US-backed coup in Venezuela not so smooth

(edited)

Regardless of what you call it, you gotta admit it's a smarter policy than what a lot of these South American ideologues do.  Instead of spending all of the time demonizing the US, perhaps a better idea would be to figure out what is it that makes America stronger and tougher than most other countries and copy some of those characteristics.  

When I read posts written by Russian or South American people saying "US is shi- because of XXX reason blah blah blah" I'm thinking "wow these guys are 50 years behind the times.  It sounds like the stuff Chairman Mao would say."  To me a lot of their moaning just sounds like envy.  "I wish my country was strong enough to interfere in other people's affairs like the way the US can.  Unfortunately, the only thing my country can accomplish right now is to complain about it."  

If someone is strong, copy them.  The Japanese figured it out, too during the Mejii restoration.  

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

Isn't that the vast majority of the world?

No..

According to the Democrats,  only us Republicans work for the Russians.......

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Observatus Geopoliticus said:

In Iraq, US military presence is in the balance. In Afghanistan, they talk to the Taliban to find a way to escape the country. So yep, lost wars. Your ''battle hardened troops'' have been beaten by a bunch of guys in black pyjamas. Again...

But you're right on one thing : one of the objectives of these messy US wars was to surrounder Iran. Suicidal policy followed for decades by Washington. Iran and Shias are harmless, the danger is the Sunni lunatic terrorists killing innocent people all around the globe (Al Qeda, ISIS). Instead of allying with Iran against Saudi Arabia and other backers of the terrorists, US-led West is allied to the worst scum in the world ; the Sunni petromonarchies financing terror.

US used these jihadists in Afghanistan, in Chechnya, in Bosnia, in Syria. The so-called ''war on terror'' is a pityfull joke : US is hand in hand with the terrorists for 40 years.

Well now I get it.  Thanks.

  • Great Response! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, TXPower said:

You illigetimize yourself calling Iran harmless.   That is complete and total bunk.  In addition to being a US hater you are either willfully blind, a partisan or not as observatus geopoliticus as your forum name would have us believe.  Hate the US if you want, but don’t make yourself look silly trying to be an apologist for Tehran, a regime with plenty sin at home and internationally.  People will take you more seriously.

What possibly can you know about Iran ? Have you been there ? Nope of course. Do you know Iran's history ? Nope of course. You're just ranting, repeating the same ole bulls... of the MSM like a parrot.

Does Iran threaten the world ? No. If you think yes, tell me how.

Does Iran fund/arm/ideoligize terror groups threatening us ? No.

Did Iran invade a country ? No.

Is Iran a totalitarian dictature like Saudi Arabia, our dear ally ? No.

You're full of bla bla but there's no argument in your rant.

Iran - US.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Zhong Lu said:

Regardless of what you call it, you gotta admit it's a smarter policy than what a lot of these South American ideologues do.  Instead of spending all of the time demonizing the US, perhaps a better idea would be to figure out what is it that makes America stronger and tougher than most other countries and copy some of those characteristics.  

When I read posts written by Russian or South American people saying "US is shi- because of XXX reason blah blah blah" I'm thinking "wow these guys are 50 years behind the times.  It sounds like the stuff Chairman Mao would say."  To me a lot of their moaning just sounds like envy.  "I wish my country was strong enough to interfere in other people's affairs like the way the US can.  Unfortunately, the only thing my country can accomplish right now is to complain about it."  

If someone is strong, copy them.  The Japanese figured it out, too during the Mejii restoration.  

In America,  we have a phrase that describes all that you wrote:

'If you can't beat them,  Join them."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Illurion said:

First of all    BOY.......

I AM GROWN MAN...

If you want to be treated as an adult,  then you need to start talking to us as IF YOU WERE AN ADULT.......

Which you do not....

 

If you want people to treat you better,  why don't you stop acting like a PETULANT CHILD,  and treat us better........

 

Why don't you actually USE YOUR NAME.........?

 

Talk about  "SPINELESS"   ......

 

Instead,  you are  hiding  behind the ridiculous title of    "OBSERVATUS GEOPOLITICUS"......?

 

You are nothing but a small,  internet troll.........

 

You joined this OIL FORUM  and all but one of your posts is about Venezuela............

 

Why is that ?

 

Grow up.....

 

 

Congrats ! The first post with ZERO argument. You were caught trolling and talking absurdities. Now you melt down and loose your face. Go on trolling if it can aliviate your pain. Cheers

 

4 hours ago, Zhong Lu said:

Well, that proves it.  Dude up there's (Observus Stupididus) got an ax to grind against America.  Another angry internet shill.  

Probably paid by the Russians.  

