Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marina Schwarz

Watch Aluminum to See Where China is Going

China-watching is a growing thing among people interested in where the world's economy is going and aluminium-watching, apparently, can help paint the picture, according to this guy from Bloomberg.

• Like 2

(edited)

14 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

China-watching is a growing thing among people interested in where the world's economy is going and aluminium-watching, apparently, can help paint the picture, according to this guy from Bloomberg.

Chinese manufacturing can and should be replaced to the extent possible. The somewhat "Free World" should boycott Chinese production and replace it with other nations that allow free speech, freedom of religion, and other liberties. There are plenty out there. China is near the bottom of the list. Mexico, Brazil,and India are three of the largest. 

Working conditions in Chines factory https://neonnettle.com/features/1595-chinese-disney-workers-earn-just-1-cent-for-each-44-ariel-doll-they-make

Edited by ronwagn

Um, the workers in this link are employees of a U.S. company, correct? I've heard horror stories about the working conditions at Apple factories in China. While it is certainly the responsibility of the authorities to keep the state of working conditions in check, doesn't the employer also have responsibilities to not treat its workers like machines? I think it is.

I'm sure if there were plenty of ideologically/socially better alternatives to China these would have been exploited. That they haven't is evidence they are not really alternatives, as much as we don't like the negative effects of authoritarianism. Before you ask "Are there any positive effects?" I'll say yes, there are, though not on an individual-happiness level.