Tom Kirkman

Back in the Saddle Again - the Return of the Oil Bulls

Back in the Saddle Again - Aerosmith | YouTube

Oil Enters Bull Market As Shorts Are Wiped Out

After crude suffered a near record, 44% plunge in the fourth quarter, one which left commodity funds reeling and both OPEC and oil exporting nations in a panic, oil stormed back into bull market territory, as investors who’d abandoned crude just a month ago were lured back by an OPEC-led campaign to bring runaway supplies in check coupled with algos who turned from net short back to long.

========================

Told ya so, 6 weeks ago.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The guy that runs zerohedge was banned for insider trading , so he's got to know something 😊

I'm a fan of ZeroHedge.  The snarky commentary by The Tylers can be pretty amusing.  And a good alternative overview of global news as a counter to mainstream media nonsense.

Some of the articles that ZeroHedge repost can be pretty far off the mark, but some are truly zingers.

I especially pay attention any original commentary about oil & gas by The Tylers, as I generally tend to have similar views.  I'm also a long-time commentor in the comments section there (using a pseudonymn, of course, as per the pseudo-anonymous requirements there).

For anyone who is not familiar with why I pluralize The Tylers, here is the Business Insider a couple years ago:

The real identities of 'Tyler Durden' and Zero Hedge have been revealed

And the rebuttal by The Tylers:

The Full Story Behind Bloomberg's Attempt To "Unmask" Zero Hedge

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Back in the Saddle Again - Aerosmith | YouTube

Oil Enters Bull Market As Shorts Are Wiped Out

After crude suffered a near record, 44% plunge in the fourth quarter, one which left commodity funds reeling and both OPEC and oil exporting nations in a panic, oil stormed back into bull market territory, as investors who’d abandoned crude just a month ago were lured back by an OPEC-led campaign to bring runaway supplies in check coupled with algos who turned from net short back to long.

========================

Told ya so, 6 weeks ago.

Yes, you certainly did. Let's see how the gains hold up. 

Your thoughts on U.S.-China trade talks? The policy statement was not that promising eh?

17 hours ago, Osama said:

Yes, you certainly did. Let's see how the gains hold up. 

Your thoughts on U.S.-China trade talks? The policy statement was not that promising eh?

Still hoping for an average of $70 oil [Brent] this year.  WTI is a different animal.

I wouldn't bet against Trump on the US - China trade talks.

• Like 1