Troll number two reporting. Caught telling lies many times (''millions of dead'', ''majority of countries recognising Guaido''), you're unable to cope with facts and resort calling names. Great for you, poor guy. Good luck

  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Observatus Geopoliticus said:

What possibly can you know about Iran ? Have you been there ? Nope of course. Do you know Iran's history ? Nope of course. You're just ranting, repeating the same ole bulls... of the MSM like a parrot.

Does Iran threaten the world ? No. If you think yes, tell me how.

Does Iran fund/arm/ideoligize terror groups threatening us ? No.

Did Iran invade a country ? No.

Is Iran a totalitarian dictature like Saudi Arabia, our dear ally ? No.

You're full of bla bla but there's no argument in your rant.

Iran - US.jpg

a total lie,  as Iran routinely sends murder hit squads overseas to assassinate people in many countries,  and has done so for 40 years.......

Iran pays for,  trains,  and sponsors many international terrorist groups like the Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas, Hezbollah, and many others........

Iranian soldiers are currently at war in Venezuela, Yemen,  Somalia, and Libya, and in Syria has attacked Israel many times in the last year from Southern Syria........

In Venezuela,  Iran says it's Revolutionary Guard troops have joined the Cubans to be Maduro's personal body guards......

 

So your little picture above is a lie...........

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Observatus Geopoliticus said:

Congrats ! The first post with ZERO argument.

Since everything you wrote was a lie,  there was nothing for me to reply too other than to point out that you are a troll,   that posts here under false pretenses........

  • Great Response! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ronwagn said:

Millions have been forced to vote with their feet.

Agree, I see them everyday. But other millions have also supported Maduro. Since the beginning I say that venezuela is deeply divided and on the verge of civil war. The silly US tactics just ignites the fire...

 

1 hour ago, ronwagn said:

The elections held were jokes as in Russia, eliminating the best candidates.

So are the 2000 US elections or the 2005 EU referendum.

By the way, tell me exactly who the best Russian candidates are ? Don't tell me they are the silly liberals who created a mess in the 90's, putting half the population under poverty. They are despised in Russia and their popularity reaches 5%.

1 hour ago, ronwagn said:

The technology of dictatorship continues to advance by communists, socialists, and Muslims. 

Muslims are the best allies of the US who used them a hell lot of times (Afghanistan, Bosnia, Chechnya, Kosovo, Pakistan against India...) If you're afraid of the muslims, tell Washington. Period.

 

1 hour ago, ronwagn said:

There are many small nations that vote in the U.N. Their vote is not important to the way the world actually works. The vast majority of South and Central Americans are against Maduro. It should be well noted that the new socialist President of Mexico abstained.

Russia, India, China, Turkey, Italy, Iran, South Africa... are not exactly what we call small nations. Even close US allies like Japan, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Qatar etc. refused to recognise the coup.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Observatus Geopoliticus said:

Only about 50 countries have recognised US puppet Guaido as the legitimate president, that's 1/4 of the nations in the world.

So, the headline itself is wrong.  I guess it should be "The 50+ Countries Backed Coup in Venezuela"?  In case anyone was wondering, Sir Richard Branson is not a country, although he does have his own island.  Throwing some good parties down on the border trying to raise millions of $$ to help the people of Venezuela.

  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Illurion said:

a total lie,  as Iran routinely sends murder hit squads overseas to assassinate people in many countries,  and has done so for 40 years......

Peanuts compared to what Saudis are doing with one single terror attack (9/11, Bataclan and hundreds of other attacks).

 

9 hours ago, Illurion said:

Iran pays for,  trains,  and sponsors many international terrorist groups like the Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas, Hezbollah, and many others........

Muslim Brotherhood hates shia Iran (edited for violating community guidelines) ! They're killing eachother in Syria right now.

As for Hezbollah, yes. Thanks to Hezbollah, Christians in Syria have been saved from the US/Saudi-backed Sunni terrorists. Do you want to see christian people dead ? Are you fond of islamic terror lunatics ?

9 hours ago, Illurion said:

Iranian soldiers are currently at war in Venezuela, Yemen,  Somalia, and Libya, and in Syria has attacked Israel many times in the last year from Southern Syria........ In Venezuela,  Iran says it's Revolutionary Guard troops have joined the Cubans to be Maduro's personal body guards......

Ha ha ha ha ha, what a bunch of crap. So for you, to send body guards means invasion ? You're ridiculous.

In Yemen, you Saudi buddies are doing a genocide on the population, not Iran.

In Somalia ???

In Libya ???

In Syria, Israel attacked them while they were fighting against your ISIS buddies.

Hez église.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Illurion said:

Since everything you wrote was a lie,  there was nothing for me to reply too other than to point out that you are a troll,   that posts here under false pretenses........

