Marina Schwarz

Solid-State Batteries

Our guidelines. Just in case some of the members are not familiar with them. @shadowkin

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shadowkin said:

You pointed out my mention of hydrogen fuel cell vehicles and how they weren't in the original article like you made some great rebuttal and then you introduce trains? Lol. In doing so you unknowingly made one of my points. Niche market. Trains.

In fact I introduced hydrogen for discussion on the first page,  not you:

On 1/11/2019 at 6:39 AM, Red said:

Given that energy densities are a drawback to EVs compared to hydrogen, maybe that would have been a more interesting topic.

I introduced trains because hydrogen's energy density is a possible solution to a number of transport issues.  By the way, this is potentially an emergent market and not a niche market. 

In any case, far more interesting things are actually happening right now which are immediately transformational.  Anyone not busy in April that has a few days to spare visiting Toronto can see how far things have come in the mining industry.  Mine electrification, in open pits and underground, is inevitable because it achieves efficiencies and cost savings at many different levels.

On 1/14/2019 at 2:45 PM, Red said:

In fact I introduced hydrogen for discussion on the first page,  not you:

On 1/10/2019 at 12:39 PM, Red said:

That English. No one said otherwise. In fact I said 3 times you introduced hydrogen. That was your downfall. 

On 1/14/2019 at 2:45 PM, Red said:

By the way, this is potentially an emergent market and not a niche market.

In any given year in the US 5,6,7,8,9 million cars are sold, annually. Let me know when hydrogen trains sell at even 1% of that, annually.

On 1/9/2019 at 1:23 PM, Marina Schwarz said:

No, it won't. Norway is a small country with a very small and wealthy population. And "more than 50%" is still not "most people", let's be real.

And Norway has no Autobahn, only tiny winding roads1200px-Aust-Agder_fv_417_20120826-2.JPG with UP TO(!) 40mph speed limits, draconian automatic speed controls, and a road toll system that does not apply for EVs....