owning them. Leasing, permits, info on whats going on in Oklama, finding info on up and coming hot areas, etc.

17 minutes ago, Elizabeth said:

I'm interested in talking with Oklahoma mineral rights owners about  all aspects of owning them. Leasing, permits, info on whats going on in Oklama, finding info on up and coming hot areas, etc.

Hello Elizabeth,

Here's a good place to start.

https://www.mineralrightsforum.com/c/oklahoma-mineral-rights

• Like 1

Thanks, I do belong to that forum..was looking at other options.

6 minutes ago, Elizabeth said:

Thanks, I do belong to that forum..was looking at other options.

There's also Oklahoma wells for daily intent to drill and completion reports

https://www.oklahomawells.com/

The mineral owners, no matter in what state where they hold minerals will give you information on the bonuses and royalties paid to them by oil companies.  If the minerals aren't severed they will also give you some info on the money they receive from the companies for access, damages, etc. on the surface estate.   If you're looking on the ground and see pumpjacks and Christmas trees this is where production is occurring so is leased by the oil company from the mineral owners.  If you are interested in acquiring minerals that is a pretty expensive endeavor.  If you want to lease the minerals and try to assign to an oil company and you're not in a producing area, you'll have to have some geology to try and convince them there might be the probability of discovering oil and/or gas.  I'll give you some advice here that you should probably think about.  You will probably find doors shut in your face if you walk up to a house where oil and gas activity is present to try and speak to the landowner who "might" be the mineral owners.  Otherwise, you need to get the description of the property and go to the local title company and find the last oil and gas lease that was entered into between the oil company and the mineral owner.  If you just want any mineral owner, to talk to you'll have to run title on the property and read all the documents to find the mineral owners.  In lots of cases you might find many mineral owners who own minerals under one tract of land.  So, be careful and good luck.  And, call first to be safe if you decide you want to do this.  Also, you can check the tax assessor since the state might tax producing and/or non-producing royalties.  Texas does, not sure about Oklahoma.

• Like 1

Elizabeth,

You might also try www.oilpatchpress.com. It's a website that sells books for mineral rights owners and also for oil and gas professionals. And they are reasonably priced.