You have ZERO argument because you have no knowledge whatsoever about what's going on in the world. American people are not reknown for their knowledge, true, but you're a class apart. You don't know the difference between Sunni and Shia, you don't know who the terror groups are, you know nothing about history, Middle East or Latin America.

Oh dear...

  • Great Response! 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

33 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

So, the headline itself is wrong.  I guess it should be "The 50+ Countries Backed Coup in Venezuela"?  In case anyone was wondering, Sir Richard Branson is not a country, although he does have his own island.  Throwing some good parties down on the border trying to raise millions of $$ to help the people of Venezuela.

Branson should help the Yemeni people litteraly starving to death because of the Saudi war. But wait, UK and US are Saudis' allies and give these murderous bastards weapons, so it's more politicaly convenient to support a US coup in Venezuela, right ?

But make no mistake, Dan, I'm not supporting Maduro. He has harmed Venezuela with his silly policy, even if the US sanctions made the situation a lot worse. But it's just impossible to support another US-backed coup after all the mess created by Washington in Ukraine, Syria, Iraq, Vietnam, Iran (1953), Chile (1973), Guatemala (1953) and so on...

Edited by Observatus Geopoliticus
  • Great Response! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Illurion said:

No..

According to the Democrats,  only us Republicans work for the Russians.......

So the rest of the world -and half of it's own citizens-  have an axe to grind with the USA.  :)🍺

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

20 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

Did you ever look at what sits between Iraq and Afghanistan?  Lost wars?  Or, permanent bases of 100% battle hardened troops with all the toys they need for a neighborhood BBQ?

image.thumb.png.fdd6bbb0257f6ad4b15edc266b61c543.png

Between Iraq and Afghanistan sits Iran. If you see something else then check the map you yourself provided. "Battle hardened troops" for 18 long years can't even beat goat herders wearing flip-flops. Your war is lost. Again (remember Vietnam?)

If you don't trust me then go check the facts: 

https://nordic.businessinsider.com/the-us-is-losing-in-afghanistan-but-the-trump-admin-wont-admit-it-2018-9?r=US&IR=T

https://www.weeklystandard.com/thomas-joscelyn/the-afghanistan-war-is-over-we-lost

Edited by Maxim Androsov
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Observatus Geopoliticus said:

What possibly can you know about Iran ? Have you been there ? Nope of course. Do you know Iran's history ? Nope of course. You're just ranting, repeating the same ole bulls... of the MSM like a parrot.

Does Iran threaten the world ? No. If you think yes, tell me how.

Does Iran fund/arm/ideoligize terror groups threatening us ? No.

Did Iran invade a country ? No.

Is Iran a totalitarian dictature like Saudi Arabia, our dear ally ? No.

You're full of bla bla but there's no argument in your rant.

Iran - US.jpg

Delusional. Now I know nothing about Iran because I haven’t lived there.  

And you want to argue moral positions over our relationships with SA vs. Iran.  I submit that neither are good and have written the truth exstinsively on this forum, that it’s about balance of power.  Pure and simple.  

I hope alternative energy makes great strides soon so that the ME will lose the one thing that gives them any power or influence in the world. 

Do a simple web search on Iran as a state sponsor of terror.  And yes, the Mullahs in Iran are totalitarian they and their faithful espouse death to Israel, the little and big Satan and anyone who stands in the way of the caliphate and mahdi, which they believe they will hasten the return of.  You know little about the real power in Iran or you willingly disregard it.

Your responses are predictable if nothing else.  

  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

On 2/22/2019 at 8:51 PM, TXPower said:

Delusions about the true Russia.  Pointing to others bad behavior thinking it bolsters Russia’s position.  It does not.  Especially since I have repeatedly conceded that the US has our own historical sin.  You submit we are currently on the same path as if Russia isn’t.  Seriously?  Um, Syria.  Own that.   It’s honorable to do so and decorum demands it.  We aren’t the only death dealers.

The agreed upon conservative estimate by historians as to the number of Russians Stalin killed is 20 million.  Interesting that’s the supposed number you used referring to the those killed by the US in “victim nations”.  We haven’t even begun to discuss other places and people’s killed by Russians or the support of Russia.  Suffice it to say, the US and Russia have sorted pasts.

To bring it round full circle.  Right now it’s Russia taking a war-like stance with as you pointed out, the installment of their missiles in Venezuela.  Perhaps you believe Russia is doing so for altruistic reasons.

If you feel as strongly as you let on here in this forum about nations staying out of Venezuela’s business and letting Venezuelan’s decide for themselves, I recommend you begin immediately protesting Russia’s presence there now and all movement of military assets into that country.  Do it in Red-Square.    

For clarity sake, I hope my country does not enter the fray in Venezuela for all the reasons you list plus some.

The a-bomb marked made in Germany?  Perhaps.  It could have just as easily been marked made in Russia.  But it wasn’t.  I seem to remember the Russian Space Program getting a boost from German scientists as well.  As an aside, I’m glad Europe and Russia weakened the Germans enough for the US to arrive late and help deliver the death blow.  I don’t know any Russians so I’ll say it to you.  Thank you.  I’d be remiss however if I didn’t point out, Hitler was Europe’s problem and for a good while the US was trying to do what you keep suggesting we ought to do in Venezuela, stay out of other countries affairs.  Can’t have it both ways.

 

Sorry, but judging by your notion "The agreed upon conservative estimate by historians as to the number of Russians Stalin killed is 20 million" I understand that you either know nothing about Stalin or use wong sources and wrong "historians". Try this one - Grover Furr. He is an American, as you are. He wrote many books on history of USSR.

You can start with this one. https://www.amazon.com/Blood-Lies-Evidence-Accusation-Bloodlands/dp/0692200991

It'll help you to stop spreading further lies about Stalin and USSR in that regard.

He wrote not just one but many.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=dp_byline_sr_book_1?ie=UTF8&text=Furr+Grover&search-alias=books&field-author=Furr+Grover&sort=relevancerank

Enjoy!

Edited by Maxim Androsov

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Maxim Androsov said:

Sorry, but judging by your notion "The agreed upon conservative estimate by historians as to the number of Russians Stalin killed is 20 million" I understand that you either know nothing about Stalin or use wong sources and wrong "historians". Try this one - Grover Furr. He is an American, as you. He wrote many books on history of USSR.

You can start with this one. https://www.amazon.com/Blood-Lies-Evidence-Accusation-Bloodlands/dp/0692200991

It'll help you to stop spreading further lies about Stalin and USSR in that regard.

He wrote not just one but many.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=dp_byline_sr_book_1?ie=UTF8&text=Furr+Grover&search-alias=books&field-author=Furr+Grover&sort=relevancerank

Enjoy!

Grover Furr, a known Socialist/Communist sympathizer and apologist for Stalin and the USSR in general.  That’s rich!!  He’s not even a historian.  Beyond his birthplace he is no where near as American as me.

I wonder Maxim, if perhaps you have ever thought through this far enough to consider that the history you have been taught is the lie.

  • Great Response! 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK. Let me make something clear, zerohedge is a Bulgarian website that has made it a part of their mission to represent Russian interests. I'm not kidding, look it up. They've been transparent about that.

Maduro is a terrible person and an idiot because starving citizens will feel inclined to overthrow governments. He should accept all aid if he doesn't want to be overthrown by his own people.

The U.S. should not invade, but if we do S300 systems won't do jack.

Stalin was a douche by western values. Russians still like him because they have different values. That's why there's still tension between Russia and the west. What Russia thinks is "good" the west will always consider morally reprehensible. No point in arguing about it.

  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Maxim Androsov said:

Between Iraq and Afghanistan sits Iran. If you see something else then check the map you yourself provided. "Battle hardened troops" for 18 long years can't even beat goat herders wearing flip-flops. Your war is lost. Again (remember Vietnam?)

If you don't trust me then go check the facts: 

https://nordic.businessinsider.com/the-us-is-losing-in-afghanistan-but-the-trump-admin-wont-admit-it-2018-9?r=US&IR=T

https://www.weeklystandard.com/thomas-joscelyn/the-afghanistan-war-is-over-we-lost

Ok, you're right.  There, I hope I haven't upset your real-view of the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep up the lively and intelligent debate. Leave the name calling to another forum that tolerates such nonsense. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

So the rest of the world -and half of it's own citizens-  have an axe to grind with the USA.  :)🍺

Only as long as you mean:   "THE REST OF THE WORLD,  AND THE (REPUBLICAN) HALF OF IT'S OWN CITIZENS,  HAVE AN AXE TO GRIND WITH THE (DEMOCRATS) USA."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Illurion said:

Only as long as you mean:   "THE REST OF THE WORLD,  AND THE (REPUBLICAN) HALF OF IT'S OWN CITIZENS,  HAVE AN AXE TO GRIND WITH THE (DEMOCRATS) USA."

Or are literally laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN2jqTilLOM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Illurion said:

a total lie,  as Iran routinely sends murder hit squads overseas to assassinate people in many countries,  and has done so for 40 years.......

Iran pays for,  trains,  and sponsors many international terrorist groups like the Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas, Hezbollah, and many others........

Iranian soldiers are currently at war in Venezuela, Yemen,  Somalia, and Libya, and in Syria has attacked Israel many times in the last year from Southern Syria........

In Venezuela,  Iran says it's Revolutionary Guard troops have joined the Cubans to be Maduro's personal body guards......

 

So your little picture above is a lie...........

In Syria by invite of the legitimate Government of that Country.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites